Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Should I call Maurice Gallagher?

Lugar
02-11-2018, 03:39 PM
Iím trying to make the transition from corporate to airline. I know that without airline experience my resume may not stand out. I also know that after five minutes of selling myself, anyone on the hiring committee would be interested in learning more about me.

Allegiant is still a small company. If I called headquarters and spoke to Maurice Gallagher himself, do those that know him seeing him taking that positively or negatively? I want to be creative as to how I get attention and get the call for an interview. I have learned being in corporate aviation, sometimes you have to think outside the box.

NoCheesePlates
02-11-2018, 03:45 PM
Iím trying to make the transition from corporate to airline. I know that without airline experience my resume may not stand out. I also know that after five minutes of selling myself, anyone on the hiring committee would be interested in learning more about me.

Allegiant is still a small company. If I called headquarters and spoke to Maurice Gallagher himself, do those that know him seeing him taking that positively or negatively? I want to be creative as to how I get attention and get the call for an interview. I have learned being in corporate aviation, sometimes you have to think outside the box.

Yeah man! Be sure to report back after you call.

NickAdams
02-11-2018, 04:06 PM
Thatís what I did. I think it put me over the top and separated me from the rest. All the best.

Lugar
02-11-2018, 04:18 PM
Thatís what I did. I think it put me over the top and separated me from the rest. All the best.

Thank you for the information. How did your conversation go? Did he ask you any interview type of questions or was it sort of a ďget to know you, and thanks for the callĒ sort of conversation?

Captainbfv
02-11-2018, 04:51 PM

This has to be a troll question. Bc no grownass man with enough experience would think that calling the President of the company would get him a job. Unless you become his personal valet and/or personal assistant.
Maury doesnít hire. There are people that are put in these positions for this.

But please call him and record the convo. Canít wait [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biigD
02-11-2018, 04:54 PM
Read his Kalitta thread. The guy is nothing more than a troll.

hyde
02-11-2018, 05:41 PM
As the "lead (chief pilot)" of a single airplane operation I don't see how Maury wouldn't eat you up. With that on your resume I'd call for sure

Lugar
02-11-2018, 05:53 PM
As the "lead (chief pilot)" of a single airplane operation I don't see how Maury wouldn't eat you up. With that on your resume I'd call for sure

I just found out Maurice owns two airplanes of his own. Does Maurice go by Maury socially?

NoCheesePlates
02-11-2018, 06:49 PM
I just found out Maurice owns two airplanes of his own. Does Maurice go by Maury socially?

I call him "M Dawg", I find he likes nicknames as it shows he's one of the boyzzz. His Grinder name is "MBone99" if you ever see him while swiping.

JustWatching
02-11-2018, 06:58 PM
All trolling and kidding aside.... Cold calling may work in the corporate or 91 world; it does not work at the 121 level. If you want to work here, you need to apply and wait for your call. Once (if) you get the call, you can sell yourself during the panel interview.

Lugar
02-11-2018, 07:04 PM
All trolling and kidding aside.... Cold calling may work in the corporate or 91 world; it does not work at the 121 level. If you want to work here, you need to apply and wait for your call. Once (if) you get the call, you can sell yourself during the panel interview.

I appreciate the information. I was told cold calling might work at the smaller airlines, but not the larger ones.

How long after putting in my application is, in general, the expected waiting timeframe to hear back? Itís been two weeks and I havenít heard a word from anywhere that I applied. Bad sign?

LoFly
02-11-2018, 07:32 PM
I appreciate the information. I was told cold calling might work at the smaller airlines, but not the larger ones.

How long after putting in my application is, in general, the expected waiting timeframe to hear back? Itís been two weeks and I havenít heard a word from anywhere that I applied. Bad sign?

yes and no... most of us got a call back within a couple of hours but that was before the company put the big 330neo order with airbus (15 frames with an option for 35 more). If you don't get the call by tomorrow night chances are they are waiting until they get the first one delivered and hire you as a direct entry captain on it.

CAirBear
02-11-2018, 07:35 PM

Currently we are not hiring. We are transitioning to an all Airbus fleet. Things are very busy in the training department right now and interviews and hiring are, unfortunately, on hold.

