Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Flexjet: One year in

jasmine
02-23-2018, 12:05 PM
I just passed my 1 year mark at FJ and I thought I would post what I thought about my employment so far and maybe help answer any questions for those thinking about coming to FJ.

Interview:
The interview is a 3 part process:
-1 Skype interview
-2 Panel interview at HQ in CLE.
For the most part this interview is low key with a little good cop/bad cop sprinkled in. Nothing technical.
During the interview they tell you that you'll make $63K a year and that you get to keep the cash back that you get on purchases made on your company credit card. Both are incorrect.
-3 Sim ride and another interview in DAL with on one or two of the CPs. This is the sniff test and a little less formal. You go into a CL300 sim, do a SID, ILS to a missed, land. Engine failure after rotation, ILS to a full stop landing. You aren't expected to know the callouts or systems. They just want to see your stick and rudder skills.
After about a week you receive a conditional offer.
The company pays for all airfare and hotels although during both of my in person interviews, FJ did not have direct billing set up for the hotels so I ended up paying out of pocket.
For the most part, the interviews are low stress and the company is good at making sure you know what you're getting yourself into. Unless you've done this kind of job before, its hard to know what that entails though.

Indoc is in Dallas and is your garden variety basic indoc.
Ground school is dependent on what a/c you get. As of now and the foreseeable future, all new hires are going into the Phenom. Everyone seems to hate that plane and they can't fill the seats so naturally thats where they stick the new hires.

One thing to keep in mind is you only get paid for 16 days while in training. So you're working for free for over half of your training.

OE is good and is your typical OE. You get 4 hours to see where the fuel cap and paper towels are and then you're off and running.

The Union:
This is a big issue. Being a new hire at FJ is like dating a freshly divorced person. You have to weather all the negative, constant change, bad blood and the dastardly significant other.
The union blames the company. The company uses the excuse of the union and the contract as a reason not to make positive changes to policy and the union issue has split the pilot group like the north and south of the civil war.
KR has vowed to fight the Teamsters to the bitter end and vice versa with the union. Its a big fat mess that is only starting and will get much, much worse.
(For whats its worth, I do think that Flexjet needs a union. Otherwise, you're giving all the power to one guy who can do whatever he wants to his employees. Thats too much power for my taste).
As an example of the bitterness of the union issue, the head of the Red Label program sends out a weekly email. Without question, the email states how we are a big family but then bashes the FO guys and holds no blows when it comes to his opinion about the union. It gets old really fast.

A typical rotation:
The company has a "14 and 10" policy. You work a solid 14 hours and then you have 10 hours of rest. When your duty day starts, you are expected to be at the FBO at your start time regardless of when your flight departs. You get 30 minutes after you land to clean and put away the plane and then your 10 hours of rest starts.
Ex: Your duty day starts 05:00 and ends at 18:59. Your rest starts at 19:00 and ends at 05:00. Even if you have 8 hours of scheduled flight starting at 11:00, your are expected to show up at the fbo at 05:00 and sit. This policy is exhausting and starting at day 2, you're really feeling it. Its a senseless and dangerous policy which is a disservice to our owners who are expecting and pay for fresh and safe crews.
I have personally been woke up during cruise flight by the other pilot snoring in my ear which happens often.
Unlike an airline where your main duty is the flying, not only do we fly a ton, we clean toilets, cabins, carpets, cupboards, take off and put on freezable stock, put in gear pins and pitot covers, shop for stock, make sure the paxs catering is what they ordered and onboard plus a million other things.
MX seems to be amazing here. Its rare to fly with an open MEL and the company addresses mx issues quickly.
You can order a crew meal for every leg if you want. It doesn't mean you'll get the meal or what you order but they try. You also get one dinner on the company dime at day which is nice if you have the time and energy to use it.
Hotels here suck. Holiday Inn Express is the go to hotel. The company will send you 10 miles out of the way to put you in a dumpy hotel if it saves them a buck.

Red Label:
Ask 5 different guys what RL is and you'll get 5 different answers. As far as I can tell, RL or Non-RL, you do the exact same thing. There is no difference in who you fly and for F/O's, you fly whatever tail they happen to stick you on.
The guys who are on the RL program make a lot more money, make their own schedule and seem to have a better all around qol.
They should do this for all the crews.
RL seems to be a way to reward those pilots who may be more loyal to the company while getting more money out of the owners who get the same basic product as everyone else.

