Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Just heard from JB

wxman1959
02-14-2018, 07:02 AM
Will have my first interview Friday for a FRMS position.

Been with Jeppesen for 21 years doing crew scheduling/tracking software so I know the regs (121/117) very well, and I understand how FRMS software works; so from a technical standpoint I feel comfortable.

Any suggestions out there?

I dont want to come-in change a culture, just enhance it to make it safer (first) and more efficient (second) ... I hope that is the right attitude.

GuppyPuppy
02-14-2018, 07:13 AM
What's an FRMS position?

I looked in the Kama Sutra, but couldn't find it.:D

GP

coopervane
02-14-2018, 07:14 AM
As long as you come off as someone who “hates those lazy conniving pilots” you will be fine.

Seriously, just keep perspective. The atmosphere at corporate is toxic toward us. We are not the devil. I can honestly say I just DONT see pilots abusing the fatigue policy. Does it happen? Sure. Just not as much as corporate thinks. Everyone here just wants to work, be paid for our worth, and go home......that’s it.

For Every story you hear about some pilot “fatiguing out” a trip while everyone is doing the eye roll there are countless times where we go beyond and no one ever knows.

Good luck. Don’t drink too much blue juice.

PasserOGas
02-14-2018, 07:50 AM
As long as you come off as someone who ďhates those lazy conniving pilotsĒ you will be fine.

Seriously, just keep perspective. The atmosphere at corporate is toxic toward us. We are not the devil. I can honestly say I just DONT see pilots abusing the fatigue policy. Does it happen? Sure. Just not as much as corporate thinks. Everyone here just wants to work, be paid for our worth, and go home......thatís it.

For Every story you hear about some pilot ďfatiguing outĒ a trip while everyone is doing the eye roll there are countless times where we go beyond and no one ever knows.

Good luck. Donít drink too much blue juice.

I should call out fatigued on 30% of my pairings, but don't. I bet this is common.

rightside02
02-14-2018, 10:54 AM
Regardless of your background and experience get a interview prep company to help your prepare . Sure you could get by without it (posaibly) or maybe not . It's what these guys do. They're great folks and well well well with the few hundred bucks for a job you really want .

I used Caige consulting personally for 2 airlines , but many of the others are great .
Best of luck

txbusdriver
02-16-2018, 10:56 AM
Run Forrest run!!!

say again
02-16-2018, 11:12 AM
Another ****ing useless JB thread? Just do a little research on here, if in fact you did get a call. You'll get plenty of info, opinions on whats going on.

slimothy
02-16-2018, 11:15 AM
Another ****ing useless JB thread? Just do a little research on here, if in fact you did get a call. You'll get plenty of info, opinions on whats going on.

You know you donít have to read all of the threads, right?

say again
02-16-2018, 11:37 AM
You know you donít have to read all of the threads, right?

Wow, thanks! I had no idea. I guess we do need multiple threads stating the same thing over and over again. Maybe this thread will finally be the one to convince people that our management is against us and things are falling downhill fast. Who knows...

Bluedriver
02-16-2018, 12:23 PM
Wow, thanks! I had no idea. I guess we do need multiple threads stating the same thing over and over again. Maybe this thread will finally be the one to convince people that our management is against us and things are falling downhill fast. Who knows...

You're very negative.

slimothy
02-16-2018, 12:28 PM

All Iím saying is that if we jump eveybodyís Sh!t when they come here to ask a question and donít feel compelled or have time to weed through thousands of pages of various threads to find it, itís not our ELT that looks like a bunch of d!cks. If people keep asking the same question, Iím sure that there will be people willing to keep answering. No need to feel compelled to chime in at all.

HighFlight
02-16-2018, 05:32 PM
I just Blue milk outta my nose!!

