Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : JetBlue stink?

Rascal
03-03-2018, 07:45 AM
Based on my personal and by no means non-scientific observations, it seems to me that pilots at JetBlue don't get interviews at the real Majors at the same rate that our regional counterparts do. I know plenty of JetBlue pilots with good experience and qualifications hearing crickets.

Does anyone one else feel that way?

I have lost hope for good contract here and everyday here is a wasted day of seniority somewhere else where pilots are valued as proffessionals. I really don't want to start over at a regional again but I am starting to feel that is my only way to get the call from real Major.

capt707
03-03-2018, 09:31 AM
I share the same sentiments as you. It's happening. A lot of the regionals have flow thrus now and some are getting picked up by the majors with only 3-4k total hours.

captsurf
03-03-2018, 09:32 AM
While I do think more regional guys are getting calls than LCCs, I personally know of a new-hire (6 months-ish) with about 5k TT that just got interview invite to one of the 3. Itís possible his app was pulled before he even went to JB, so who knows if ďthe stinkĒ had any effect...

Donít lose hope. Keep digging away, try and reach out to friends you may have at the majors and get in front of a chief pilot. Get some fresh volunteer time on your app. Have friends recently hired at the Airlines you want to go to look through your app. Iím sure youíre doing all of this, but I think going backwards in this career is the wrong move...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyby1206
03-03-2018, 10:20 AM
There are tens of thousands of regional pilots, and only ~3500 JB pilots, the numbers will definitely be skewed to regionals.

Keep pressing the network contacts, go to the job fairs, keep resumes updated, maybe think of adding some volunteering/etc to polish it a bit. Good luck

hyperboy
03-03-2018, 10:26 AM
Based on my personal and by no means non-scientific observations, it seems to me that pilots at JetBlue don't get interviews at the real Majors at the same rate that our regional counterparts do. I know plenty of JetBlue pilots with good experience and qualifications hearing crickets.

Does anyone one else feel that way?

I have lost hope for good contract here and everyday here is a wasted day of seniority somewhere else where pilots are valued as proffessionals. I really don't want to start over at a regional again but I am starting to feel that is my only way to get the call from real Major.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. Billy Madison: Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.

Rascal
03-03-2018, 10:30 AM
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. Billy Madison: Okay, a simple "wrong" would've done just fine.

Response?

I was simply asking a question.

Bluedriver
03-03-2018, 10:41 AM
Response?

It's from a movie.

pilotpayne
03-03-2018, 10:41 AM
Response?

I #*agree* with flyby.
Keep up what you are doing. Update and network and try to check more boxes.
Donít do anything rash.
Look things suck right now but you need to hang in there. Take some time away from the forums and the emails and focus on other things.

We are well into this process and have to see it through. We could have gone with a fast and crappy CBA but the union wanted to do it right the first time.

We will get there. (When Is the question)

Xtreme87
03-03-2018, 10:45 AM
I #*agree* with flyby.
Keep up what you are doing. Update and network and try to check more boxes.
Donít do anything rash.
Look things suck right now but you need to hang in there. Take some time away from the forums and the emails and focus on other things.

We are well into this process and have to see it through. We could have gone with a fast and crappy CBA but the union wanted to do it right the first time.

We will get there. (When Iíd the question)

Thatís the problem. Jetblue will stall until market conditions are less conducive for a market rate contract (i.e high oil, terror attack, putin.) Then cry to the mediator and stall some more.

Budget
03-03-2018, 10:48 AM
Yes, I feel the same way.

pugpilot
03-03-2018, 10:58 AM
At what point does APC remove JetBlue from the "Major" subfolder and place us with "Regionals" ?

Bluedriver
03-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Thatís the problem. Jetblue will stall until market conditions are less conducive for a market rate contract (i.e high oil, terror attack, putin.) Then cry to the mediator and stall some more.

Um... Yep.