Aside from the super lame 14 and 10 policy, the uniform is my personal pet peeve about my employment. We were told (and it seems true) that KR and his wife, (both who are really into fashion) designed the uniform and it's only function is to be fashionable. The shirt is ok, but being grey, you have to get them from the company source and they're pretty damn cheap. Also, being grey, any kind of moisture, sweat, water, whatever shows until dry.
The pants, the pants are satan's gift to aviation. They are very thin, skinny pants with ZERO space for your bum and junk. If you think about spreading your legs or bending down, the crouch will split. So most guys order their pants 5 sizes too large so they don't rip so easy but then you're pulling your pants up 1000 times a day because the waist is too big. I'm not sure how they do it, but the pants are awesome at untucking your shirt.
I cannot say enough how awful these pants are.

I have to give our Chief Pilots a shoutout. JD seems to be one of the best CPs I've ever had. Most of the other flight managers seem to be good dudes too.

So after a year here, I would give Flexjet 2.5 out of 5 stars.
Pluses for feeding their crews, good mx and paying you on time.
Minuses for the tumultuous union environment, the seriously fatiguing duty and rest policy and the asinine uniform which you spend 14 hours day in.

If I'm being honest, in today's environment, I'm not really sure why anyone would come to FJ or what FJ has to offer over other companies.
Upgrades are crazy long and with the integration of both the Flight Options and Flexjet's seniority lists, the upgrade is forget about it long.
You'll make more money just about anywhere else then here.
At an airline, you just fly the airplane. Here you fly the airplane, clean the toilets, take care of rich people and a hundred other things.
If I was someone looking to change companies, I'd go to a regional or major airline. If the airlines aren't up your alley, I'd go to a place like Travel Management Company, which is a terrible company but at least you'd make more money and upgrade within months.

If anyone has any questions about the interview or life in general, I'll do my best to help you out.

Archy Meatpants
02-23-2018, 02:05 PM
Very thorough and informative. If I may ask some additional...

-You said $63k the first year was a lie. What was on your 2017 W2? Any bonuses included?
-How many hours did you block?
-Average days off per month?

Jetlife
02-23-2018, 05:30 PM
Sounds exactly like the other big fractional we know and love so much.

David Puddy
02-23-2018, 05:38 PM
Probably one of the more informative posts Iíve read on APC. Well done.

Sadly, FJ has several positive aspects (including the fleet - love the Legacy 450/500, CL300/350 and big Gulfstreams like the incoming G500 and G650ERs) and the potential to be a career operator, but the negatives discussed (including the very low salary) canít make FJ very competitive in this market - for either newhires or retaining crews. How many newhire FOs would stick around these days?

The amount of money made by Legacy airline pilots (in addition to the QOL improvement) is just too big of a difference with the fractional operators to ignore. Huuuuge pay difference. In another thread, a former Flight Options (now Flexjet) Phenom Captain with 18 yearsí experience there made something like $110K. Sorry, but that is pathetic in this market with 18 yearsí of experience. You can make that amount in year 2 at Southwest on your way to making far more. A friend just met a newhire Delta FO with ZERO connections at Delta who had only 4-5 years of FO time at Skywest before being hired at Delta - no PIC time and zero connections. He attended a job fair and got an interview... And SWA has been hiring Netjets FOs recently - they like fractional pilots...

If you donít like your fractional operator - now is absolutely the time to jump to the airlines. Just ask your friends and former coworkers who have done it. I doubt many people regret the decision - they probably regret not doing it sooner. The financial and QOL differences are too big to ignore these days.

jasmine
02-23-2018, 06:38 PM
Very thorough and informative. If I may ask some additional...

-You said $63k the first year was a lie. What was on your 2017 W2? Any bonuses included?
-How many hours did you block?
-Average days off per month?

I was never lied to about pay or bonuses. A lot of the information comes from company headhunters who, by human nature, get some of the information wrong. You could make way more than $63,000 per year as a first year f/o if you're willing to live on the road but you'd make just as much with a lot less work and time away from home with the sign on bonuses at other charter companies and airlines. Not to mention a much, much faster upgrade.
I worked an average 16-18 days per month.

My objective of this post was to reach those who are looking into FJ and help them make the most informed decision possible. When I came onboard, there was very little current info about the company so I'm just sharing my experience and opinions.

