Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Sunglasses in the terminal

DENpilot
03-08-2018, 10:42 PM
I might just have to b-slap the next pilot I see wearing their aviators in the terminal.

Is this becoming an epidemic?

In PHX, literally passed a SKW FO followed by an AA FO on the moving walkways wearing their sunglasses, and the AA FO with a hat on. It felt like a scene from "LA to Vegas".

Then, I arrive home on my commute and there is another pilot in the gate area on his phone texting/facebooking/whatever wearing his shades, too!

Whiskey. Tango. Fox.

BTW, I hear it is always sunny in doucheville.

sherpster
03-09-2018, 02:57 AM
I sometimes wear my sunglasses for short periods indoors because they are prescription sunglasses and also because I must be a douche. If you are offended by sunglasses then you are going to have a coronary by age 40

Learflyer
03-09-2018, 02:59 AM
Mine are prescription. Sometimes I just wear them in instead of doing the change-the-glasses-shuffle. :)

captjns
03-09-2018, 03:31 AM
I might just have to b-slap the next pilot I see wearing their aviators in the terminal.

In PHX, literally passed a SKW FO followed by an AA FO on the moving walkways wearing their sunglasses, and the AA FO with a hat on. It felt like a scene from "LA to Vegas".

Then, I arrive home on my commute and there is another pilot in the gate area on his phone texting/facebooking/whatever wearing his shades, too!

Whiskey. Tango. Fox.

Really?!? YGTBSM:eek: What’s next... jacket not buttoned? Hat not on straight?

GogglesPisano
03-09-2018, 03:49 AM
They were on his lawn, too.

crflyer
03-09-2018, 03:51 AM
I tend to agree aside from the scenarios involving prescriptions, which are likely way less common than just the regular sunglasses choosing to be worn. Sunglasses and earbuds walking through the terminal come off as fairly unprofessional. No, I donít expect you to hold a sign saying theyíre prescription. With many people, you can just.... tell.

And yeah... jacket not buttoned would look sloppy also.

HercDriver130
03-09-2018, 03:54 AM

Whiskey. Tango. Fox.

I think you need to look in the mirror to see doucheville...... give it a rest ... worry about your own ****.

crxpilot
03-09-2018, 04:11 AM

Whiskey. Tango. Fox.

With ALL the things to worry about in this world, you concern yourself with someone else wearing sunglasses indoors. Really? Are you Mr. GQ? MYOFB.

Bootleg
03-09-2018, 04:28 AM
I was in Home Depot once and saw this @ssclown with his jacket and hat on in the paint dept. he heard me bust out laughing.

It was a capt none the less.

WHACKMASTER
03-09-2018, 04:51 AM
Totally agree with the OP. Itís completley unprofessional and toolish. Take the ^*%#ing ear buds out, the sunglasses off, button your jacket and wear shoes that are at least somewhat clean/polished, and act in a manner that doesnít cause embarrassment to the profession. Simple concept.

rickair7777
03-09-2018, 05:02 AM
I sometimes wear my sunglasses for short periods indoors because they are prescription sunglasses and also because I must be a douche. If you are offended by sunglasses then you are going to have a coronary by age 40

Mine are prescription. Sometimes I just wear them in instead of doing the change-the-glasses-shuffle. :)

Mine are prescription too. I often leave them on for a quick trip indoors to a taco stand or something like that.

But uniform at the airport I take them off, so the public doesn't get the wrong idea. The public doesn't know your shades are prescription, they just think you're dooshy when you do that.

full of luv
03-09-2018, 05:02 AM

Whiskey. Tango. Fox.

Maybe they have that same affliction that struck Jim McMahon his whole career.......

rickair7777
03-09-2018, 05:05 AM
Totally agree with the OP. Itís completley unprofessional and toolish. Take the ^*%#ing ear buds out, the sunglasses off, button your jacket and wear shoes that are at least somewhat clean/polished, and act in a manner that doesnít cause embarrassment to the profession. Simple concept.

This. It's a tough sell to management (and shareholders, and the public) when we ask for top 5% compensation but look like minimum wage fast-food technicians.

Poser765
03-09-2018, 07:34 AM
Mine are prescription too. I often leave them on for a quick trip indoors to a taco stand or something like that.

But uniform at the airport I take them off, so the public doesn't get the wrong idea. The public doesn't know your shades are prescription, they just think you're dooshy when you do that.does the public think it is, or is it just us? I would assume the general public, largely, doesn't notice or care.

rickair7777
03-09-2018, 08:12 AM
does the public think it is, or is it just us? I would assume the general public, largely, doesn't notice or care.

The public knows that anybody who wears sunglasses indoors is trying to make a statement. They may not know what the statement is.

They also notice slovenly grooming and dress. Millenials may not care, but the older generations who account for 95% of the purchasing power are more inclined to notice stuff like that.

Qotsaautopilot
03-09-2018, 08:15 AM
I really enjoy the the guys with bright colored plastic frames wearing them on the back of their heads when they’re not in use. Put them away and act like an adult

jcountry
03-09-2018, 09:09 AM
The act of wearing sunglasses indoors might be a little odd, but the true max douche factor guys wear them perched on their brow. Not up on the forehead, or on the nose, but precisely halfway between. There is no excuse for that. Itís the eyewear equivalent of a man bun.

And donít get me started on the skateboard crowd. The only reason to carry one of those on an overnight is for some adult to hit you in the face with it. Repeatedly.

flensr
03-09-2018, 09:10 AM
My favorite was the CA wearing the sunglasses up on his head in the terminal... at 10pm before starting a night-only trip. Microfiber bags are about $10/dozen on amazon, just sayin.

Learflyer
03-09-2018, 09:14 AM
What about the guys that wear sunglasses on their heads at night whether in a restaurant, bar etc? You know it's going to be dark soon. Leave em in your car!

full of luv
03-09-2018, 09:28 AM
My favorite was the CA wearing the sunglasses up on his head in the terminal... at 10pm before starting a night-only trip. Microfiber bags are about $10/dozen on amazon, just sayin.

Maybe he's trying to hide the fact that his pupils were dilated....

Peacock
03-09-2018, 10:58 AM
Some of you need to find a hobby besides scrutinizing how other men dress or wear their sunglasses. Good Lord

Nuke
03-09-2018, 11:41 AM
Guess I am a douche too. Mine are prescription as well. Also, some of these terminals are all glass and just too damn bright. If it is hot in the terminal, I take off the jacket and hat as well.

100LL
03-09-2018, 11:46 AM

vroll1800
03-09-2018, 11:56 AM
With ALL the things to worry about in this world, you concern yourself with someone else wearing sunglasses indoors. Really? Are you Mr. GQ? MYOFB.

This thread just reminded me of a "story" that allegedly happened in the prop, or very early jet age. One pilot on his day off would don a competitors uniform, and walk through the terminal wearing sunglasses with a walking cane, and a "How To Fly Airplanes" book.

deadseal
03-09-2018, 01:18 PM
Iíd rather see some douche in sunglasses than some tubby mess oozing out of his uniform. Way more unprofessional imo

BobZ
03-09-2018, 01:31 PM
Iíd rather see some douche in sunglasses than some tubby mess oozing out of his uniform. Way more unprofessional imo

Fashionistas will tell you the best way to scale an ample middle is bright or otherwise eye catching headwear. :)

WHACKMASTER
03-09-2018, 01:58 PM

Iíd rather not see either. Theyíre both an embarrassment.

