Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Who is on board?

BuckeyeFO
02-21-2018, 01:31 PM
https://www.change.org/p/bradley-d-tilden-change-alaska-airlines-name-to-virgin-america

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/qATiy6LZw6Qp47txTKcujcv1eSM/fit-in/1024x1024/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2016/04/05/802/n/1922441/0562f5ee3e70bcc6_4606686594_980d5bfeed_o/i/All-Virgin-America-planes-have-pretty-crazy-names.jpg

RadarColor
02-21-2018, 01:33 PM
Find a hobby.

BuckeyeFO
02-21-2018, 01:35 PM
https://preview.ibb.co/g76aAx/Screen_Shot_2018_02_21_at_5_32_24_PM.png (https://ibb.co/net0cc)

So glad I'll never have to fly with this guy.

Jetlife
02-21-2018, 02:10 PM
Haha yesss

echelon
02-21-2018, 02:18 PM
https://preview.ibb.co/g76aAx/Screen_Shot_2018_02_21_at_5_32_24_PM.png (https://ibb.co/net0cc)

So glad I'll never have to fly with this guy.

Lol. So, BuckeyeFO, you wouldn't happen to be the guy from APIF with all the OSU bull#### all over his profile would you?

Jesus dude at least do a better job censoring the name on that screenshot

pete2800
02-21-2018, 02:25 PM
I clicked on your link, and a pop-up happened that said good old Dick Branson needs my help. I'm pretty sure he doesn't.

Meanwhile I'm awaiting my shipment of "hired not acquired" bag tags.

Just kidding. I'm not. :D

Oh, and Ohio State sucks. Wolverines!

Riverside
02-21-2018, 04:14 PM
https://www.change.org/p/bradley-d-tilden-change-alaska-airlines-name-to-virgin-america

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/qATiy6LZw6Qp47txTKcujcv1eSM/fit-in/1024x1024/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2016/04/05/802/n/1922441/0562f5ee3e70bcc6_4606686594_980d5bfeed_o/i/All-Virgin-America-planes-have-pretty-crazy-names.jpg

I'm going to miss the crimson tide colors.

OCCP
02-21-2018, 06:56 PM
That Mr Rogers toolbag is a complete idiot, about what I expect from a military good old boy with no 121 experience besides Alaska. Having said that, Iím not onboard with a name change, who cares if the virgin brand goes away. Alaska has a chance to come out of their Seattle bubble and really shine if they can pull their head out of their as$.

barondrvr
02-22-2018, 01:24 AM
This is just a guy from Columbus who moved on from Netjets a year ago to SW. For whatever reason, he's bored and wants to troll. I lived there for 5 years at the regionals when he was probably in middle school. I get it. Ohio State football is the pinnacle of life. Until the season is over and you have to live in the flat plains of Ohio with gray slush and overcast skies.

Continue trolling my friend

Foodstamps
02-27-2018, 11:31 AM
That Mr Rogers toolbag is a complete idiot, about what I expect from a military good old boy with no 121 experience besides Alaska. Having said that, Iím not onboard with a name change, who cares if the virgin brand goes away. Alaska has a chance to come out of their Seattle bubble and really shine if they can pull their head out of their as$.

I bet Tom Rogers is a real boner to fly with...

ShyGuy
02-27-2018, 05:37 PM
A little tasteless to post publicly here what was on a private FB group visible only to current AS/VX pilots.

Moose
03-03-2018, 07:37 PM
Tom is a good dude and Iím sure you would enjoy flying with him. The old guys just get a little bent over the Alaskan thing. No big deal. But if you met him youíd like him.

I bet Tom Rogers is a real boner to fly with...

Fr8Thrust
03-07-2018, 12:14 AM
VirLaska and Red Alaska are great calsigns too, keep it up! 👹

barondrvr
03-08-2018, 12:48 AM
A little tasteless to post publicly here what was on a private FB group visible only to current AS/VX pilots.

Out of all people, you've got to be joking right?

ShyGuy
03-08-2018, 07:21 AM
Out of all people, you've got to be joking right?

No joke, the guys at Alyeska forums made a reference to that post by BuckeyeFO and that it violates ROE and should be removed.

waterboy
03-12-2018, 01:46 PM

While I somewhat agree, he put it on facebook. Private group or not, you canít get mad it made it to a public medium. Itís social media. Nothing is safe

Baradium
03-12-2018, 06:36 PM
While I somewhat agree, he put it on facebook. Private group or not, you canít get mad it made it to a public medium. Itís social media. Nothing is safe

From a private company specific group? I imagine if they find out who he is he's subject to being removed the group itself. I'm actually more surprised you're saying not to be upset at the troll who is choosing to remain anonymous while outing someone else in public regarding what was said in a private company specific group.

Jetlife
03-12-2018, 06:45 PM
From a private company specific group? I imagine if they find out who he is he's subject to being removed the group itself. I'm actually more surprised you're saying not to be upset at the troll who is choosing to remain anonymous while outing someone else in public regarding what was said in a private company specific group.

There is a reason that group isn't named Alaska, it is because the airline sued to get it taken down because it is not an official company forum. No sensitive or company specific information was shared.