Flexjet has to do something to attract some talent because they really aren't competitive in the new hire market. I'm not really sure what they could do to improve that situation but I hope they figure it out because I think I can speak for nearly every FJ pilot when I say we need more pilots because we are getting our booties kicked with all the flying/work we do.

Jazz

SonicFlyer
02-23-2018, 07:08 PM
all new hires are going into the Phenom. Everyone seems to hate that plane and they can't fill the seats so naturally thats where they stick the new hires. Why is that? :confused:

You work a solid 14 hours and then you have 10 hours of rest. When your duty day starts, you are expected to be at the FBO at your start time regardless of when your flight departs. You get 30 minutes after you land to clean and put away the plane and then your 10 hours of rest starts.
Ex: Your duty day starts 05:00 and ends at 18:59. Your rest starts at 19:00 and ends at 05:00. Even if you have 8 hours of scheduled flight starting at 11:00, your are expected to show up at the fbo at 05:00 and sit. This policy is exhausting and starting at day 2, you're really feeling it. Its a senseless and dangerous policy which is a disservice to our owners who are expecting and pay for fresh and safe crews. This is enough of a reason that I would never apply or seek to work there. That is just stupid, and as you pointed out, unsafe.

Unlike an airline where your main duty is the flying, not only do we fly a ton, we clean toilets, cabins, carpets, cupboards, take off and put on freezable stock, put in gear pins and pitot covers, shop for stock, make sure the paxs catering is what they ordered and onboard plus a million other things. I have no experience but it seems to me that seems to be typical for almost all corporate/135/91k jobs?

jasmine
02-24-2018, 07:07 AM
One thing I forgot to mention and its a big perk and the reason I decided to work for Flexjet is the home basing. If you live close to a decent sized airport, you’re basically good to go.
I live in BFE southeast America which would make commuting impossible.
I do wish they were a bit more kind about the travel to and from home/work. Sitting in the very back middle seat on at least 2 legs to get home is very common. You get the very cheapest seat possible but you do get to keep all your miles for airlines and
Hotels.

metro3
02-24-2018, 12:37 PM
What was your first year income?

Front Office
02-24-2018, 02:14 PM
A typical rotation:
The company has a "14 and 10" policy. You work a solid 14 hours and then you have 10 hours of rest. When your duty day starts, you are expected to be at the FBO at your start time regardless of when your flight departs. You get 30 minutes after you land to clean and put away the plane and then your 10 hours of rest starts.
Ex: Your duty day starts 05:00 and ends at 18:59. Your rest starts at 19:00 and ends at 05:00. Even if you have 8 hours of scheduled flight starting at 11:00, your are expected to show up at the fbo at 05:00 and sit. This policy is exhausting and starting at day 2, you're really feeling it. Its a senseless and dangerous policy which is a disservice to our owners who are expecting and pay for fresh and safe crews.

Aside from the super lame 14 and 10 policy, the uniform is my personal pet peeve about my employment. We were told (and it seems true) that KR and his wife, (both who are really into fashion) designed the uniform and it's only function is to be fashionable. The shirt is ok, but being grey, you have to get them from the company source and they're pretty damn cheap. Also, being grey, any kind of moisture, sweat, water, whatever shows until dry.
The pants, the pants are satan's gift to aviation. They are very thin, skinny pants with ZERO space for your bum and junk. If you think about spreading your legs or bending down, the crouch will split. So most guys order their pants 5 sizes too large so they don't rip so easy but then you're pulling your pants up 1000 times a day because the waist is too big. I'm not sure how they do it, but the pants are awesome at untucking your shirt.
I cannot say enough how awful these pants are.

So only 10 hours at a hotel every night for your rotation? Is this policy really followed?

YIKES !!!!

SonicFlyer
02-24-2018, 02:24 PM
So only 10 hours at a hotel every night for your rotation?If you subtract time for transit to/from airport, waiting on shuttle, getting dinner, getting breakfast, then it is actually a lot less than 10 hours "at the hotel".

This leaves zero personal time to unwind and relax.

David Puddy
02-24-2018, 02:59 PM
If you subtract time for transit to/from airport, waiting on shuttle, getting dinner, getting breakfast, then it is actually a lot less than 10 hours "at the hotel".

This leaves zero personal time to unwind and relax.

