Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : 2-14-18 Interviews

JAH0908
02-12-2018, 11:26 AM
so who's going to be there?

Xtreme87
02-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Hopefully, nobody.

JAH0908
02-12-2018, 11:36 AM
Hopefully, nobody.

lol oh come on...

atrdriver
02-12-2018, 11:57 AM
Hopefully, nobody.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/f/f2/What_he_said.jpg

ALPA should have a website targeted at prospective applicants like Republic (i think?) had years back. Maybe park the mobile billboard outside OSC entrance on interview day.

Anyhow, hope the interview practice serves you people well for your interview at a well paying airline. Remember, there's no shame in being stuck at a regional. We've all been there. There IS shame in being a dumpster diving pilot at a 30% discount.

cf105
02-12-2018, 12:18 PM

ALPA should have a website targeted at prospective applicants like Republic (i think?) had years back. Maybe park the mobile billboard outside OSC entrance on interview day.

Anyhow, hope the interview practice serves you people well for your interview at a well paying airline. Remember, there's no shame in being stuck at a regional. We've all been there. There IS shame in being a dumpster diving pilot at a 30% discount.

It is delusional to truly think that Regional pilots will stay at their crappy regional instead of joining an airline like jetblue. As long as work rules are better (and they are overall much better) and as long as pay is better (it is), regional pilots will come. Happily.

The website the minority who lost the vote at Republic had, as well as their fear mongering social media campaign, obviously failed. Failed again with the last LOA.

Same here, you will not succeed in scaring Regional/135/military pilots away as long as it is better than what others have it.

Xtreme87
02-12-2018, 12:31 PM
It is delusional to truly think that Regional pilots will stay at their crappy regional instead of joining an airline like jetblue. As long as work rules are better (and they are overall much better) and as long as pay is better (it is), regional pilots will come. Happily.

The website the minority who lost the vote at Republic had, as well as their fear mongering social media campaign, obviously failed. Failed again with the last LOA.

Same here, you will not succeed in scaring Regional/135/military pilots away as long as it is better than what others have it.

Obviously itís not going to scare somebody away who has already made up their mind and canít wait to ditch their regional, but for people on the fence, it sure as hell can. There are a lot of them.

The work rules here are worse than a lot of regionals btw. The only thing that is better is the pay scale and an easier schedule than regionals.

JAH0908
02-12-2018, 12:33 PM
it should be obvious that anyone looking to get on with Jetblue right now knowing whats going on with negotiations it trying to improve their current situation and Jetblue is better than where they are right now...

cf105
02-12-2018, 12:40 PM
The work rules here are worse than a lot of regionals btw. The only thing that is better is the pay scale and an easier schedule than regionals.

Better pay scale and easier schedule. OK.

Could you list the work rules that are worse than "a lot of the regionals"?

aldonite7667
02-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Hopefully our new ALPA ride will be trolling Barger Blvd.

slimothy
02-12-2018, 02:26 PM

Reserve rules suck. At XJT you knew your RAP for the whole month, at JB they tell you at noon the day prior (on the rare occaission it isnít late). And I donít mean at noon the day before you start your 4 day they give you your start times for the whole 4 day. They dole out start times 1 day at a time. Makes planning your commute real fun.

Also, red eyes are the joy of my existence. 2-4 per month. I heard they had some show up in the 190 bid package for March too. Whatís not to love?

pilotpayne
02-12-2018, 02:34 PM

Guys there are plenty of threads with info on here about jetblue.
Could you guys just let these guys be. I know you are doing them a favor and if you knew what you are telling them you wouldnít have come and so on but this is about interviews. Just let them have a thread. Also to be honest Iím sure plenty of people donít listen to me but if you think the same canít be said for your never ending jetblue hate (truth as you will call it)well you are crazy. At some point people just tune out from all of this. Just like politics.
Flame away.

To those of you interviewing good luck relax and just be yourself.

pilotpayne
02-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Reserve rules suck. At XJT you knew your RAP for the whole month, at JB they tell you at noon the day prior (on the rare occaission it isnít late). And I donít mean at noon the day before you start your 4 day they give you your start times for the whole 4 day. They dole out start times 1 day at a time. Makes planning your commute real fun.

Also, red eyes are the joy of my existence. 2-4 per month. I heard they had some show up in the 190 bid package for March too. Whatís not to love?

Austin South by Southwest

Hey maybe we will luck out and XJT will buy us.:)

atrdriver
02-12-2018, 02:38 PM

I donít think anyone said ďa lot of the regionals.Ē There are plenty of people at JB from bottom feeder regionals who donít know what good work rules look like and are content with the sh!t we have here. But there are regionals out there with FAR better work rules including min day credit, vacation allocation/distribution/value, RAP assignments, LCR with limits on SCR conversions, the list goes on.

Just because JB is ďbetter than where you came fromĒ doesnít make it ok to have crappy work rules. We have all paid our dues and itís time to be treated like professionals.

Bluedriver
02-12-2018, 02:41 PM

Wrong. I have seen it first hand. The interest in a job at JB has plummeted among people I know since I started here. I used to get asked for help constantly by others. Now? I cannot even remember the last time I was asked for help. A couple years at least. I have literally seen the decline in interest first hand.

slimothy
02-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Austin South by Southwest

Hey maybe we will luck out and XJT will buy us.:)

Iím not claiming that XJT was a better place to work. I was answering a specific question about a work rule and thatís what came to mind. Planning commutes was easier at XJT. Paying my mortgage was not.

Bluedriver
02-12-2018, 02:43 PM
Guys there are plenty of threads with info on here about jetblue.
Could you guys just let these guys be. I know you are doing them a favor and if you knew what you are telling them you wouldnít have come and so on but this is about interviews. Just let them have a thread. Also to be honest Iím sure plenty of people donít listen to me but if you think the same canít be said for your never ending jetblue hate (truth as you will call it)well you are crazy. At some point people just tune out from all of this. Just like politics.
Flame away.

To those of you interviewing good luck relax and just be yourself.

Sure. Right after we get a market rate CBA.

atrdriver
02-12-2018, 02:45 PM
Iím not claiming that XJT was a better place to work. I was answering a specific question about a work rule and thatís what came to mind. Planning commutes was easier at XJT. Paying my mortgage was not.

Certain people regularly deride those of us who point out that XJT or ASA had better work rules and QOL items by saying we should go back there or ďhopefully they buy us.Ē Itís juicer BS. The POINT isnít that XJT or ASA were SO GREAT...... the POINT is JB shouldnít be behind a regional in those aspects. Itís all deflection and projection. And itís pathetic.

pilotpayne
02-12-2018, 03:25 PM
Certain people regularly deride those of us who point out that XJT or ASA had better work rules and QOL items by saying we should go back there or ďhopefully they buy us.Ē Itís juicer BS. The POINT isnít that XJT or ASA were SO GREAT...... the POINT is JB shouldnít be behind a regional in those aspects. Itís all deflection and projection. And itís pathetic.

Expressjet or ASA do you think you are the only people that had a good contract? AWAC had a great contract with trip touching and awesome medical. Some things are better here some not. In total I am way better off here than I was there. I bet you can find stuff in your contract at expressjet that could beat Delta. I know we could back at AWAC you could turn the one week of vacation into an entire month off through trip touching. Canít do that at jetblue and I bet there are very few majors except Spirit that could do that.
I will grant you the time you are assigned for reserve is annoying but once you get that trip they are very limited in what they can do to you without really paying you a bunch of money.
And as far as deriding people go buy a mirror.

pilotpayne
02-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Sure. Right after we get a market rate CBA.

Yes yes your plan is working. So many people listen to you.
Anyway fine infect another thread I just find it a little low class.
Guys are just talking about an interview.

Again good luck guys in the interview.

JAH0908
02-12-2018, 03:31 PM
welp... that escalated quickly...

I understand, there are a bunch of people out there who forgot what it was like being on this side of the fence(looking for a better opportunity ) which is how you ended up at JB. If its so bad now why are you still there?? thats what i don't understand... a lot of ****ed off guys that wish they went to another airline, well why are you still at JB? oh thats right, because none of the legacy airlines are calling... or i could be wrong, maybe they all want you and you cant decide so you're just gonna stick around JB a little longer so you can complain a little more. HAHA :rolleyes:

on a more serious note, i get it we all want better pay, QOL, etc. and for some/many JB is way better than their current job so don't be so negative towards guys seeking advice. thats what this Forum is for, NOT for B*****ng

at the end of the day we all go to the one that opens the door for you, or the one that will eventually offer the best QOL based on domicile,pay, etc and its not always about the money.

so can we get back to the original question???

pilotpayne
02-12-2018, 04:27 PM

Iím sorry man I missed that other guys post (and no itís not because of my zeal to defend Blue) I apologize I see you were just answering his question.
My bad.
Unfortunately I am very aware of or reserve issues but I did that to myself.
Payne

Bluedriver
02-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Yes yes your plan is working. So many people listen to you.
Anyway fine infect another thread I just find it a little low class.
Guys are just talking about an interview.

Again good luck guys in the interview.

I believe I only said guys are no longer asking me for help getting hired here. I used to get asked all the time. You telling me people are asking you for help as much now as they did 4-5 years ago?

HighFlight
02-12-2018, 04:50 PM
The next logical question, after interview dates is... which airframe? Is 190 RSV in BOS still better than bus RSV in JFK?

Kilroy
02-12-2018, 04:53 PM
so who's going to be there?

You already got a face-to-face in by? How long after the video interview did they get in touch with you and when did you do the video interview

nuball5
02-12-2018, 04:56 PM
The next logical question, after interview dates is... which airframe? Is 190 RSV in BOS still better than bus RSV in JFK?

I think the experience between bases on reserve are pretty similar now. Been on the 190 for about 18 months and counting down the days until I can move to the Airbus. I would gladly fly a redeye over some of the 190 trips that are being built.

JAH0908
02-12-2018, 05:03 PM
You already got a face-to-face in by? How long after the video interview did they get in touch with you and when did you do the video interview

face to face on wed. did the interview around dec 20th, heard back beginning of Jan. so about a week and half from video interview to FTF invite.

pilotpayne
02-12-2018, 05:28 PM
I believe I only said guys are no longer asking me for help getting hired here. I used to get asked all the time. You telling me people are asking you for help as much now as they did 4-5 years ago?

Man I donít have any friends nobody asks me nothing, I like it that way :)

Also as you know the hiring environment changed. The ďugly girlĒ isnít the only one at the dance so itís not a perfect comparison.

Bluedriver
02-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Man I donít have any friends nobody asks me nothing, I like it that way :)

Also as you know the hiring environment changed. The ďugly girlĒ isnít the only one at the dance so itís not a perfect comparison.

All that is true, but we both know we have also fallen much further behind our peers in recent years and growth has slowed. And we're the fat ugly girl at the dance. And ATC. And hurricane. And IROP pants. And ATC. And deferrals. And ATC.

CaptCoolHand
02-13-2018, 04:14 AM
We should embrace these guys here now that are trying to get on that actually have some experience.

Wait a year and see what starts coming down the pipe.

Aside from the "former eagle capt" who couldnt identify frost on the wings... I've flown with some outstanding aviators. Mark my words, it's gonna get worse.

cablepilot
02-13-2018, 06:26 AM
I got the call as well, took the red eye in this morning, interviewing tomorrow.

PasserOGas
02-13-2018, 09:49 AM
Memorize the values. They will ask you about them. Then forget them because they are a huge lie.

Be ready to strike when the time comes, and it will.

Welcome aboard.

Icaruss
02-14-2018, 12:36 PM
Good luck to those who interviewed today.