Al Czervik
03-09-2018, 02:03 PM
I was in Home Depot once and saw this @ssclown with his jacket and hat on in the paint dept. he heard me bust out laughing.

It was a capt none the less.

Pics or it didnít happen.

Dolphinflyer
03-09-2018, 02:13 PM

The tubby messes are flying to cover for the "in shape" guys who are out on sick leave for rotator-cuff and L5-S1 vertebrae fusion surgery after years of cross-fit and weight lifting.:D

TiredSoul
03-09-2018, 03:16 PM
I sometimes wear my sunglasses for short periods indoors because they are prescription sunglasses

Do you ( and others) wear your headset in the terminal also or do you put that in your headset bag when youíre shut down at the gate?
;)

Dolphinflyer
03-09-2018, 04:27 PM
Do you ( and others) wear your headset in the terminal also or do you put that in your headset bag when youíre shut down at the gate?
;)

Yes, I wear my DC-ProX with the Bluetooth streaming from my phone the RealATC replay audio of my just completed leg so I can debrief the First Officer as we briskly walk double time to the next gate. (Except the FO's run faster ahead of me, I think I inspire them to move even faster than me) :D

SonicFlyer
03-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Itís the eyewear equivalent of a man bun.

Funniest thing I've ever read on APC :D

sherpster
03-09-2018, 06:37 PM
;)

Yes, keeps passengers from asking me any stupid questions. My headset saves my hearing out of the cockpit too. Mowing the lawn, gun range, fireworks, sports events...you name and I wear my headset and my sunglasses to it. Heck, when I flew the space shuttle I would wear my space suit on my drive home just in case my car caught fire. Safety first!

https://g.co/kgs/UvmT7k

worstpilotever
03-09-2018, 06:44 PM
I walk thru the terminal with a chubbie....is that unprofessional?

Gordie H
03-09-2018, 06:56 PM

Its fine, as long as you don't have your sunglasses on too.....

flensr
03-09-2018, 08:33 PM
Maybe he's trying to hide the fact that his pupils were dilated....

He wasn't wearing them on his face, they were up top on his head, ready for instant use, as required.

It's a memory item.

Glaring Light Event: SUNGLASSES - DEPLOY

So you could say he was just better prepared than the rest of us.

Dolphinflyer
03-09-2018, 08:56 PM

You picked her, you walk her and feed her.

Adlerdriver
03-09-2018, 09:19 PM
I'll cut a sun-glass clown all the slack in the world if he can talk on the radio like a pro. Come on.... let's b!tch about something worthwhile. :D

"Checkin' in....."
"Three-five-oh"
"10-point-6 for 13"
Start every response with..."Okay...." like some kind of place holder
"Here we go"

and the list goes on and on.......

Harrisburg
03-09-2018, 09:32 PM
their aviators .

People still wear those??

450knotOffice
03-09-2018, 11:12 PM
That made me LOL!! Thanks for the laugh! 😌

Heck, when I flew the space shuttle I would wear my space suit on my drive home just in case my car caught fire. Safety first!

https://g.co/kgs/UvmT7k

Poser765
03-10-2018, 07:49 AM
My favorite was the CA wearing the sunglasses up on his head in the terminal... at 10pm before starting a night-only trip. Microfiber bags are about $10/dozen on amazon, just sayin.a dude at night with sunglasses on his head goes in a very select category of individual. It's the category of people I almost immediately deem not worthy of taking seriously. Other entrants include people that say "sheeple" and those rag on millennials.

dogpilot
03-10-2018, 09:53 AM
a dude at night with sunglasses on his head goes in a very select category of individual. It's the category of people I almost immediately deem not worthy of taking seriously. Other entrants include people that say "sheeple" and those rag on millennials.
Sunglasses on back of head, like you have eyes in back of your head, during the sunny day is most awkward.

Dolphinflyer
03-10-2018, 10:30 AM
If they're hanging down on my Croakies after sunset does that count the same as on the head? :D

ceelo
03-10-2018, 10:55 AM

It's apc. Whining is all these people do.

UNDGUY
03-10-2018, 10:56 AM
I flew with a captain that used to wear his bluetooth device for his phone in his ear all the time. The one with the blinking blue light. Drove me absolutely nuts. Especially at night. Not sure who he thought was calling when we were at 35,000 feet in cruise, but it looked cool and let others know he was cool i guess.

dbflyer
03-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Have a friend that flew sports teams. He asked a NBA player why he was wearing sun glasses when he got on the airplane at night. The player responded, "When you're cool, you got to be cool 24hrs a day!":D

LNL76
03-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Can the sunglasses be any worse than a backpack worn over both shoulders like a 3 year old headed to his first day at pre-school? I think not

GogglesPisano
03-10-2018, 12:37 PM
How about a guy with a baseball cap on backwards, with sunglasses on backwards ... at night.

Airport bar last night.

bizzlepilot
03-10-2018, 12:46 PM

That right there is priceless! Well done.

labbats
03-10-2018, 01:14 PM
Was it a middle-aged Canadian? Because if Rob Halford can fly people so can Corey Hart.

worstpilotever
03-10-2018, 02:37 PM

Don't knock it til you try it

Learflyer
03-10-2018, 03:23 PM
What about the a-holes who workout with sunglasses on at the gym?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peacock
03-10-2018, 04:02 PM
What about the a-holes who workout with sunglasses on at the gym?

Are they also wearing a Bane mask?

pilot0987
03-10-2018, 04:11 PM
Are they also wearing a Bane mask?

I wear the bane mask, earbuds and sunglasses on long walks through the airport. When i get thirsty i go into my bookbag and get smoothing cool to drink.

sherpster
03-10-2018, 05:03 PM
I wear the bane mask, earbuds and sunglasses on long walks through the airport. When i get thirsty i go into my bookbag and get smoothing cool to drink.

Rookie. I wear a camel bak with my Army nametape/rank on it still. No need to reach for anything.

Peacock
03-10-2018, 06:05 PM
Roller bags are too expensive so I just use my trusty seabag.

Poser765
03-10-2018, 06:23 PM
Roller bags are too expensive so I just use my trusty seabag.if it's good enough for Walmart it's good enough for me... Plastic bag master race reporting in.

flensr
03-10-2018, 07:04 PM
if it's good enough for Walmart it's good enough for me... Plastic bag master race reporting in.

True and sad ex-military story... The nice conservative gym bag I had been using in the USAF for 15 years became suddenly against regulations when the geniuses in senior command decided to make things suck more, and one of the stupid rules was that gym bags used on base had to be only one color. Mine was a nice deep green and dark blue, looked fine, not an eyesore or "unprofessional", until suddenly it was.

However, they put no restrictions on shopping bags. So I raided my wife's closet and found a few of the brightest shiny reusable shopping bags, and started taking those to the gym instead. Bright pink, huge shiny chrome silver stripes, big flowers, etc etc.