With that said, I think in the next 3-4 months (once Vegas is finished transitioning) the ball will slowly get rolling again with interviews. If you donít hear anything once we start interviewing again, reapply with a different email address. I would guess during this lull in hiring, that you and others apps could be purged by our wonderful IT department...

Lugar
02-11-2018, 07:36 PM
yes and no... most of us got a call back within a couple of hours but that was before the company put the big 330neo order with airbus (15 frames with an option for 35 more). If you don't get the call by tomorrow night chances are they are waiting until they get the first one delivered and hire you as a direct entry captain on it.

I was unaware that allegiant had A330neo orders. Doesnít really seem like their type of plane for the routes they fly. Are they planning to go international?

CAirBear
02-11-2018, 07:37 PM
I call him "M Dawg", I find he likes nicknames as it shows he's one of the boyzzz. His Grinder name is "MBone99" if you ever see him while swiping.

This is absolute gold. LMFAO! Bravo sir. Bravo. 😂😂😂

ecam
02-11-2018, 07:38 PM
This guy is 39 years old and has $350,000 in his 401k!!!

Yeah, call Maury. Be sure to mention you're buddies with Connie and Ned. That should seal the deal. Hey, maybe you can play them against each other and get $200/HR to start. Maury likes guys with a set of balls, and you've got some brass ones. Probably rocks in your head too.

Worst trolling I've ever seen. At least make it somewhat believable. 32 posts of pure garbage and 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

ecam
02-11-2018, 07:41 PM

Now THIS is some good stuff!

Riverside
02-12-2018, 06:09 AM
Iím not here to make anyone eat crow. Iím here to get a job done. My sights are on Kalitta. Iím absolutely a type a go getter. Not sure that folks are jealous over what Iíve accomplished, but Iím certain that it takes smarts to figure out a non-traditional way to get your resume to the top of the pile.

I thought your sights were on Kalitta.....

Lugar
02-12-2018, 06:22 AM
I thought your sights were on Kalitta.....

They are. But I havenít received a call back yet, and I canít let the grass grow between my toes waiting.

JustWatching
02-12-2018, 06:26 AM
They are. But I havenít received a call back yet, and I canít let the grass grow between my toes waiting.

If Kalitta wonít call you back, youíre never getting the call here. In a cost savings measure, we share a virtual HR department with them, ATI, and Silver.

dawgdriver
02-12-2018, 07:26 AM

This post made troll-management bearable and amusing. Thanks man.

Lugar
02-12-2018, 08:04 AM
Allegiant HR sent me an email this morning asking for more information on a few sections of my application. Hopefully the next step after replying is an interview.

TBucs
02-12-2018, 08:22 AM
Allegiant HR sent me an email this morning asking for more information on a few sections of my application. Hopefully the next step after replying is an interview.

If I wanted a Joke I would follow you to the Jon and watch you take a leak.

Riverside
02-12-2018, 09:19 AM

Why didn't you include these items first time around?

Lugar
02-12-2018, 09:36 AM
Why didn't you include these items first time around?

Because they were not asked.

How many years I was a check airman?

Total years of 135 experience and last 135 proficiency check date?

ADS-B equipage subject matter expert designee questions.

labbats
02-12-2018, 10:08 AM
Can we change the box under Lugarís name from Thread Starter to Sh** Starter?

NoCheesePlates
02-12-2018, 01:38 PM
This is absolute gold. LMFAO! Bravo sir. Bravo. 😂😂😂

And to you sir!

NoCheesePlates
02-12-2018, 01:38 PM
This post made troll-management bearable and amusing. Thanks man.

Trolling the trolls is my deal.

Riverside
02-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Because they were not asked.

How many years I was a check airman?

Total years of 135 experience and last 135 proficiency check date?

ADS-B equipage subject matter expert designee questions.

Iím strictly from a Part 91 background.

You're so talented.

LoFly
02-12-2018, 06:18 PM
ahaha FAAAAIL!

sqwkvfr
02-13-2018, 07:39 PM
minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Exactly what I feel like every time I read one of your posts.

ecam
02-14-2018, 05:32 AM
Exactly what I feel like every time I read one of your posts.

But you cared enough to respond? Ha.

Get off the internet and get back to work. Still waiting on that FCOM update.