Any major airline (including some of the currently lower paying airlines like Spirit, JB and Frontier) would be better options. Again, the pay and QOL differences are just too big to ignore... A friend who just left Netjets for SWA says the QOL is like night and day different.

bjtdrvr
02-25-2018, 06:28 AM
Most of the current Phenom pilots came from larger ac. They were forced to it basically out of seniority as in if they went to the Flexjet side they were stapled to the bottom of their list. Now that the arbitrator has ruled the fences have come down and you can bid in seniority to all ac. So the company wasted huge amounts of money and now have to retrain tons of folks, some of who finished training in the Phenom and never even flew it! They just started school on a new type.

jasmine
02-25-2018, 04:43 PM
Money-
I made a little over $42,000 and worked harder than Iíve ever worked in my flying career but thatís just me.
Good 401k, match to 6% I believe. Please correct me if Iím wrong.
Insurance is supposed to be awesome but it seems to be the typical insurance company doesnít want to pay out kind of thing.
We use Concur which really stinks and you spend lots and lots of time filling and refilling out reports.

Duty-
You are sent your duty off/on (for when/where you are supposed to duty back on the next morning during your last flight of the night. Your rest starts 30 minutes after you block in. You arrange your own transportation. Uber is the authorized mode of transportation.
A good hour, hour and a half are spent in putting plane to bed, waiting for transportation, checking into hotel, finding a place to eat, getting ready for the next 14 hour duty day and finally getting some sleep.

chrisreedrules
02-25-2018, 05:00 PM
I think many of you are out of touch. Many regional airlines now offer better quality of life and pay than FlexJet. It sounds terrible, I donít know why anyone would work there. You can make more at Endeavor as a Captain plus if you commute and miss your first flight, they will positive space you on the 2nd flight.

Mikec
02-25-2018, 06:19 PM
I don't know what kind of agenda your trying to push, but you didn't make $42,000 working for Flexjet. Working 16 days a month is $59K to $64K depending if your talking per month or 28 day bid. Plus fuel bonus and per diem.

Jetlife
02-25-2018, 07:38 PM
I don't know what kind of agenda your trying to push, but you didn't make $42,000 working for Flexjet. Working 16 days a month is $59K to $64K depending if your talking per month or 28 day bid. Plus fuel bonus and per diem.

Fuel bonus and per diem aren't income partner.

Mikec
02-25-2018, 08:01 PM
It's not. If your not going to spend it please send it my way and I'll add it to my income partner.

Jetlife
02-25-2018, 08:08 PM
It's not. If your not going to spend it please send it my way and I'll add it to my income partner.

You're*...

mojo6911
02-26-2018, 05:37 AM
Fuel bonus and per diem aren't income partner.

How is a bonus not income?

ATIS
02-26-2018, 06:10 AM
A very accurate description of what it is like at Flexjet.

Having 18+ years at Flex I can say he nailed it.
Now that I see it in print nicely laid out I will be updating my resume and sending out some job applications. Now is the time to get out.

Jetlife
02-26-2018, 07:07 AM
How is a bonus not income?

Well I donít know what a fuel bonus is. Iím assuming he means something like Atlantic rewards.

I donít consider profit sharing at my company as income. It varies year to year so I canít rely on it as an absolute. Doesnít mean itís not a good thing. Of course we all want a bonus, per diem, tips etc. it shouldnít be included in first year salary numbers. Heck it shouldnít be included in salary ever.

bjtdrvr
02-26-2018, 08:22 AM
His description is very accurate but year one FO's get 309 a day if you're on the PBS schedule. 42000 may have been his take home. Also on the PBS it is 13 bid periods not 12 so you can be worked up to 208 days a year.

Fredturbo
02-26-2018, 09:53 AM
"......."..............

David Puddy
02-26-2018, 06:28 PM

Now that I see it in print nicely laid out I will be updating my resume and sending out some job applications. Now is the time to get out.

With 18 years of experience, you should have good options available to you. I would HIGHLY recommend you attend a job fair and network hard with airlines of interest. All of the majors will be hiring for the next 10 years and your experience will be valued. Also, reach out to your own network and ask for referrals. You would be surprised how many pilots at the majors want to help others. SWA seems to be particularly interested in fractional pilots recently with a few Netjets pilots I know picked up by SWA, but all majors seem to be hiring them.

If you don't like your current situation, change it. Again, the pay and QOL differences at the majors are just TOO BIG TO IGNORE ANY LONGER....