JAH0908
02-14-2018, 07:32 PM
Good luck to those who interviewed today.

what HE said! everyone i met today was awesome.

Taylor0708
02-15-2018, 12:01 PM
what HE said! everyone i met today was awesome.

Yep it was a great day and nice to meet you guys too!

Scooter1414
02-15-2018, 12:35 PM
So, for all of you that interviewed yesterday, were you part of the application window that closed on Oct 31st?

cablepilot
02-15-2018, 05:06 PM
Now for the hardest part of the interview... the waiting. Best of luck to everyone who was there. A lot of great people :)

I sent in my app in the end of October if youíre curious.

hilltopflyer
02-16-2018, 02:48 AM
Now for the hardest part of the interview... the waiting. Best of luck to everyone who was there. A lot of great people :)

I sent in my app in the end of October if youíre curious.

Name of the game at blowjet. You will wait and wait and wait.

Icaruss
02-21-2018, 07:02 AM
Any notifications yet coming out?

pilotpayne
02-21-2018, 07:53 AM

Itís as soon be as bluedriver can get the emails out. He has been a little busy this morning:)

Bluedriver
02-21-2018, 07:57 AM
Itís as soon be as bluedriver can get the emails out. He has been a little busy this morning:)

Helping JB staff the airline while in a clear labor dispute is definitely on my short to-do list today. Guys stay near your phones.

Joe, did you complete the Comparably survey?

pilotpayne
02-21-2018, 09:21 AM
Helping JB staff the airline while in a clear labor dispute is definitely on my short to-do list today. Guys stay near your phones.

Joe, did you complete the Comparably survey?

You know I did.
Do I think it will do anything no. To the outside world that looks like a bunch of pilots that are mad. Do we have valid points you bet BUT itís like doing a political survey at CPAC or an Antifa rally the results are hardly shocking.

I donít know bluedriver I still just get the sense that your info war is a little wrong you hold yourself up as the moral authority doing all of these pilots a favor while you have no intention on leaving. Yeah you can say you are doing it for us since this ďshouldĒ put pressure on the company and you are saving future applicants from the pit of dispare but one day you will have to pivot. What if we got that CBA and we actually have a plan and are hiring like they did when you and I joined. Now will you say come here. I know and will concede I canít argue with many of your points and there are guys (so they say) wouldnít have come here if they knew the truth(ATR and Passer come to mind so you can save your typing)
But this whole thing strikes me as disingenuous.
And I donít even know why I typed that all up because it will fall on deaf ears.

Anyway this CBA canít get here soon enough but even when it does Iím not convinced the wounds will ever be healed. I never wanted to be at an airline that had labor realtions of the AA type but I think thatís where we are now. That to me is the sad part in all of this and the ELT did it.

Final Clear
02-21-2018, 09:27 AM
You know I did.
Do I think it will do anything no. To the outside world that looks like a bunch of pilots that are mad. Do we have valid points you bet BUT itís like doing a political survey at CPAC or an Antifa rally the results are hardly shocking.

I donít know bluedriver I still just get the sense that your info war is a little wrong you hold yourself up as the moral authority doing all of these pilots a favor while you have no intention on leaving. Yeah you can say you are doing it for us since this ďshouldĒ put pressure on the company and you are saving future applicants from the pit of dispare but one day you will have to pivot. What if we got that CBA and we actually have a plan and are hiring like they did when you and I joined. Now will you say come here. I know and will concede I canít argue with many of your points and there are guys (so they say) wouldnít have come here if they knew the truth(ATR and Passer come to mind so you can save your typing)
And I donít even know why I typed that all up because it will fall on deaf ears.

Anyway this CBA canít get here soon enough but even when it does Iím not convinced the wounds will ever be healed. I never wanted to be at an airline that had labor realtions of the AA type but I think thatís where we are now. That to me is the sad part in all of this and the ELT did it.

BOD and itís management ďteamĒ are solely responsible for the ďcultureĒ of the company and the resulting operational failures. They know this and right now they donít care. When it impacts the bottom line they will care.

Hey jetblue...FUPM,

FC

Bluedriver
02-21-2018, 10:21 AM
You know I did.

If, IF, we ever achieve a respectable CBA (I'm not convinced with this management team, look at Spirit's TA), would that not represent a material change?

pilotpayne
02-21-2018, 10:37 AM
If, IF, we ever achieve a respectable CBA (I'm not convinced with this management team, look at Spirit's TA), would that not represent a material change?

Now you donít think we will get a respectable CBA?
I guess thatís news to me.

It would be a large change but I donít see the culture really changing.
I think LSC will still micromanage everything we will just be paid more.

Itís a question that I donít know the answer to. We still will have a mostly east coast presence with a young pilot group and no widebodys.

I guess Iím not convinced at top rate CBA will fix the attitude around here now. But it would cause movement and we would be paid a lot more but the structural issues of how the company is run day to day that leads to a lot of frustration will still remain.

So my answer is I donít know.

Xtreme87
02-21-2018, 10:46 AM

Itís a question that I donít know the answer to. We still will have a mostly east coast presence with a young pilot group and no widebodys.

I guess Iím not convinced at top rate CBA will fix the attitude around here now. But it would cause movement and we would be paid a lot more but the structural issues of how the company is run day to day that leads to a lot of frustration will still remain.

Frustration? Naw. As long as I get paid well with decent work rules and they give me a safe and somewhat reliable airplane to operate, I could care less. If people keep showing up to pay my salary, I could care less. Just show up, do your job safely, and go home. Nothing frustrating about this job unless you let it get to you. Running around doing other peopleís jobs? Thatís when it gets frustrating. Trying to do juggling acts in front of the passengers? Not me.

PasserOGas
02-21-2018, 10:50 AM
Back on topic, congrats to any new hires! You will be the second lowest paid A320 pilots in the country! It beats Frontier!

Bluedriver
02-21-2018, 11:13 AM

Well when you say it like that, I have to completely agree with you.

Bluedriver
02-21-2018, 11:14 AM
Back on topic, congrats to any new hires! You will be the second lowest paid A320 pilots in the country! It beats Frontier!

Yep, welcome to the full JetBlue experience!

Bluedriver
02-21-2018, 11:16 AM
And... As another very smart dude just said, JB management completely owns and is entirely responsible for the nature of our corporate culture. They set the corporate priorities and get exactly the "culture" they want (invest in).

Period.

Xtreme87
02-21-2018, 11:38 AM
And... As another very smart dude just said, JB management completely owns and is entirely responsible for the nature of our corporate culture. They set the corporate priorities and get exactly the "culture" they want (invest in).

Period.

Garbage in, garbage out.

pilotpayne
02-21-2018, 04:59 PM

Period.

Thatís a bingo
But they will never admit that THEY threw it away.

Bluedriver
02-21-2018, 07:29 PM
Thatís a bingo
But they will never admit that THEY threw it away.

That's also a bingo...

goinaround
02-21-2018, 07:37 PM

TBNT emails have been sent.

cf105
02-22-2018, 04:28 AM
Southwest is hiring about 950/year, Spirit wants to have 60 new hires/month, how many is JetBlue hiring per year?

pilotpayne
02-22-2018, 04:33 AM
Southwest is hiring about 950/year, Spirit wants to have 60 new hires/month, how many is JetBlue hiring per year?

about 300 ish I think.

Bluedriver
02-22-2018, 04:33 AM

About 15-20 per month. 150-175 or so a year net. We are the cat's banana for sure. Best in breed!

Bluedriver
02-22-2018, 04:35 AM
about 300 ish I think.

I think that is far from true. We have been netting about 150-175 a year for a while, and I've heard nothing to indicate that has changed.

Kilroy
02-22-2018, 06:05 AM
If you are in phase 2, would one say you pretty much got the job. Itís just the background stuff that needs completing or could you still get the TBNT even if your background is great.

HighFlight
02-22-2018, 07:15 AM
2016 - 248
2017 - 263
2018 - 265 planned

pilotpayne
02-22-2018, 07:43 AM
2016 - 248
2017 - 263
2018 - 265 planned

And bluedriver says?

Bluedriver
02-22-2018, 07:50 AM
And bluedriver says?

What has been the NET change to the total seniority list? It's under 200 per year net since I've been here on average.

agoodpilot
02-22-2018, 09:06 AM
How does the contact process work? They are currently emailing people thanks but no thank you rejections ? How do they let you know you made it to phase two? Thx

pilotpayne
02-22-2018, 10:29 AM
What has been the NET change to the total seniority list? It's under 200 per year net since I've been here on average.

No he asked how many we were hiring, this year.

Bluedriver
02-22-2018, 10:44 AM
No he asked how many we were hiring, this year.

Well, we basically always fall short of the advertised hiring number anyways. For example, we had been saying we were going to hire 300 the last couple years. As you can see from the other guys numbers, we didn't. So I take the 265 protection with a grain of salt.

Next, we have only been netting sub 200 per year to the list on average. You know the attrition has all been in the 1-3 year range. So after the 3 years, the ONLY number that matters is the net number. Most guys get hired here with a 25-35 year career ahead of them, so for 95-98% of your career who cares if we hire 250 when the list is only going to grow by 180 anyway?

But sure, if it makes you feel better I gave the relevant number but not the shiny glossy flashy sales pitch number.

I will also point out that you overshot and exaggerated even the shiny glossy flashy sales pitch number. So, maybe you shouldn't be so critical?

Either way, take a poll on here on who wants to admit JB hasn't been a big disappointment to them during their time here??? We'll put you, Southerner, LOWpayman and Hyper down as a no. How about the rest? I'm willing to bet that poll would be near 100%.

Keep selling!

Bozo the pilot
02-22-2018, 10:55 AM
Well, we basically always fall short of the advertised hiring number anyways. For example, we had been saying we were going to hire 300 the last couple years. As you can see from the other guys numbers, we didn't. So I take the 265 protection with a grain of salt.

Next, we have only been netting sub 200 per year to the list on average. You know the attrition has all been in the 1-3 year range. So after the 3 years, the ONLY number that matters is the net number. Most guys get hired here with a 25-35 year career ahead of them, so for 95-98% of your career who cares if we hire 250 when the list is only going to grow by 180 anyway?

But sure, if it makes you feel better I gave the relevant number but not the shiny glossy flashy sales pitch number.

I will also point out that you overshot and exaggerated even the shiny glossy flashy sales pitch number. So, maybe you shouldn't be so critical?

Either way, take a poll on here on who wants to admit JB hasn't been a big disappointment to them during their time here??? We'll put you, Southerner, LOWpayman and Hyper down as a no. How about the rest? I'm willing to bet that poll would be near 100%.

Keep selling!

Everyone is frustrated- even the juicers.

rvr1800
02-22-2018, 11:22 AM
If you are in phase 2, would one say you pretty much got the job. Itís just the background stuff that needs completing or could you still get the TBNT even if your background is great.

No I wouldnít say that. Most guys get past phase 2 but some donít and are given no explanation. Definitely do not burn any bridges or quit your current job.

IH8ROADS
02-22-2018, 11:43 AM
No I wouldnít say that. Most guys get past phase 2 but some donít and are given no explanation. Definitely do not burn any bridges or quit your current job.

I agree with this. You have the job at this point, until you donít. There ďisĒ a reason you get turned down in phase 2. They wonít send a TBNT email because they filled their quota. It could be as simple as comparing that one training failure to your score on the computer test.

pilotpayne
02-22-2018, 11:45 AM

Keep selling!

Dude donít push me.
I said I THINK 300ish. Thatís hardly a sales pitch.

hyperboy
02-22-2018, 11:47 AM

No airline ever gives an explanation......

hyperboy
02-22-2018, 11:48 AM

Keep selling!