Because I never forgot a rule taught to me as a young kid brand new to a flying squadron... Treat every stupid time-wasting non-operational regulation as a tactical exercise to defeat/circumvent, and consider the morons who write them as your deadly enemies. It's good practice developing habitual thought patterns to defeat the rules your real enemies are using, and it sticks it right in the eye of anyone making the warfighter's job harder with unnecessary rules and regulations.

So. Macy's bag to the USAF gym, in the name of combat effectiveness :)

Yea yea cool story bro, whatever. Haters gonna hate :)

CBreezy
03-10-2018, 07:25 PM
The public knows that anybody who wears sunglasses indoors is trying to make a statement. They may not know what the statement is.

They also notice slovenly grooming and dress. Millenials may not care, but the older generations who account for 95% of the purchasing power are more inclined to notice stuff like that.

https://www.travelagentcentral.com/running-your-business/stats-millennials-to-travel-35-percent-more-2017-according-to-mmgy

https://apex.aero/2017/02/09/millennial-business-traveler

Don't let those pesky facts get in the way of making a blanket statement about an entire generation.

TiredSoul
03-11-2018, 03:21 AM
flensr, that is actually a cool story :)
Had me laughing

CaptYoda
03-11-2018, 03:34 AM
And suddenly I am getting pop-ups for sunglasses and prescription glasses:eek:

jcountry
03-11-2018, 06:02 AM
https://www.travelagentcentral.com/running-your-business/stats-millennials-to-travel-35-percent-more-2017-according-to-mmgy

https://apex.aero/2017/02/09/millennial-business-traveler

Don't let those pesky facts get in the way of making a blanket statement about an entire generation.

Yep.

Economic forecasts clearly show that those guys will have way more money for travel.

Given the fact that 98.9% of them will return to live in Mommyís basement after earning that tough art history degree.

CBreezy
03-11-2018, 06:35 AM
Yep.

Economic forecasts clearly show that those guys will have way more money for travel.

Given the fact that 98.9% of them will return to live in Mommyís basement after earning that tough art history degree.

If you had read the article, Millennials now travel more on business trips than their GenX and Baby Boomer counterparts. That's where the money is. Millennials are also more likely to buy add-ons like wifi. Again, the claim that "they don't have any money to dictate market forces" is without any facts.

And don't forget that any millennial majoring in basket weaving in college and then moving in their parent's house is a failure of parenting by their Boomer parents.

sherpster
03-11-2018, 06:58 AM
Baby Boomers are pretty much the most selfish generation in the history of planet earth. Thanks for the 20 trillion dollars in debt. Thanks for ruining Social Security. Thanks for never winning a war. Thanks for having all those divorces over the years...have you seen the movie "Four Christmases"? Thanks for giving up on religion, now we are bunch
of immoral bastards. Thanks for deciding you would rather jerk around and have fun instead of raising children. And the few kids you decided to have are a bunch of over dramatic crybaby children, oh wait, never mind...my bad.

tomgoodman
03-11-2018, 07:15 AM
Of course the Millenials will gradually take power from the old conservative geezers, only to find that they have become conservative geezers themselves. Donít think that will happen? Neither did the Hippies. :D

jcountry
03-11-2018, 08:13 AM
Baby Boomers are pretty much the most selfish generation in the history of planet earth. Thanks for the 20 trillion dollars in debt. Thanks for ruining Social Security. Thanks for never winning a war. Thanks for having all those divorces over the years...have you seen the movie "Four Christmases"? Thanks for giving up on religion, now we are bunch
of immoral bastards. Thanks for deciding you would rather jerk around and have fun instead of raising children. And the few kids you decided to have are a bunch of over dramatic crybaby children, oh wait, never mind...my bad.

Boomers do have a lot of faults, but most I know actually worked hard once they grew up and made pretty good lives for their families.

And I donít think I have ever heard of one needing a Ďsafe spaceí to retreat to when they feel Ďtriggered.í

Maybe millennials will impress us eventually. Once they get through traveling on mommyís money.... And perhaps tire of Pokťmon Go

sherpster
03-11-2018, 08:40 AM
This thread is officially off the rails but lets keep it going

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2017/12/20/16772670/baby-boomers-millennials-congress-debt

A guy may work hard and make 100k a year but if he spends 200k a year, marries and divorces multiple times, litters, stops going to church, treats other races like crap, and only worries only about himself then he, not the indoors sunglasses guy, is the real douche. As far as generations go the baby boomers are the ultimate douches.

I need to stop the updates to this thread from hell

RhinoPherret
03-11-2018, 10:41 AM
This thread is officially off the rails but lets keep it going

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2017/12/20/16772670/baby-boomers-millennials-congress-debt

A guy may work hard and make 100k a year but if he spends 200k a year, marries and divorces multiple times, litters, stops going to church, treats other races like crap, and only worries only about himself then he, not the indoors sunglasses guy, is the real douche. As far as generations go the baby boomers are the ultimate douches.

I need to stop the updates to this thread from hell

Speaking of off the rails...sheesh! Why get all worked up over something as trivial as this? You must have something more important in life to focus your worries on, right?

Qotsaautopilot
03-11-2018, 10:47 AM
Boomers do have a lot of faults, but most I know actually worked hard once they grew up and made pretty good lives for their families.

And I donít think I have ever heard of one needing a Ďsafe spaceí to retreat to when they feel Ďtriggered.í

Maybe millennials will impress us eventually. Once they get through traveling on mommyís money.... And perhaps tire of Pokťmon Go

Problem is everyone stereotypes mellennials as 18-25 that has no job and lives with their parents. Fact is that there are many millennials that are 35 with great jobs and raising responsible good families. Yet for some reason millennial keeps being used as a derogatory term.

CBreezy
03-11-2018, 11:46 AM
Problem is everyone stereotypes mellennials as 18-25 that has no job and lives with their parents. Fact is that there are many millennials that are 35 with great jobs and raising responsible good families. Yet for some reason millennial keeps being used as a derogatory term.

There are people in their early 20s just going to college and looking for jobs???? Say it ain't so! I agree, there are many early to mid-30 Millennials that are making, saving and spending more than the generations that came before.

BobZ
03-11-2018, 11:55 AM

Im a boomer and would pretty much agree with your pov.

One of my boomer brothers calld me po'd his kid 'respected' me more than him.....i told my brother....'your kid calls you by your first name. You raised him as ur buddy.what do you expect?'

crflyer
03-11-2018, 11:59 AM
Ah yes, letís bring religion into things.

jcountry
03-11-2018, 12:14 PM
A good thing about milleials:

I know a lot of them who are actually pretty smart about debt.

Most boomers never saw debt they didnít love, and spent much of their lives trying to pay it off. I know a few millennials who are being very smart about living with less debt.

Dolphinflyer
03-11-2018, 03:36 PM
I used to amuse myself ragging on the younger generation raised on Xbox etc.

And then members of this same generation were pulled out of their so-called soft material aimless lives and formed cohesive fighting units that cleared house after house in places like Fallujah Iraq that were infested with bipolar, psychotic sun god worshipping death cult rats unlike any the US Military has seen since Iwo Jima.

There are plenty of worthless man-bun commies in coffee houses. There are also a bunch of serious patriots with balls.

