Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

queue
03-05-2018, 10:43 AM
https://www.reuters.com/article/brief-jetblue-airways-says-entered-into/brief-jetblue-airways-says-entered-into-an-agreement-to-implement-an-accelerated-share-repurchase-program-idUSFWN1QK0AO

CaptCoolHand
03-05-2018, 12:20 PM
https://www.reuters.com/article/brief-jetblue-airways-says-entered-into/brief-jetblue-airways-says-entered-into-an-agreement-to-implement-an-accelerated-share-repurchase-program-idUSFWN1QK0AO

They would like the stock they just granted themselves to be worth more than $100K?

It's certainly not to pay the pilots that fly their planes.

kingair35
03-05-2018, 12:29 PM
Unbelievable. You just can’t make this stuff up.....

atrdriver
03-05-2018, 01:08 PM
They would like the stock they just granted themselves to be worth more than $100K?

It's certainly not to pay the pilots that fly their planes.

Too short sighted to realize happy pilots would be good for the value of their stock.

VF32TomCat
03-05-2018, 03:43 PM

That is one of the steps to a merger, buy up as many outstanding shares as possible to keep the prize down for the merger could be a good sign. Keep an eye on negotiations if things start turning positive that is another sign of a merger

Bozo the pilot
03-05-2018, 04:55 PM
That is one of the steps to a merger, buy up as many outstanding shares as possible to keep the prize down for the merger could be a good sign. Keep an eye on negotiations if things start turning positive that is another sign of a merger

Then we're far from a merger;)

Bluedriver
03-06-2018, 04:51 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

Negotiations will start to *sound* positive again leading up to the start of summer. Probably April-May.

They will stay positive (some progress) through the summer. If they get through mid-August with no agreement, good luck to us all, we are done until Jan 2019 at a minimum.

pilotpayne
03-06-2018, 05:07 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

Negotiations will start to *sound* positive again leading up to the start of summer. Probably April-May.

They will stay positive (some progress) through the summer. If they get through mid-August with no agreement, good luck to us all, we are done until Jan 2019 at a minimum.

Seems right but it wouldn’t be hard to sound positive after that last one we got. Leave early for a storm GMAFB.

Rickce7
03-06-2018, 06:37 AM
I must be missing something. . .I thought that by buying up shares, it would prop the price up? Fewer outstanding shares equals a higher share price, no?

aldonite7667
03-06-2018, 06:49 AM
I must be missing something. . .I thought that by buying up shares, it would prop the price up? Fewer outstanding shares equals a higher share price, no?

So would a reverse split which is nearly cost neutral.