Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Commute from BNA

Monkman615
02-13-2018, 09:04 AM
So I have tried to look in a few of the previous posts to find this and just canít so if this was talked about and Iím bringing it up again I apologize. I am looking at applying and switching over from the 91/135 on demand world but I am going to have to commute to whichever junior base Iím at. Iíve have tried to look and I just canít find much out about how easy it is to commute with RAH or any type of commuter policy. Any help or experiences you all have commuting with them would be a help. I will be commuting from Nashville.

TheWeatherman
02-13-2018, 09:54 AM
There is no commuter policy at RAH. We have several flights that go in and out of BNA daily so commuting should be pretty easy as you will get jumpseat priority on those flights.

4V14T0R
02-13-2018, 10:22 AM
There is no commuter policy at RAH. We have several flights that go in and out of BNA daily so commuting should be pretty easy as you will get jumpseat priority on those flights.

This is wrong, we absolutely have a commuter policy. You must list on two available flights within 2800 nm straight line to get you there in time for your show. This can be used 4 times in a rolling 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4V14T0R
02-13-2018, 10:24 AM
So I have tried to look in a few of the previous posts to find this and just canít so if this was talked about and Iím bringing it up again I apologize. I am looking at applying and switching over from the 91/135 on demand world but I am going to have to commute to whichever junior base Iím at. Iíve have tried to look and I just canít find much out about how easy it is to commute with RAH or any type of commuter policy. Any help or experiences you all have commuting with them would be a help. I will be commuting from Nashville.

Being a commuter is a lifestyle. The more varied options you have spread throughout the day the better. The more on youíre own metal, even better.

TheWeatherman
02-13-2018, 10:27 AM
This is wrong, we absolutely have a commuter policy. You must list on two available flights within 2800 nm straight line to get you there in time for your show. This can be used 4 times in a rolling 12 months.

I stand corrected. I thought I heard there wasn't when people were complaining about the new TA but then again I haven't had to commute yet so probably wasn't paying attention closely.

stringandrudder
02-13-2018, 10:36 AM
I stand corrected. I thought I heard there wasn't when people were complaining about the new TA but then again I haven't had to commute yet so probably wasn't paying attention closely.

It helps if people read what theyíre voting on!

TheWeatherman
02-13-2018, 10:39 AM
It helps if people read what theyíre voting on!
I wasn't allowed to vote on this one :(

4V14T0R
02-13-2018, 10:43 AM

The new policy is an improvement on the old one. It just couldíve been much better if there were hotels provided like other airlines do. It also wouldíve been nice to see a 2nd option positive space commute like EDV got, but not sure if the codeshares wouldíve allowed that.

stringandrudder
02-14-2018, 05:46 AM
The new policy is an improvement on the old one. It just couldíve been much better if there were hotels provided like other airlines do. It also wouldíve been nice to see a 2nd option positive space commute like EDV got, but not sure if the codeshares wouldíve allowed that.

We are now one of the only regionals that don't offer unlimited commuter clause without penalty to their pilots. Hell even PSA FA's have that.

4V14T0R
02-14-2018, 06:08 AM
We are now one of the only regionals that don't offer unlimited commuter clause without penalty to their pilots. Hell even PSA FA's have that.

Source?

knewyork
02-14-2018, 07:58 AM
Unlimited? How would that work? What you have no accountability to get to work?

Monkman615
02-14-2018, 08:07 AM
Thanks for all the replies. That answered some questions for sure

stringandrudder
02-14-2018, 07:01 PM

A lack of accountability to get to work implies that the system is completely under your control. Last time I checked, flights are now being sold with basic economy fares and are more oversold than ever. Expressjet has had an unlimited commuter policy for many years now - a ďlimited,Ē number of times they could list only 1 flight prior to showtime without penalty, and an UNLIMITED amount of times without penalty. Trans states, PSA both have UNLIMITED commuter clauses assuming you list for at least two flights prior to showtime. This is not new stuff. It works. People want to work, believe it or not, but canít always make it because of the system. This is exactly why endeavor implemented a system similar to Deltaís which promotes working by ACTUALLY GETTING YOU THERE.

TangoIndiaMike1
02-16-2018, 10:44 PM
I canít comment on flight loads but go to https://www.google.com/flights and type BNA and the airports you wouldnít mind being based at.

Set it to non stop

Click Monday and see how many flights a day there are.
Then Tuesday then Wednesday- Sunday.

Then set it to +1 stops and see how many two leg flights there are.

ZapBrannigan
02-18-2018, 03:31 AM

Youíre accountable to the bank when you pay your mortgage. Nobody wants to lose the pay because they miss a commute.