Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : SAP(eh)

WesternSkies
02-20-2018, 05:43 PM
This latest gross misrepresentation of the pilot group may even get attention from Chip and Crew.
While I am against ALPA and really enjoy OO, nobody appreciates being voiceless especially when you can see others with a voice.
What is the company paying SAPA for when they have done nothing but agitate this pilot group for the last year? Attracting new hires is important while we are all still playing musical chairs. New hires have their fingers on the pulse of what is happening at all the carriers.
The student council needs to meet in the principal’s office.

trip
02-20-2018, 06:49 PM
This giant middle finger came straight from the top, via RJ.
What a joke this place has become, sad really.

Check Complete
02-20-2018, 07:13 PM
Yes, things are steadily getting worse and there is nothing that shows an improvement.

If you are at SkyWest, immediately work on an exit plan.

If you are not at SkyWest, plan on working somewhere else.

ConnectionPilot
02-20-2018, 09:08 PM
You guys are showing you really have no idea what happened today or how bylaw changes work. Don't muddy the water any more than it already is. Yup, gross misrepresentation ONLY if you think this is the end of the road for this proposal. In that case, the door is wide open and plenty of other places are hiring who have this already rule in place...

word302
02-20-2018, 11:15 PM
This giant middle finger came straight from the top, via RJ.
What a joke this place has become, sad really.

Did RJ comment on this fiasco?

ZippyTWS
02-21-2018, 05:32 AM
I'm outta the loop on this one, what was done?

WesternSkies
02-21-2018, 06:09 AM
You guys are showing you really have no idea what happened today or how bylaw changes work. Don't muddy the water any more than it already is. Yup, gross misrepresentation ONLY if you think this is the end of the road for this proposal. In that case, the door is wide open and plenty of other places are hiring who have this already rule in place...

YOU have no idea what this pilot group feels if YOU think this sentiment from pilot group stems from the content of the proposal alone.

You (SAPA) don’t understand communication, cooperation or representation and are completely disjointed.

Maybe listen to the 20% who take their time to voice their opinion and the other 80% will actually see reason to click the links.

Check Complete
02-21-2018, 06:40 AM
YOU have no idea what this pilot group feels if YOU think this sentiment from pilot group stems from the content of the proposal alone.

You (SAPA) don’t understand communication, cooperation or representation and are completely disjointed.

Maybe listen to the 20% who take their time to voice their opinion and the other 80% will actually see reason to click the links.

Perfect assessment, while there are some reps that in there digging, remember who's at the helm and where he's paid from!

Thus, nothing's going to change!

amcnd
02-21-2018, 07:16 AM
Perfect assessment, while there are some reps that in there digging, remember who's at the helm and where he's paid from!

Thus, nothing's going to change!

I find it funny RJ was one of the Alpa drive peopleast alla drive.. And was very very vocal back then. And now. Crickets...... we need everyone to fill out surveys 20% response is horible... as soon as this pilot group got over 2000 pilots things started to drift. And participation went way down l...

Is offline
02-21-2018, 08:14 AM
I think it’s comical that the exucitive board thinks our **** poor pay package was the reason republic and endeavor got raises. That shows they have no clue.

rickair7777
02-21-2018, 08:44 AM
I think it’s comical that the exucitive board thinks our **** poor pay package was the reason republic and endeavor got raises. That shows they have no clue.

Or they think you have no clue...

rickair7777
02-21-2018, 08:46 AM
I find it funny RJ was one of the Alpa drive peopleast alla drive.. And was very very vocal back then. And now. Crickets...... we need everyone to fill out surveys 20% response is horible... as soon as this pilot group got over 2000 pilots things started to drift. And participation went way down l...

I think he would prefer to be the SKW ALPA MEC Chair. But he probably concluded that's not happening.

velosnow
02-21-2018, 09:14 AM
Ooh what's the latest now? I mean, I probably shouldn't care anymore but I did work hard to help the cause before I left.

nopantsILS
02-21-2018, 10:35 AM
Reps voted down a proposal to limit pay package voting to new pilots.

One went rogue and posted the results of a pilot group survey that found 90% were in favor, basically making it sound like they flagrantly ignored the pilot group. Actually, his message instructed pilots to contact their rep and let it be known.

FB melts down.

It sounds like the group could not agree on when the restriction should be removed, not that there should be one in the first place.

The timing and initial commentary caused confusion and now reps are posting threats to reduce the already pathetic level of communication to the pilot group. EB is silent, per usual. It's actually nice to see so many care, not since the water bottle memo have I seen this level of participation as mis directed as it may be.

Just another day at SkyWest Airlines. TFAYD. CF, dumpster fire.

velosnow
02-21-2018, 12:41 PM
Reps voted down a proposal to limit pay package voting to new pilots.

Still confused I guess, they were voting to no longer allow probationary pilots to vote?

Bravix
02-21-2018, 02:49 PM
Still confused I guess, they were voting to no longer allow probationary pilots to vote?

Bascially, yes. At least 2 needed to vote no for it to fail, and apparently at least 2 did. Unsure exactly how many or who. It will go back to vote and require 2/3 yes next time.

A survey was created by SAPA and sent to the pilot group a while back, the results of which they only viewed AFTER the vote.

That said, even without the survey, if they were in touch with the pilot group in the very least, they would have known how to vote.

hawk21
02-21-2018, 03:09 PM
Got a phone call from my buddy that contacted several SAPA reps. My understanding is SAPA was completely aware MR developed that survey and when he was ready to give the results he was basically given the middle finger.

When is RJ's term up? He seems insanely out of touch lately.

Mooneycfi
02-21-2018, 03:48 PM
RJ only cares about his ego, has nothing to do with helping the pilot group. If we go union he should not be apart of it. He and sapa pushed the TA through. He is even proud of it. The guy should not be in any leadership role.

