Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

knewyork
02-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Company email today says the company is looking at an additional 15 or so aircraft this year. Also says there are plans for a “westward” base in Q2 which I have a separate source from within crew planning saying it is Houston in April.

Email also refutes any merger talk but I feel like that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Excargodog
02-10-2018, 04:38 PM
Company email today says the company is looking at an additional 15 or so aircraft this year. Also says there are plans for a “westward” base in Q2 which I have a separate source from within crew planning saying it is Houston in April.

Email also refutes any merger talk but I feel like that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Care to share WHICH company?

Taco280AI
02-10-2018, 05:20 PM
This going to fuel more Compass merger rumors with Republic?

chrisreedrules
02-10-2018, 07:23 PM

Republic...

Geardownflaps30
02-11-2018, 06:30 AM
I agree. Houston.

ORD170
02-11-2018, 09:03 AM
If Republic opened a IAH base, then Mesa would be toast. United loves money and Republic costs are much more then Mesa. My bet would on west coast bases that Compass has, and a merger with them.

Bedford always releases “propaganda”, and I wouldn’t put much into any company update. I heard Bedford say Republic would get 9E rates about 6 months ago, and that didn’t work out very well. In 2012 he said we would not get turboprops, but six months later we had Q400s.

He wouldn’t be able to discuss a merger anyways.

SilentLurker
02-11-2018, 09:50 AM

Can someone post/copy paste, or PM me letter.

Thanks

sflpilot
02-11-2018, 10:14 AM
I'll just say it now. It's inevitable that prospective new hires will get excited about this. Don't, because a western base will be extremely senior and you won't hold it.

brewpilot
02-11-2018, 11:42 AM

It’s under the Republic Airline sub forum... Right? Haha

Excargodog
02-11-2018, 12:05 PM

Sorry. Picked this up in the “new postings” area and didn’t catch the forum. Mea culpa.

ORD170
02-11-2018, 12:17 PM
I'll just say it now. It's inevitable that prospective new hires will get excited about this. Don't, because a western base will be extremely senior and you won't hold it.

This is good info! Any base west of ORD will go very senior. I flew with many FOs from west of the Mississippi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TJBrass
02-11-2018, 12:25 PM
Westward Base in BBs world means Allentown, PA

Out West
02-11-2018, 12:31 PM

It wasn’t when he asked. It was just floating in the “regional” forum and was moved.

brewpilot
02-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Sorry. Picked this up in the “new postings” area and didn’t catch the forum. Mea culpa.

Just busting your chops my friend. :)

Out West
02-11-2018, 01:40 PM
Just busting your chops my friend. :)

That’s very un-APC. You should continue to throwing flaming spears in his direction until he responds and this thread is sufficiently derailed.

:D

fgross90
02-11-2018, 01:49 PM
Good, maybe then it won't take 15 years to hold ORD as a captain.

SpeedyVagabond
02-11-2018, 01:56 PM
Houston is not the west.

Palarran
02-11-2018, 04:59 PM
Unfortunately for Republic, it is.

SilentLurker
02-11-2018, 05:48 PM
Houston is not the west.

Made me chuckle reading all the interesting rumors. Base rumors in the West, M&A potentials and rumors, then full blown unsubstantiated speculation that its likely Houston.

We can’t make this stuff up.

knewyork
02-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Made me chuckle reading all the interesting rumors. Base rumors in the West, M&A potentials and rumors, then full blown unsubstantiated speculation that its likely Houston.

Is it really that ridiculous? “We can’t make this stuff up”? It’s not like we’re saying Republic is buying spacex and starting service to mars. It’s likely we’ll have a new base soon. It could definitely be Houston. Mergers will happen in the future. What will you say when they do?

ORD170
02-11-2018, 10:05 PM
A merger or acquisition is not a good thing. Depending on where you are on the seniority list it could be a very bad thing. Don’t remember when the company party is, but my bets are on a big announcement at the party. BB always loved doing that ****!

SpeedyVagabond
02-12-2018, 07:13 AM

Yep. The western base should be a real deal though. Bedford did write that we can expect one in the second quarter of the year. As a true West Coaster I really hope it's DEN or something closer to the Pacific. If it's IAH I won't bid it. IAH saves me nothing on the commute and as a hippy liberal I think we should build a wall. Around Texas would be a good place to start.

TJBrass
02-12-2018, 08:28 AM
I believe BBs wording was a "westward-leaning" base. That could mean anything in Bedford-speak.

Lostboys97
02-12-2018, 01:41 PM
It won’t be Houston.

Rahlifer
02-12-2018, 02:42 PM
A merger or acquisition is not a good thing. Depending on where you are on the seniority list it could be a very bad thing. Don’t remember when the company party is, but my bets are on a big announcement at the party. BB always loved doing that ****!

Has there ever been an actual “big announcement” at any company party over the years despite the same recurring rumor every year? 😄

knewyork
02-12-2018, 04:25 PM
It won’t be Houston.

Why? Just wondering.

Lostboys97
02-13-2018, 03:35 AM
Why? Just wondering.

The letter you’ve referred to also mentions the need to have RON maintence. Houston won’t provide that. No hangar space.