The reason the numbers are lower is attrition is lower....Simple math.

pilotpayne
02-22-2018, 11:55 AM
I agree with this. You have the job at this point, until you donít. There ďisĒ a reason you get turned down in phase 2. They wonít send a TBNT email because they filled their quota. It could be as simple as comparing that one training failure to your score on the computer test.

I didnít get the phase 2 email until I was almost done training.

Bluedriver
02-22-2018, 12:01 PM
The reason the numbers are lower is attrition is lower....Simple math.

Ha, the simple math is the company needs a certain number of NET pilots each year, and that AIN'T the 265 number they are advertising. It's less.

Go listen to the Barclays JB presentation today. They are literally bragging about how they reduced growth more every single year, year after year, since 2014.

It's the NET number that ever matters to 95-98% of us.

Bluedriver
02-22-2018, 12:11 PM
Dude donít push me.
I said I THINK 300ish. Thatís hardly a sales pitch.

Don't push me? What are you the incredible Hulk? I've met you, you are definitely not the incredible Hulk.

You *overshot* even the rosy shiny glossy flashy sales pitch number for the year! And we usually never even hire the *full* rosy shiny glossy flashy sales pitch number! On top of that, that number is pretty much useless to 95-98% of our pilots because we usually only net 75% of the rosy shiny glossy flashy sales pitch number to the list!

Good grief!

rvr1800
02-22-2018, 01:19 PM
I didnít get the phase 2 email until I was almost done training.

I still havenít received one. Almost 5 years later.

rvr1800
02-22-2018, 01:23 PM
No airline ever gives an explanation......

Most airlines tell you within a week or two if the job is yours. None that Iíve ever heard of drag you along for months in the limbo of phase 2 waiting to hear if you actually have the job. Please donít try to defend the way we do that. Itís indefensible.

GuppyPuppy
02-22-2018, 01:23 PM
"I could care less" vs. "I couldn't care less".

Think about it.

I used to use the term incorrectly until someone pointed it out to me and made me think.

Could you really care less? That indicates that you actually care!

Gup

GuppyPuppy
02-22-2018, 02:10 PM
Most airlines tell you within a week or two if the job is yours. None that Iíve ever heard of drag you along for months in the limbo of phase 2 waiting to hear if you actually have the job. Please donít try to defend the way we do that. Itís indefensible.

Agreed that it is too long of a process. Get used to it. That's how this company rolls.

Contrarian indeed.

GP

agoodpilot
02-22-2018, 03:15 PM
I still havenít received one. Almost 5 years later.

So exactly how do they let you know you are moving on to phase 2?
They are currently sending thanks but no thank you emails? Whatís good to get? When are they letting the 2/14 peeps know?

Thank you.

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.....

JAH0908
02-22-2018, 03:32 PM
sooo getting back on track here...

anyone hear back? (good or bad)

WingNutz
02-22-2018, 03:34 PM

Nothing yet...

rvr1800
02-22-2018, 03:36 PM

Sorry guys. Good luck!

pilotpayne
02-22-2018, 03:51 PM
Don't push me? What are you the incredible Hulk? I've met you, you are definitely not the incredible Hulk.

You *overshot* even the rosy shiny glossy flashy sales pitch number for the year! And we usually never even hire the *full* rosy shiny glossy flashy sales pitch number! On top of that, that number is pretty much useless to 95-98% of our pilots because we usually only net 75% of the rosy shiny glossy flashy sales pitch number to the list!

Good grief!

Yes I guess we did meet but you had the advantage of knowing who I was which is pretty easy because I donít hide my name.
Someone asked a question I said 300 ish which is much closer to the numbers than yours. There was no RA RA it was an answer to a question and hardly a definitive one. (Think and ish)

I said donít push me because I know exactly your game with the PMs to prove it.(itís not earth shattering to anyone thatís been paying attention to you) I still think itís sad and I still think you are happy to F over future applicants to further your goals and in doing so you tell yourself you are really helping them. Most people can see through your act.

But please feel free to introduce yourself again in person.
This is certainly not the avenue I wanted to go down with you but you canít help but be a jerk. I donít appreciate the Incredible Hulk comment which seems like yet another insult from you.(shocking)

Thatís all you do is belittle and mock and call people names on here.
Iím a little sick of it. Some how I have a feeling the keyboard gives you bigger balls than you have in real life. There are a few on here that try to give an HONEST opinion and you canít even respect that.
Your idea of a debate is for you to talk and everyone else to listen and agree.

I think the most ironic thing was as much as you make me out to be a juicer and a company man, I volunteered for the union helping pilots I have always worn my lanyard I have been to the rallyís and stood out there in the cold while you were, oh thatís right sacrificing by going to work. There is no way you were not senior enough to hold it off. You are just a lot of talk

So in short go pound sand.

To the new hires I donít think bluedriver has upgraded yet so you are lucky.

Good luck with your interviews 95% of the guys here are great to fly with.

rvr1800
02-22-2018, 04:51 PM

Good grief!

So you’ve met Payne and didn’t introduce yourself and then come on here and post about said meeting and insult him. You show your true colors more and more every day bluedriver. You have been called out a number of times for your vitriol on here and refuse to answer the call. Man up or shut up. If you wanna bring up a meeting with Payne the least you can do is introduce yourself. I post on here under a screen name but there’s some who know who I am and I try to post on here only what I’d tell someone to their face. You obviously don’t abide by that virtue. You are the definition of an internet troll

And again sorry to the interviewees for the thread drift.

hyperboy
02-22-2018, 05:14 PM
Ha, the simple math is the company needs a certain number of NET pilots each year, and that AIN'T the 265 number they are advertising. It's less.

Go listen to the Barclays JB presentation today. They are literally bragging about how they reduced growth more every single year, year after year, since 2014.

It's the NET number that ever matters to 95-98% of us.

It has attrition slotted in it!!!!!

hyperboy
02-22-2018, 05:18 PM

OK sorry in plain english...Explanation had to do with why they did not get hired.

Bluedriver
02-22-2018, 07:41 PM
1. I met Payne 5 YEARS ago. There was no reason to introduce myself at that time.

2. I do NOT trust any Juiceboxes with my identity at this stage of negotiations.

3. Payne, I said that I would no longer discourage people from coming here after we get a good CBA. I would consider that a very significant material change in conditions, thus not hypocritical.

Bluedriver
02-22-2018, 07:50 PM
It has attrition slotted in it!!!!!

Exactly. Advertise hiring 265. Actually hire 250-70 who leave = 180 net which is what the company wants in the first place.

Bluedriver
02-23-2018, 01:32 AM
So youíve met Payne and didnít introduce yourself and then come on here and post about said meeting and insult him. You show your true colors more and more every day bluedriver. You have been called out a number of times for your vitriol on here and refuse to answer the call. Man up or shut up. If you wanna bring up a meeting with Payne the least you can do is introduce yourself. I post on here under a screen name but thereís some who know who I am and I try to post on here only what Iíd tell someone to their face. You obviously donít abide by that virtue. You are the definition of an internet troll

And again sorry to the interviewees for the thread drift.

Um yeah, I met Payne 5 years ago. Take your finger off the trigger.

Taylor0708
02-23-2018, 06:54 AM

Nothing yet!

Bozo the pilot
02-23-2018, 07:00 AM
1. I met Payne 5 YEARS ago. There was no reason to introduce myself at that time.

2. I do NOT trust any Juiceboxes with my identity at this stage of negotiations.

3. Payne, I said that I would no longer discourage people from coming here after we get a good CBA. I would consider that a very significant material change in conditions, thus not hypocritical.

BD, Im with you on many things, but Ive pmd guys, left a number and had decent exchanges with Hyper/Payne/Southerner et al.
There is nothing to fear from it- Your words and perceptions would have more validity and measure if you had some ex parte communication with those of whom you disagree.
Give it some thought man.
I continue to disagree with them, as Im sure they do with me, but there is respect among us and its good to hear a smidge of optimism from coworkers-even after that abhorrent letter form this $hitbox company:D

Bluedriver
02-23-2018, 09:02 AM
BD, Im with you on many things, but Ive pmd guys, left a number and had decent exchanges with Hyper/Payne/Southerner et al.
There is nothing to fear from it- Your words and perceptions would have more validity and measure if you had some ex parte communication with those of whom you disagree.
I continue to disagree with them, as Im sure they do with me, but there is respect among us and its good to hear a smidge of optimism from coworkers-even after that abhorrent letter form this $hitbox company:D

I understand your point, I just don't trust some of these guys with my identity during this contentious time. I honestly feel that I work for The Firm. If you haven't seen it, seek it out. It's a pretty good movie on it's own merits.

Although I feel I have been truthful about how our pay, benefits and working conditions compare to our peers, the company sure wouldn't like those opinions being expressed, and we still have several guys publicly pushing back against negativity. And that's just the ones who post, no idea how many lurkers would gladly give info to The Firm if given the chance.

Payne just threatened to "expose" my private messages yesterday because I was being a "jerk" to him, even though I asked him not to. Those messages essentially say that when we get a respectable CBA I won't continue to discourage guys from choosing JB (makes perfect sense to me), this company has incredible untapped potential (they appear to flat-out refuse to exploit ANY of their potential however) and that I think now that this pilot group is FINALLY fired up, their is a CHANCE we get a CBA in 2018. But that could change fast if this group gets re-lulled into a state of "have patience, it's almost done".

So no, I don't trust a handful of guys here. Besides, we have all had exchanges openly here. If we don't agree with a keyboard, we won't be in agreement over the phone.

With that said, even with a great CBA this place won't be the Dog's Balls for all the other reasons we've talked about such as no retirements, slow growth, no wide body aircraft. But at least we won't also be the lowest paid of our true peers.

In the end, I just want a great CBA and "patience" will NOT get us there, and I think people are finally understanding that, even if they don't want to admit it.

Respectfully.

WingNutz
02-23-2018, 10:24 AM
Just got the call moving into Phase 2

Icaruss
02-23-2018, 10:25 AM
Just got the call moving into Phase 2
Was it a phone call or email?

ucsspirit
02-23-2018, 10:36 AM
I also just got the phase 2 call

pilotpayne
02-23-2018, 12:46 PM
I understand your point, I just don't trust some of these guys with my identity during this contentious time. I honestly feel that I work for The Firm. If you haven't seen it, seek it out. It's a pretty good movie on it's own merits.

Although I feel I have been truthful about how our pay, benefits and working conditions compare to our peers, the company sure wouldn't like those opinions being expressed, and we still have several guys publicly pushing back against negativity. And that's just the ones who post, no idea how many lurkers would gladly give info to The Firm if given the chance.

Payne just threatened to "expose" my private messages yesterday because I was being a "jerk" to him, even though I asked him not to. Those messages essentially say that when we get a respectable CBA I won't continue to discourage guys from choosing JB (makes perfect sense to me), this company has incredible untapped potential (they appear to flat-out refuse to exploit ANY of their potential however) and that I think now that this pilot group is FINALLY fired up, their is a CHANCE we get a CBA in 2018. But that could change fast if this group gets re-lulled into a state of "have patience, it's almost done".

So no, I don't trust a handful of guys here. Besides, we have all had exchanges openly here. If we don't agree with a keyboard, we won't be in agreement over the phone.

With that said, even with a great CBA this place won't be the Dog's Balls for all the other reasons we've talked about such as no retirements, slow growth, no wide body aircraft. But at least we won't also be the lowest paid of our true peers.

In the end, I just want a great CBA and "patience" will NOT get us there, and I think people are finally understanding that, even if they don't want to admit it.

Respectfully.

