Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Low timequestion

baseball
03-08-2018, 04:28 AM
Does SWA have any special programs to hire low time CFIís?

Just curious how low you guys go??

Over at United itís getting weird with some special program that short circuits the dues-paying process.

Internship programs, any thing special to lower requirements?

WHACKMASTER
03-08-2018, 04:47 AM
Does SWA have any special programs to hire low time CFIís?

Just curious how low you guys go??

Over at United itís getting weird with some special program that short circuits the dues-paying process.

Internship programs, any thing special to lower requirements?

No. The lowest TT youíll see in NH classes is fighter pilots with 2,000 TT.

Peacock
03-08-2018, 04:48 AM
There are guys with less than 2000tt. My buddy was at about 1700

WHACKMASTER
03-08-2018, 04:49 AM
There are guys with less than 2000tt. My buddy was at about 1700

Not civilian though, right?

Peacock
03-08-2018, 04:50 AM
No he was a fighter guy

ZapBrannigan
03-08-2018, 10:46 AM
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WHACKMASTER
03-08-2018, 02:26 PM
No he was a fighter guy

Ridiculous....

MudhammedCJ
03-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Well he was probably a good $hit.

WHACKMASTER
03-08-2018, 02:47 PM
Well he was probably a good $hit.

Said his buds from his unit.

flensr
03-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Saw a "just hired" post from a viper guy... This guy had around 300 hrs in the viper, got the early separation waiver from the AF. Got 1200 hrs with a regional, hired by a legacy with almost exactly 1500 hrs.

And some people say HR prep is useless... Once you meet the min qualifications, it's ALL about how you present yourself.

edit - To be clear, there are different kinds of HR prep. The kind that fits you into a cookie-cutter version of what they think the company is trying to hire can be identified during the interview, and may be a negative factor. The kind of prep that makes sure your resume, application, and logbooks are in order, and then gives you tips *and practice* presenting yourself, can be very positive because your genuine personality comes out instead of a mechanical approximation of "good" interview answers and nitpicking Q&A over application/logbook errors.

Peacock
03-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Ridiculous....

How so?

RckyMtHigh
03-08-2018, 04:49 PM
How so?

Don't ask. Just walk away before this becomes another 10 page mil vs civilian thread.

flensr
03-08-2018, 04:56 PM
Don't ask. Just walk away before this becomes another 10 page mil vs civilian thread.

Yea. Haters gonna hate :)

NarcolepticAV8R
03-08-2018, 06:01 PM
We all have varied and diverse backgrounds. Thatís what ultimately keeps aviation interesting and fun. Just because someone was hired with low time doesnít mean you should hold that against them. Your (and my) time will come.

PowerShift
03-09-2018, 09:04 AM
This info is a year old, but I would guess the average total time for civilian guys in my class was 6500 hrs. Most around that 8000 hr time. A few with 4500 etc.

at6d
03-09-2018, 12:38 PM
We all have varied and diverse backgrounds. Thatís what ultimately keeps aviation interesting and fun. Just because someone was hired with low time doesnít mean you should hold that against them. Your (and my) time will come.

As long as a candidateís experience is judged to be suitable, iím game.

RJSAviator76
03-10-2018, 05:40 AM
Ryanair in Europe advertises 1200TT for "direct entry FO" and they'll even hire "direct entry captains" with 3500TT...

https://careers.ryanair.com/pilots-requirements/

Unlike here, they hire right at the minimums.

at6d
03-10-2018, 12:04 PM
Donít you think that they would if they didnít have more qualified applicants?

dbflyer
03-13-2018, 08:04 AM
edit - To be clear, there are different kinds of HR prep. The kind that fits you into a cookie-cutter version of what they think the company is trying to hire can be identified during the interview, and may be a negative factor. The kind of prep that makes sure your resume, application, and logbooks are in order, and then gives you tips *and practice* presenting yourself, can be very positive because your genuine personality comes out instead of a mechanical approximation of "good" interview answers and nitpicking Q&A over application/logbook errors.

I know there are other threads about this, but curious if you have a recomendation on who to use specifically for SWA? Thanks

flensr
03-13-2018, 05:29 PM
I know there are other threads about this, but curious if you have a recomendation on who to use specifically for SWA? Thanks

Rebekah Krone. https://careertakeoff.com/

THEKERNALKLINK
04-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Yea. Haters gonna hate :)

As someone who came in through the military, I can say that I have nothing but total respect for those who went the civilian route. My background was different, I instructed and was very committed to furthering myself while on active duty. My experience also pre-dated my military service.

For the most part I'm looking over at men and women who are very much my equal who are fresh to the company, but they are masters at the craft, and who do bring things to the table that I didn't when I 1st walked through the door. HOWEVER, I brought with me my own set of skills and abilities that are common among military hires, and that deserves respect as well.

Group hug!

P.S. DON'T go the military route if it's not a call to serve that burns deep in ones heart. Be willing and glad to do it, even if it ended up being a non flying billet you end up filling.

at6d
04-12-2018, 09:19 PM
Great post.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1