My salute to them.

CBreezy
03-11-2018, 03:43 PM
I used to amuse myself ragging on the younger generation raised on Xbox etc.

And then members of this same generation were pulled out of their so-called soft material aimless lives and formed cohesive fighting units that cleared house after house in places like Fallujah Iraq that were infested with bipolar, psychotic sun god worshipping death cult rats unlike any the US Military has seen since Iwo Jima.

There are plenty of worthless man-bun commies in coffee houses. There are also a bunch of serious patriots with balls.

My salute to them.

Clearing houses in Fallujah shouldn't be the indication of ones worth in society. There are plenty of business leaders, entrepreneurs, doctors, lawyers, pilots, and yes soldiers that come from the millennial generation.

Interesting fact: some of those man-bun wearing commies probably kicked down doors in Iraq

sherpster
03-11-2018, 03:51 PM
Speaking of off the rails...sheesh! Why get all worked up over something as trivial as this? You must have something more important in life to focus your worries on, right?

Just messing around. This thread is pretty darn comical. I really could care less.

Dolphinflyer
03-11-2018, 06:27 PM
Clearing houses in Fallujah shouldn't be the indication of ones worth in society. There are plenty of business leaders, entrepreneurs, doctors, lawyers, pilots, and yes soldiers that come from the millennial generation.

Interesting fact: some of those man-bun wearing commies probably kicked down doors in Iraq

Sorry Spenser.
You're not getting any credit with your participation trophies and your potential partnership with the Rabinowitz, Steinberg and Heinmann ambulance chasing law office.

NuGuy
03-11-2018, 08:37 PM

Whiskey. Tango. Fox.

I always wear my sunglasses at night, because when you are as cool as I am, the sun shines on you 24 hours a day....

CBreezy
03-12-2018, 03:23 AM
Sorry Spenser.
You're not getting any credit with your participation trophies and your potential partnership with the Rabinowitz, Steinberg and Heinmann ambulance chasing law office.

I served my country, thanks. I also think anyone who only values people who were in the military is a narrow-minded simpleton.

Frip
03-12-2018, 03:33 AM
"Time for some that cool pilot ****, Mav"

dash8driver
03-12-2018, 05:49 AM
Have you tried walking through the connector in terminal C in EWR during a sunny morning? Iím surprised those people trying to sign passengers up for the United credit card arenít permanently blind from staring into the sun every day.

Qotsaautopilot
03-12-2018, 12:52 PM
Have you tried walking through the connector in terminal C in EWR during a sunny morning? Iím surprised those people trying to sign passengers up for the United credit card arenít permanently blind from staring into the sun every day.

The sun shines in Jersey?

Nuke
03-12-2018, 02:01 PM

Yup, that's why I am a douche who wears my sunglasses indoors:)

Stratosphere
03-12-2018, 04:45 PM

I am a tail end baby boomer and I will be lucky if I see Social Security and as far as the crybaby kids it's you gen x or millennials or whatever generation you are that do not instill any discipline in your children. They have no respect for their elders or teachers or anyone. I never had "time out' when I was a kid I got knocked out if I got out of line. As far as the multiple wars and debt and loss of religion even though I am not religious myself I am on the same page. I have been working since I was 15 and am now 55 you think I am happy with the ponzi scheme of social security you are mistaken. I better never hear any politician talk about "entitlement" reform. You better believe I am entitled I paid into it I better get it.

CBreezy
03-12-2018, 04:58 PM
I am a tail end baby boomer and I will be lucky if I see Social Security and as far as the crybaby kids it's you gen x or millennials or whatever generation you are that do not instill any discipline in your children. They have no respect for their elders or teachers or anyone. I never had "time out' when I was a kid I got knocked out if I got out of line. As far as the multiple wars and debt and loss of religion even though I am not religious myself I am on the same page. I have been working since I was 15 and am now 55 you think I am happy with the ponzi scheme of social security you are mistaken. I better never hear any politician talk about "entitlement" reform. You better believe I am entitled I paid into it I better get it.

In case you were confused, 55 puts you right in the middle of raising the Millennials...being that Millennials are now 18-35.

2StgTurbine
03-12-2018, 09:07 PM
I never had "time out' when I was a kid I got knocked out if I got out of line.

Cool. I am sure the threat of physical violence on a child never produces any unwanted side affects.

DENpilot
03-12-2018, 10:26 PM
Cool. I am sure the threat of physical violence on a child never produces any unwanted side affects.

Worked on me. Kids are little ****s these days because they're coddled and parents are in denial. Everyone's kid is an angel and buy them the toy and THEN they'll be good...

essayons
03-13-2018, 04:35 AM

Whiskey. Tango. Fox.

I saw a pilot who dared to have his hands in his pocket, the chief pilot put him in the front leaning rest position. Put him on KP, I mean reserve for a month.

Trowserchilli
03-13-2018, 04:44 AM
What about sunglasses inside the hotel?

Denzel wore his in the Hotel in the movie, Flight.

WHACKMASTER
03-13-2018, 04:56 AM

And that there is the mentality thatís a big part of the reason for the societal problems we have today.

GogglesPisano
03-13-2018, 07:03 AM
Itís been proven in countless studies that physical discipline of children has very negative consequences later in life. Time to evolve.

rickair7777
03-13-2018, 08:21 AM
What about sunglasses inside the hotel?

Denzel wore his in the Hotel in the movie, Flight.

That made sense... his pupils were dilated.

WHACKMASTER
03-13-2018, 09:46 AM
Itís been proven in countless studies that physical discipline of children has very negative consequences later in life. Time to evolve.

Bull$7!+. Physical discipline worked on me when I needed it and I turned into a productive member of society.

Youíve gotta find what kids are afraid of. If itís losing the video game then discipline them that way. If theyíre afraid of a spanking then use that. Youíre not there to be their friend but rather their parent.

GogglesPisano
03-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Bull$7!+. Physical discipline worked on me when I needed it and I turned into a productive member of society.

Youíve gotta find what kids are afraid of. If itís losing the video game then discipline them that way. If theyíre afraid of a spanking then use that. Youíre not there to be their friend but rather their parent.

You understand the difference between anecdote and statistics, correct?

PowderFinger
03-13-2018, 10:12 AM

Now I understand your screen name ... All these years I thought you were whacking something else.

2StgTurbine
03-13-2018, 10:22 AM
I turned into a productive member of society.

Looking at your posting history, it appears you have a permanent chip on your shoulder. I prefer producing members of society with a more balanced personality that can control their emotions.

WHACKMASTER
03-13-2018, 10:56 AM
Looking at your posting history, it appears you have a permanent chip on your shoulder. I prefer producing members of society with a more balanced personality that can control their emotions.

You have zero clue as to my real life persona and character. Nice try though.

LNL76
03-13-2018, 11:16 AM

A swat on the ass never killed anyone. Worked on many in my generation.

crflyer
03-13-2018, 11:20 AM
Here you go, guys.

https://www.parenting.com/parenting-forums

GogglesPisano
03-13-2018, 11:25 AM

No, it never killed anyone. But it did teach them that violence can solve problems and motivate people. If it's taken too far, it can lead to violent adults.

A simple google search lists multiple studies that confirm this.