You're very negative.

pilotpayne
02-16-2018, 05:34 PM
In that guyís defense he is not interviewing for a pilot job if I am reading it right. So it would be a little different.

queue
02-17-2018, 05:08 AM

JB chooses to make it a hostile and negative work environment. JB pilots are just normal people reacting normally to abnormal conditions. People need to know the truth.

hyperboy
02-17-2018, 03:20 PM
JB chooses to make it a hostile and negative work environment. JB pilots are just normal people reacting normally to abnormal conditions. People need to know the truth.

Your truth does not mean its the truth......

Final Clear
02-17-2018, 04:03 PM

Non-disclosure agreements mandated by jetblue during negotiation settelements make sure that the truth never sees the light of day.

Hey jetblue...FUPM,

FC

atrdriver
02-17-2018, 04:16 PM

#keepsgettingbetter

It keeps getting so much better that 700+ ****ed off pilots surrounded Corp HQ a couple weeks ago. (Of course the APC company apologists were nowhere to be found.)

slimothy
02-17-2018, 04:32 PM
#keepsgettingbetter

It keeps getting so much better that 700+ ****ed off pilots surrounded Corp HQ a couple weeks ago. (Of course the APC company apologists were nowhere to be found.)

HB was there. Heís a complicated dude, but he supports our union.

PasserOGas
02-17-2018, 05:10 PM

He isn't complicated, he is inconsistent and suffers from cognitive dissonance.

BeatNavy
02-17-2018, 06:11 PM

I know he supports and volunteers for the union, and a singular event doesnít make/break oneís support, but he had other matters to tend to. I have no doubt he will be at the next one.

slimothy
02-17-2018, 07:50 PM
I know he supports and volunteers for the union, and a singular event doesnít make/break oneís support, but he had other matters to tend to. I have no doubt he will be at the next one.

I thought he was there, but if he wasnít I have no doubt he had a legit reason. I too had other matters that required my attention that day.

queue
02-18-2018, 04:25 AM
Non-disclosure agreements mandated by jetblue during negotiation settelements make sure that the truth never sees the light of day.

Hey jetblue...FUPM,

FC

Mandated how? By contract? In order for a contract such as a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to be legally binding, both parties must agree to it without duress of influence (e.g. sign or get fired). So, assuming itís a contract, who on our side signed it??

I would hate to find out we have shot ourselves in the face by signing more contracts that take away our natural rights. For example, a PEA that might as well not exist because it ends in arbitration, which forgoes our ability to due process.

queue
02-18-2018, 04:35 AM

I donít know HB but yes, things can be complex. For example, I support ALPA but I think their record of accomplishment is subpar and unacceptable. 3 years+ for any contract is unacceptable. This literally should take a month. I accept no excuses or false choices/arguments on the matter. I donít care about status quo. No one has ever convinced me that it needs to take so long. Itís all a function of political will. Iím very knowledgeable of RLA constraints but one has to ask why ALPA hasnít attacked the constraints of the RLA since day 1.

Speaking of... you never have to sit idle waiting for ALPA to do things. You can always act on your own or as a group. For example, we could be flooding the inboxes of our elected public servants to cause change to the RLA to force a 1 month time limit.

Final Clear
02-18-2018, 06:20 AM
I donít know HB but yes, things can be complex. For example, I support ALPA but I think their record of accomplishment is subpar and unacceptable. 3 years+ for any contract is unacceptable. This literally should take a month. I accept no excuses or false choices/arguments on the matter. I donít care about status quo. No one has ever convinced me that it needs to take so long. Itís all a function of political will. Iím very knowledgeable of RLA constraints but one has to ask why ALPA hasnít attacked the constraints of the RLA since day 1.

Speaking of... you never have to sit idle waiting for ALPA to do things. You can always act on your own or as a group. For example, we could be flooding the inboxes of our elected public servants to cause change to the RLA to force a 1 month time limit.

My MEC speaks for me...

FC

atrdriver
02-19-2018, 03:17 PM
I thought he was there, but if he wasnít I have no doubt he had a legit reason. I too had other matters that required my attention that day.

