Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Global Entry / TSA Precheck

DocRumack
03-05-2018, 04:22 AM
Is global entry a requirement to be OK'd at Envoy? Seem like DHS is very picky about this. If a candidate gets rejected from this convenience will Envoy also reject him or would it just mean making the crew line?

ZippyNH
03-05-2018, 05:29 AM
Is global entry a requirement to be OK'd at Envoy? Seem like DHS is very picky about this. If a candidate gets rejected from this convenience will Envoy also reject him or would it just mean making the crew line?

Know nothing about this airline, but I might suggest most background checks, with fingerprint checks by most airlines that have CASS access is MORE STRICT.
If you are worried....you have bigger ISSUES.

Pedro4President
03-05-2018, 06:00 AM

Many people don't have GE. It's not required but you get it for free.

havick206
03-05-2018, 06:12 AM

There’s no requirement to have global entry at Envoy, though they re-imburse you if you get it.

What exactly is your question? If you get rejected for global entry you’ve probably got bigger problems when Envoy does your CASS background check as someone previously mentioned.

bamike
03-05-2018, 08:14 AM
There’s no requirement to have global entry at Envoy, though they re-imburse you if you get it.

What exactly is your question? If you get rejected for global entry you’ve probably got bigger problems when Envoy does your CASS background check as someone previously mentioned.

There are reasons why you might be denied Global Entry by CBP but pass a background check. For example, if you were caught with an apple or some undeclared food in your luggage when searched by CBP, they might not give you global entry. But your background check will come back fine.

havick206
03-05-2018, 08:15 AM
There are reasons why you might be denied Global Entry by CBP but pass a background check. For example, if you were caught with an apple or some undeclared food in your luggage when searched by CBP, they might not give you global entry. But your background check will come back fine.

Good point

LNL76
03-05-2018, 08:17 AM
Why pay for Global Entry when you can use a free app called Mobile Passport?

yeahbutstill
03-05-2018, 08:21 AM

The company pays for it so why not? Also the customs line is typically way long.. I dont think u get to skip that line with mobile passport.

DocRumack
03-05-2018, 08:38 AM
A few years back i got fined by CBP cause one of my passengers brought a box of Cuban cigars in his luggage and I'm afraid it might hurt my GE or worse my Envoy hiring.

LNL76
03-05-2018, 08:43 AM
The company pays for it so why not? Also the customs line is typically way long.. I dont think u get to skip that line with mobile passport.

Separate line.

Sheg0theD
03-05-2018, 09:12 AM
A few years back i got fined by CBP cause one of my passengers brought a box of Cuban cigars in his luggage and I'm afraid it might hurt my GE or worse my Envoy hiring.

I wouldn’t worry about something like that.

As mentioned above, it’s not required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilentLurker
03-05-2018, 09:23 AM

I spoke to a CBP Officer while going through CBP checkpoint, he said, I can tell you Global Entry was nice 5yrs ago, but over the next few years the CBP app will do also.

The new CBP App will allow quick process into the US without going through long lines. Global Entry is not a require to be a Envoy pilot. U.S passport and your background check will suffice.

Overall what I got from our conversation Is that He wouldn’t waste money or time going through Global Entry process. Once the CBP App becomes mainstream, then that will be a different story and Global Entry might become valuable again.

If you’ve travelled abroad recently you’ll know which app I’m talking about, if you listen definitely to the CBP video/audio presentation on the inbound flight into the US 1hr prior to arrival.

bigtime209
03-05-2018, 09:38 AM

Because the company pays for it and GE is still faster in most cases.

LineUpAndPay
03-05-2018, 10:02 AM
Because the company pays for it and GE is still faster in most cases.

One Stop where available or Mobile Passport are just incredible. I've never waited with mobile passport and see many more in GE lanes. I wish more airports would get One Stop though

DocRumack
03-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Ok good info. Yeah i've been thru those kiosks if that's what you guys mean. Kinda makes the GE rendundant since the systems can tell right away if further screening is a must. Guess it's no big deal then, however I wonder what's DHS policy. Would they disclose the full incident or just reject the GE / TSA PC to the requesting airline. The 1st one would be preferable as long as one is given the opportunity to give their side of the story. Regardless I plan to be totally transparent come interview day. Thank you guys.

Dfwnightflyer
03-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Mobile Passport is great. Haven’t needed GE yet.