Baradium
03-13-2018, 02:39 PM
You understand the difference between anecdote and statistics, correct?

You use the word "proven" far too freely yourself as well. "Indicated" or "implied" or even "suggested" would have been more appropriate.

GogglesPisano
03-13-2018, 03:21 PM
You use the word "proven" far too freely yourself as well. "Indicated" or "implied" or even "suggested" would have been more appropriate.

Ok. The connection between spanking and adult violence is indicated, implied and even suggested. :D

FMGEC
03-13-2018, 03:29 PM
So- pilots are really wearing sunglasses indoors?

That is an interesting topic to discuss.
Letís talk about that-
-pilots....
-wearing sunglasses....
-indoors.

RhinoBallAuto
03-13-2018, 04:29 PM
So- pilots are really wearing sunglasses indoors?

That is an interesting topic to discuss.
Letís talk about that-
-pilots....
-wearing sunglasses....
-indoors.

If they paid folks to get threads back on track, you sir, could retire early....

flensr
03-13-2018, 05:35 PM
The thread IS on track. The pilots who weren't spanked as kids are the ones who wear their sunglasses in the terminal at night, sometimes on their face, sometimes up on their heads, sometimes backwards, sometimes on or with some sort of hat, sometimes outside of work like at a hotel, sometimes at a store or somewhere else they have to stop on the way to/from work.

The common thread is that they're all awesome because they weren't spanked, because this one study showed that spanking is 100% bad all the time.

Carry on.

LNL76
03-13-2018, 07:01 PM
No, it never killed anyone. But it did teach them that violence can solve problems and motivate people. If it's taken too far, it can lead to violent adults.

A simple google search lists multiple studies that confirm this.

Sorry, studies and statistics can be skewed to fit whoever's footing the bill's agenda.

GogglesPisano
03-13-2018, 07:13 PM
Sorry, studies and statistics can be skewed to fit whoever's footing the bill's agenda.

Ok. But the data is more difficult to refute when corroborated by multiple studies.

http://www.jpeds.com/article/S0022-3476(17)31377-X/fulltext

Spanking your child can make them violent later in life | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5150643/Spanking-lead-relationship-violence-study-says.html)

https://www.simplemost.com/kids-spanking-mental-health-problems/

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2012/04/spanking.aspx

sherpster
03-13-2018, 07:55 PM
Damn baby boomers!!!

CBreezy
03-13-2018, 08:21 PM
Ok. But the data is more difficult to refute when corroborated by multiple studies.

Spanking your child can make them violent later in life | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5150643/Spanking-lead-relationship-violence-study-says.html)

You're bringing facts to an anecdote fight. It "feels" like you're wrong so therefore you are.

SirLurksalot
03-13-2018, 08:29 PM

Since it never killed anyone and worked so well on your generation, why do you think your generation stopped doing it?

FlyJSH
03-13-2018, 08:48 PM
All I know is I never spanked a kid on the rear, and I hopefully never will.

However, the adult females I SMACK on the a** during intimate occasions BEG for me, Daddy, to do it again and again. Strange how the same act that is hurtful to children brings intense ecstasy to adults caught in the act of love.

This thread started with a probably grumpy old goat telling the kids to stay off his lawn. Now everyone else has jumped in with the every-thing-every-other-generation-is-doing-is-ruining-life-for-everybody-else theme.

If sunglasses being worn in the terminal really gets you spun up, then you are wasting your life energy.

And if you are spun up now and wondering why the missus always has a "headache", this is the reason why.

jcountry
03-15-2018, 08:05 AM

Total BS!

I submit that at an early age, kids only understand ass beatings.

Iím not saying you have to hurt them, but they simply do not understand what words like ďplease,Ē and ďtime outĒ and choices like ďdo this now and you will get rewarded later.Ē

Those are adult concepts applied to small kids who donít understand them.

If they donít see consequences as kids, they wonít see consequences as an adult. And ever since all this ďdonít ever smack your kidsĒ crap got started, we have seen one Hell of a lot higher % of awful adults

WHACKMASTER
03-15-2018, 08:27 AM
Total BS!

Iím not saying you have to hurt them, but they simply do not understand what words like ďplease,Ē and ďtime outĒ and choices like ďdo this now and you will get rewarded later.Ē

If they donít see consequences as kids, they wonít see consequences as an adult. And ever since all this ďdonít ever smack your kidsĒ crap got started, we have seen one Hell of a lot higher % of awful adults

Bingo......

CBreezy
03-15-2018, 08:41 AM
Total BS!

Discipline doesn't have to be violent. There are plenty of non-violent ways of instilling discipline in children. There are plenty of ways for children to "face consequences" that don't involve a belt or spanking.

detpilot
03-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Discipline doesn't have to be violent. There are plenty of non-violent ways of instilling discipline in children. There are plenty of ways for children to "face consequences" that don't involve a belt or spanking.You're right... A pop on the hand, a pinch on the arm, firm grab on the arm are all good alternatives.

Timeout works for my kids, but they need to know that there are repercussions if they lose the respect for time out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

TiredSoul
03-16-2018, 03:39 AM
Violence and fear are two of the strongest motivators in humans and primates.
Have been that way since the beginning of time.
Why change a good thing.
You canít reason with a child,
You canít with some adults either.
Iím which case

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/Fe4xd3YaDhv2Utw1Wy8LEA--~B/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wME EzMDA7aD00MDA7dz02MDA-/http://www.chicagoaccidentattorneys.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/pBullyBoyFight_Dollarphotoclub_67047619.jpg.cf.jpg

Me? I wear a prescription leather jacket.

Adlerdriver
03-16-2018, 09:53 AM
All I know is I never spanked a kid on the rear, and I hopefully never will.
This attitude that spanking a child is somehow destructive to them is perpetuated by individuals who donít understand how to do it properly.

Spanking a child needs to happen when youíre in control. Itís not an immediate ďheat of the momentĒ action and it should never be used as a threat. Itís a consequence. Itís also not the ďgo toĒ option for every offense.

You make sure youíre not doing it in anger. That may require a reasonable waiting period, 20-30 minutes. Let them know itís coming. You make sure the child understands you love them and theyíre receiving the punishment as a consequence for whatever behavior warrants it. Deliver the spanking, comfort them, reaffirm your love for them and move on.

deadseal
03-16-2018, 12:28 PM
Lol, I have a great relationship with my son. He is respectful, does well in school, and the other kids say he isnít a bully.
I never spanked him once. The only physical thing I did was hold him down until he realized that wiggling and fighting werenít going to get him out of it.
I always attempt to get on their level. I think hitting a kid is wrong and in the kids head it becomes about the hitting, and not the action that got them there.
My dad used to hit, and I donít like him at all.

sherpster
03-16-2018, 12:53 PM
Maybe that rapist alaska pilot was hit as a child or the fa who brutally mudered that dog was spanked as child. Maybe the female alaska pilot was never spanked and as a snowflake she couldnt handle the situation that resulted from her getting drunk. Typical snowflake. The options to extend this thread are endless. Personally I think it is Deltas fault since they dont hire anyone over 45.

