Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : On the lighter side...

Inop2
02-13-2018, 08:02 AM
Iím seeing a lot of pens left in the airplane that are not official ďpilot pensĒ. A true pilot pen has the following:

1- is cheap
2- usually has advertising on it
3- click top, no caps!
4- doesnít last long because of #1

Please post any other miscellaneous observations other than a ***** about the company.

BIueSideUp
02-13-2018, 08:07 AM
But for real, who keeps leaving the iPad mounts vertical? Do you even Netflix?

Gooselives
02-13-2018, 08:08 AM
I have been leaving pens in the cockpit since these new fos are unprepared and dont bring one.

Inop2
02-13-2018, 08:11 AM
On overnights Iíve become very wreckless, I been using the ďfacial soapĒ in the shower.

BIueSideUp
02-13-2018, 08:15 AM
I have been leaving pens in the cockpit since these new fos are unprepared and dont bring one.

Iíll have you know I keep a hefty stock of hotel pens in my back oftentimes near 50 strong.... Iím probably the reason we lose hotels.

Squirrel27
02-13-2018, 08:41 AM
But for real, who keeps leaving the iPad mounts vertical? Do you even Netflix?

Vertical is so much better for reading approach plates than horizontal. So much better.

Smutter
02-13-2018, 08:45 AM
Vertical is so much better for reading approach plates than horizontal. So much better.

No! Please, no horizontal is only choice. Vertical at night is like having a 70" tv next to your face!

On another note, I left a pair of glasses in the cockpit the other week, popped of my shoulder harness and they tossed my glasses. Spent the entire leg trying to find them. I really have no clue where the hell they landed

BIueSideUp
02-13-2018, 08:48 AM

Yea it really is. Nearly every other chart is better in horizontal, though. I still debate with myself about which way I actually prefer ha. Most times I get in and itís like that already so I just leave it. I do see some CAs get really bent out of shape about it sometimes and thatís always good for a laugh.

BIueSideUp
02-13-2018, 08:50 AM
No! Please, no horizontal is only choice. Vertical at night is like having a 70" tv next to your face!

On another note, I left a pair of glasses in the cockpit the other week, popped of my shoulder harness and they tossed my glasses. Spent the entire leg trying to find them. I really have no clue where the hell they landed

Night mode and a dark lock screen background should make it bearable either way...

Weíre the glasses lost in a CRJ/145/175?

havick206
02-13-2018, 09:44 AM

Crushed behind the pedals when a good FO returns the seat and pedals to giant status.

E175 Driver
02-13-2018, 09:56 AM
Phone chargers are my fav's. ;)

Smutter
02-13-2018, 10:45 AM
Night mode and a dark lock screen background should make it bearable either way...

Weíre the glasses lost in a CRJ/145/175?

BIueSideUp
02-13-2018, 01:58 PM

Ehh yea, definitely not familiar. If it were a CRJ Iíd agree with the above in that theyíve probably just about become part of the seat assembly by now.

EchoEcho
02-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Does that one former Assistant Chief Pilot heart sack on any of the other fleet types? Or is that just a 145 thing?

bigtime209
02-13-2018, 03:49 PM
Does that one former Assistant Chief Pilot heart sack on any of the other fleet types? Or is that just a 145 thing?

It's made an appearance on the 175. But definitely the most widespread on the 145. Including 145s that other airlines are flying...

EchoEcho
02-13-2018, 04:07 PM
It's made an appearance on the 175. But definitely the most widespread on the 145. Including 145s that other airlines are flying...

Thatís awesome hahahaha

AZPilotMike
02-13-2018, 04:26 PM
Ok clue me in, whatís a ďheartsackĒ? LoL

bigtime209
02-13-2018, 05:10 PM
Ok clue me in, whatís a ďheartsackĒ? LoL

We had an unpopular assistant chief pilot in the office a few years ago. His last name rhymed with sack. Graffiti was found all over the 145 cockpits to the tune of "xxx loves sack". That same graffiti has been discovered in our old planes at other airlines. There have been pilots at XJT and TSA asking guys here "who is xxx and why does he like sack?"

DanRoman
02-13-2018, 07:02 PM
Iíve been seeing a lot of stickers in the caps lately. Iím really curious which pilot is carrying around Tinkerbell and monkey stickers.

Sheg0theD
02-13-2018, 07:31 PM
Iíve been seeing a lot of stickers in the caps lately. Iím really curious which pilot is carrying around Tinkerbell and monkey stickers.

She is a check airmen... any ideas yet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanRoman
02-13-2018, 08:01 PM
She is a check airmen... any ideas yet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aviatrx is this your artwork??

f16jetmech
02-13-2018, 08:03 PM
This thread is gold. Props to the OP

griff312
02-14-2018, 07:06 AM
I like the mouth breathe into a hot mic, to let my FO know that I'm still alive.

pitchattitude
02-14-2018, 07:30 AM
And yet nothing from Hard Lemonade...

EchoEcho
02-14-2018, 08:46 AM
I like the mouth breathe into a hot mic, to let my FO know that I'm still alive.