Don't believe me? Here's what one SWA pilot (ex Netjets pilot) just said on the Netjets Latest & Greatest thread:

"I left Netjets with seven years of seniority to go to SWA. In June I will be four years with SWA. Last year I made $175,000 in base pay. The company contributed another $43,000 in retirement between the B-fund and profit sharing. I am holding 50% seniority. I have over 2,000 pilots under me. This year I will receive two raises (One for rolling into 5th year pay, One for contract cola adjustment). I pretty much work the schedule I want.

By the end of the year, my W-2 will approach $200K with the company kicking in about 50K towards retirement.

I have no regrets going to SWA."

pilotj123
02-28-2018, 05:09 AM
[QUOTE=jasmine;2535387]I just passed my 1 year mark at FJ and I thought I would post what I thought about my employment so far and maybe help answer any questions for those thinking about coming to FJ.

I appreciate all of the info. Ver thorough and informative. I guess I do have a couple of questions.

1. Why has your view towards TMC changed dramatically? In 2015 you said:
"With all the companies hiring I don't know why anyone would consider TMC. There are literally no perks to working here. No vacation. 2 sick days a year. If you try to call in sick, they threaten to send you home and not be brought back so you don't get paid for the month. Mandatory training on days off. Rolling rest. Very sub par mx. "Merit based upgrade with seniority considered." If you do upgrade (currently a year and a half in the right seat for upgrades) you go to year 1 captain's pay. No bereavement policy. Company does not pay into any benefits which are expensive and quite worthless. It's a company that is run by greedy tyrants who go out of their way to screw it's people over and terminates very good pilots who have been serving them for years. Company fires people for very petty things. If you cause them to lose a dime, you're in trouble. Fear permeates the company and drives every little detail. Some crew members are good people and others are just so whipped and afraid, they can be very difficult to work with. You're stuck with the same crew member for 15-20 days. Yes, we did vote in a union but it will be years before any positive changes happen. Pay is low, per Diem is a laugh. You have to watch your paycheck every month because they constantly short you days.
Any company that makes you sign a training contract is suspect. We have guys show up for initial class and bail after a few days of learning how we operate.
Do yourself a favor and go somewhere with something to offer. This place is a dead end life of fear, misery and exhaustion." I am curious what changed so much...

2.Have you really been at Flex for a year? I get confused because in September of 2017 you asked everyone: Does anyone have any current Flexjet interview experience or gouge?
Particularly interested in the sim/technical portion in DFW.
Thanks in advance. If you had already been hired, you would have already gone through this, no?

If I am about to make a career decision, I would appreciate sound advice. I'm not looking for any personal agenda. I want to know what is going to offer the best place for me and my family. If you could address those questions, I'd appreciate it. The timing just doesn't seem right so everything you said makes me curious. If it is all accurate, then great, it's appreciated. I just want to make sure!
-PJ

Airman2105
02-28-2018, 08:00 AM

ATIS, Nice to see someone who is thinking about the situation instead of just posting. Talking about the fuel bonus some of you are talking about......you know some captains keep quiet about it and take it all so how can you say that is part of your income? The climate at Flex/OneSky or Flops or what ever name you have for it has changed and will never be the same as it was from 1999 to 2015.

Airman2105
02-28-2018, 08:02 AM

Take your blinkers of and see what is going on.

MudhammedCJ
02-28-2018, 11:51 AM
Sinking ship. To the many good guys still there, help is waiting to get you out of there. To the guys that do things like steal all the fuel points, good luck.. You're going to need it.

fooled2x
03-01-2018, 05:55 AM
Well I donít know what a fuel bonus is. Iím assuming he means something like Atlantic rewards.

I donít consider profit sharing at my company as income. It varies year to year so I canít rely on it as an absolute. Doesnít mean itís not a good thing. Of course we all want a bonus, per diem, tips etc. it shouldnít be included in first year salary numbers. Heck it shouldnít be included in salary ever.

There is a fuel bonus based on gallons/hour. $250/quarter for one burn and 500/quarter for a better burn, so it can add $2000 per year.

Atlantic Bucks, Signature Tailwinds, avpoints, Shell, and Wingpoints should be split between the pilots unless one doesn't participate. The value to me was about $2000 per year and if you make over $600 you can expect a 1099.

fooled2x
03-01-2018, 06:07 AM
FlexJet used to pay a STIP bonus but when 2N Kenn took over, he claimed he knew nothing about it. One of the reasons we now have the Teamsters. Arbitrator Fishgold gave the non-Red Label pilots a bonus of between 1%-4% based on your salary. Red label pilots get a salary plus a bonus for safety, crew availability(rolling duty days), and dispatch availability(carry write-ups), but that is just my view. 2N Kenn describes Red Label as a lifestyle choice.

pilotj123
03-01-2018, 11:24 AM
A typical rotation:

Regulatory wise, isn't there a cap on how many hours you can actually fly? When you say you "work" a solid 14 hour day. What type of "work" does that mean?

rickair7777
03-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Good 401k, match to 6% I believe.

