Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Any SkyWest coming to Envoy

1704LIFE
02-28-2018, 10:55 AM
If any of you guys are trying to come over to Envoy, shoot me a msg and Iíll split the sign on bonus with you. Was SkyWest FO guy, went to Envoy about a year ago.

1875.00 after taxes (5k bonus) ó in addition to your 45k sign up.

ImHeapsKeen
02-28-2018, 01:27 PM
He really gets around

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/republic-airline/111835-anyone-rah-envoy.html

Flogger
02-28-2018, 01:36 PM
He really gets around

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/republic-airline/111835-anyone-rah-envoy.html

Boom!! That is heeeelarious!!!!

This guy is much smarter than me. I told everyone at my old airline I would give the bonus back to them, after taxes. I figure they need it as much as I do.

Cazadores
02-28-2018, 06:21 PM
Still junior manning to LGA?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pedro4President
03-01-2018, 04:02 AM
If any of you guys are trying to come over to Envoy, shoot me a msg and Iíll split the sign on bonus with you. Was SkyWest FO guy, went to Envoy about a year ago.

1875.00 after taxes (5k bonus) ó in addition to your 45k sign up.

OK, why are people leaving their regional for another regional?? If you want to leave your regional go to a legacy, LCC, or anything else that makes you more marketable to mainline.

hawk21
03-02-2018, 09:55 AM
OK, why are people leaving their regional for another regional?? If you want to leave your regional go to a legacy, LCC, or anything else that makes you more marketable to mainline.

Legacy is mainline bro.

Air Stang 7
03-06-2018, 04:37 PM
Aramark is offering referral bonuses! I'll give someone who gets hired a penny. PM me for details.

AboveMins
03-06-2018, 04:51 PM
Legacy is mainline bro.

Brah... SkyWest IS mainline! :p

Mercyful Fate
03-06-2018, 06:50 PM
Legacy is mainline bro.

175's are 900's bro.

Cazadores
03-07-2018, 07:17 AM
Brah... SkyWest IS mainline! :p

If it wasn't for SkyWest United wouldn't exist!

word302
03-07-2018, 09:10 AM

Lol. Uh huh.

AboveMins
03-07-2018, 11:58 AM

LOL! Is that the tripe they're feeding the sheep nowadays? If it wasn't for United, SkyWest would have never gone further than hauling trash in Metros and Brasilias.

MidnightHauler
03-07-2018, 01:25 PM
LOL! Is that the tripe they're feeding the sheep nowadays? If it wasn't for United, SkyWest would have never gone further than hauling trash in Metros and Brasilias.
Actually, Skywest loaned United the cash with credit card interest to pay for the 787s a few years back when United was in a bind at the time. The collateral......all United gates in ORD. If United defaulted on the loan, Skywest would take the gates. United paid off the loan on time.
No sheep feeding going on. Look it up if you don't believe it.

word302
03-07-2018, 01:26 PM
No. I'm pretty sure he came up with that nonsense all on his own.

jtsastre
03-07-2018, 03:52 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deseretnews.com/article/705338154/SkyWest-lending-United-80M.amp

hawk21
03-07-2018, 04:34 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.deseretnews.com/article/705338154/SkyWest-lending-United-80M.amp

*mic drop*

NewGuy01
03-07-2018, 04:56 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180308/d9390d262045c017f95d53a1762bd49e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gojo
03-07-2018, 05:43 PM
Actually, Skywest loaned United the cash with credit card interest to pay for the 787s a few years back when United was in a bind at the time. The collateral......all United gates in ORD. If United defaulted on the loan, Skywest would take the gates. United paid off the loan on time.

What it doesnít say is if United had other options or not? Iím pretty sure that if Skywest didnít do it they wouldíve figured something else out?

MidnightHauler
03-07-2018, 07:11 PM
What it doesnít say is if United had other options or not? Iím pretty sure that if Skywest didnít do it they wouldíve figured something else out?
I think Skywest saw an opportunity to make a lot of cash really quick. It was a good investment that paid off.

rickair7777
03-07-2018, 07:47 PM
What it doesn’t say is if United had other options or not? I’m pretty sure that if Skywest didn’t do it they would’ve figured something else out?

I don't think they had a lot of options. SKW did it because it was in THEIR best interest that UA survive... but UA's survival was at stake.

Cazadores
03-08-2018, 07:14 AM

Yeah, no. Skywest loaned UAL $80. in cash with a $45 million deferment on contract payments. It provided liquidity to United which had a cash crunch due to obvious issues during Ch. 11, such as the need to rid itself of aircraft on lease. Many people don't understand how large United was when it filed, it was a larger airline in many ways than it was after the merger with Continental. $80 million is likely close to the operating budget of a single major hub for 24 hours.

In no way were the primary DIP financiers going to put at risk ALL of United gates in its most valuable hub for $80 million, some deferred payments and 13 airplanes for ASA. In fact even the article posted indicates collateral was a few landing slots and some ground equipment. It was a shrewd business move for SkyWest, no doubt, but to conflate that to "United wouldn't exist" or another favorite I hear "our partners need us more than we need them"....well, it's just hard to keep a straight face.

It's good to be proud of your company, and SkyWest certainly is worthy of pride at times, but.

Cazadores
03-08-2018, 07:19 AM

The key to this deal was quick cash, and deferred payments SkyWest could offer, which made the money relatively cheap. Yes, United had other options.

AboveMins
03-08-2018, 06:16 PM
I doubt United would have disappeared if ScumWest didn't loanshark them the cash.

Cazadores
03-08-2018, 06:30 PM
I doubt United would have disappeared if ScumWest didn't loanshark them the cash.

Without the name calling, your statement is somewhat true. The clear bottom line is part of the loan was derived on UAL granting flying to INC, which of course indicates the basic fallacy with the idea United needs any regional at all....

In the end, we are pawns in a machine allowing us to jet around in someone else's suit, we either keep bending over or they'll take their ill fitting suit back, and standing on the curb hailing a cab naked is never where you want to be.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1