SpeedyVagabond
03-16-2018, 03:39 PM
Maybe that rapist alaska pilot

Heís already had his day in court and been convicted? On topic, if you wear sunglasses inside the terminal in or out of uniform you are a tool. All the people looking at you are thinking the same thing.

Jet J
03-16-2018, 04:12 PM
I always attempt to get on their level.

Please tell me youíre joking.

deadseal
03-16-2018, 04:43 PM
Please tell me youíre joking.

Nope, you get down on your knees, have them look you in the eye, and tell them you understand that the blue crayon is really important. Then you explain why itís not. Itís worked. My kids are pretty cool and say thank you to strangers

vessbot
03-16-2018, 06:34 PM

Already submitted and refuted

SirLurksalot
03-16-2018, 09:38 PM
Maybe that rapist alaska pilot was hit as a child or the fa who brutally mudered that dog was spanked as child. Maybe the female alaska pilot was never spanked and as a snowflake she couldnt handle the situation that resulted from her getting drunk. Typical snowflake. The options to extend this thread are endless. Personally I think it is Deltas fault since they dont hire anyone over 45.

Whew, did that feel good for you? Do you feel big and powerful now, big guy??

SirLurksalot
03-16-2018, 09:42 PM
Heís already had his day in court and been convicted? On topic, if you wear sunglasses inside the terminal in or out of uniform you are a tool. All the people looking at you are thinking the same thing.

Court, lol. You say that as if the result of the potential case means he actually did it or not

TankerDriver
03-18-2018, 08:14 AM
https://youtu.be/X2LTL8KgKv8

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

jcountry
03-18-2018, 09:16 AM
Nope, you get down on your knees, have them look you in the eye, and tell them you understand that the blue crayon is really important. Then you explain why itís not. Itís worked. My kids are pretty cool and say thank you to strangers

So they draw the moustache on you with the red crayon instead?

Seriously, if you have kids you can always reason logically with, count yourself super-lucky.

Everyone is different. Some kids are angels and some are *******s. I have known some raised in the same household, one is a saint and the other is possessed by Satan himself.

Be thankful you have good ones.

At a young age, none are able to understand risk/reward on a very developed level. They all need to understand who the boss is-and they most definitely arenít.

FmrFreightDog
03-26-2018, 03:24 PM
This attitude that spanking a child is somehow destructive to them is perpetuated by individuals who donít understand how to do it properly.

Spanking a child needs to happen when youíre in control. Itís not an immediate ďheat of the momentĒ action and it should never be used as a threat. Itís a consequence. Itís also not the ďgo toĒ option for every offense.

You make sure youíre not doing it in anger. That may require a reasonable waiting period, 20-30 minutes. Let them know itís coming. You make sure the child understands you love them and theyíre receiving the punishment as a consequence for whatever behavior warrants it. Deliver the spanking, comfort them, reaffirm your love for them and move on.

Let them know itís coming and then wait half an hour?? Way to add psychological punishment to physical. Thatís the modern day equivalent of making a kid go out back and cut his own switch.

Physically harm them and then provide comfort?? Also psychologically confusing.

My opinion only.

TiredSoul
03-27-2018, 01:13 AM
et them know itís coming and then wait half an hour?? Way to add psychological punishment to physical. Thatís the modern day equivalent of making a kid go out back and cut his own switch.

Physically harm them and then provide comfort?? Also psychologically confusing.

Youíre punishing them for what they did and not because you donít love them anymore.
And after the punishment you hug and ask them to not do it again.
A child gets that.
Theyíre little humans and not retards.
Well some are...

Andy
03-27-2018, 08:26 AM

Goggles, luv ya bud, but I just can't resist rolling a hand grenade into this effed up thread.

I'd like someone to do a study of these mass killings in high schools with respect to the end of corporal punishment.

When I was a kid (walking uphill both ways to school barefoot on broken glass), corporal punishment was still borderline OK in schools (ask me how I know :( ). There was never any mass shootings in schools. The very first one I remember was at Columbine in 1999. I'm willing to bet that the shooters were never spanked as children and I'll go further out on a limb and say that none of the high school mass shooters to date was spanked as a child.

My theory is that these kids who committed the mass shootings weren't punished by their parents so they were/are unaware of any negative consequences to their actions.

I'll be seeking a government grant to conduct the study, which I will name, 'The effed up APC lack of corporal punishment results in high school mass shooters' study. I hope that everyone here will write their representative demanding funding for my study.

As for the corporal punishment discussion, as a child, I was Bad to the Bone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyhJ69mD7xI and I deserved every spanking/corporal punishment I received plus many more I didn't receive. My three siblings were rarely ever punished but of course they behaved much better than me.
The bottom line here is that every kid is different (each a snowflake, just to play that double entendre) and different parenting tools need to be applied to different childrens' personalities. Saying that all corporal punishment of children is bad is wrong; it needlessly takes away a parenting tool.

Bottom line: if you want to stop high school mass shootings, don't ban guns - reinstitute corporal punishment. (Just had to make sure I pulled the pin before rolling the grenade into this thread)

CBreezy
03-27-2018, 08:39 PM
Goggles, luv ya bud, but I just can't resist rolling a hand grenade into this effed up thread.

I'd like someone to do a study of these mass killings in high schools with respect to the end of corporal punishment.

When I was a kid (walking uphill both ways to school barefoot on broken glass), corporal punishment was still borderline OK in schools (ask me how I know :( ). There was never any mass shootings in schools. The very first one I remember was at Columbine in 1999. I'm willing to bet that the shooters were never spanked as children and I'll go further out on a limb and say that none of the high school mass shooters to date was spanked as a child.

My theory is that these kids who committed the mass shootings weren't punished by their parents so they were/are unaware of any negative consequences to their actions.

I'll be seeking a government grant to conduct the study, which I will name, 'The effed up APC lack of corporal punishment results in high school mass shooters' study. I hope that everyone here will write their representative demanding funding for my study.

As for the corporal punishment discussion, as a child, I was Bad to the Bone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyhJ69mD7xI and I deserved every spanking/corporal punishment I received plus many more I didn't receive. My three siblings were rarely ever punished but of course they behaved much better than me.
The bottom line here is that every kid is different (each a snowflake, just to play that double entendre) and different parenting tools need to be applied to different childrens' personalities. Saying that all corporal punishment of children is bad is wrong; it needlessly takes away a parenting tool.

Bottom line: if you want to stop high school mass shootings, don't ban guns - reinstitute corporal punishment. (Just had to make sure I pulled the pin before rolling the grenade into this thread)

I think it's more important do find out what drove the killing. The Maryland shooter may have been clinically depressed. Other mass shooters often suffer from sociopathy, a condition heavily linked to absent or physically abusive parents/guardians.

angry tanker
03-27-2018, 10:19 PM
Just take a look at what medicine all of these shooters were taking. Forget the NRA and their political contributions, go look at big pharmaceutical and their contributions. It will make all others look like amateurs.

TCASTESTOK
03-27-2018, 10:47 PM
Ok can we get away from the mass shooting situations and back to the issue at hand, wearing sunglasses INDOORS. WHY?? If anything its to boost ones ego.