Beechking90
02-13-2018, 05:08 AM
The letter you’ve referred to also mentions the need to have RON maintence. Houston won’t provide that. No hangar space.Only a rumor here at IAH. Taking over MESA's hanger. The only other rumored possible maintenance base around the company was MEM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

4V14T0R
02-13-2018, 05:26 AM
The letter you’ve referred to also mentions the need to have RON maintence. Houston won’t provide that. No hangar space.

Actually it mentions line maintenance. We have that in every hub (that is also a base) except maybe MIA. I haven’t been down there in awhile but last I saw it was contract MX. So IAH will provide that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ORD170
02-13-2018, 07:24 AM
All bases should have line MX capability. Since he didn’t say maintenance base, probably save to say it will not be s outstation.

Be sure and go to the celebration with the dear leader, because I’m sure he will have many insights. I hear they’re increasing the quarterly bonus, so I guess that’s good news.

Lostboys97
02-13-2018, 07:50 AM
Actually it mentions line maintenance. We have that in every hub (that is also a base) except maybe MIA. I haven’t been down there in awhile but last I saw it was contract MX. So IAH will provide that.

True. If you do open a “westward” base though, think logically about where the nearest base is with a hangar for Mx. Therefore I believe it won’t be crew base and line Mx without hangar space. And unless Mesa is going bye bye with United, I doubt they’re giving up the IAH hangar.

TJBrass
02-13-2018, 09:00 AM
Mokulele v2.0

4V14T0R
02-13-2018, 09:44 AM
True. If you do open a “westward” base though, think logically about where the nearest base is with a hangar for Mx. Therefore I believe it won’t be crew base and line Mx without hangar space. And unless Mesa is going bye bye with United, I doubt they’re giving up the IAH hangar.

That’s also not much of a stretch since we fly IAH-CMH and IAH-IND already. Our entire model is built around that.

Labigmike
02-14-2018, 09:54 AM
Any rumor on who the new planes will be flown for?

stringandrudder
02-14-2018, 10:54 AM

Alaska,
you heard it here first!!!!!!!! /s

KCaviator
02-14-2018, 11:46 AM

My guess is they’d come from Mesa and be flown for United.

knewyork
02-14-2018, 06:28 PM

That’s kind of my guess too and fits with the Houston base rumor I heard from a very credible source.

Rahlifer
02-15-2018, 05:43 AM
I just looked it up and IAH is 0.6 degrees further west than MCI which is our westernmost outpost. I’m gonna call this western expansion as “plausible”. 😃

Bonanzer
02-15-2018, 07:20 AM

I hope so. Deadheading on mesa is scary and frequently infuriating with cancellations/delays. I have been told that United is the most resistant to ending the race to the bottom.

knewyork
02-15-2018, 09:06 AM
Someone just posted a pic of IAH listed in our flica bases.

TurbineTime
02-15-2018, 09:10 AM
Someone just posted a pic of IAH listed in our flica bases.

For the July vacancy bid, which would line up with Bedfords timeline of opening a new base. A word of caution, this has happened before where DEN has shown up on flica and everyone has gotten all excited about it, ended up being an error. We shall see.

knewyork
02-15-2018, 09:31 AM
For the July vacancy bid, which would line up with Bedfords timeline of opening a new base. A word of caution, this has happened before where DEN has shown up on flica and everyone has gotten all excited about it, ended up being an error. We shall see.

True, I remember that. I’m feeling good about it this time. Not that I’ll bid it but it means perhaps some father west flying and it’ll loosen up some bases and make our htown locals happy.

TheWeatherman
02-15-2018, 09:33 AM
If this "westward" base is Houston that would be a big disappointment.

SpeedyVagabond
02-15-2018, 10:02 AM
If this "westward" base is Houston that would be a big disappointment.

Agreed. I’m a true West Coaster. If you want an even bigger kick in the nuts, research where UA flies out of IAH. Not even any decent mountain or coastal flying it would seem. Same lame flyover destinations. Oh well, everyone’s hiring. Makes a decision easy for an on the fencer.

Tpinks
02-15-2018, 10:33 AM
Agreed. I’m a true West Coaster. If you want an even bigger kick in the nuts, research where UA flies out of IAH. Not even any decent mountain or coastal flying it would seem. Same lame flyover destinations. Oh well, everyone’s hiring. Makes a decision easy for an on the fencer.

It seems some of the cities are seasonal. I did IAH-BOI in December.

Now granted that's not west coast, I would not mind flying into more of the Rocky Mountain states. East coast is starting to get boring...

Goose Lives
02-21-2018, 12:46 PM
I can confirm mesa has a MTX base in IAH just off of 33R. Also looks like recruitment events in the Dallas and IAH area are ramping up.

Talked to a Mesa buddy at IAH too, the only way they've been able to partly solve their short staffing is 300% pay and they are still short.

TurbineTime
02-23-2018, 09:01 AM
Looks like IAH is official. Opening July 1st to support United and Delta. Congrats to all those who no longer will have to commute.

TransWorld
02-23-2018, 02:29 PM
Looks like IAH is official. Opening July 1st to support United and Delta.

Will that give competition to Mesa for new pilots wanted to live in Houston?

bnkangle
02-23-2018, 02:55 PM

Do bears sh1t in the woods?

chrisreedrules
02-23-2018, 04:49 PM

Mesa is in trouble...

itsmytime
02-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Mesa is in trouble...

People have been saying that for 10 years.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1