...If you consider a legit reason to rather be at pilot interviews in Orlando to help out the company's recruitment. (not making a judgment......I know you have no doubt it's a legit reason).

hyperboy
02-19-2018, 03:51 PM
...If you consider a legit reason to rather be at pilot interviews in Orlando to help out the company's recruitment. (not making a judgment......I know you have no doubt it's a legit reason).

AS were many other ALPA volunteers. Our work does not stop in support of our fellow Pilots no matter if they are on the property yet or not. We take care of our ALPA JetBlue brothers and sisters, something you may not realize.

You can also call me whenever you want. I PM'd you my name and phone number. I am an open book. Man up and call me. Nothing to hide.

I can speak for myself ATR Driver. Thanks for looking out for me though.........

pilotpayne
02-19-2018, 05:27 PM
AS were many other ALPA volunteers. Our work does not stop in support of our fellow Pilots no matter if they are on the property yet or not. We take care of our ALPA JetBlue brothers and sisters, something you may not realize.

You can also call me whenever you want. I PM'd you my name and phone number. I am an open book. Man up and call me. Nothing to hide.

I can speak for myself ATR Driver. Thanks for looking out for me though.........

That wouldnít be any fun itís easier to anonymously throw rocks at people.

slimothy
02-19-2018, 06:56 PM

If it werenít for HB Iíd still be at a regional on 3rd year pay, living paycheck to paycheck, so yeah, I cut him some slack when it comes to helping guys get out of that situation. Iíd rather be at JB updating apps than at a shrinking regional updating apps.

Rascal
02-20-2018, 06:49 AM
If it werenít for HB Iíd still be at a regional on 3rd year pay, living paycheck to paycheck, so yeah, I cut him some slack when it comes to helping guys get out of that situation. Iíd rather be at JB updating apps than at a shrinking regional updating apps.

That's exactly what I thought when I left for JetBlue over 2 years ago but it ended up being a mistake.

I still have not caught up paywise when you factor the lost income during the first 2 years. If I stayed at my regional I would have been a part of CPP with a projected class date a real Major little over a year from now.

In the last 2 years almost every single person from my class is still here even though great majority of them have their apps out. Meanwhile most of my friends that I left behind at my old regional are at real Majors. Call me a conspiracist but for one reason another real Majors prefer to hire from regionals than JetBlue.

slimothy
02-20-2018, 07:05 AM
That's exactly what I thought when I left for JetBlue over 2 years ago but it ended up being a mistake.

I still have not caught up paywise when you factor the lost income during the first 2 years. If I stayed at my regional I would have been a part of CPP with a projected class date a real Major little over a year from now.

In the last 2 years almost every single person from my class is still here even though great majority of them have their apps out. Meanwhile most of my friends that I left behind at my old regional are at real Majors. Call me a conspiracist but for one reason another real Majors prefer to hire from regionals than JetBlue.

I was first year at my regional, before they started raising 1st year pay and giving bonuses. First year at JB, as pathetic as the pay was, was still double what I was making at the regional. And I am way above that now, sounds like you and have been here about the same amount of time.

All but 1 member of my class is still here, and Iím inclined to believe the same conspiracy theory you allude to. People keep telling me how much DAL loves mil guys, and that they canít believe Iím not getting a call. Yeah, I canít believe it either, but whatever.

I am far from a company apologist or a juicer, but I decided to be a d!ck to HB on here, not realizing I had provided enough personal information in my posts to make it easy for people who know me to identify me (not just HB). He called me out in a PM, and I had a nice moment of self reflection about being an Internet badass. Heís a good dude, who wants good things to happen for this group, even if I donít ageee with all of his methods and statements.

hyperboy
02-20-2018, 07:11 AM

Not sure that notion has any legs to stand on? Why would the majors eat their own feeds? In your argument: Why would you eat your young or the neighbors young while weight watchers camp always starts tomorrow. Just makes no sense especially considering the current industry. I know it feels good to say.