Good 401k is a 15%+ direct contribution (no employee contribution required, but you can if you want). That's where all the majors are going.

JulesWinfield
03-02-2018, 12:33 PM
Regulatory wise, isn't there a cap on how many hours you can actually fly? When you say you "work" a solid 14 hour day. What type of "work" does that mean?

Work means doing whatever they say. Fly 10 hours, or spend the whole 14 at the FBO waiting for a trip, or a mix of both.

fooled2x
03-04-2018, 05:26 AM
His description is very accurate but year one FO's get 309 a day if you're on the PBS schedule. 42000 may have been his take home. Also on the PBS it is 13 bid periods not 12 so you can be worked up to 208 days a year.

Well the talk about the PBS and reality are two different things. They can force you to work more than 15/16 days per bid. The company is not supposed to be able to force you onto a yellow line( anything other than a 15/16 day bid). The March bid awarded a Phenom PIC with a 2000 hire date onto a line that only gives him off 9 days in the month. By the time the grievance gets heard, the month will be over.

HersheySquirts
03-04-2018, 08:43 AM
Well the talk about the PBS and reality are two different things. They can force you to work more than 15/16 days per bid. The company is not supposed to be able to force you onto a yellow line( anything other than a 15/16 day bid). The March bid awarded a Phenom PIC with a 2000 hire date onto a line that only gives him off 9 days in the month. By the time the grievance gets heard, the month will be over.

They can't force you to work more than a 16 day bid period. A yellow line is any line that doesn't follow the minimum days off following a duty tour. There are yellow lines with 14-16 days of work also. Even with a yellow line if you work 7 or 8 days you are guaranteed 4 days off following it.

Months and bid periods are different yet you are flipping between the two in your post. If you don't bid properly it can reduce your days off per month. Whoever this Phenom pilot is had to of bid a yellow line with more than 16 days of work in order to get screwed that badly on the month of March. The only way the math even works is if he started an eight day on March 1 and does 8/4 all month long except for the last one which would be a 7 day totaling 18 days of work in the BP. The BP ran from 3/5-4/1 so I'm calling BS on the company giving him that without him bidding it.

thor55
03-04-2018, 04:32 PM
I think many of you are out of touch. Many regional airlines now offer better quality of life and pay than FlexJet. It sounds terrible, I donít know why anyone would work there. You can make more at Endeavor as a Captain plus if you commute and miss your first flight, they will positive space you on the 2nd flight.

The best thing I did for my quality of life
was leave Flexjet..........wait for it............to go to a regional. The days of the fractional are over.

WiskeyTango
03-04-2018, 05:12 PM

There's no way that is possible. 9 days off would be a 19 day line. That isn't even a thing of any color.

jasmine
03-04-2018, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=jasmine;2535387]I just passed my 1 year mark at FJ and I thought I would post what I thought about my employment so far and maybe help answer any questions for those thinking about coming to FJ.

I appreciate all of the info. Ver thorough and informative. I guess I do have a couple of questions.

1. Why has your view towards TMC changed dramatically? In 2015 you said:
"With all the companies hiring I don't know why anyone would consider TMC. There are literally no perks to working here. No vacation. 2 sick days a year. If you try to call in sick, they threaten to send you home and not be brought back so you don't get paid for the month. Mandatory training on days off. Rolling rest. Very sub par mx. "Merit based upgrade with seniority considered." If you do upgrade (currently a year and a half in the right seat for upgrades) you go to year 1 captain's pay. No bereavement policy. Company does not pay into any benefits which are expensive and quite worthless. It's a company that is run by greedy tyrants who go out of their way to screw it's people over and terminates very good pilots who have been serving them for years. Company fires people for very petty things. If you cause them to lose a dime, you're in trouble. Fear permeates the company and drives every little detail. Some crew members are good people and others are just so whipped and afraid, they can be very difficult to work with. You're stuck with the same crew member for 15-20 days. Yes, we did vote in a union but it will be years before any positive changes happen. Pay is low, per Diem is a laugh. You have to watch your paycheck every month because they constantly short you days.
Any company that makes you sign a training contract is suspect. We have guys show up for initial class and bail after a few days of learning how we operate.
Do yourself a favor and go somewhere with something to offer. This place is a dead end life of fear, misery and exhaustion." I am curious what changed so much...
-What has changed is the times. If you are a pilot looking for jet pic, places like TMC might be a good avenue if you can stand it for a year or two.

