Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Seeking a G-IV pilot

Lugar
03-06-2018, 03:55 PM
Iíve accepted an airline job and am tasked with finding my replacement.

Looking for someone who is going to be comfortable flying the G-IV right away after school ďanywhere in the world.Ē Job is about 200 hours per year and typically < 100 days and < 50 overnights. Youíll struggle to have high status at any hotel because the airplane just doesnít fly enough.

If seriously interested, send me a PM and letís talk.

wheresthefood
03-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Taking the Dubai job?

patthepilot
03-07-2018, 07:18 AM
Retiring airline pilot with 4 years corp experience. typed AB-321, B737, MD-80/DC-9. 25,000 hours. Currently 63. does this make me a viable candidate or too old?
thanks

Lugar
03-07-2018, 07:21 AM
Retiring airline pilot with 4 years corp experience. typed AB-321, B737, MD-80/DC-9. 25,000 hours. Currently 63. does this make me a viable candidate or too old?
thanks

Not too old.
However, Iím not sure how comfortable youíd be running a corporate airplane to international destinations without any support from the company?

Lugar
03-07-2018, 07:21 AM
Taking the Dubai job?

Yes I did.

Champeen07
03-07-2018, 08:07 AM
Where is it based? What is the negotiable salary range? PIC or SIC?

Lugar
03-07-2018, 08:32 AM
Where is it based? What is the negotiable salary range? PIC or SIC?

San Francisco Bay Area. PIC/aircraft manager.

SrfNFly227
03-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Are you on Facebook? Several groups on there for private/professional/corporate pilots. There is also a page for corporate job posting. You'd probably have an easier time filling the position by posting in one of those groups.

GVCPT
03-07-2018, 01:08 PM
One of my former lead captains on the GIV/G450 lives in the Bay area. He may be interested. Can you message me an email address so he can send a resume?

J

Lugar
03-07-2018, 01:35 PM
One of my former lead captains on the GIV/G450 lives in the Bay area. He may be interested. Can you message me an email address so he can send a resume?

J

Sure. Sent via private message.

galaxy flyer
03-07-2018, 01:50 PM
After that easy, peasy G IV job in San Fran; youíre going to Dubai for, I guess, EK? Wow, just WOW.

GF

Lugar
03-07-2018, 01:53 PM
After that easy, peasy G IV job in San Fran; youíre going to Dubai for, I guess, EK? Wow, just WOW.

GF

Yep, quite a move. Really looking forward to the change of pace.

Lykaskygod
03-07-2018, 02:19 PM
I left EK for corporate. Have fun flying your ears off. My last month there was 110 hours and about 9 days off. I hope it has improved a little!

Lugar
03-07-2018, 02:51 PM
I left EK for corporate. Have fun flying your ears off. My last month there was 110 hours and about 9 days off. I hope it has improved a little!

Thanks. I am eager to fly their route structure. I suppose that 110 hours isnít so bad as long as you get 2 or 3 ULRís per month.

Lugar
03-07-2018, 02:51 PM
A MUCH better resource than Facebook would be www.ProPilotWorld.com (https://www.ProPilotWorld.com), at least everyone there is a verified Professional Pilot.

ďProfessionalĒ used loosely. Lots of rookies over there that aspire to be a professional pilot, but not nearly as many who ARE pro pilots.

galaxy flyer
03-07-2018, 03:04 PM
I know guys over thereóthey cannot wait to get back!

GF

Lugar
03-07-2018, 03:14 PM
I know guys over thereóthey cannot wait to get back!

GF

Back to Dubai when theyíre on a trip? Or, back to the USA, or whatever their home country is, while on trips?

Itís a damn impressive airline. On my flight to DXB the crew were from 11 countries and spoke 14 languages. On the flight back to the USA, it was similar. Itís too bad that we donít have that kind of setup on the airlines here in the US.

Lugar
03-07-2018, 03:52 PM
Right from the website:

I'd hardly call that "rookie" besides they require everyone to have at least a Commercial Pilot certificate as a minimum to join, so no wannabes, posers or fakes.

But I'm sure Facebook would be a much more reliable source to find a pilot. :eek: :rolleyes:

13000 + 250 = 13250
13250/2 = 6625

So basically half high timers, and half low timers gives you the average that youíve posted.

How many ACTIVE (not registered) members does propilotworld.com have? Are only active users counted in their average total time, or all users?

galaxy flyer
03-07-2018, 04:00 PM
Back to Dubai when theyíre on a trip? Or, back to the USA, or whatever their home country is, while on trips?

Itís a damn impressive airline. On my flight to DXB the crew were from 11 countries and spoke 14 languages. On the flight back to the USA, it was similar. Itís too bad that we donít have that kind of setup on the airlines here in the US.

Iíve flown them a lot; have former colleagues there. The work schedule is horrible, they say. Lots of ULR, followed by little scheduled off time; difficult management culture (review the B777 accident); expensive living in a very non-Western nation. No is not a word to use often.

GF

Lugar
03-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Iíve flown them a lot; have former colleagues there. The work schedule is horrible, they say. Lots of ULR, followed by little scheduled off time; difficult management culture (review the B777 accident); expensive living in a very non-Western nation. No is not a word to use often.

GF

Dubai is about as westernized as it gets outside of the USA. Iíve spent quite a lot of time out there and can honestly say, itís a very western society. Not only are there tons of Americans, Canadians, Australians, etc working there, restaurants such as IHOP, Five Guys, Applebeeís, Olive Garden, etc all have a presence in Dubai.

Expensive living? You do realize that schooling (if you have children), housing, etc are all paid for by Emirates, right?

galaxy flyer
03-07-2018, 04:31 PM
Dubai is about as westernized as it gets outside of the USA. Iíve spent quite a lot of time out there and can honestly say, itís a very western society. Not only are there tons of Americans, Canadians, Australians, etc working there, restaurants such as IHOP, Five Guys, Applebeeís, Olive Garden, etc all have a presence in Dubai.

Expensive living? You do realize that schooling (if you have children), housing, etc are all paid for by Emirates, right?

Yes, Iíve spent a lot of time there, months. But, donít let the glitz lull you into thinking itís America with warmer weather. EK pays an allowance for housing and schools, not to say, the allowances cover the actual costs. The prices for most consumer purchases are less than Europe, more than the US. T&Cs at EK have declined markedly over the last few years.

Good luck.

03-07-2018, 08:25 PM
Keep in mind the OP trolled the Kalitta forms so well that someone asked Connie himself about a made up phone call that the OP made regarding an interview

Lugar
03-07-2018, 08:46 PM
Keep in mind the OP trolled the Kalitta forms so well that someone asked Connie himself about a made up phone call that the OP made regarding an interview

Except it wasnít made up. I have opted to pursue another avenue, but Iím grateful for Connie doing his part to get me an interview.

Lykaskygod
03-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Thanks. I am eager to fly their route structure. I suppose that 110 hours isnít so bad as long as you get 2 or 3 ULRís per month.

I think the most ULRís I got in a year was 13. Usually around 10 a year. I bid for the two max every month. Rarely got them. I know because of tax reasons. You get taxed on that part of your income.
It is when you get back from a ULR on say Thursday afternoon. Friday off and then a night India turn leaving at 9pm on Saturday. Returning at 7am Sunday.
I would really consider a US carrier. Captains are way underpaid at EK,

03-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Except it wasnít made up. I have opted to pursue another avenue, but Iím grateful for Connie doing his part to get me an interview.

Best of luck to you over there

03-08-2018, 08:30 PM

That thread just made me laugh for some reason. Good luck over there Lugar