Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : SAN Seniority

Flightsoffusion
02-22-2018, 07:55 AM
Have heard so many responses to this. Is it junior, senior? Obtainable out of training? I understand it's dynamic. Just trying to get a feel for what's in the future. Not even concerned about how long reserve. Thank you

NewGuy01
02-22-2018, 08:02 AM
Id say obtainable out of training. I think there is more flying coming from AS. Could be wrong.

Regardless Id plan on spending 3-6 months at ORD on reserve before moving back West.

Plan on the worst hope for the best and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surfpilot1414
02-22-2018, 08:04 AM
According to the website the most Jr FO Was hired 10/17. I think I read on here somewhere that it was easy to get to it but long reserve times.

Flightsoffusion
02-22-2018, 08:05 AM
Id say obtainable out of training. I think there is more flying coming from AS. Could be wrong.

Regardless Id plan on spending 3-6 months at ORD on reserve before moving back West.

Plan on the worst hope for the best and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate that. Thank you..

nopantsILS
02-22-2018, 08:12 AM
It has been said that some of the new AK aircraft are coming to SAN. This is supported by the CA buildup over the past few months. However, the FO's have been overstaffed..high % reserve compliment. Is that buffer enough to absorb the growth? Who knows.

Brand new base and an increasing AK fleet, everything is fluid. I would guess that it's possible within a few months of being online but all that could change with the ORD buildup into the summer. 36 CA's out to ORD this month alone, sooner or later NH pilots will end up serving an ORD sentence instead of getting BOI or SAN during IOE. Every class has a high % of pilots looking to get West. The longer you wait the greater the chance you get stuck in ORD.

Utah
02-22-2018, 08:28 AM
I thought I read that two more AS 175s are showing up in SAN in a month or so.

Approximately 68 crews there now.

Flightsoffusion
02-22-2018, 09:44 AM
All good replies. Thank you