Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Vegas commuter hotels.

ROFF
03-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Any Vegas hotel recommendations?

Need a few this month.

Thanks!

Silver02ex
03-06-2018, 01:54 PM
La Quinta north and Super 8 next to Ellis Island, Silver Seven, are popular for the Spirit guys.

Warhawg01
03-06-2018, 03:30 PM
The La Quinta South is a nicer hotel for not much more. The bar down the block had awesome fish and chips.

Psycho18th
03-06-2018, 05:07 PM
I stayed at la Quinta south a few times while commuting there in NOV/DEC. Best part was I could cancel at a momentís notice when I got a trip on reserve and they never charged me anything. Free shuttle to airport and to Mandalay Bay. About $60 a night.

TerrainTerrain
03-06-2018, 10:18 PM
la Quinta north and south. South is a tad nicer, north you can walk to the strip and a ton more places to eat. 60$ out the door. if you have weekend reserve make your reservations a week before they fill up. you can cancel the day of, so no worries. Only problem I have had was with spirit pilots and FAs not being able to get to the van on time, ridiculous.

at6d
03-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Hooters has a deal for SWA pilots that includes scheduled van. Itís a weekday deal if I remember. Itís around $60. Iíll try to find the code.

flensr
03-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Hooters has a deal for SWA pilots that includes scheduled van. Itís a weekday deal if I remember. Itís around $60. Iíll try to find the code.

PM me that code too plz, if you find it :)

ROFF
03-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the info.

I used Hooters. $50 out the door with free transport. No code required.

They even have the Hooters Nascar in the lobby and you can smoke!!

e6bpilot
03-07-2018, 06:24 PM
LQ south if you are looking for a good, no nonsense nice place to lay your head.
North is sketch but I stay there when South is booked.
I havenít stayed at Hooters but I personally would rather skip the strip when I am working.

CA1900
03-07-2018, 10:44 PM
I haven’t stayed at Hooters but I personally would rather skip the strip when I am working.

I stayed there once, and it's a pit. Room barely had any furniture other than the bed and a plastic chair, and the whole place looked really old and run down. The room was incredibly depressing. It made the Radisson in Oakland look like a palace! I wouldn't go back to the Hooters if I could avoid it, despite the low price.

LaQuinta South is a much, much better value for the money, IMO.

utopia
03-08-2018, 12:22 AM
La Quinta South is nice. Agree with everyone who also recommends it here.

navigatro
03-08-2018, 08:31 AM
I like the Encore.

flensr
03-08-2018, 10:31 AM
Does the La Quinta have a shuttle to/from airport?

A fellow pilot told me La Quinta had a $38 rate but I don't have the code for that.

symbian simian
03-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Does the La Quinta have a shuttle to/from airport?

A fellow pilot told me La Quinta had a $38 rate but I don't have the code for that.

LQ north is now $43. Shuttle to airport hourly only, from airport average wait 45 minutes for me.

Fortune Hotel $32, shabby but better van option.