TiredSoul
03-28-2018, 01:28 AM
Ok this applies to anybody in uniform on or around an airport.
I donít care if youíre on a union break, smoke break or youíre just commuting home you are still in uniform.
You represent whatever company you work for. TSA, DEA, CBP, any airline, chain burger place or the cleaning lady.
If youíre in plain view of the general public youíre not on your own time.
So take the earbuds out, flick that cigarette away for the love of sweet baby Jesus get rid of that cellphone.
If I were a supervisor Iíd fire you on the spot if I saw you texting, instagramming or swiping or whatever TF you were doing while at a security checkpoint.
Rant over....for now.

RiddleEagle18
03-28-2018, 03:02 AM
Just take a look at what medicine all of these shooters were taking. Forget the NRA and their political contributions, go look at big pharmaceutical and their contributions. It will make all others look like amateurs.

Almost all of them are fatherless too...

A raging epidemic in this country.

detpilot
03-28-2018, 03:48 AM
I donít care if youíre on a union break, smoke break or youíre just commuting home you are still in uniform.
You represent whatever company you work for. TSA, DEA, CBP, any airline, chain burger place or the cleaning lady.
So take the earbuds out, flick that cigarette away for the love of sweet baby Jesus get rid of that cellphone.
If I were a supervisor Iíd fire you on the spot if I saw you texting, instagramming or swiping or whatever TF you were doing while at a security checkpoint.
Rant over....for now.Well thank God you're not a supervisor. How dare anyone in a uniform call the family on their break, right? GMAFB...

CBreezy
03-28-2018, 04:34 AM
Rant over....for now.

You, sir, are clueless. What should I do if I'm waiting in the boarding area for an airplane? Should I stand at attention? Should I go give every passenger a hug? Get over yourself.

TankerDriver
03-28-2018, 07:33 AM
Rant over....for now.This especially works great if you're wearing a Luftwaffe uniform.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

GogglesPisano
03-28-2018, 07:39 AM
That last part may have been directed at TSA-types.

deadseal
03-28-2018, 03:52 PM
Rant over....for now.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

I blame millennials. Bunch of jerks......and Hilary

RhinoPherret
03-29-2018, 02:02 AM
Wait!

What would anyone do then if they did not have their so called smartphone shoved into their face hammering away on some senseless social media site? They might even actually have to pay attention to their surroundings and maybe actually perform some of their job duties in a meaningful manner.

Nah...that is asking way too much of a person. :D

TiredSoul
03-29-2018, 02:36 AM
Well thank God you're not a supervisor. How dare anyone in a uniform call the family on their break, right? GMAFB...

Thank the sweet baby Jesus reading comprehension is not a major requirement for whatever job it is you do.
And if I were your supervisor Iíd give you a break alright, a nice long one.

If youíre in uniform you take personal calls in private and not in public and certainly not within earshot of anybody.
Anything you do and say in uniform reflects on the company you work for.
If you donít understand any of that youíre a little thick.

detpilot
03-29-2018, 04:03 AM
Thank the sweet baby Jesus reading comprehension is not a major requirement for whatever job it is you do.

If youíre in uniform you take personal calls in private and not in public and certainly not within earshot of anybody.
If you donít understand any of that youíre a little thick.I interested to hear your issue with my reading comprehension... Perhaps you forgot what you wrote above. I haven't yet been ravaged by father time, so I'll give you a pass on that one.

This isn't North Korea, and I'm not going to hide in a break room to take a call, or answer a (oh my gosh SOCIAL MEDIA) Facebook message while sitting in the terminal waiting for an airplane to arrive.

Even the highly regulated Air Force allows you to take a phone call in public and in uniform, albeit not while walking. And we can't even put our hands on our pockets... Maybe you should get a hobby, your blood pressure will thank you.

CBreezy
03-29-2018, 06:23 AM
Wait!

What would anyone do then if they did not have their so called smartphone shoved into their face hammering away on some senseless social media site? They might even actually have to pay attention to their surroundings and maybe actually perform some of their job duties in a meaningful manner.

Nah...that is asking way too much of a person. :D

I'd read a book or magazine or the paper.. I'm not a robot nor am I going to just stand near a podium waiting to answer questions. If someone looks lost, I'll help, but there isn't much I can do other than say "go talk to customer service it or a gate agent anyways."

CBreezy
03-29-2018, 06:27 AM

Ladies and gentlemen, Captain America! I bet you only talk about the airplane and the current Operation when it cruise.. after all, you aren't getting paid to chit chat. I'm sure you would never dare to sit down with the elite customers in the dining area to have lunch. Real pilots starve themselves until they can hide in a jet bridge or cockpit. Plane running late? Too bad. You can eat it cold in flight. The flying public should never have to see you eat. It's a disgrace. Forget about using the bathrooms. That's also unprofessional. You can use the lav once everyone is off the airplane.

TiredSoul
03-29-2018, 07:57 AM
Itís a whole lot better then bag dragging your fat @ss through terminal C while yapping on your phone complaining about your job while stuffing your face with a greasy burger.

While wearing sunglasses.

Swakid8
03-29-2018, 08:08 AM
Rant over....for now.

LOL, this is funny...

CoefficientX
03-29-2018, 01:26 PM
Itís a whole lot better then bag dragging your fat @ss through terminal C while yapping on your phone complaining about your job while stuffing your face with a greasy burger.

While wearing sunglasses.

Might be time for a new moniker.....

ďRetiredsoulĒ may suit you better. You seem wrapped tightly around the axle.

flensr
03-29-2018, 01:32 PM

I think your hat might be a little tight...

TiredSoul
03-29-2018, 03:58 PM
Thereís a reason why ďweĒ the pilot community are pretty much universally banned across the globe no less of entering an airport lounge in uniform.
Because we canít behave.
Because we treat every buffet like itís a handout from the Red Cross.
Because Captain A-hole over here stuffs his roller bag with anything that will fit.
We are universally disliked in hotel concierge lounges because we canít behave. We use profanity in public and basically donít give a crap. Think people donít know weíre paaaahlots.
Well, we stick out like a sore thumb.
Lemme run the variations by you:

Letís see.....

Delta or NetJets Captain.
In any case retired military with too much time on their hands.
http://wuw9h26ve432tts12no0xx1b.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/jorts.jpg

Allegiant or Regional lifer in the wild:

https://typeset-beta.imgix.net/elite-daily/2016/04/16010902/elite-dailyy-jorts-1.jpg

JetBlue Captain lives in Seattle

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Hiking_in_Knee_Socks%2C_Sandals%2C_and_Cut-offs.jpg/1200px-Hiking_in_Knee_Socks%2C_Sandals%2C_and_Cut-offs.jpg

TiredSoul
03-29-2018, 03:59 PM
Dads a Captain for United, kids too cool for school.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a1/8d/f7/a18df769a5f5d2f705a67f5b38b400fe.jpg

ACMI Captain, any of them

http://1mc8511ob3uc397k3v2p939j-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/jort-dad.jpg

Recently retired from the Majors, still steals news papers

http://www.sandalandsoxer.co.uk/holiday%20soxer.jpg

Bootleg
03-31-2018, 05:39 AM
Both my retinas burned out on that second photo!

deadseal
03-31-2018, 07:13 AM
Thereís a reason why ďweĒ the pilot community are pretty much universally banned across the globe no less of entering an airport lounge in uniform.
Because we canít behave.
Because we treat every buffet like itís a handout from the Red Cross.
Because Captain A-hole over here stuffs his roller bag with anything that will fit.
We are universally disliked in hotel concierge lounges because we canít behave. We use profanity in public and basically donít give a crap. Think people donít know weíre paaaahlots.
Well, we stick out like a sore thumb.
Lemme run the variations by you:

I think itís you buddy. I never have issues with folks.

