Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

atooraya
03-09-2018, 10:45 AM
I'm sure we've all ended up here....you look back after 3 years after not logging anything and think, "Its time to update."

Is it frowned upon to put in entries into an electronic logbook by pairing, then total time, IMC and all that then in notes maybe put the routing?

trip
03-09-2018, 11:03 AM
I'm sure we've all ended up here....you look back after 3 years after not logging anything and think, "Its time to update."

Is it frowned upon to put in entries into an electronic logbook by pairing, then total time, IMC and all that then in notes maybe put the routing?

Airline? I just hit import, PFM, there it is! No entering anything unless I want IMC and approaches.

atooraya
03-09-2018, 11:07 AM
Airline? I just hit import, PFM, there it is! No entering anything unless I want IMC and approaches.

what logbook?

How the hell do you import 40 months on logten pro in one foul swoop?

Name User
03-09-2018, 03:21 PM
I do day by day now. At some point I guess if my pairings are 2 legs a piece I'll do per pairing. Does make more sense.

viper548
03-09-2018, 04:17 PM
I do one per day. If I switch airplane types I'll do an additional entry.

Saabs
03-09-2018, 07:08 PM
Month by month for 121. Let by leg for all other flying.

flensr
03-09-2018, 08:36 PM
I tried doing that, but I was still doing applications that occasionally needed a count of flights not just hours, so I gave up and typed in every flight individually.

That said, my logbook software (logbook pro) has a specific way to enter in multi-leg trips as a single entry so it can't be that uncommon of a thing. It just didn't work for me trying to rationalize my logbook containing private pilot, military, and 121 flights for different applications that all wanted the hours and flights broken out differently.

Ed Force One
03-10-2018, 09:26 AM
I do trip by trip now. I made the switch when I hit 10,000 hours. I think it's a reasonable milestone. After 10,000 hours, does it truly even matter? I feel I can easily explain this in an interview.

At this point, I update my book every 2 years on average. I just don't care. I wish I could stop altogether, but am just not that confident yet.

Baradium
03-10-2018, 12:14 PM
I tried doing that, but I was still doing applications that occasionally needed a count of flights not just hours, so I gave up and typed in every flight individually.

That said, my logbook software (logbook pro) has a specific way to enter in multi-leg trips as a single entry so it can't be that uncommon of a thing. It just didn't work for me trying to rationalize my logbook containing private pilot, military, and 121 flights for different applications that all wanted the hours and flights broken out differently.

The intent in logbook pro seems to be day by day if you're keeping the aircraft. You might get some looks for doing it trip by trip but may be able to explain it. Month by month is an all around bad idea IMO.

When I used to keep the same a/c for a full day of flying I did it day by day or at acft swap, whichever came first. When I went to a place where plane swaps were the norm I went to leg by leg.

vessbot
03-10-2018, 01:38 PM
You can always present your time in a less detailed format than the way you actually logged it, but not more. That is why I log leg by leg (including night, IMC, etc.), and I have no idea how I could have filled out my last few applications' time grids without that. Of course I can always guesstimate, but I don't want to give that as an explanation if I'm ever called on to provide one.

Maybe once at that final destination job I'll change to something less cumbersome, but not until then.

Skyward
03-10-2018, 02:36 PM
Does anyone know if Logbook Pro Schedule Importer will import for SWA?

bruhaha
03-10-2018, 06:54 PM
Does anyone know if Logbook Pro Schedule Importer will import for SWA?

The options for the Schedule Importer for Southwest includes:

Southwest (Non-dated WBID)
Southwest CrewBuddy
Southwest Generic Comma Delimited
Southwest Generic Moostro/Maestro (Dated)

Hopefully some of that makes sense for you.

Qotsaautopilot
03-11-2018, 12:22 PM
Leg by leg typed in manually from flica paper printouts. It’s a pain in the butt. I grab my stack of flica pairings from my nightstand drawer and put them in logbook pro once every couple months. If logbook pro would go to one price for the mobile app it would make it so much easier but I refuse to pay a subscription like some never ending car payment for the rest of my career. It his company so he can do what he wants but an expensive subscription is bush league imo

Name User
03-11-2018, 05:20 PM
I do one per day. If I switch airplane types I'll do an additional entry.

How often do you fly an A320, DC9, and 737 at different points in the day?!?

Normally we are assigned to fly one type at a time. :confused:

Baradium
03-11-2018, 07:05 PM
How often do you fly an A320, DC9, and 737 at different points in the day?!?

He could differentiate 737-700/800/900 or A-319/320/321

viper548
03-12-2018, 01:13 PM
how often do you fly an a320, dc9, and 737 at different points in the day?!?

a-319, a-320, a-321

trip
03-13-2018, 06:54 AM
mccPILOTLOG (http://www.mccpilotlog.net/)

BlueMoon
03-13-2018, 10:58 AM
Leg by Leg, the key is not getting too far behind.

TimesInfinity
03-29-2018, 01:40 PM
Speaking of Logten Pro, does anyone know how to get your digital signature on each of the logbook pages. I have found where you can sign the flight as if you were an instructor but I'm having a time figuring out the signing of each page.

Chunk
03-30-2018, 06:30 PM
Speaking of Logten Pro, does anyone know how to get your digital signature on each of the logbook pages. I have found where you can sign the flight as if you were an instructor but I'm having a time figuring out the signing of each page.

You donít unless you print it out. Thereís no ďpagesĒ on the digital side

Andy
03-31-2018, 09:47 PM
I'd have to dig out my logbooks. I don't think I've logged anything for the last decade; maybe longer.

Once you've gone to your final airline and don't fly for pleasure, what's the point of a logbook? Serious question.

FAAFlyer
04-01-2018, 08:17 AM
I'd have to dig out my logbooks. I don't think I've logged anything for the last decade; maybe longer.

Once you've gone to your final airline and don't fly for pleasure, what's the point of a logbook? Serious question.

I'm of the same opinion. The only requirement is that you maintain a record showing you're current and qualified. Most airlines I know of do that for pilots anyways.

Floobs
04-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Since I'm At my final job, I've stopped keeping a log book

detpilot
04-02-2018, 01:32 AM

Once you've gone to your final airline and don't fly for pleasure, what's the point of a logbook? Serious question.I'm of the same opinion. The only requirement is that you maintain a record showing you're current and qualified. Most airlines I know of do that for pilots anyways.Since I'm At my final job, I've stopped keeping a log bookHow do you know you're at your final job? I'd imagine some Pan Am, Eastern pilots probably thought they were at their final job as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Andy
04-02-2018, 03:36 AM
How do you know you're at your final job? I'd imagine some Pan Am, Eastern pilots probably thought they were at their final job as well.

Because I'm old and have enough sources of non-employment income/savings that if my legacy were to close its doors tomorrow, I'd just go into 'early retirement'.

bruhaha
04-02-2018, 06:52 AM
Leg by leg typed in manually from flica paper printouts. Itís a pain in the butt. I grab my stack of flica pairings from my nightstand drawer and put them in logbook pro once every couple months. If logbook pro would go to one price for the mobile app it would make it so much easier but I refuse to pay a subscription like some never ending car payment for the rest of my career. It his company so he can do what he wants but an expensive subscription is bush league imo

Actually his mobile app does that. You schedule import from FLICA. The mobile app then automatically fills in your times, tail number and type aircraft calculates your block time and night time and then exports it to logbook pro or any logbook program for you leg by leg.

The only block you have to fill in is instrument time and approaches if itís not the default visual approach.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1