Many of the majors claim they ONLY hire pilots with tons of PIC time and a space shuttle landing. I think if you ACTUALLY see who they are hiring its shows an almost opposite picture?.....

slimothy
02-20-2018, 07:16 AM
Not sure that notion has any legs to stand on? Why would the majors eat their own feeds? In your argument: Why would you eat your young or the neighbors young while weight watchers came always starts tomorrow. Just makes no sense especially considering the current industry. I know it feels good to say.

Many of the majors claim they ONLY hire pilots with tons of PIC time and a space shuttle landing. I think if you ACTUALLY see who they are hiring its shows an almost opposite picture?.....

We discussed this briefly in OSC last week. I donít know why it would be, but it appears to be whatís happening. Iím not sure the member of my class who moved on had any TPIC, she came from the same regional I did, and was an FO there. Iíve got 1500 mil ME TPIC, more than none, but not a ton. Looking at my buddies who went straight to DAL/UAL, Iím in the sweet spot, mil wise. Crickets.

pilotpayne
02-20-2018, 08:17 AM
You guys make me laugh.
You are trying to apply logic to airline hiring. How long have you guys been around and why are you shocked?Hiring is at the whim of HR. You can sit there and say I have this that or this but this guy got hired. Thatís right that is how it works. I literally got the job here because the guy who jumpseated with us pulled the names for the interview. I didnít even have a app in but I just ran into the right person at the right time and I fly with FOs that applied 3,4,5,6 times. Is it fair nope but itís the airline game.

The other thing is I thought the theory was Delta was going to hire our pilots to hurt us, thatís not happening.

Honestly ask HB about who hires who if you actually want an answer and not what you think it should be. He could probably tell you since he lives in that world.

slimothy
02-20-2018, 08:36 AM
You guys make me laugh.
You are trying to apply logic to airline hiring. How long have you guys been around and why are you shocked?Hiring is at the whim of HR. You can sit there and say I have this that or this but this guy got hired. Thatís right that is how it works. I literally got the job here because the guy who jumpseated with us pulled the names for the interview. I didnít even have a app in but I just ran into the right person at the right time and I fly with FOs that applied 3,4,5,6 times. Is it fair nope but itís the airline game.

The other thing is I thought the theory was Delta was going to hire our pilots to hurt us, thatís not happening.

Honestly ask HB about who hires who if you actually want an answer and not what you think it should be. He could probably tell you since he lives in that world.

Thats why its called a "conspiracy THEORY." I absolutely thought DAL would try to hire us into extinction when we started messing with ATL and MSP again, didn't happen, which is one thing that promotes the theory in my mind. Obviously airline hiring is pure black magic, which is why we instinctively try to make sense of it, futile as those efforts might be. As I said, HB and I did discuss it, face to face last week, he is also confounded as to why I haven't gotten the call I so desperately seek, or at least thats what he said, maybe he knows and was sparing my feelings.

pilotpayne
02-20-2018, 09:31 AM
Thats why its called a "conspiracy THEORY." I absolutely thought DAL would try to hire us into extinction when we started messing with ATL and MSP again, didn't happen, which is one thing that promotes the theory in my mind. Obviously airline hiring is pure black magic, which is why we instinctively try to make sense of it, futile as those efforts might be. As I said, HB and I did discuss it, face to face last week, he is also confounded as to why I haven't gotten the call I so desperately seek, or at least thats what he said, maybe he knows and was sparing my feelings.

Delta would rather flood Boston with flights right now.
While I know people would never leave the regionals to come here you could in much smaller way hire guys just from delta connection carriers. So is that really a game you want to get into or maybe they donít want us to go down maybe itís better to compete against us vs SWA. Somebody would fill the void. Who knows why but yes they could do it and it wouldnít be hard. So there must be a reason why they donít.

