Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Travel Companion Form

ERJcommoner
03-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Hey yíall. It seems that there has been an March update in HR for the Travel Companion Information Update​. Is this new revision the form which would allow us to finally add a travel companion? Thanks

PT6flyer
03-09-2018, 03:06 PM
Is that known information or just what you have heard?

42jeff
03-10-2018, 06:26 AM
Is that known information or just what you have heard?

Nothing new on the PASS travel page

Mustang62
03-10-2018, 07:27 AM
Who can you add to travel on your pass benefits? Does it have to be a spouse or can you add a domestic partner or other designated person?

PT6flyer
03-10-2018, 07:46 AM
Those are questions no one knows.

KelvinHelmholtz
03-10-2018, 07:48 AM
Who can you add to travel on your pass benefits? Does it have to be a spouse or can you add a domestic partner or other designated person?

Parents and children too. Domestic partners I believe you have to show proof of 6 months of living together. We are theoretically supposed to be able to add travel companions at some point.

flydiamond
03-10-2018, 08:13 AM
Parents and children too. Domestic partners I believe you have to show proof of 6 months of living together. We are theoretically supposed to be able to add travel companions at some point.

Before end of Q1, along with an enhanced boarding priority immediately behind Delta active employees (before retirees and I assume active employees' dependents travelinf without the employee). They really need to get some news out here fast since the paperwork process to add a companion might take a week or so to process...

Two Kings
03-10-2018, 09:15 AM
I agree they should put out new information but to the credit of the pass travel people adding a domestic partner was relatively quick and painless once the paperwork was sent over.

HighFlight
03-10-2018, 10:12 AM
Assuming there will be no required proof for a travel partner, it shouldnít take any longer than a child or spouse, which takes about 10 minutes. At least it did when I added my family.

Before end of Q1, along with an enhanced boarding priority immediately behind Delta active employees (before retirees and I assume active employees' dependents travelinf without the employee). They really need to get some news out here fast since the paperwork process to add a companion might take a week or so to process...

42jeff
03-10-2018, 10:22 AM
Assuming there will be no required proof for a travel partner, it shouldnít take any longer than a child or spouse, which takes about 10 minutes. At least it did when I added my family.

Took a little over a week when I added my stepson a month or so ago

MTlife
03-10-2018, 10:31 AM
I would expect it to take longer than usual when the forms first come out. As far as my knowledge, we only have 1 person who runs our pass travel department. Once that form gets sent out there will probably be a lot of people trying to get someone added at the same time and only 1 person doing all the work. I could be all wrong, but I am expecting it to be a 2 week process and not gonna get my hopes up for a quick add.

42jeff
03-10-2018, 11:25 AM
So I haven't seen anything Actually about the companion travel other than "comingf soon". Is it what it sounds like where you can just add a person to sharee your benefits with or it is it in lieu of a spouse?

teddy3412
03-10-2018, 11:32 AM
So I haven't seen anything Actually about the companion travel other than "comingf soon". Is it what it sounds like where you can just add a person to sharee your benefits with or it is it in lieu of a spouse?

It would most likely be in lieu of a spouse.

HighFlight
03-10-2018, 12:55 PM
There HAS been some turnover in that 1-person department. Perhaps that is the issue? I added my spouse in the morning, and she was flying that same afternoon. Added my son a few months later, and his name showed up on my list within 24 hours. Maybe itís because I was wearing those dashing FO stripes when I turned in the paperwork? :D

Took a little over a week when I added my stepson a month or so ago

flydiamond
03-10-2018, 12:59 PM
There HAS been some turnover in that 1-person department. Perhaps that is the issue? I added my spouse in the morning, and she was flying that same afternoon. Added my son a few months later, and his name showed up on my list within 24 hours. Maybe itís because I was wearing those dashing FO stripes when I turned in the paperwork? :D

The lady who does the pass travel stuff here is great and I'm sure if you threw out a date you needed your companion up and running by she'd make it happen. Given that no documentation (e.g. Lease or marriage certificate) is needed for a travel companion it should be a very quick process, just lots of people will be adding someone ASAP.

GreenerPastures
03-10-2018, 08:06 PM
Our travel rep is awesome. I called her not long after the original message was released and she was happy to answer my questions.
To clarify, the travel companion will be in lieu of a spouse or domestic partner. The reason behind allowing a travel companion is to give our fellow single employees someone to travel with. They get to choose who it is, could be a friend, sibling, etc. I don't think companions will travel with the exact status that a spouse/domestic partner has. I think there's a yield fare added and maybe a lower priority, not sure though.
Also, I checked 9E priority on mainline earlier today and it is still S3B1. I'm hoping the higher travel priority kicks in before my kids' Spring Break.