An IP once told me,
If you met one Ahole today, that guy was an Ahole.
If everyone you met today was an Ahole.....itís you

METO Guido
03-31-2018, 07:19 AM
Never look at looks. Looks'll fool you every time.

https://s7.postimg.org/6npxcw84r/sunglasses.png (https://postimages.org/)

TiredSoul
03-31-2018, 08:31 AM
ĎMURICA

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/46/19/e9/4619e988410e5f2ec315494710085f85.jpg

METO Guido
03-31-2018, 09:23 AM
ĎMURICA

https://s7.postimg.org/mc5d81o6j/US_Food_Aid.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

TiredSoul
04-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Just to clarify, I was fat shaming pilots and not the military.
Thank you to al that serve.
Just donít wear shades in the terminal either.

badflaps
04-02-2018, 01:45 PM
I usta have a pair of prescription "Transitions" that in a well lit terminal would sneak into "Cool" mode, giving me unlimited grief from fellow crew members.:D

Smutter
04-03-2018, 01:48 PM
****, I know it would be taken down. I have a picture from 2 years ago, at magic kingdom, of an Express jet pilot in uniform. He had his toe off, how unprofessional!! Screw it, if someone can tell me how to post a personal pic on here I will.

RJSAviator76
04-05-2018, 11:59 AM
I received assbeatings as a kid. Pretty sure they were all warranted, though some I could call a badge of honor and take pride in having gotten a whooping. Some were outright comical looking back.

Funny thing talking to my kids now that theyíre out of college, they say the same thing... and itís subject of many laughs for them nowadays, just how mine are for me.

Goggles, you can parrot as many articles on what the so-called ďexpertsĒ have to say, Iíll happily go with whatís worked in my family for generations and it boils down to the old saying ďSpare the rod, spoil the child.Ē

dustrpilot
04-05-2018, 04:22 PM
I received assbeatings as a kid. Pretty sure they were all warranted, though some I could call a badge of honor and take pride in having gotten a whooping. Some were outright comical looking back.

Funny thing talking to my kids now that theyíre out of college, they say the same thing... and itís subject of many laughs for them nowadays, just how mine are for me.

Goggles, you can parrot as many articles on what the so-called ďexpertsĒ have to say, Iíll happily go with whatís worked in my family for generations and it boils down to the old saying ďSpare the rod, spoil the child.Ē

Pretty sure a nice talking to here wonít help here.
https://youtu.be/Cg6jvKt2h6s

GogglesPisano
04-05-2018, 04:39 PM

A light swat on the butt is probably okay for a toddler in melt-down mode.

But keep a few things in perspective:

A few generations ago wife-beating was ďlooked the other wayĒ-upon.

We learn from research and studies and as a society we progress.

Most of us. In the advanced world.

CBreezy
04-06-2018, 06:00 AM

I heard if you whip the help, theyíll make make your eggs over easy like you said and respect you for doing it.

RJSAviator76
04-06-2018, 07:05 AM

Thanks to "research" and "studies" we started killing flies with hand grenades. Unfortunately, there's no manual that comes with having kids.

Of course, you don't savagely beat a kid to bloody mess to get your point across. There's a lot to be said for 'reasonable, appropriate and necessary' aspect of disciplining a kid. There are various steps and levels of discipline. If a kid spilled a drink on the table, of course, they wouldn't get popped. If they made an honest mistake, of course, they wouldn't get popped. They'd be shown the right way. But lie to me, and they'd get popped without fail. Be disrespectful, and you get popped without fail. And guess what... being consistent is what it's all about. Grounding a kid meant we were also grounded in some way. They need to learn their actions have consequences on others too. And yes, the kids' feelings will be hurt by their actions - you don't shield them from it. That's how they learn.

In short, there's a big difference between discipline and abuse. Most rational people know it. Did my kids have black eyes? No way. Did my kids ever bleed from getting popped? Hell no! Did they have red bums at times? You better believe it.

Sorry, but I don't put much stake in "experts" who brought us 7th place trophies, "safe spaces" in college, and the butthurt generation (the ones who get offended at anything they don't like). If this is your idea of "advanced world", I truly feel sorry for you and for the generations coming after us. I think the "doomed world" is far more appropriate.

LNL76
04-06-2018, 10:30 AM
Thanks to "research" and "studies" we started killing flies with hand grenades. Unfortunately, there's no manual that comes with having kids.

Of course, you don't savagely beat a kid to bloody mess to get your point across. There's a lot to be said for 'reasonable, appropriate and necessary' aspect of disciplining a kid. There are various steps and levels of discipline. If a kid spilled a drink on the table, of course, they wouldn't get popped. If they made an honest mistake, of course, they wouldn't get popped. They'd be shown the right way. But lie to me, and they'd get popped without fail. Be disrespectful, and you get popped without fail. And guess what... being consistent is what it's all about. Grounding a kid meant we were also grounded in some way. They need to learn their actions have consequences on others too. And yes, the kids' feelings will be hurt by their actions - you don't shield them from it. That's how they learn.

In short, there's a big difference between discipline and abuse. Most rational people know it. Did my kids have black eyes? No way. Did my kids ever bleed from getting popped? Hell no! Did they have red bums at times? You better believe it.

Sorry, but I don't put much stake in "experts" who brought us 7th place trophies, "safe spaces" in college, and the butthurt generation (the ones who get offended at anything they don't like). If this is your idea of "advanced world", I truly feel sorry for you and for the generations coming after us. I think the "doomed world" is far more appropriate.

100% agree!

CBreezy
04-06-2018, 10:49 AM

The key word is discipline. It is possible to impart discipline without physical violence. Just because someone refuses to hit their kid doesn't mean they won't discipline them.

My neighbor's kids growing up were never hit by their parents. Their kids include two doctors, a teacher/coach and paramedic and all very successful. It isn't zero sum. If you choose not to hit your kids, it doesn't by default mean they do whatever they want like your are implying. The "be your kid's friend" is what has caused the safe spaces generation.

LNL76
04-06-2018, 01:29 PM
The key word is discipline. It is possible to impart discipline without physical violence. Just because someone refuses to hit their kid doesn't mean they won't discipline them.

My neighbor's kids growing up were never hit by their parents. Their kids include two doctors, a teacher/coach and paramedic and all very successful. It isn't zero sum. If you choose not to hit your kids, it doesn't by default mean they do whatever they want like your are implying. The "be your kid's friend" is what has caused the safe spaces generation.

Not every child needs physical discipline, but some most certainly do. One size does not fit all. If you're a parent, you'd understand. :)

ItnStln
04-09-2018, 06:21 AM

Indeed....

nkbux
04-15-2018, 06:09 AM

Please, I beg of you quit flying and run for president!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1