2.Have you really been at Flex for a year? I get confused because in September of 2017 you asked everyone: Does anyone have any current Flexjet interview experience or gouge?
Particularly interested in the sim/technical portion in DFW.
Thanks in advance. If you had already been hired, you would have already gone through this, no?
-I have been there almost a year. I was asked about current interview gouge and I said I would help.

If I am about to make a career decision, I would appreciate sound advice. I'm not looking for any personal agenda. I want to know what is going to offer the best place for me and my family. If you could address those questions, I'd appreciate it. The timing just doesn't seem right so everything you said makes me curious. If it is all accurate, then great, it's appreciated. I just want to make sure!
-When I was thinking about coming to FJ the gouge was very old so I just wanted to help out my fellow pilots.
Obviously there is no agenda.
-PJ

fooled2x
03-05-2018, 03:46 PM
Ok. I called him again just to listen to ..... He went from an 8/7 to the PBS. He wasn't getting anything near his top 40( 9 lines x 3-4 CA per line) choices under the fixed schedule, so he gambled on the PBS and ended up with a schedule he didn't want. he called in to complain and they told him his schedule was changed due to his "transition". They are seriously short on pilots on the Phenom 300.

fooled2x
03-28-2018, 03:47 PM
There's no way that is possible. 9 days off would be a 19 day line. That isn't even a thing of any color.

I get back to work, and I listen to the latest round of stories. How do you know it's not impossible? The company is not publishing the available lines. I called the chairmen of the scheduling committee, and asked how it was possible? He says they are so short on pilots, they are just maxing them out until they complain. Some pilots need the money, so they are getting away with it.

Fredturbo
03-29-2018, 11:42 AM
I get back to work, and I listen to the latest round of stories. How do you know it's not impossible? The company is not publishing the available lines. I called the chairmen of the scheduling committee, and asked how it was possible? He says they are so short on pilots, they are just maxing them out until they complain. Some pilots need the money, so they are getting away with it.

Wow-sounds like a disaster. Canít imagine many donít have apps in at regional and major airlines. I wonder if their passengers really know or understand their pilots may have been sitting in the private jet terminal the past 10 hours before a 4 hour trip.

Jetlife
03-30-2018, 05:58 AM
Wow-sounds like a disaster. Canít imagine many donít have apps in at regional and major airlines. I wonder if their passengers really know or understand their pilots may have been sitting in the private jet terminal the past 10 hours before a 4 hour trip.

No different at NJA. The company calls their schedules CC for "crew choice" yet the pilot has no ability to pick the days he/she works. Scheduling just piles it on until you fatigue. These companies have figured out to do so much with less, that they will never be able to turn a profit if they staffed properly.

nkweb
03-30-2018, 08:43 AM
This place sounds absolutely terrible!

ATIS
03-30-2018, 10:15 AM
This place sounds absolutely terrible!

Toxic work environment.

Rather then trying to smooth things out management just turns up the toxicity with every email or text message.

fooled2x
03-30-2018, 10:48 AM
Toxic work environment.

Rather then trying to smooth things out management just turns up the toxicity with every email or text message.

I know RH was sending out emails to the Flex pilots bashing the Options pilots. Anybody have any quotes from RH?

MudhammedCJ
03-31-2018, 07:29 AM
I know RH was sending out emails to the Flex pilots bashing the Options pilots. Anybody have any quotes from RH?
"I can count to potato! Yay!!"

kennwins
04-07-2018, 02:27 PM
Run,run fast to anywhere but here. The union is about to get the boot and double N Kenn is gonna continue to abuse crews except his RedLabel chosen few. They make great $$ and are completely blind to the real world. New hires are leaving and many of the others. The old guys have no where to go and there are so many "captains" out of seniority that were upgraded so as to "buy" their vote to boot the union. There is NO upgrade opportunities except for the few 1998 and 1999 hires on to Red Label but only due to the MCBA. Fatigue is rampant as evidenced by incidents and accidents.