Great idea!
I like to leave my speaker on extra loud so that we can still hear it after we put the headsets on. That we really donít miss any calls, you know, safety

KodiakRS
02-14-2018, 09:01 AM
Having a noise cancelling headset and flying with a pilot who leaves their hotmic on makes me unbelievably annoyed. I spent several hundred dollars on this thing so I could get some peace and quiet up here but instead I get to listen to your Darth Vader impersonation all day long.

On a different note. Tall Embraer pilots, is there a position that you can sit in which keeps the other pilot from bashing your knee in with the ailerons without having to do the awkward control column leg hug thing?

griff312
02-14-2018, 11:06 AM
Having a noise cancelling headset and flying with a pilot who leaves their hotmic on makes me unbelievably annoyed. I spent several hundred dollars on this thing so I could get some peace and quiet up here but instead I get to listen to your Darth Vader impersonation all day long.

You're welcome...!

pitchattitude
02-14-2018, 11:07 AM

Yes. Those that use the communal headsets without the mic covers. I canít believe the number of guys that donít have their own headset. Yes, it is one more thing to carry, but even with the wipes, I prefer not to have someone elseís mic against my mouth. And the noise canceling is nice to have.

highfarfast
02-14-2018, 11:19 AM

Man, what a waist of money...

griff312
02-14-2018, 11:23 AM
Great idea!
I like to leave my speaker on extra loud so that we can still hear it after we put the headsets on. That we really donít miss any calls, you know, safety

I do everything that the company expects me to do. So since the HI6-Bot sends out the automatic generated quarterly message that passengers complain that they are not getting enough info from the flight crews; I blast a thundering loud, long winded PA during the middle of our super early kickoff flights. I make sure to explain every boring feature that we will be flying over, especially since they can't see them during the black of night. Then I go on to explain how much experience I have, compared to my FO. Delta will be proud of me!

AZPilotMike
02-14-2018, 04:46 PM
Yes. Those that use the communal headsets without the mic covers. I canít believe the number of guys that donít have their own headset. Yes, it is one more thing to carry, but even with the wipes, I prefer not to have someone elseís mic against my mouth. And the noise canceling is nice to have.
Yeah I have to agree. It grosses me out just having to wrap up the communal headsets when someone leaves them in place.

Inop2
02-14-2018, 05:38 PM
On hotel overnights......why do I take the shower cap when know one in my family wears one? BTW- I have accumulated a very impressive collection of hotel soap and conditioner! The lotion ....well.....that never makes it out of the room.

EchoEcho
02-14-2018, 06:32 PM
I do everything that the company expects me to do. So since the HI6-Bot sends out the automatic generated quarterly message that passengers complain that they are not getting enough info from the flight crews; I blast a thundering loud, long winded PA during the middle of our super early kickoff flights. I make sure to explain every boring feature that we will be flying over, especially since they can't see them during the black of night. Then I go on to explain how much experience I have, compared to my FO. Delta will be proud of me!

I thought I was the only one that did that!
I took the online training that they offer to FAís so that I can advertise the credit card over the PA. Plus itís $25 per app you submit. Thereís your Endeavor pay raise right there people!

Inop2
02-14-2018, 06:52 PM
....when youíre arriving at your overnight hotel.... at midnight....or say.....leaving at 4 am, has the thought of not slamming the hotel room door ever crossed your mind? Lol....itís ridiculous...wham.....wham....wham....wham.

Azorian
02-14-2018, 11:18 PM
I once stayed at a hotel on an overnight, there was a group of 4 or 5 folks in the next room when i arrived, door open, drinking beers, music kinda loud, cutting up being somewhat raucous.

They saw me arrive at my room. and one of them even mentioned that "this guy is gonna need sleep so we need to keep it down."

they didnt... as the night wore on the woke me up numerous times, paper thin walls, music, laughing, beer bottles clanking into the trash this went on until about 3am.

My 430 wakeup call came super early and by then they had all apparently gone to sleep. so i got showered and dressed, set the alarm clock on the night stand for 5:30 am, turned the volume knob to full and wedged the alarm between the side table and the wall with the speaker facing the wall. and checked out

obviously, i wasnt around to see how that went when the thing started wailing "beep beep beep beep!"

...but id like to think it caused them a considerable amount of annoyance.

TransWorld
02-15-2018, 06:26 AM
You sir, are great. My hats off to you!

Inop2
02-15-2018, 06:48 AM
I once stayed at a hotel on an overnight, there was a group of 4 or 5 folks in the next room when i arrived, door open, drinking beers, music kinda loud, cutting up being somewhat raucous.

They saw me arrive at my room. and one of them even mentioned that "this guy is gonna need sleep so we need to keep it down."

they didnt... as the night wore on the woke me up numerous times, paper thin walls, music, laughing, beer bottles clanking into the trash this went on until about 3am.

My 430 wakeup call came super early and by then they had all apparently gone to sleep. so i got showered and dressed, set the alarm clock on the night stand for 5:30 am, turned the volume knob to full and wedged the alarm between the side table and the wall with the speaker facing the wall. and checked out

obviously, i wasnt around to see how that went when the thing started wailing "beep beep beep beep!"

Beautiful work!! Thatís a keeper.

DanRoman
02-15-2018, 07:39 AM

Dilly dilly!