My last point on this
“ Essentially say”. I like that again you should be in politics.
I guess it could be viewed as a threat but it’s really hard to sit on the truth when you get attacked for giving an answer and than you expect me to not say anything. We have had many civil PM discussions and that is where they will stay because I said they would. My issue with you is your personality changes from the PM world to what the public sees along with some of your views. (so which is true)Living in the DC area you think I would be use to it by now. But I grew up in NJ and we just go with an open FU and that’s that.
I just wish you could understand that your tone and the way you present your argument turns(some not all) people off. You will note I have not countered many of your points because there is no counter but at some point you must make room for disagreements without trotting out the “I’m just being negative stuff” or ranting against the other person.
This site has unfortunately become a mirror of today’s politics with everyone sure their side is right and there is no room for dissent or compromise. That just leads to people no longer listening and wrapping themselves up in their views with no room for anything else.
I’m pretty sure we all wear the same uniform and I’m pretty sure we all want a contract and for JetBlue to be successful. We just disagree on some of the surrounding issues and that is OK. It’s not a zero sum game.

But as always that’s my opinion and worth about nothing.

pilotpayne
02-23-2018, 12:58 PM

I disagree about us disagreeing. :)
The funny thing is my favorite FOs have been guys who donít agree with me on anything yet have the maturity like you to have a back and forth debate. I always say we can discuss anything in the cockpit as long as we arenít keeping score. Itís good to have someone challenge you on why you think as you do.
Thatís why I hate our PC world where topics are off limits. How else will you learn.

And not back to the phase 2 swimmers:)

WingNutz
02-23-2018, 01:01 PM
Was it a phone call or email?

Phone call from a NYC number.

rvr1800
02-23-2018, 01:10 PM
Phone call from a NYC number.

Congrats on phase 2 guys. You will soon dread the 718 area code when youíre on reserve. :D

JAH0908
02-23-2018, 02:18 PM
Phase 2 call today! :D

Southerner
02-23-2018, 03:09 PM
I disagree about us disagreeing. :)
The funny thing is my favorite FOs have been guys who donít agree with me on anything yet have the maturity like you to have a back and forth debate. I always say we can discuss anything in the cockpit as long as we arenít keeping score. Itís good to have someone challenge you on why you think as you do.
Thatís why I hate our PC world where topics are off limits. How else will you learn.

And not back to the phase 2 swimmers:)

Agreed. We don't all have to believe exactly the same thing. We all DO want a solid CBA very soon. On that, I'm fairly certain we all agree. But some (2 guys) on here insist on shaming anyone who doesn't hold their level of anger.

Taylor0708
02-23-2018, 06:53 PM
I also just got the phase 2 call
I got it too. Congrats guys!

PasserOGas
02-23-2018, 08:30 PM
I got the phase 2 call a few years ago. Here is what I suggest.

Instead of buying yourself a round to celebrate, I suggest cancelling your cable subscription and all unneccesary expenses. Begin putting any excess money into a strike fund and spend your days off at job fairs as well as updating your apps.

hilltopflyer
02-23-2018, 08:33 PM
Agreed. We don't all have to believe exactly the same thing. We all DO want a solid CBA very soon. On that, I'm fairly certain we all agree. But some (2 guys) on here insist on shaming anyone who doesn't hold their level of anger.

What was it again?

#keepsgettingbetter

Just giving you a hard time, just felt like it was all you said for a few months

Southerner
02-24-2018, 03:03 AM
What was it again?

#keepsgettingbetter

Just giving you a hard time, just felt like it was all you said for a few months

That wasn't me.

queue
02-24-2018, 04:33 AM

So why are you an apologist for wearing blue gloves and cleaning the plane? Is that what a professional pilot does? They just don't want to hire cleaners so they forced you to sign a legally binding contract to do it.
It's people like you who aren't informed enough to see the problem with it. This industry is full of people like you and you are part of the reason we are the most disrespected of all professionals out there. If you're not angry, fine (and good), but show results. Don't beg for sloppy seconds.

Southerner
02-24-2018, 06:31 AM
So why are you an apologist for wearing blue gloves and cleaning the plane? Is that what a professional pilot does? They just don't want to hire cleaners so they forced you to sign a legally binding contract to do it.
It's people like you who aren't informed enough to see the problem with it. This industry is full of people like you and you are part of the reason we are the most disrespected of all professionals out there. If you're not angry, fine (and good), but show results. Don't beg for sloppy seconds.

I'm not an apologist. I don't clean when on duty. I do abide by the requirements to nonrev, because that's what the company has chosen to require in exchange for flight benefits. Don't confuse the two issues.

I'm not misinformed, but you seem confused.

Dyrek2
02-24-2018, 09:25 AM
I'm not an apologist. I don't clean when on duty. I do abide by the requirements to nonrev, because that's what the company has chosen to require in exchange for flight benefits. Don't confuse the two issues.

I may be wrong, but don't something like 60-65% of pilots commute to JFK alone? Taking away commuting privileges, simply because a pilot doesn't stick around to help clean the plane, doesn't seem to be in the company's best interest.

Air Stang 7
02-24-2018, 09:42 AM

If the company required you to help inflight during their service while nonreving, would you do it? I'm an outsider, so maybe this isn't completely appropriate me to comment on, but the more people bend for a company with such a disdain for their professionals, the more companies will try to take advantage. It has to stop somewhere.
On the other hand, with such terrible on time performance, next time your commute runs late, take the time to do a thorough cleaning and just push another delay by not being to the gate if it's a factor. :D

Bozo the pilot
02-24-2018, 09:45 AM
I may be wrong, but don't something like 60-65% of pilots commute to JFK alone? Taking away commuting privileges, simply because a pilot doesn't stick around to help clean the plane, doesn't seem to be in the company's best interest.

This is true- B6 management has become a childish group who is ****ed at the union and tries anything to exert control over the pilot group. They will be rudely awakened after an 80%+ strike vote, which needs to happen when we all FINALLY realize that they intend NO CBA in the near future. Wake tf up guys.:rolleyes:

CaptCoolHand
02-24-2018, 09:49 AM
This is true- B6 management has become a childish group who is ****ed at the union and tries anything to exert control over the pilot group. They will be rudely awakened after an 80%+ strike vote, which needs to happen when we all FINALLY realize that they intend NO CBA in the near future. Wake tf up guys.:rolleyes:

99% ...only because thereís always one guy.

Bozo the pilot
02-24-2018, 10:00 AM

Agreed- Just avoiding too much optimism.
And in this airline, theres always those 50 guys. :rolleyes:

pilotpayne
02-24-2018, 11:37 AM
I got the phase 2 call a few years ago. Here is what I suggest.

Instead of buying yourself a round to celebrate, I suggest cancelling your cable subscription and all unneccesary expenses. Begin putting any excess money into a strike fund and spend your days off at job fairs as well as updating your apps.

I wonder if hyperboy did your interview.
That would be kind of funny.

zulu99
02-25-2018, 06:06 AM

Or everyone on that non-member list 🙄

Bilbo T Baggins
02-25-2018, 01:06 PM
If the company required you to help inflight during their service while nonreving, would you do it? I'm an outsider, so maybe this isn't completely appropriate me to comment on, but the more people bend for a company with such a disdain for their professionals, the more companies will try to take advantage. It has to stop somewhere.
On the other hand, with such terrible on time performance, next time your commute runs late, take the time to do a thorough cleaning and just push another delay by not being to the gate if it's a factor. :D

Exactly. I have nothing against getting the job done, and doing a little extra, but we are in negotiations. I know we are not asking for too much. MARKET RATE- that's all. So I don't feel bad sticking to the bare minimum to show my worth. It's not personal, it's just business. So I cross the seat belts in my row, just like I would riding on any other airline, and I grab my bags and tell everybody to have a nice day. easy peezy

JAH0908
02-26-2018, 08:02 AM
did anyone fill out their GIS paperwork yet?

queue
02-26-2018, 08:33 AM

Southerner, I'm definitely not misinformed. I've written quite a dissertation on this issue.

The problem is that you are working without compensation. On principle, you have allowed your employer to make you work for them because you are commuting to work. Also, it appears that you have no problem with your employer continuing to levee uncompensated work requirements that weren't present at the time of hiring. By your standard of acceptance, will you allow BJ to make you clean the toilets after your non-rev commute to work or after commuting home? When will they stop telling you to jump, and you answer "how high"? Maybe you don't care because you don't commute?

queue
02-26-2018, 08:36 AM
Exactly. I have nothing against getting the job done, and doing a little extra, but we are in negotiations. I know we are not asking for too much. MARKET RATE- that's all. So I don't feel bad sticking to the bare minimum to show my worth. It's not personal, it's just business. So I cross the seat belts in my row, just like I would riding on any other airline, and I grab my bags and tell everybody to have a nice day. easy peezy

That is in violation of the contract you signed (the online training that ended in a contract that you legally signed).

Bluedriver
02-26-2018, 08:39 AM
That is in violation of the contract you signed (the online training that ended in a contract that you legally signed).

I don't believe the training ever said how much of the aircraft you needed to clean?

PasserOGas
02-26-2018, 08:41 AM
I don't believe the training ever said how much of the aircraft you needed to clean?

Also, I seriously doubt the contract would hold up in court.

queue
02-26-2018, 09:22 AM

"It is not acceptable to only clean your own row". I would paste a screenshot but I'm sure I'll get a legal threat from BJ. If you review the training yourself, you can see it. Also I think the passriding guide provides more info. Not picking on you... I'm just highlighting this to say that we need the union to fight this.

queue
02-26-2018, 09:29 AM
Also, I seriously doubt the contract would hold up in court.

Why not? Both parties signed it therefore there is the assumption you did your due diligence to see thoroughly review it and thus it was not coercively signed. Court is not about "fair" or "right". Both parties signed it, thus end of story.

Besides, it would never see court. As things stand, the worthless PEA people seem to stand behind might as well be toilet paper because it goes to arbitration. In the kangaroo court environment of arbitration, the company will win. Remember 3A.

And even before that, JB will simply ask you to come in, admit that you didn't clean by re-iterating the policy, concluding by having you sign an admission of "guilt". This will go in your secret file that any company can keep since there is no legal restriction or endorsement of personnel files. The next time something happens, you get more paperwork. Eventually when they have enough "insubordination" (see the BJ "BlueBook"), you will be terminated.

All is to say that BJ does everything from a legal stance. They talk of culture and other MBA 101 B.S. but they have all their legal paperwork ready to go for every scenario. Meanwhile, we have all allowed it.

Bluedriver
02-26-2018, 09:33 AM
"It is not acceptable to only clean your own row". I would paste a screenshot but I'm sure I'll get a legal threat from BJ. If you review the training yourself, you can see it. Also I think the passriding guide provides more info. Not picking on you... I'm just highlighting this to say that we need the union to fight this.

Oh.... Not good. 100% agree needs to be fully addressed in the CBA.

queue
02-26-2018, 09:38 AM

Yup.

No compromise. (hear that ALPA?)

We get what we demand or we strike.

Xtreme87
02-26-2018, 11:00 AM

You can search for it on your Ipad. It even makes it sound like they want you to clean while deadheading without specifically saying deadheading. It says traveling for leisure or Ďbusinessí. Open to whatever interpretation as to what they mean by business travel. Does that mean I have to clean while deadheading after I just took a 6 hour long checkride?

queue
02-26-2018, 11:51 AM
You can search for it on your Ipad. It even makes it sound like they want you to clean while deadheading without specifically saying deadheading. It says traveling for leisure or Ďbusinessí. Open to whatever interpretation as to what they mean by business travel. Does that mean I have to clean while deadheading after I just took a 6 hour long checkride?

