Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Transition from Ramp to FO?

JimJones
02-19-2018, 05:56 PM
I’m currently taking a year leave from my ramp position to get 1500 hours as a cii/cfii. Do we have any ramp or customer service agents that have made to the transition to FO? What was the hiring process like? Do vacation and 401k benefits start over as a first year employee? I assume you get the top seniority of your hire class. Just curious what the whole process was like. Thanks!

rickair7777
02-19-2018, 06:38 PM
You should retain longevity for vacay and travel priority.

Not sure about 401k, since pilots have a different match scale than other employees.

Not sure about seniority in class, they might give that to cadets or XJT graduates before you.

amcnd
02-19-2018, 06:40 PM
SWOL>HUB>SkyWest Pro program. Lots of info there.

word302
02-19-2018, 08:07 PM
You should retain longevity for vacay and travel priority.

Not sure about 401k, since pilots have a different match scale than other employees.

Not sure about seniority in class, they might give that to cadets or XJT graduates before you.

Prior employees go senior to cadets. Everything goes by original hire date.

ImPilot I Fly
02-20-2018, 06:32 PM
I don’t know about that. One my buddies was a previous employee and he was right in the middle of our class.

amcnd
02-20-2018, 06:35 PM
I don’t know about that. One my buddies was a previous employee and he was right in the middle of our class.

Key word “previous”. If your on a leave, pro program, LOA, ect and still “employed”. You will be at the top..

JimJones
02-20-2018, 07:28 PM
Appreciate the responses. The info on SWOL is pretty vague on everything except the actual LOA rules. The class seniority isn’t that big of deal to me, but starting over 401k and vacation accrual at year one would hurt.

amcnd
02-20-2018, 07:39 PM
Appreciate the responses. The info on SWOL is pretty vague on everything except the actual LOA rules. The class seniority isn’t that big of deal to me, but starting over 401k and vacation accrual at year one would hurt.

As long as you have no gap in employment with OO you will keep your benefits DOH from ramp..

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1