Above was just an example. It is noted that regionals guys donít want to come here their lives are better as a delta connection pilot and so on. There we can save ourselves a little time.

slimothy
02-20-2018, 09:36 AM
Delta would rather flood Boston with flights right now.
While I know people would never leave the regionals to come here you could in much smaller way hire guys just from delta connection carriers. So is that really a game you want to get into or maybe they donít want us to go down maybe itís better to compete against us vs SWA. Somebody would fill the void. Who knows why but yes they could do it and it wouldnít be hard. So there must be a reason why they donít.

Above was just an example. It is noted that regionals guys donít want to come here their lives are better as a delta connection pilot and so on. There we can save ourselves a little time.

Putting somebody elseís words in my mouth. I never said people wouldnít leave a regional for JB. You should stick to telling me that itís an East Coast airline, so it supposed to suck for LGB guys.

Xtreme87
02-20-2018, 09:46 AM
Putting somebody elseís words in my mouth. I never said people wouldnít leave a regional for JB. You should stick to telling me that itís an East Coast airline, so it supposed to suck for LGB guys.

What is LGB and how do you get there?

slimothy
02-20-2018, 09:59 AM

SWA flies there, thatís probably the best way to get there.

pilotpayne
02-20-2018, 10:18 AM
Putting somebody else’s words in my mouth. I never said people wouldn’t leave a regional for JB. You should stick to telling me that it’s an East Coast airline, so it supposed to suck for LGB guys.

Relax man.
I did not say you or your name and I didn’t even quote you.
I just know what would be coming next in the discussion.

Also could you tell me where I said it should suck for lgb guys I would love to see it. Now who is putting words in someone’s mouth. (And it is an east coast airline)

I’m pretty to the point and have no problem sharing my opinions
Also since this type of post annoys me, when I did get something wrong about what you were saying in another thread I admitted I was wrong. See below. It was oddly enough an apology to you.

I’m sorry man I missed that other guys post (and no it’s not because of my zeal to defend Blue) I apologize I see you were just answering his question.
My bad.
Unfortunately I am very aware of or reserve issues but I did that to myself.
Payne

So no slim it wasn’t aimed at you

GuppyPuppy
02-20-2018, 10:19 AM

LGB is a lifestyle. Some say it's a choice, others say people are born that way.

If you choose to follow the LGB lifestyle then you're at the right airline.

GP

slimothy
02-20-2018, 10:27 AM
Relax man.
I did not say you or your name and I didnít even quote you.
I just know what would be coming next in the discussion.

Also could you tell me where I said it should suck for lgb guys I would love to see it. Now who is putting words in someoneís mouth. (And it is an east coast airline)

Iím pretty to the point and have no problem sharing my opinions
Also since this type of post annoys me, when I did get something wrong about what you were saying in another thread I admitted I was wrong. See below. It was oddly enough an apology to you.

So no slim it wasnít aimed at you

You most certainly did quote me. Your response to me on multiple occaissions when Iíve registered complaints about the failure of JB to expand on the West Coast has been ďthis is an east coast airline, you should have known that coming in,Ē so while I paraphrased, Iíd say I captured the sentiment. I remember the apology, I appreciated it then, as I do now, and would like to think I d have had the same respect to do likewise weíre the roles reversed. In this case, I believe they are not. Lastly, no need for me to relax. Iím calmer than you are. Drinking my coffee.

pilotpayne
02-20-2018, 10:47 AM
You most certainly did quote me. Your response to me on multiple occaissions when I’ve registered complaints about the failure of JB to expand on the West Coast has been “this is an east coast airline, you should have known that coming in,” so while I paraphrased, I’d say I captured the sentiment. I remember the apology, I appreciated it then, as I do now, and would like to think I d have had the same respect to do likewise we’re the roles reversed. In this case, I believe they are not. Lastly, no need for me to relax. I’m calmer than you are. Drinking my coffee.