Yup and that's part of the problem. There's no exceptions whatsoever written anywhere.

Of course the BIGGER problem is that it created precedent for them to conscript us to perform whatever task they wish us to perform by attaching it to some benefit or "privilege". If I can't commute, I can't get to work. I mentioned to Southerner where he would draw the line... if tomorrow they create online training (with the same 'sign here' clause at the end) that says all pass-riding, non-revving, business, or pleasure travelers would need to clean the toilet, what would stop them? I'm most unhappy that ALPA grieved that we didn't get paid for taking the training but did nothing to address the contractual obligation contained in the training.

PasserOGas
02-26-2018, 01:54 PM
Why not? Both parties signed it therefore there is the assumption you did your due diligence to see thoroughly review it and thus it was not coercively signed. Court is not about "fair" or "right". Both parties signed it, thus end of story.

Besides, it would never see court. As things stand, the worthless PEA people seem to stand behind might as well be toilet paper because it goes to arbitration. In the kangaroo court environment of arbitration, the company will win. Remember 3A.

And even before that, JB will simply ask you to come in, admit that you didn't clean by re-iterating the policy, concluding by having you sign an admission of "guilt". This will go in your secret file that any company can keep since there is no legal restriction or endorsement of personnel files. The next time something happens, you get more paperwork. Eventually when they have enough "insubordination" (see the BJ "BlueBook"), you will be terminated.

All is to say that BJ does everything from a legal stance. They talk of culture and other MBA 101 B.S. but they have all their legal paperwork ready to go for every scenario. Meanwhile, we have all allowed it.

Why not? Because it violates state and federal labor and tax laws. Just because you and I sign a contract does not mean it is LEGAL. Extreme case, but if I signed a contract to haul heroin for B6 that would not stand up because it is illegal. Having people provide labor for you without accounting for that labor, ensuring it meets minimum wage standards, paying social security, medicare and federal withholdings for it nullifies the contract.

queue
02-26-2018, 02:07 PM
Why not? Because it violates state and federal labor and tax laws. Just because you and I sign a contract does not mean it is LEGAL. Extreme case, but if I signed a contract to haul heroin for B6 that would not stand up because it is illegal. Having people provide labor for you without accounting for that labor, ensuring it meets minimum wage standards, paying social security, medicare and federal withholdings for it nullifies the contract.

I'm glad you said that. Would you mind asking this scenario question to the MEC? I get crickets or a diversionary answer (e.g. we grieved it --- they grieved not being paid for training -- the wrong thing).

Also, what do you think about FA's not being paid until the door closes? Or for that matter, isn't our pay only based in OOOI times? So our walkarounds and other pre-flight, post-flight activities are also uncompensated? I find it odd that we get paid for online training but not other activities. It's like they are picking and choosing or simply they've never been challenged by lawsuit. The common answer is "it's always been that way" but that's not an answer.

Your drug analogy is kinda funny so let me give you a somewhat lighthearted reply... :p:p evidently you can haul drugs if the CIA, DEA, FBI contracts you to... I know the military has been doing it for a long time although they are under their own laws.

ß 91.19 Carriage of narcotic drugs, marihuana, and depressant or stimulant drugs or substances.
(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) (https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/91.19#b) of this section, no person (https://www.law.cornell.edu/definitions/index.php?width=840&height=800&iframe=true&def_id=24a80ca42ed148d527b7ddad982da95a&term_occur=1&term_src=Title:14:Chapter:I:Subchapter:F:Part:91:S ubpart:A:91.19) may operate a civil aircraft (https://www.law.cornell.edu/definitions/index.php?width=840&height=800&iframe=true&def_id=2810380138e0a0dfc90733097a59235a&term_occur=1&term_src=Title:14:Chapter:I:Subchapter:F:Part:91:S ubpart:A:91.19) within the United States (https://www.law.cornell.edu/definitions/index.php?width=840&height=800&iframe=true&def_id=dec2d7b6c1dac5215137688ab8df200c&term_occur=1&term_src=Title:14:Chapter:I:Subchapter:F:Part:91:S ubpart:A:91.19) with knowledge that narcotic drugs, marihuana, and depressant or stimulant drugs or substances as defined in Federal or State statutes are carried in the aircraft (https://www.law.cornell.edu/definitions/index.php?width=840&height=800&iframe=true&def_id=8e9caab04f792d93d0738c9d3290164e&term_occur=1&term_src=Title:14:Chapter:I:Subchapter:F:Part:91:S ubpart:A:91.19).
(b) Paragraph (a) (https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/91.19#a) of this section does not apply to any carriage of narcotic drugs, marihuana, and depressant or stimulant drugs or substances authorized by or under any Federal or State statute or by any Federal or State agency.

http://18675-presscdn.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/americanmade.jpg

GuardBummer
02-26-2018, 02:29 PM

I have yet to hear of anyone being called in for not cleaning. Anyone here been harrassed by anyone other than an FA with the sarcastic ďThanks for the help!Ē ?

queue
02-26-2018, 02:40 PM
I have yet to hear of anyone being called in for not cleaning. Anyone here been harrassed by anyone other than an FA with the sarcastic ďThanks for the help!Ē ?

What matters is what is written, not anecdotal reports. Details matter. You can't pick and choose.

hyperboy
02-26-2018, 04:32 PM
Yup.

and we ALL have a vote! APC does not vote on our behalf?......

Southerner
02-26-2018, 05:13 PM
Yup.

Do you even know how the process works? Are you new?

queue
02-27-2018, 06:57 AM
Do you even know how the process works? Are you new?

I do know all too well how it works. I patently reject the status quo. ALPA could be doing a lot more. They are 3 years too late on many accounts and our meeting schedule is a joke. The main problem is that ALPA is stocked with people who only know status quo, and even then only know the aviation world as practitioners. Why isn't ALPA attacking the RLA? We pay a fortune in dues yet the results are pathetic. Why is it that teachers' unions are far more effective on significantly abbreviated timelines? Yes, I know they aren't under RLA, obviously, but I am referring to their diligence in infiltrating lawmakers. Do I see our elected Union people, including national ALPA, trying to make daily appearances using the news media? Why aren't we doing daily letter writing campaigns to like change.org does? (I hate change.org, for the record). We have a ton of options that haven't even been considered or even imagined.

The Failure of the Railway Labor Act | OPERATION ORANGE (http://www.operationorange.org/2012/04/the-failure-of-the-railway-labor-act/)

Have you actually read the RLA?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/45/chapter-8

The timeline we are accustomed to is not maximizing the written law.

ucsspirit
02-27-2018, 07:14 AM
JAH, Yes, I just completed mine, and headed out for the drug screening today.

This Thread has become so off topic, its sad.

Can we get back to the topic at hand, and stop with all the other BS? I am sure there are other threads for it.

Beast
02-27-2018, 07:58 AM
Any idea how long phase two is taking lately?

Bluedriver
02-27-2018, 08:16 AM

Not exactly, but it's pretty short and timely. You'll be in class soon. Congratulations

Rcbrandon12
02-27-2018, 08:19 AM

I interviewed on December 15th.
Phase II call and email on December 20th
Phase II complete on January 26th
March 21st class date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yayairplanes
02-28-2018, 08:04 AM
When you were advised you passed phase 2, did you get to pick a class date right away?

Bluedriver
02-28-2018, 08:13 AM
When you were advised you passed phase 2, did you get to pick a class date right away?

Usually. It's pretty fast.

Congratulations, welcome to the JetBlue experience, I think you will like it.

HighFlight
02-28-2018, 08:33 AM
No. Itís been about a month between Phase 2 email/call and the call to assign your class date from what some friends have been telling me.

JAH0908
02-28-2018, 12:31 PM
haha yeah completely off topic....

i did my drug test and got all my documents sent in yesterday as well.

now we wait some more...

best of luck!

JAH, Yes, I just completed mine, and headed out for the drug screening today.

This Thread has become so off topic, its sad.

Can we get back to the topic at hand, and stop with all the other BS? I am sure there are other threads for it.

JAH0908
02-28-2018, 02:55 PM

I was told its been running 3-4 weeks. hoping for a quicker turn around though.

HighFlight
02-28-2018, 02:58 PM
I donít think that will happen. Classes slow down during the summer. Eventually it will slow.

I was told its been running 3-4 weeks. hoping for a quicker turn around though.

JAH0908
02-28-2018, 03:04 PM
I donít think that will happen. Classes slow down during the summer. Eventually it will slow.

for the background process? I was talking about getting through the background and PRIA stuff.

Rcbrandon12
02-28-2018, 03:31 PM

I received a call on February 21st informing me of my class date. I would say that almost four weeks to notify seems to be true. They just offered the 21st as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAH0908
02-28-2018, 03:46 PM
I received a call on February 21st informing me of my class date. I would say that almost four weeks to notify seems to be true. They just offered the 21st as an option.

4 weeks from the time you submitted all your background paperwork to the call for class date??

and is that march 21st?

Rcbrandon12
02-28-2018, 04:05 PM
Yes March 21st. 4 weeks from my phase II complete email to the call for my class date. As for phase II I submitted everything by December 21-22 and got the phase II complete email on January 26th. So that seems to be closer to 5 weeks.

JAH0908
02-28-2018, 04:21 PM
Yes March 21st. 4 weeks from my phase II complete email to the call for my class date. As for phase II I submitted everything by December 21-22 and got the phase II complete email on January 26th. So that seems to be closer to 5 weeks.

well first off, congratulations! and thank you for the information. kinda gives the rest of us something to go by. and of course things are constantly changing but at least gives us an idea.

thanks!

Rcbrandon12
02-28-2018, 04:27 PM
well first off, congratulations! and thank you for the information. kinda gives the rest of us something to go by. and of course things are constantly changing but at least gives us an idea.

thanks!

Thank you. Good luck.

HighFlight
02-28-2018, 05:24 PM
You might have missed my post prior to your other one asking about the timeline, but I had posted this on the previous page.

No. It’s been about a month between Phase 2 email/call and the call to assign your class date from what some friends have been telling me.

for the background process? I was talking about getting through the background and PRIA stuff.

JAH0908
03-01-2018, 12:00 PM
You might have missed my post prior to your other one asking about the timeline, but I had posted this on the previous page.

yup, totally missed it.

thanks for the info!

Skitz
03-01-2018, 01:35 PM
My timeline is almost identical to RCDriverÖ

Dec. 15 Interview
Dec. 20 Welcome to Phase 2
Jan. 21 Phase 2 complete
Feb. 21 March 21st Class offer

So just a little over 3 months from interview to class dateÖ

HighFlight
03-01-2018, 01:43 PM
Doesn't matter where you heard it, as long as you know! ;)

I interesting thing on those dates above - a friend of mine was offered a March 15th class date, but he had to turn it down. The next class being offered (tentative) is April 21st.

yup, totally missed it.

thanks for the info!

JAH0908
03-01-2018, 05:04 PM
My timeline is almost identical to RCDriverÖ

Dec. 15 Interview
Dec. 20 Welcome to Phase 2
Jan. 21 Phase 2 complete
Feb. 21 March 21st Class offer

So just a little over 3 months from interview to class dateÖ

good to know. thanks for the info!

JAH0908
03-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Doesn't matter where you heard it, as long as you know! ;)

I interesting thing on those dates above - a friend of mine was offered a March 15th class date, but he had to turn it down. The next class being offered (tentative) is April 21st.

sounds like they are doing at least one class a month. and was he in the december interviews?

HighFlight
03-01-2018, 06:17 PM
Yes on the December interview. No on the 1 class a month, since he was offered Mar 15, turned it down, and was told to expect Apr 21. As per the post above, there was a Mar 21 class as well. Not sure he was offered that. Or maybe it's already full. Not sure.

sounds like they are doing at least one class a month. and was he in the december interviews?

