Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : jetBlue University new VP

ShyGuy
02-20-2018, 04:50 PM
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180220006646/en/JetBlue-Appoints-Steve-Forte-Vice-President-JetBlue

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/ah-bee/emoticons/italiamac_puking.gif

Flyby1206
02-20-2018, 05:10 PM
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180220006646/en/JetBlue-Appoints-Steve-Forte-Vice-President-JetBlue

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/ah-bee/emoticons/italiamac_puking.gif

What's the skinny on this guy Shy? Typical ladder climber? He didn't have the right stuff for Alaska?

CaptYoda
02-20-2018, 05:15 PM
Well it seems like he had the right stuff for UAL if he spent 30 years there as a line pilot and then as VP Flight Ops.

ShyGuy
02-20-2018, 06:29 PM
Not too impressed. VX had a 'United guy bringin in a United guy' syndrome. SF was the COO/DO. Seemed like a nice guy but from the stories I heard inside, wasn't a pilots kinda guy especially when it came to pilot problem/issues. AS wasn't going to have him, neither the other United guy VP Flt Ops (BT) so both were gone at or before SOC date.

seekingblue
02-20-2018, 07:15 PM
More ex UAL guys on board.

You know what that mean.......

Announcement on the 15th

(Sarcasm)

av8trup2late
02-20-2018, 09:57 PM
Former COO for Virgin America now here at JB? I give a year, maybe two til AS n JB announce plans to merge. Just too many coincidences.

If it walks like a duck,...

Bluedriver
02-21-2018, 05:40 AM
Former COO for Virgin America now here at JB? I give a year, maybe two til AS n JB announce plans to merge. Just too many coincidences.

If it walks like a duck,...

Or.... Maybe the guy was out of a job, has experience at a real airline and our operations almost literally couldn't get ANY WORSE???

I wonder if this new guy has any experience with operations or training programs that involve crossing large bodies of water, or even oceans, that may involve landings on a different continent than the departure gate?

queue
02-21-2018, 05:59 AM
Great... another MBA who hasn't done anything but manage (no innovation). I bet he is groomed to be CEO.

Bluedriver
02-21-2018, 06:06 AM
Great... another MBA who hasn't done anything but manage (no innovation). I bet he is groomed to be CEO.

While, I agree to a point, it looks like he was a CEO of a company that innovated RNAV tech. I might have read that wrong though, go easy on me here.

My bigger point, is at this point I struggle to see how someone could do a worse job than our current CEO. And to be honest I had high hopes for the current one over the last. So far, NOT impressed.

That could change if all the balls in the air right now land in the right places and we finally have some VISION and a credible PLAN for the future of this company. And contract. And operational excellence. And CBA. And ATC. And a contract!

Combatcraig
02-21-2018, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=Bluedriver;2533509
That could change if all the balls in the air right now land in the right places and we finally have some VISION and a credible PLAN for the future of this company. And contract. And operational excellence. And CBA. And ATC. And a contract![/QUOTE]

Plan? Vision? Is there one?! I seriously have NO idea wtf this company’s vision is! Do they??!! Seems so just be status quo and slow growth?

Bluedriver
02-21-2018, 10:12 AM
Plan? Vision? Is there one?! I seriously have NO idea wtf this company’s vision is! Do they??!! Seems so just be status quo and slow growth?

You and I agree completely.

atrdriver
02-21-2018, 10:12 AM
While, I agree to a point, it looks like he was a CEO of a company that innovated RNAV tech. I might have read that wrong though, go easy on me here.

He was brought into that company to prep it for a sale.

Bluedriver
02-21-2018, 10:18 AM
He was brought into that company to prep it for a sale.

Good! We can hope!

pilotpayne
02-21-2018, 10:40 AM
Good! We can hope!

So the VP of JBU was brought in to sell the place.
Kind of an odd position to put him in don’t you think.

aldonite7667
02-21-2018, 10:48 AM

But, but... we may go to Europe.... and we may get the c series.... and we may grow the lodge. This management team is All talk.

Bluedriver
02-21-2018, 11:10 AM
So the VP of JBU was brought in to sell the place.
Kind of an odd position to put him in don’t you think.

Yeah, I said hope.......

N311JB
02-21-2018, 11:23 AM

Does a slumlord have a vision? Does a pimp have a vision? Does a bookie have a vision? Point is B6 is here to milk every penny no matter how they do it

NFLUALNFL
02-21-2018, 11:27 AM
What's the skinny on this guy Shy? Typical ladder climber? He didn't have the right stuff for Alaska?

Ask this question over on the UA page.. Good luck to you:rolleyes:

fireman0174
02-21-2018, 11:51 AM
I wonder if this new guy has any experience with operations or training programs that involve crossing large bodies of water, or even oceans, that may involve landings on a different continent than the departure gate?

He has lots of experience in those arenas.

I've known Steve since he was a new-hire DC-8 S/O at UAL. In fact, I fondly remember a 3am DC-8F freighter trip with him and one of my favorite Captains.

We all brought in special food and had "four star DC-8F cuisine" from JFK-SFO. This was “served”on a special table that the Captain made that fit quite precisely between the two pilot seat arm rests.

We had special cheeses, French onion soup, and delicacies that Steve bought from the Jersey shore. Not bad for a 3am cargo liner!

Steve also did my route qualification from London to New Delhi and back.

He also was the VP(?) of our training center for a period of time

Bluedriver
02-21-2018, 12:23 PM

I've known Steve since he was a new-hire DC-8 S/O at UAL. In fact, I fondly remember a 3am DC-8F freighter trip with him and one of my favorite Captains.

We all brought in special food and had "four star DC-8F cuisine" from JFK-SFO. This was “served”on a special table that the Captain made that fit quite precisely between the two pilot seat arm rests.

We had special cheeses, French onion soup, and delicacies that Steve bought from the Jersey shore. Not bad for a 3am cargo liner!

Good info. I read his bio so my question was more tongue in cheek because of current JB events.

Combatcraig
02-21-2018, 12:43 PM
Does a slumlord have a vision? Does a pimp have a vision? Does a bookie have a vision? Point is B6 is here to milk every penny no matter how they do it

Lmao! The blue shoe fits-we are wearing it!

Rickce7
02-21-2018, 02:23 PM

Sounds like an overachiever. . . .we fear those.

pilotpayne
02-21-2018, 05:01 PM
Sounds like an overachiever. . . .we fear those.

Can we just get the answers back in the qdls please.

airb320
02-23-2018, 07:09 AM
Useless, describes this Character!
My Kids can accomplish more than that guy😉
Hahaha, overachiever... funny... not him😂

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1