You are right I did quote you. Again I was wrong that’s 2 I owe you.
I am obviously suffering from reading comprehension issues.(among other things :))
Anyway my point about regional guys not wanting to come here was not specifically for you just a general statement because that would be what some on here would say.

But to your LGB thing in no way do I want it to suck for you guys.
BUT I do stand by my point of what jetblue is. It would be the same if I was at ALK and wanting them to grow jfk after the virgin merger.
I’m a big fan of know what you are getting into. I’m not trying to be harsh just realistic. To be very honest with you I would not be shocked in the slightest to see LGB shrink even more. We are playing with SWA out there and those flights are some of the lowest yielding. Add to that the issues with the airport and I bet jetblue moves some of the fleet elsewhere. That is just a guess. Due to miscalculations from the past with LAX vs LGB and our failure to merege with VA I think most focus will simply be east south and over the pond. But again just an opinion.
Trust me super senior guys are out in LGB so it does me no good to have them come out this way.

slimothy
02-20-2018, 11:12 AM
You are right I did quote you. Again I was wrong thatís 2 I owe you.
I am obviously suffering from reading comprehension issues.(among other things :))
Anyway my point about regional guys not wanting to come here was not specifically for you just a general statement because that would be what some on here would say.

BUT I do stand by my point of what jetblue is. It would be the same if I was at ALK and wanting them to grow jfk after the virgin merger.
Iím a big fan of know what you are getting into. Iím not trying to be harsh just realistic. To be very honest with you I would not be shocked in the slightest to see LGB shrink even more. We are playing with SWA out there and those flights are some of the lowest yielding. Add to that the issues with the airport and I bet jetblue moves some of the fleet elsewhere. That is just a guess. Due to miscalculations from the past with LAX vs LGB and our failure to merege with VA I think most focus will simply be east south and over the pond. But again just an opinion.
Trust me super senior guys are out in LGB so it does me no good to have them come out this way.

You owe me nothing, bud. Itís all good. Iím more of ďlearn things the hard wayĒ type of guy.

aldonite7667
02-20-2018, 11:48 AM
You owe me nothing, bud. Itís all good. Iím more of ďlearn things the hard wayĒ type of guy.

My dad always said, ď if youíre not going to be smart, youíd better be toughĒ.

Now I work at Jetblue. Youíd think Iíd learn. :-)

Combatcraig
02-20-2018, 12:31 PM

Been here less than 2yrs. 3 of my classmates have gone to Delta from here! Time to get my app together since obviously JB is going to milk this CBA out as long as possible. Stupid me for buying into their ďcultureĒ pitch and assuming this would have been wrapped up long before meow... I wanted to believe this was a good company and they lived by the same values they preach. Not the case. Profits seem to matter WAY more here.

HighFlight
02-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Trying to understand your post... does this mean you are neither smart nor tough? :cool:

My dad always said, ď if youíre not going to be smart, youíd better be toughĒ.

Now I work at Jetblue. Youíd think Iíd learn. :-)

say again
02-20-2018, 12:46 PM
Trying to understand your post... does this mean you are neither smart nor tough? :cool:

That's how I read it! :D Can't have it all...

queue
02-20-2018, 12:52 PM
You are right I did quote you. Again I was wrong that’s 2 I owe you.

I’m a big fan of know what you are getting into. I’m not trying to be harsh just realistic. To be very honest with you I would not be shocked in the slightest to see LGB shrink even more. We are playing with SWA out there and those flights are some of the lowest yielding. Add to that the issues with the airport and I bet jetblue moves some of the fleet elsewhere. That is just a guess. Due to miscalculations from the past with LAX vs LGB and our failure to merege with VA I think most focus will simply be east south and over the pond. But again just an opinion.