JAH0908
03-05-2018, 05:58 AM
anyone else dying from anxiety yet?

BeatNavy
03-05-2018, 06:45 AM
anyone else dying from anxiety yet?

If youíre dying from anxiety waiting to come here, youíre gonna be really dead waiting for a contract and waiting to be treated/compensated like a professional airline pilot.

JAH0908
03-05-2018, 06:53 AM
If youíre dying from anxiety waiting to come here, youíre gonna be really dead waiting for a contract and waiting to be treated/compensated like a professional airline pilot.

and my question to you is, if its really that bad why are you still at JetBlue?

HighFlight
03-05-2018, 07:07 AM
If you are coming from outside the 121 world, I get why you’d ask such an ignorant question. If you are currently flying 121, your question either illustrates your lack of understanding the industry or your desire to further anger an unhappy pilot group. Feel free to PM me if you don’t understand.

Rascal
03-05-2018, 07:10 AM
If you are coming from outside the 121 world, I get why youíd ask such an ignorant question. If you are currently flying 121, your question either illustrates your lack of understanding the industry or your desire to further anger an unhappy pilot group. Feel free to PM me if you donít understand.

Spot on.
Filler.

BeatNavy
03-05-2018, 07:14 AM

Hard to get hired elsewhere while on a long term leave of absence and no potential availability date in sight. Phone never rang before my LOA. I have a JB friend contemplating going to EDV or ENY. Iíd consider that, or something like Kalitta, until a real major called, if I had the ability/availability. But Iím stuck for years. I hope when I come back Iíll come back to a good airline, with a good contract, and decent seniority. But hope is not a valid method. If I wasnít stuck, I donít know if Iíd give up my seniority here for a regional or 2nd rate cargo outfit...itíd take a lot of soul searching and thought. But itís sad thatís even being contemplated by some of us.

pilotpayne
03-05-2018, 07:36 AM
Hard to get hired elsewhere while on a long term leave of absence and no potential availability date in sight. Phone never rang before my LOA. I have a JB friend contemplating going to EDV or ENY. Iíd consider that, or something like Kalitta, until a real major called, if I had the ability/availability. But Iím stuck for years. I hope when I come back Iíll come back to a good airline, with a good contract, and decent seniority. But hope is not a valid method. If I wasnít stuck, I donít know if Iíd give up my seniority here for a regional or 2nd rate cargo outfit...itíd take a lot of soul searching and thought. But itís sad thatís even being contemplated by some of us.

Endeavor and Envoy and Kalitta and hope a real airline calls or that the flow works?

Look I totally get that life is tough right now but sometimes I feel we arenít even being rational.

I realize people will counter that and say itís a picture of how bad things are but I think we are getting a little carried away.

Anyway if you feel that is the best path I really hope it works out for you.

To quote another Paine

These are the times that try menís souls.
Itís tough guys but I honestly think it will get better.

atrdriver
03-05-2018, 08:54 AM

You clearly don't understand this industry if you are seriously asking that question. The other guys have explained already. Attrition is relatively low here but it isn't for lack of trying.

Endeavor and Envoy and Kalitta and hope a real airline calls or that the flow works?

Look I totally get that life is tough right now but sometimes I feel we arenít even being rational.

I realize people will counter that and say itís a picture of how bad things are but I think we are getting a little carried away.

To quote another Paine

Envoy is advertising $110k first year total comp. Endeavor is upgrading as fast as you have the time (unaware of their first year total comp but I am comfortable claiming it's more than ours and likely closer to Envoy's). The pay at the regionals has become competitive to JB.

It takes 3-4 full years here on the 190 to eclipse total first year pay at UA/DL. Think about that. When it comes to your W-2 over a career, picking a regional like Envoy or Endeavor over one like JetBlue might make sense. And the fact that argument can be made is a pathetic statement about our current condition.

BeatNavy
03-05-2018, 09:11 AM

To quote another Paine

As I said I'm stuck, and so it can't work out for me since I can't do it. It's something I said I'd consider if I had the ability/availability and that a couple friends are considering. But going to a regional and getting TPIC that some of us don't have, potentially a new type, and/or getting some international/heavy time with the K4 option, and making as much as junior JetBlue FOs are making, all while helping with a legacy/FDX/UPS app, isn't too irrational imo. In many people's opinions, those additional application points/filled squares are worth more than JetBlue seniority (or juniority, rather, with our expected growth based on what we know right now about our future), and the gamble in search of more app points and filling more squares *may* be worth it.

No one will know how a JB career (or any airline career) plays out in the next 5/10/20/30 years. Staying here could be great. Or it could suck...a lot. The DL/AA/UA/SWA/FDX/UPS path seems a lot better with a lot more clarity based on attrition and contracts alone...contracts that our management have shown they are unwilling to pay, not because they can't afford it, but because they think we are worth less than real major airline pilots.

All we have is hope. Hope for a contract. Hope for management who can start steering this rudderless ship. Hope for restoration of culture. Hope that we get valued like other airline pilots. Hope for increased growth. Again, hope is not a method. Hope doesn't pay bills. Hope doesn't secure my family's future. Airplanes don't fly with hope in the tanks. Actively taking steps to a more promising career at the aforementioned airlines vs sitting at JetBlue and hoping...irrational? Maybe. HOPEfully in 6 months we can revisit this post and talk about how our awesome CBA proves me wrong, but I wouldn't bet the farm on that.

pilotpayne
03-05-2018, 09:51 AM
As I said I'm stuck, and so it can't work out for me since I can't do it. It's something I said I'd consider if I had the ability/availability and that a couple friends are considering. But going to a regional and getting TPIC that some of us don't have, potentially a new type, and/or getting some international/heavy time with the K4 option, and making as much as junior JetBlue FOs are making, all while helping with a legacy/FDX/UPS app, isn't too irrational imo. In many people's opinions, those additional application points/filled squares are worth more than JetBlue seniority (or juniority, rather, with our expected growth based on what we know right now about our future), and the gamble in search of more app points and filling more squares *may* be worth it.

No one will know how a JB career (or any airline career) plays out in the next 5/10/20/30 years. Staying here could be great. Or it could suck...a lot. The DL/AA/UA/SWA/FDX/UPS path seems a lot better with a lot more clarity based on attrition and contracts alone...contracts that our management have shown they are unwilling to pay, not because they can't afford it, but because they think we are worth less than real major airline pilots.

All we have is hope. Hope for a contract. Hope for management who can start steering this rudderless ship. Hope for restoration of culture. Hope that we get valued like other airline pilots. Hope for increased growth. Again, hope is not a method. Hope doesn't pay bills. Hope doesn't secure my family's future. Airplanes don't fly with hope in the tanks. Actively taking steps to a more promising career at the aforementioned airlines vs sitting at JetBlue and hoping...irrational? Maybe. HOPEfully in 6 months we can revisit this post and talk about how our awesome CBA proves me wrong, but I wouldn't bet the farm on that.

But you would also be going to those other places and hoping it works out. Thatís all Iím saying. You donít see me arguing about going to the big guys Iím just saying sometimes you need to take a step back and look at what you are contemplating.

I came from a regional with a great contract (apparently not as good as the amazing expressjet one) I would still leave that place as soon as I could. Now we can talk all day about staying and getting pic and all of that but to leave jetblue to go back there just seems crazy. But I mean I only did 7.5 years at one so what would I know.

pilotpayne
03-05-2018, 10:01 AM
You clearly don't understand this industry if you are seriously asking that question. The other guys have explained already. Attrition is relatively low here but it isn't for lack of trying.

Envoy is advertising $110k first year total comp. Endeavor is upgrading as fast as you have the time (unaware of their first year total comp but I am comfortable claiming it's more than ours and likely closer to Envoy's). The pay at the regionals has become competitive to JB.

It takes 3-4 full years here on the 190 to eclipse total first year pay at UA/DL. Think about that. When it comes to your W-2 over a career, picking a regional like Envoy or Endeavor over one like JetBlue might make sense. And the fact that argument can be made is a pathetic statement about our current condition.

Except the argument was about going to a regional from jetblue.
There are a bunch of mights could may and other qualifiers in this.
My point was and I made it in the other post to leave here to go to a regional to hope the flow works or whateverís seems crazy. Do I like that people are even thinking that no but group think can go a little insane. Like Trump will deport everyone or Obama will take all the guns. Itís quick dirty and attention grabbing.

Obviously I thought this would have been done by Jan this year and I was wrong but at the same time the union never said this would be easy. I canít argue the knowns and itís obvious that we have a ton of unknowns here and pilots hate unknowns. But I still think to act lake itís going to always be this way is a mistake and you should be careful what moves you make. Now if the big guys call go for it but the regional move Iím just not sure.

BeatNavy
03-05-2018, 10:08 AM
But you would also be going to those other places and hoping it works out. That’s all I’m saying. You don’t see me arguing about going to the big guys I’m just saying sometimes you need to take a step back and look at what you are contemplating.

I came from a regional with a great contract (apparently not as good as the amazing expressjet one) I would still leave that place as soon as I could. Now we can talk all day about staying and getting pic and all of that but to leave jetblue to go back there just seems crazy. But I mean I only did 7.5 years at one so what would I know.

You also upgraded fairly quickly here if I'm not mistaken. I don't think #3,601 who just started here (or anyone after him) will touch a tiller anytime soon. The math is different than it was 5 years ago (or even 2 for that matter). The major hiring is just starting. If I had no TPIC, I'd stay even at a bottom feeder regional and get it (or go to one with a flow and a quick upgrade). JetBlue wouldn't even be on my radar. Only way I'd apply to JetBlue in this environment is if I had TPIC and lived in BOS/NY, then I'd be here until DL/AA called. If I was junior here and could leave I'd do everything I could to get hired elsewhere, potentially even leaving for TPIC or different experience (a la K4 if cargo was my desire). That would depend on my individual/family situation and my appetite for risk/reward.

pilotpayne
03-05-2018, 11:02 AM
You also upgraded fairly quickly here if I'm not mistaken. I don't think #3,601 who just started here (or anyone after him) will touch a tiller anytime soon. The math is different than it was 5 years ago (or even 2 for that matter). The major hiring is just starting. If I had no TPIC, I'd stay even at a bottom feeder regional and get it (or go to one with a flow and a quick upgrade). JetBlue wouldn't even be on my radar. Only way I'd apply to JetBlue in this environment is if I had TPIC and lived in BOS/NY, then I'd be here until DL/AA called. If I was junior here and could leave I'd do everything I could to get hired elsewhere, potentially even leaving for TPIC or different experience (a la K4 if cargo was my desire). That would depend on my individual/family situation and my appetite for risk/reward.

I donít disagree with you. Only thing I would say is if this hiring wave does come will the Tpic still be important? Guys have gone to the big guys without it while others fully qualified canít get a job. This is however one of the dangersof coming to jetblue if you donít have the qualifications to leave(you could make an argument thatís why jetblue hires guys like that) but Delta has hired guys with most likely less qualifications than guys down at OSC right now. Like I was saying itís a lot of hope and theory and maybe right now.

But what I do really think as some have posted on here (not you)is that if a current pilot here will not be happy even with say a Delta style contract it is most definitely a good idea to go if you can. I guess it all depends on what makes each of us happy.