When was the last time captain pay was raised, in what year? (1% pay increase does not count, doesn't even come close to inflation)

trip
02-21-2018, 03:52 PM

Yes. After the last disaster of a pay package sailed through an amendment was proposed to prevent new hires from voting on pay (the last package was sold hard in newhire ground and sims.)
One rep conducted a survey in which 89% of pilots that responded voted in support of an amendment to prevent probies from partaking in a pay proposal vote.
SAPA reps decided against not viewing the survey results for fear of being influenced!!
SAPA reps vote down the amendment.
SAPA leadership goes silent after FB and company forum blow up.
Another day, another 50c in RJ land.

WesternSkies
02-21-2018, 03:59 PM
Did a SAPA rep really suggest physical violence or a “throw down” with some forum posters?!?

What. The. Hell

hawk21
02-21-2018, 04:38 PM
Did a SAPA rep really suggest physical violence or a “throw down” with some forum posters?!?

What. The. Hell

What did I miss?

word302
02-21-2018, 04:38 PM

What. The. Hell

No. He threatened less communication. As if that weren't already happening.

Utah
02-21-2018, 04:47 PM
I kind of get the feeling that if MR hadn't done what he had this whole new hire voting thing would have been left to die.

All these guys run for office saying they're going to do something and something was finally done.

word302
02-21-2018, 04:49 PM
I kind of get the feeling that if MR hadn't done what he had this whole new hire voting thing would have been left to die.

Yeah I don't fault him, but something ain't adding up with the story.

hawk21
02-21-2018, 04:50 PM
Yeah I don't fault him, but something ain't adding up with the story.

Because there's more to the story.

WesternSkies
02-21-2018, 05:00 PM
No. He threatened less communication. As if that weren't already happening.

That was different rep! Multiple poor showings.
He’s had to have deleted it by now.
M.M. was the rep

amcnd
02-21-2018, 05:07 PM
Im confused.. now they say the poll was “unofficial” and not approved by the Reps?...

ConnectionPilot
02-21-2018, 05:07 PM
If you want the truth here it is...

If you weren't at the meeting, don't comment. You don't know what happened.

MR put out a bylaw amendment. He was not at the meeting. The group wanted to make changes, but MR was not at the meeting for input. He still wanted to put it up for a vote. It got voted down. Let me be clear, this proposal was not well written. There were so many loop holes and not enough information covered, that the group wanted to make changes. MR said no, because then it would have to be put up for another 14 days for the pilot group to see it. Regardless of what ANY poll said, the proposal was not written in the way it should have been, to protect the pilot group. So it was voted down. Now, we are working forward on a NEW PROPOSAL to put up for a vote in the April meeting.

Carry on...

trip
02-21-2018, 05:25 PM

Spoken like a current SAPA rep!
HTF are we supposed to know what's happening when there is zero communication???
Oh yeah, there's the two reps commenting on the company site and one on FB, all unofficial of course.

SAPA IMO is becoming a huge liability for the company, as in doing irrepairable damage to moral with such ineffective and unprofessional representation.

velosnow
02-21-2018, 05:32 PM
Ah gotcha, yeah probies shouldn't be allowed to vote. Several of us were quite vocal back when that changed, sadly it fell on deaf ears.

Is offline
02-21-2018, 06:00 PM

MR put out a bylaw amendment. He was not at the meeting. The group wanted to make changes, but MR was not at the meeting for input. He still wanted to put it up for a vote. It got voted down. Let me be clear, this proposal was not well written. There were so many loop holes and not enough information covered, that the group wanted to make changes. MR said no, because then it would have to be put up for another 14 days for the pilot group to see it. Regardless of what ANY poll said, the proposal was not written in the way it should have been, to protect the pilot group. So it was voted down. Now, we are working forward on a NEW PROPOSAL to put up for a vote in the April meeting.

Carry on...

So this they want iron clad wording but the rest of the ppm they are fine with?

WesternSkies
02-21-2018, 06:59 PM

Nailed it.

word302
02-21-2018, 07:47 PM
Because there's more to the story.

No. He basically was telling 2 very different stories, and then deleted the thread.

word302
02-21-2018, 07:50 PM

Carry on...

How hard can it be. Nobody votes until their 1 year anniversary. Print it. Quit trying to out think yourselves. This doesn't have to be rocket science.

word302
02-21-2018, 07:51 PM

This right here. SMH

hawk21
02-22-2018, 08:31 AM
No. He basically was telling 2 very different stories, and then deleted the thread.

No, there's more to the story that didn't make it to Facebook.

word302
02-22-2018, 12:12 PM
No, there's more to the story that didn't make it to Facebook.

I’m sure there is, but that doesn’t discount that there was some shade thrown by MR.

WesternSkies
03-07-2018, 03:38 PM
I read that SAPA screwed the pooch again and now something is amiss with Reserve Bid For Days Off and Proffering?

I have no idea what they are talking about. Explain it to me like I’m 5.

N1234
03-07-2018, 03:50 PM
I read that SAPA screwed the pooch again and now something is amiss with Reserve Bid For Days Off and Proffering?

I have no idea what they are talking about. Explain it to me like I’m 5.

Old world: CS could only call you during RAP. 9a RAP = no show before 11a.

New world: you get a trip assigned regardless of you actually proffering or not. Email is considered notified. Hello 5a show time on a RAP 9a day ....

WesternSkies
03-07-2018, 04:30 PM
Old world: CS could only call you during RAP. 9a RAP = no show before 11a.

New world: you get a trip assigned regardless of you actually proffering or not. Email is considered notified. Hello 5a show time on a RAP 9a day ....

What. The. Hell

COME ON SAPA!
Zac goes back to the line meow. Thanks

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1