I've never liked this "we're an east coast airline" mantra. Amazon was just a rubber dog crap mail order company in the beginning, then they started selling books, then audio books, then proprietary tablets, then cloud services, then they made movies (and shows like Grand Tour), then they eclipsed Walmart & Target, then they created Alexa (although I hate it), then they started their own aircraft delivery services! I sincerely hope that JB's electric airplane venture works out for us. While I think Bonnie is the wrong person to put in charge of JB Technology Ventures, I personally believe that innovation is absolutely necessary for us.

JB has a good product with A321s and Mint. Even the core package is superior to competitors (LiveTV, WiFi, seat space) particularly at the same price points. Even though I hate them using PR against us to drive down wages, their PR is second to none in terms of getting customers. All the feel good fake/simulated "culture" crap is important to building a brand and getting customers (again, not in the context of us).

So, if JB wanted to become a serious competitor to the legacies and SWA, they could. They *could* go to EU and blow away the competition with Mint (at that price point). If they paid us at least SWA wages, we could improve our domestic network and give SWA serious competition in a better airplane. Of course, I would demand more for international operations.

slimothy
02-20-2018, 01:14 PM

Iím pretty sure the saying is ďif youíre going to be DUMB, you gotta be tough.Ē

say again
02-20-2018, 01:30 PM
Iím pretty sure the saying is ďif youíre going to be DUMB, you gotta be tough.Ē

Yeah, we got that part. Then he stated, "Now I work at Jetblue. Youíd think Iíd learn. :-)." Implying he's not smart nor tough? :p Joking around man..

slimothy
02-20-2018, 01:47 PM
Yeah, we got that part. Then he stated, "Now I work at Jetblue. Youíd think Iíd learn. :-)." Implying he's not smart nor tough? :p Joking around man..

Iím starting to lose track of who is joking and who is ridiculous. Sorry.

pilotpayne
02-20-2018, 01:58 PM
I've never liked this "we're an east coast airline" mantra. Amazon was just a rubber dog crap mail order company in the beginning, then they started selling books, then audio books, then proprietary tablets, then cloud services, then they made movies (and shows like Grand Tour), then they eclipsed Walmart & Target, then they created Alexa (although I hate it), then they started their own aircraft delivery services! I sincerely hope that JB's electric airplane venture works out for us. While I think Bonnie is the wrong person to put in charge of JB Technology Ventures, I personally believe that innovation is absolutely necessary for us.

JB has a good product with A321s and Mint. Even the core package is superior to competitors (LiveTV, WiFi, seat space) particularly at the same price points. Even though I hate them using PR against us to drive down wages, their PR is second to none in terms of getting customers. All the feel good fake/simulated "culture" crap is important to building a brand and getting customers (again, not in the context of us).

So, if JB wanted to become a serious competitor to the legacies and SWA, they could. They *could* go to EU and blow away the competition with Mint (at that price point). If they paid us at least SWA wages, we could improve our domestic network and give SWA serious competition in a better airplane. Of course, I would demand more for international operations.

I agree the only thing is where will you grow in the West?
The other thing is the company is doing fine without a major west operation so why try to match SWA in a bloodbath when you can do other things that make money.

I know we all have our why donít they fly here or there but itís hard to argue when they are doing well (yes most airlines are).
The yields on LGB stuff are not good so why keep fighting it out when you could use that plane elsewhere to make money.

We are an east coast airline thatís why the 321lr could work for us.
Our major hubs are on the East in a perfect location for such an operation. My guess was the VA merger was our last best hope for a major West Coast operation. ALK being smart saw what was coming and made sure it didnít happen.

I guess we will see soon......maybe

PasserOGas
02-20-2018, 03:13 PM
Not sure that notion has any legs to stand on? Why would the majors eat their own feeds? In your argument: Why would you eat your young or the neighbors young while weight watchers camp always starts tomorrow. Just makes no sense especially considering the current industry. I know it feels good to say.

I have noticed this too. Prior mil. No calls, friends called with lower quals on paper. Job fairs, references, no luck. I think there is some sort of stink on this place.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1