JAH0908
03-12-2018, 11:08 AM
has anyone heard back after submitting the background paperwork?

hyperboy
03-12-2018, 04:36 PM

ATR driver you seriously don't believe what you are saying? If you think first year pilots at Envoy are making over 100 grand you are on crack. . They are NOT!!!!!I CANNOT you spout this crap. I know your love of the REGIONALS though....COMMON MAN.

blueballs
03-12-2018, 05:13 PM
ATR driver you seriously don't believe what you are saying? If you think first year pilots at Envoy are making over 100 grand you are on crack. . They are NOT!!!!!I CANNOT you spout this crap. I know your love of the REGIONALS though....COMMON MAN.
Do your homework ďit keeps getting betterĒ the regionals first year compensation is higher than ours. This place has become toxic. The only thing that may make this place ok again is quickly getting a CBA. Itís gonna be an interesting summer thatís all I can say

atrdriver
03-12-2018, 05:15 PM

Reading comprehension (among other things) sure isn't your strong suit.

I said "Envoy is advertising $110k first year total comp."

That is according to the post card they sent me. I don't know the specifics of that and I didn't claim to.

First year gross pay at JB is $46,250.

I'm sure there is some creative accounting in the Envoy numbers but what they're advertising is more than double JB 1st year. It was all part of the point I was trying to make about how it #keepsgettingbetter here. Maybe your blue juice overdosing has poisoned your critical thinking that much. (I am not going to Envoy :D)

Why the obsession with me anyhow? It's weird. And judging from your writing it sounds like you're the one on crack.

cablepilot
03-13-2018, 05:17 AM
No word back yet. I think most people are saying the response time is approximately 4 weeks though, so we still have a little bit of time to go. I would say at this point not hearing anything isnít necessarily a bad thing, a quick response is probably a thanks but no thanks.

jar5086
03-13-2018, 05:27 AM
No word back yet. I think most people are saying the response time is approximately 4 weeks though, so we still have a little bit of time to go. I would say at this point not hearing anything isnít necessarily a bad thing, a quick response is probably a thanks but no thanks.

I just finished Phase II it took about a month. Iím assuming you are in Phase II

cablepilot
03-13-2018, 06:07 AM
I am, I was in the 2-14 interview and got the call for phase 2 on 2-23. Iím guessing based on what Iíve read that Iíve still got about another week or 2 before I hear any word back.

queue
03-13-2018, 09:10 AM

That is according to the post card they sent me. I don't know the specifics of that and I didn't claim to.

I'm sure there is some creative accounting in the Envoy numbers but what they're advertising is more than double JB 1st year. It was all part of the point I was trying to make about how it #keepsgettingbetter here. Maybe your blue juice overdosing has poisoned your critical thinking that much. (I am not going to Envoy :D)

Why the obsession with me anyhow? It's weird. And judging from your writing it sounds like you're the one on crack.

Which regional was it that was providing hotel rooms if you had to commute in the night before?

hyperboy
03-13-2018, 09:12 AM

You made it personal long ago with me dude. Stalking me and thinking you know me and what I stand for.....I have extended a PM to have you be a man after you called me out. So you can stop with all the false stuff you have said about me.

You hide. You have my name and my number.......

PasserOGas
03-13-2018, 12:51 PM
You made it personal long ago with me dude. Stalking me and thinking you know me and what I stand for.....I have extended a PM to have you be a man after you called me out. So you can stop with all the false stuff you have said about me.

There is very little threat to giving out your personal info when you come on here to sing this bottom feeding company's praises. Maybe they will send you out to San Jose to waste money with Bonnie as a reward.

hyperboy
03-13-2018, 02:14 PM
There is very little threat to giving out your personal info when you come on here to sing this bottom feeding company's praises. Maybe they will send you out to San Jose to waste money with Bonnie as a reward.

Tough guy I see the power of hiding.

Final Clear
03-13-2018, 02:46 PM

...says the "internet tough guy" who hides behind the screen name "hyperboy". When you use your "real" first and last name in your postings...then you can call other out for this. Until then, you're just another hypocritical company ass-clown.

Hey jetblue...FUPM,

FC

PasserOGas
03-13-2018, 03:15 PM

Dude, I could care less what YOU think of me. But you are the type of dude who jetblew will put into a CP office one day, and I would rather not end up on the "secret fire list". Make you a deal, once I get hired by a real airline, and get off probation there, I will give you my name and we can compare W2's. After 1 year at a real airline I bet mine is bigger.

hyperboy
03-13-2018, 04:04 PM
Dude, I could care less what YOU think of me. But you are the type of dude who jetblew will put into a CP office one day, and I would rather not end up on the "secret fire list". Make you a deal, once I get hired by a real airline, and get off probation there, I will give you my name and we can compare W2's. After 1 year at a real airline I bet mine is bigger.

You are so sad. Give me a call and we can chat about how inaccurate you are........Some how with the way you act you will go nowhere (cause you are probably all talk) and stay here and make us all miserable.

I am looking forward to a great CBA! I did not know that the money made defined you as a man. Go W-2's!

Wow....

Guess I should have upgraded a couple of years ago too huh?....

PasserOGas
03-13-2018, 04:37 PM
You are so sad. Give me a call and we can chat about how inaccurate you are........Some how with the way you act you will go nowhere (cause you are probably all talk) and stay here and make us all miserable.

I am looking forward to a great CBA! I did not know that the money made defined you as a man. Go W-2's!

Wow....

Guess I should have upgraded a couple of years ago too huh?....

I dont go to work to get paid in "culture" so yeah, W-2's is where its at.

Or in the case of Jetblew where its not.

Keep up the good fight, Robin may give you a ride on the yacht he buys with our lack of retirement for your efforts.

hyperboy
03-13-2018, 04:44 PM

Keep up the good fight, Robin may give you a ride on the yacht he buys with our lack of retirement for your efforts.

My efforts?.....What are you doing? You are the problem, not me.

blueballs
03-14-2018, 06:31 AM
My efforts?.....What are you doing? You are the problem, not me.

You and southerner are the problem. If everyone dislikes you....guess what itís you not them

Bluedriver
03-14-2018, 06:36 AM

Gas = 25 points

Future chief pilot Hyper = -15 points

Gas for the win.

citxls
03-14-2018, 07:09 AM
Just fact checked the Envoy 110k first year (which I already knew was not correct) and it shows 60k (including per diem.) Nowhere on Envoy, APC or anywhere for that matter is advertising total compensation of $110,000. Take the plunge and do us all a favor and head to Envoy and flow in 10 years while the rest of us fight for what we deserve.

I get it we are all frustrated with how JB is handling negotiations, and yes our first year pay is a complete joke, but try to be rational. Let JB put the spin on reality, not contribute and spin between ourselves.

Kilroy
03-14-2018, 01:02 PM
How much does Jetblue consider the aptitude test. That thing was hard. If they rely on that at all, Iím done...

say again
03-14-2018, 01:13 PM
How much does Jetblue consider the aptitude test. That thing was hard. If they rely on that at all, Iím done...

It's considered, but as for how much? Who really knows. It's probably a case by case basis.

Bluedriver
03-14-2018, 01:25 PM

As long as you wore blue latex gloves to the interview you're good.

Kilroy
03-15-2018, 05:53 AM
So for those who interviewed on 3-14, how about posting if you got the phase 2 invite. I must say the interview team were very organized and friendly. Hope to be on board. Best of luck to all who interviewed...

atrdriver
03-15-2018, 06:11 AM
Just fact checked the Envoy 110k first year (which I already knew was not correct) and it shows 60k (including per diem.) Nowhere on Envoy, APC or anywhere for that matter is advertising total compensation of $110,000. Take the plunge and do us all a favor and head to Envoy and flow in 10 years while the rest of us fight for what we deserve.

I get it we are all frustrated with how JB is handling negotiations, and yes our first year pay is a complete joke, but try to be rational. Let JB put the spin on reality, not contribute and spin between ourselves.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2i7qm2t.jpg

Unless the guy who texted me this photo is a master at photoshop, I don't know what to tell you.

atrdriver
03-15-2018, 06:14 AM

I don't have your name or number. I don't know you, never met you, and haven't stalked you (that's a helluva claim!).

I can tell what you stand for by the words you post here though. :rolleyes:

citxls
03-15-2018, 06:54 AM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2i7qm2t.jpg

Unless the guy who texted me this photo is a master at photoshop, I don't know what to tell you.

Thatís hilarious, they also include per diem as compensation as well as advertising an upgrade to AA 777 Captain in 18 years on their flow chart. I guess I was wrong regarding direct entry wizards who make 65k, get a 45k sign on bonus then year 2 go back to 70k. Seems worth it, you going to go back to eagle?

atrdriver
03-15-2018, 08:19 AM
Thatís hilarious, they also include per diem as compensation as well as advertising an upgrade to AA 777 Captain in 18 years on their flow chart. I guess I was wrong regarding direct entry wizards who make 65k, get a 45k sign on bonus then year 2 go back to 70k. Seems worth it, you going to go back to eagle?

You're totally missing the point. No one here is planning to go to another regional.

That recent BP post was right...... Who needs Ford & Harrison when you've got pilots like we've got?

I give up.

FSUpilot
03-15-2018, 11:23 AM
So for those who interviewed on 3-14, how about posting if you got the phase 2 invite. I must say the interview team were very organized and friendly. Hope to be on board. Best of luck to all who interviewed...

Seems like it varies... I interviewed March 1. Phase 2 call this morning. 10 business days...

pilotpayne
03-15-2018, 04:33 PM
You're totally missing the point. No one here is planning to go to another regional.

That recent BP post was right...... Who needs Ford & Harrison when you've got pilots like we've got?

I give up.

I think his point was about honest advertising.

JAH0908
03-15-2018, 04:41 PM

HAHA it sure was! half way through I just laughed because it was so ridiculous... specially the part where you're answering math questions, keeping the little airplane from hitting stuff, marking the waypoints, and counting airplanes. I was like dang i think I'm ready to fly the space shuttle. :D

Combatcraig
03-15-2018, 05:02 PM
HAHA it sure was! half way through I just laughed because it was so ridiculous... specially the part where you're answering math questions, keeping the little airplane from hitting stuff, marking the waypoints, and counting airplanes. I was like dang i think I'm ready to fly the space shuttle. :D

I thought theyíd throw me out of the building after that stupid test! Been here almost 2 years. Donít sweat it.

Lift
03-19-2018, 04:07 PM
Hey all, anyone else had trouble signing the fingerprint disclosure? (Have you ever been convicted of.....)

Thanks!

FSUpilot
03-20-2018, 02:09 PM
Hey all, anyone else had trouble signing the fingerprint disclosure? (Have you ever been convicted of.....)

Thanks!

Is this at the end of the GIS initial setup for the background check?

Icaruss
03-23-2018, 04:11 AM
For the 2/14 inteviews. Has anyones received the call for Phase 2 complete?

cablepilot
03-23-2018, 06:20 AM
Still no word on phase 2 complete.

JAH0908
03-23-2018, 02:34 PM

Nope... nothing from JetBlue yet. And every time I call GIS they're still "processing" they are completely worthless...

Bluedriver
03-23-2018, 04:04 PM
Nope... nothing from JetBlue yet. And every time I call GIS they're still "processing" they are completely worthless...

Welcome to JB. It only gets worse.

77Archer
03-23-2018, 06:45 PM

I interviewed January 31. I got my welcome to the pool email (and phase 2 complete) March 6. Next call should be a class date.

WingNutz
03-24-2018, 01:38 PM

Still waiting...

Taylor0708
03-25-2018, 08:29 AM
Still waiting...
Me too but hopefully this week we will hear something!

JAH0908
03-25-2018, 01:21 PM
Me too but hopefully this week we will hear something!