#I*AGREE*

It's NO accident we have essentially gone nowhere during this contract cycle while everyone else completes a contract.

Before someone says something stupid, yes we have TA'd several sections. They just happen to be the ones that are not expensive or contain the bulk of our QOL and retirement and benefits. Who would have thought???

I just feel like, I don't know, like maybe someone should have seen this coming a year ago and should have said something.

coopervane
03-03-2018, 04:19 PM
I just feel like, I don't know, like maybe someone should have seen this coming a year ago and should have said something.

Please stop doing this.

Why are u so obsessed with “I told you so”?

Many of us saw this coming over a year ago.

CaptCoolHand
03-03-2018, 06:21 PM
Thatís right. But hereís a game to be played. Unfortunately for us thatís the way it has to be done.

We would all have it the Barney/bluedriver way if it was viable. Easley itís a slow road to get there.

PasserOGas
03-04-2018, 02:42 AM
Thatís right. But hereís a game to be played. Unfortunately for us thatís the way it has to be done.

We would all have it the Barney/bluedriver way if it was viable. Easley itís a slow road to get there.

So what can we do to expidite being released? This place needs a (legal) strike yesterday.

RiddleEagle18
03-04-2018, 02:57 AM
If we had 1500 Barney and bluedrivers we would have a contract by now.

FLY SOP! DO ONLY YOUR JOB!

pilotpayne
03-04-2018, 03:50 AM
If we had 1500 Barney and bluedrivers we would have a contract by now.

FLY SOP! DO ONLY YOUR JOB!

Wait do you know for a fact that bluedriver or Barney actually do/did what they say and ďlive/lived their internet valuesĒ

Not attacking anyone but WE are all just screen names here maybe we donít do what we say we do. People hold Barney up yeah he had good points but also so insane stuff that could actually lead to people getting on a bunch of trouble all while saying he would go to jail for our group.(I doubt it)

Just be careful with who your heroes are.

pilotpayne
03-04-2018, 03:53 AM

Correct which is why the process is there to take the power away from the union. RLA act is not your friend in this area.
#*IAGREE*

Wait per the other thread.

#metoo

Sorry

RiddleEagle18
03-04-2018, 04:02 AM
Wait do you know for a fact that bluedriver or Barney actually do/did what they say and ďlive/lived their internet valuesĒ

Not attacking anyone but WE are all just screen names here maybe we donít do what we say we do. People hold Barney up yeah he had good points but also so insane stuff that could actually lead to people getting on a bunch of trouble all while saying he would go to jail for our group.(I doubt it)

Come on. You know exactly what I mean.

CaptCoolHand
03-04-2018, 05:37 AM
So what can we do to expidite being released? This place needs a (legal) strike yesterday.

The short answer is we do what weíre doing. Or in other terms DO what the MEC asks. Unfortunately we still have many who support us not rowing the boat.

Sadly, there is no fast road to strike under the RLA.

Bluedriver
03-04-2018, 08:29 AM

He means at a minimum, remove all pilot good will. And you definitely are attacking, but that's fine.

All you "have patience" guys bought the company at least an extra year of savings with your good will. Some of you still are.

Not telling anyone not to have good will, that might be illegal, each needs to come to that conclusion on their own.

Bozo the pilot
03-04-2018, 12:10 PM
He means at a minimum, remove all pilot good will. And you definitely are attacking, but that's fine.

All you "have patience" guys bought the company at least an extra year of savings with your good will. Some of you still are.

Not telling anyone not to have good will, that might be illegal, each needs to come to that conclusion on their own.

Agreed- Goodwill is forever DEAD here at Jetblew.
FUPM. Strike vote NOW:mad:

CaptCoolHand
03-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Agreed- Goodwill is forever DEAD here at Jetblew.
FUPM. Strike vote NOW:mad:

The thing is that Iíve learned how to be so much more efficient at safety in the last 2-3 years... It would be obsurd to go and be inefficient and unsafe... no one does that?