Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Benefits Package

khos13
02-13-2018, 01:22 PM
Hello, I am ,looking for information on TSA's Benefits package. I know I will get a good overview of them when I go to INDOC but I am hoping to be able to look over the medical/dental plan, 401K etc before I get there.
Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Big Windy
03-26-2018, 01:09 AM
I would like to know this information as well. Particularly, what medical insurance cost is like. Any new FO's feel like sharing their net paycheck information? How often do you get paid? I'm leaning towards TSA and would like some of this information for planning purposes and to see how things like union dues affect each paycheck.

JuniorFO
03-27-2018, 05:53 AM
If you want great benefits and the 145 go to XJT. My buddy says they cover nearly 90% of his healthcare costs. He also is getting 401k 6% match (100%) plus an additional 6% through his 401k B defined contribution. Plus a new 5 year extension with United and adding more 145s in from the desert, he says it's pretty good over there right now. No backups in training,being all in house training, so you will be on the line quick.

JuniorFO
03-27-2018, 05:58 AM
May be good also to research these things before you commit to go somewhere (healthcare, retirement, etc.). I think there is also a training contract if you want your bonus at TSA. No contracts at XJT.

m20cmark21
03-27-2018, 06:21 AM
May be good also to research these things before you commit to go somewhere (healthcare, retirement, etc.). I think there is also a training contract if you want your bonus at TSA. No contracts at XJT.

You are wrong. No contracts at TSA, the bonus is just paid out along a timeline which is public information on the website. TSA 401k match is as follows:

Pilot's Years of Service:
After 9 months and through 2 years, Company Matching Percentage 50% match up to 4% (2%)
Beginning of Year 3 through 6 years, 50% match up to 6% (3%)
Beginning of Year 7 +, 50% match up to 8% (4%)

At TSA line holders receive a 4.25 Min Day pay credit for any day worked, I believe that is far above XJT. Please stop spreading mis-information on our thread.

Big Windy
03-27-2018, 08:04 AM

Hence the reason I asked the questions.

I'm not interested in XJT due to domiciles.

No Lies
03-27-2018, 06:03 PM
May be good also to research these things before you commit to go somewhere..... No contracts at XJT.

Correction, there is a 2004 contract at XJT. Just a little outdated.

Now that the XJT guy is done, lets get back to the TSA thread.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1