Fingers crossed! this is a pretty lengthy process... the anxiety is killing me haha

Bluedriver
03-27-2018, 05:32 AM
Fingers crossed! this is a pretty lengthy process... the anxiety is killing me haha

Just be honest, you're wearing blue latex cleaning gloves right now, aren't you?

JAH0908
03-27-2018, 05:45 AM
Just be honest, you're wearing blue latex cleaning gloves right now, aren't you?

close! i like the Nitrile Gloves, like latex but better. i get the family pack at costco.:D

Bluedriver
03-27-2018, 06:23 AM
close! i like the Nitrile Gloves, like latex but better. i get the family pack at costco.:D

At least you have a sense of humor. You're going to need something after you've been here a little while and after you see your paycheck.

Gearswinger
03-27-2018, 01:10 PM
At least you have a sense of humor. You're going to need something after you've been here a little while and after you see your paycheck.

He thinks you are kidding about this. My first year paychecks have been shameful. $1150, and I don’t even have our garbage insurance, and NH doesn’t have income tax.

Kilroy
03-27-2018, 02:06 PM
Has anyone from the 3/14/18 interview received a email or phone call with the phase 2 invite?? Or any TBNT????

Bluedriver
03-27-2018, 03:12 PM
He thinks you are kidding about this. My first year paychecks have been shameful. $1150, and I donít even have our garbage insurance, and NH doesnít have income tax.

Blue gloves are cheap. $1150 should buy almost all he needs.

77Archer
03-27-2018, 06:06 PM
He thinks you are kidding about this. My first year paychecks have been shameful. $1150, and I donít even have our garbage insurance, and NH doesnít have income tax.

Thank you for posting that (the amount) I've been wanting to know what to expect.

JAH0908
03-28-2018, 08:52 AM

you have to. :D

hey man i get it... But I'm coming from a 135 operator so for me this is going to be a step forward in my career, and I think that once JB gets a contract things will be much better.

FSUpilot
03-28-2018, 10:36 AM
Has anyone from the 3/14/18 interview received a email or phone call with the phase 2 invite?? Or any TBNT????

Bet it will be soon. I interviewed 3/1... phase 2 email and call exactly 10 business days later.

Kilroy
03-30-2018, 03:42 PM
Anyone complete phase 2 lately? just wanted to know what time frame it really is until you get a class date or placed in the Pool.

Fly603
04-01-2018, 06:02 PM
I interviewed 1/31. Got the Phase II call a week later. It's been crickets since with the exception of an email update to the interview group that things are still in process and to standby. At least the FAA told me that my PRIA was submitted. I suppose that's a good sign. Anyone else hear anything?

JAH0908
04-01-2018, 09:58 PM
I interviewed 1/31. Got the Phase II call a week later. It's been crickets since with the exception of an email update to the interview group that things are still in process and to standby. At least the FAA told me that my PRIA was submitted. I suppose that's a good sign. Anyone else hear anything?

Interviewed 2-14 and same thing here... every time I call GIS they tell me theyíre still processing. My friend interviewed on 1-31 and is also on the same boat.

This waiting around sucks...

SideFlare
04-01-2018, 10:59 PM
Interviewed 2-14 and same thing here... every time I call GIS they tell me theyíre still processing. My friend interviewed on 1-31 and is also on the same boat.

This waiting around sucks...

Ladies and Gents,

It took 3-4 months a year ago. Bummer, but such is life. On a positive note that gives you plenty of time to update your Big Three/SWA apps... Apparently AA is retiring more than planned. Best of luck!

CaptCoolHand
04-02-2018, 05:44 AM
Ladies and Gents,

It took 3-4 months a year ago. Bummer, but such is life. On a positive note that gives you plenty of time to update your Big Three/SWA apps... Apparently AA is retiring more than planned. Best of luck!

Those guys arenít retiring... theyíre coming to jetblue. Massive hiring.

PasserOGas
04-02-2018, 07:05 AM
Ladies and Gents,

This. Not working at Jetblue is the best thing to happen to you in a loooong time. Keep those apps hot and contacts close.

Papa Bear
04-02-2018, 10:47 AM
you have to. :D

hey man i get it... But I'm coming from a 135 operator so for me this is going to be a step forward in my career, and I think that once JB gets a contract things will be much better.

You young lady are going to be very happy at Blew Jet. You and your pitiful selfish statement represent everything wrong with our profession and professional culture not only as airline pilots but the white collar work force in America...

JAH0908
04-02-2018, 12:28 PM
You young lady are going to be very happy at Blew Jet. You and your pitiful selfish statement represent everything wrong with our profession and professional culture not only as airline pilots but the white collar work force in America...

Haha, Yeah? How so mama bear?

pilotpayne
04-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Haha, Yeah? How so mama bear?

Yeah I hope he has a good answer.

Papa Bear
04-02-2018, 06:40 PM
Iím tired of seeing pilots not following their SOPs as stated by our Chief pilot and Union. People not wearing and supporting the Unions simple basic instructions. Iím also tired of listening and hearing about new hires in the Q saying ďwell itís better than where I came fromĒ. I definetly donít want to read about it from someone who isnít even on property I am assuming by your post.
We have enough juicers already...
Saying that some place is better than this one during a labor dispute wonít win you any friends on here. I read through these Interview posts (which I shouldnít ) and I see to much of this 💩.
Did you know you can upgrade at Frontier super fast..?Brand new shiny jets and all. Hell FedEx I hear has a fast upgrade.

JAH0908
04-03-2018, 01:43 AM
Iím tired of seeing pilots not following their SOPs as stated by our Chief pilot and Union. People not wearing and supporting the Unions simple basic instructions. Iím also tired of listening and hearing about new hires in the Q saying ďwell itís better than where I came fromĒ. I definetly donít want to read about it from someone who isnít even on property I am assuming by your post.
Saying that some place is better than this one during a labor dispute wonít win you any friends on here. I read through these Interview posts (which I shouldnít ) and I see to much of this 💩.
Did you know you can upgrade at Frontier super fast..?Brand new shiny jets and all. Hell FedEx I hear has a fast upgrade.

I take it mama bear just woke up from hibernation and is cranky!?

oh and it sounds like you know me pretty well... so you're saying I didn't win your friendship? man... I'm so sad... I love making friends with whinny little girls... bummer :rolleyes:

JAH0908
04-03-2018, 01:45 AM
now that I'm done crying over mama bear, can we get back on topic here :D

Bozo the pilot
04-03-2018, 05:25 AM

Sure- Go to a real airline:D

PasserOGas
04-03-2018, 05:26 AM
I take it mama bear just woke up from hibernation and is cranky!?

oh and it sounds like you know me pretty well... so you're saying I didn't win your friendship? man... I'm so sad... I love making friends with whinny little girls... bummer :rolleyes:

You will regret being excited to come here.

hilltopflyer
04-03-2018, 07:45 AM

You can joke all you want but you would be better off going to a regional with a flow than here. Unless things change fast. You would probably see that flow happen before we get a contract.

pilotpayne
04-03-2018, 09:01 AM
You can joke all you want but you would be better off going to a regional with a flow than here. Unless things change fast. You would probably see that flow happen before we get a contract.

How long are the flows?

hilltopflyer
04-03-2018, 10:13 AM
How long are the flows?

My point exactly.... the contract is that far away the way the company is negotiating.

P-3Bubba
04-03-2018, 10:14 AM
Never hang your hat on a "flow". Just like if this was 1999 there would be absolutely NO ONE would say, "yeah, you should go try to work for jetblue that new start up in NYC". Guys are real quick to forget the past history of this diabolical industry. Just like a customer freaking out in his seat in front of the F-ing POLICE people have forgotten 9/11. Short-term memories.

This CBA will arrive and when it does you'll be happy you're here.

-Bubs

cablepilot
04-03-2018, 10:30 AM
Received email for phase 2 complete. No phone call. 2/14 interview.

Icaruss
04-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Received email for phase 2 complete. No phone call. 2/14 interview.

Has anyone else received a phase 2 complete from 2/14?

Taylor0708
04-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Still waiting, congrats cable!!

77Archer
04-03-2018, 04:49 PM
1/31 interview. Got a class date today.

JAH0908
04-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Has anyone else received a phase 2 complete from 2/14?

Nope, still waiting

symbian simian
04-03-2018, 07:37 PM

I feel your pain, but a lot of the people in your situation who complain about (prospective) new-hires wanting to work for JB, cheer for people leaving JB to improve their QOL. What is the difference?

ucsspirit
04-04-2018, 05:52 AM
Looks like I just got the phase 2 complete email this morning.

GuppyPuppy
04-04-2018, 06:03 AM
Looks like I just got the phase 2 complete email this morning.

Welcome.

Enjoy your time here.

Remember, we put the cult in culture.

And..."you have to sacrifice to work here".

GP

Taylor0708
04-04-2018, 06:10 AM
Just got the phase 2 complete!!!

JAH0908
04-04-2018, 08:36 AM
Got the Phase 2 complete email this morning!

RedOverWhite
04-04-2018, 08:38 AM
What class dates are they offering?

JAH0908
04-04-2018, 08:43 AM
What class dates are they offering?

no class date yet, thats next.

Gordie H
04-04-2018, 01:48 PM
Got the Phase 2 complete email this morning!Iíll say ďCongratsĒ and ďWelcomeĒ as Iíd think coming from a 135 op this would be a good career move. Iíd just caution to come with realistic expectations. Movement is slow (few retirements) so getting off reserve could take awhile and upgradesÖwho knows?? You've obviously seen the pay rates, compared to the majors. One great thing is if it doesnít work out for whatever reason, you can leave, anytime, without penalty.

Heads upÖwhen you hit the line youíll fly with a lot of different cats. Not too long ago I flew one trip with a big company guyÖhelping out all over the place (to the point of annoying other work groups), cutting corners to make things happen, etc. I wondered if this guy even knows weíre in a labor dispute? Very next trip flew with someone the extreme polar opposite Ė which was fine except he was also one cold fish Ė to me, the FAs, gate agents, van driver, etc. Now, to be fair I donít know if heís like this because of the labor dispute or if thatís just how he is. Fortunately Iíd say the majority of guys I fly with are somewhere in the middle Ė they generally follow union guidance but are also fine (even great) to fly with.

So Iíd just say wear your lanyard and when you hit the line start to get up to speed on / participate in Alpa stuffÖ.folks will respect that. Sorry Ė more than I intended to write :) Best of luck and if you have any questions on training feel free to PM me

Isaiah4031
04-04-2018, 02:41 PM
Iíll say ďCongratsĒ and ďWelcomeĒ as Iíd think coming from a 135 op this would be a good career move. Iíd just caution to come with realistic expectations. Movement is slow (few retirements) so getting off reserve could take awhile and upgradesÖwho knows?? You've obviously seen the pay rates, compared to the majors. One great thing is if it doesnít work out for whatever reason, you can leave, anytime, without penalty.

Heads upÖwhen you hit the line youíll fly with a lot of different cats. Not too long ago I flew one trip with a big company guyÖhelping out all over the place (to the point of annoying other work groups), cutting corners to make things happen, etc. I wondered if this guy even knows weíre in a labor dispute? Very next trip flew with someone the extreme polar opposite Ė which was fine except he was also one cold fish Ė to me, the FAs, gate agents, van driver, etc. Now, to be fair I donít know if heís like this because of the labor dispute or if thatís just how he is. Fortunately Iíd say the majority of guys I fly with are somewhere in the middle Ė they generally follow union guidance but are also fine (even great) to fly with.

So Iíd just say wear your lanyard and when you hit the line start to get up to speed on / participate in Alpa stuffÖ.folks will respect that. Sorry Ė more than I intended to write :) Best of luck and if you have any questions on training feel free to PM me

Perfect couldn't of said it better !!