Baradium
03-12-2018, 06:51 PM
There is a reason that group isn't named Alaska, it is because the airline sued to get it taken down because it is not an official company forum. No sensitive or company specific information was shared.

Got it, you consider your private company specific forums public domain. Glad that we don't feel that way at my company.

Jetlife
03-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Got it, you consider your private company specific forums public domain. Glad that we don't feel that way at my company.

I didnít say that. I said it isnít an official company forum and it isnít sensitive information.

waterboy
03-13-2018, 08:35 AM

Yes. From a private company specific group ON Facebook. I canít defend the person that posted it either. It was a dirtbag move. But I was just responding to shyguy about how you canít expect 100% privacy from Facebook. Private group or not.

airb320
03-13-2018, 04:58 PM
If you post things on Forums, FB, Instagram etc. itís public info...
If you donít want your thoughts/ideas etc. out there then donít post it, period!

Baradium
03-13-2018, 08:53 PM
Yes. From a private company specific group ON Facebook. I canít defend the person that posted it either. It was a dirtbag move. But I was just responding to shyguy about how you canít expect 100% privacy from Facebook. Private group or not.

Ok, I'll agree with that. You can't guarantee privacy, but it's still socially unacceptable to be the one doing the outing and we should maintain that standard is my position.

Sike
03-15-2018, 03:11 PM
I think a re-branding, incorporating neither of the names, is in order. I dunno, maybe Pacific Northwest with a callsign of Rainier or Olympic. Also, a new livery featuring elements of the region. I know, it sounds too much like Frontier.

TransWorld
03-15-2018, 06:03 PM
I think a re-branding, incorporating neither of the names, is in order. I dunno, maybe Pacific Northwest with a callsign of Rainier or Olympic. Also, a new livery featuring elements of the region. I know, it sounds too much like Frontier.

Good out of the box thinking. They will never adopt it.

Certainly better than my idea of Frigid Eskimo.

echelon
03-16-2018, 06:50 AM

We already have our rebrand, it's blue suits with brown shoes and leather jackets.

jetzzz
03-16-2018, 01:21 PM
When does the window open? Also do I get to choose to fly bus or the boeing? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShyGuy
03-16-2018, 03:34 PM
What re brand? Itís obvious now that AS only bought VX to stop jetblue from buying us, to fight against Delta in SEA and United in California, gain quick access to large presence at SF and LA, and to eliminate VX as a competitor. As the dust is settling, they are painting all the planes and making one new uniform interior, pulling off Airbuses on traditional Airbus routes, and redeploying them where they see fit. In other words literally nothing named ĎVirginí survives, nor does any of its route network, interiors, service, etc.

They did not buy us because VX was popular, or semi-successful, or customers loved them, or insert any other reason. Just about every airline that was California based was bought out and name killer. PSA. Jet America. Air Cal. Virgin. I donít know why anyone would want the Virgin name to go forward. It was always about selling an image while paying its employees well below industry standard in order to do so.

airb320
03-16-2018, 04:42 PM
What re brand? Itís obvious now that AS only bought VX to stop jetblue from buying us, to fight against Delta in SEA and United in California, gain quick access to large presence at SF and LA, and to eliminate VX as a competitor. As the dust is settling, they are painting all the planes and making one new uniform interior, pulling off Airbuses on traditional Airbus routes, and redeploying them where they see fit. In other words literally nothing named ĎVirginí survives, nor does any of its route network, interiors, service, etc.

They did not buy us because VX was popular, or semi-successful, or customers loved them, or insert any other reason. Just about every airline that was California based was bought out and name killer. PSA. Jet America. Air Cal. Virgin. I donít know why anyone would want the Virgin name to go forward. It was always about selling an image while paying its employees well below industry standard in order to do so.

Duuhh, Man you are quick to catch on😂

Going2Baja
03-19-2018, 10:47 AM
When does the window open? Also do I get to choose to fly bus or the boeing? Thanks

I'm guessing not for a while. Rumor on the street is not accepting apps and classes canceled until they can figure out what they're doing. Apply to DAL and fly the Buss, Boeing, or the new CS. You can also get them in Wide Body should you so choose.

Baja.

Scoop
03-19-2018, 10:55 AM
Thanks for dragging Delta into your internecine squabbles. FWIW - after a while we hardly notice the sticks up our butts. :D

Scoop

ShyGuy
03-19-2018, 11:11 AM
I'm guessing not for a while. Rumor on the street is not accepting apps and classes canceled until they can figure out what they're doing. Apply to DAL and fly the Buss, Boeing, or the new CS. You can also get them in Wide Body should you so choose.

Baja.

Yes, because itís that easy to get an interview at Delta.

jetzzz
03-20-2018, 06:54 AM
When does the new window open? Also whats the changw getting JFK base flying buses?
Thanks

flysnoopy76
03-20-2018, 09:49 AM
If the window opens again, I wouldnít expect any new hires going to the airbus based on what the company has said.

Ispeakjive
03-23-2018, 06:21 PM
Thanks for dragging Delta into your internecine squabbles. FWIW - after a while we hardly notice the sticks up our butts. :D

Scoop
Had to look up "internecine". You're definitely a Delta guy.