Air Stang 7
03-11-2018, 06:39 AM
Our travel rep is awesome. I called her not long after the original message was released and she was happy to answer my questions.
To clarify, the travel companion will be in lieu of a spouse or domestic partner. The reason behind allowing a travel companion is to give our fellow single employees someone to travel with. They get to choose who it is, could be a friend, sibling, etc. I don't think companions will travel with the exact status that a spouse/domestic partner has. I think there's a yield fare added and maybe a lower priority, not sure though.
Also, I checked 9E priority on mainline earlier today and it is still S3B1. I'm hoping the higher travel priority kicks in before my kids' Spring Break.I'd doubt it'd be a different priority because I thought when passriders travel with us they get a priority bump to match us. I know I've had it happen with my parents (they jumped 2 or 3 active DL employees). Or was it just the station mafia being nice?

flydiamond
03-11-2018, 06:57 AM
I'd doubt it'd be a different priority because I thought when passriders travel with us they get a priority bump to match us. I know I've had it happen with my parents (they jumped 2 or 3 active DL employees). Or was it just the station mafia being nice?

Parents do not travel S3B1 when with employees...only S3CR. You can pay a fine if they are activated as S3B1...

GreenerPastures
03-11-2018, 08:19 AM
My mom is S3CR even when she tarvels with us. Very frustrating. Wish that would be fixed with the priority upgrade. I hope companions get spouse/partner status at least when traveling with the employee.

Mustang62
03-11-2018, 08:26 AM
Mainline United passriders fly with their sponsor's pass classification if they are flying with the sponsor. And they get moved to the top of the list if the sponsor is "working" on the flight. It seems a little complicated here!

HighFlight
03-11-2018, 02:35 PM
DL Parents are S3CR normally, but get upgraded to S3B1 if traveling with sponsor. 9E parents are S3CR either way.

HighFlight
03-19-2018, 03:32 PM
Well, the companion travel will be here on 2 Apr.

In addition, EDV folks will be S3A priority for travel (beginning 30 Apr) on DAL. Nicely done, EDV!!

VoiceOfReason
03-19-2018, 07:00 PM
Well, the companion travel will be here on 2 Apr.

In addition, EDV folks will be S3A priority for travel (beginning 30 Apr) on DAL. Nicely done, EDV!!

Correct. S3A, puts us right behind active Delta employees and dependents. Ahead of the 400,000+ retirees. That is HUGE.

End of April cannot come soon enough.

AimHigh1
03-19-2018, 10:51 PM
Correct. S3A, puts us right behind active Delta employees and dependents. Ahead of the 400,000+ retirees. That is HUGE.

End of April cannot come soon enough.

It's not HUGE....it's YUUUUUGE. :cool:

Punkah Louvre
03-20-2018, 05:47 AM
I donít commute; but am excited by the changes. Iíve never had a problem getting across the pond in Delta 1. How often have people been bumped by retirees. Was it really an issue?

AimHigh1
03-20-2018, 05:50 AM
I donít commute; but am excited by the changes. Iíve never had a problem getting across the pond in Delta 1. How often have people been bumped by retirees. Was it really an issue?

I've been on many flights where there are a lot of Delta Retirees.. Probably bc I live in Florida :( But this will help my traveling addictions :cool:

teddy3412
03-20-2018, 05:59 AM

Usually see a decent amount of retirees on vacation routes. Sounds like certain people in certain areas deal with retirees more than others.

SirLurksalot
03-20-2018, 06:39 AM

Can you elaborate on your strategy where you never have a problem getting delta 1?

msprj2
03-20-2018, 06:52 AM

I think the issue isn't always about being bumped but rather not even
attempting it because lack of open seats and non rev lists.
Knowing that almost anyone can bump you off limits non rev family travel.

HighFlight
03-20-2018, 07:17 AM
The only route that causes me issues usually is ATL-MSP or ATL-DTW. Flow overseas several times with no issues (but only got Delta 1 one time), and various points in the US without any problems. Of course, city pairs matter, as well as time of year and time of day. And hub-to-hub is the worst. Patience and flexibility are key when it comes to non-revving.

Casualinterest
03-20-2018, 08:00 AM
The only route that causes me issues usually is ATL-MSP or ATL-DTW. Flow overseas several times with no issues (but only got Delta 1 one time), and various points in the US without any problems. Of course, city pairs matter, as well as time of year and time of day. And hub-to-hub is the worst. Patience and flexibility are key when it comes to non-revving.You forgot, "anywhere in the state of Florida"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HighFlight
03-20-2018, 11:10 AM
I rarely travel to FL, but have been told FL to NY is one of the best commutes out there. Much better than DTW to NY or ATL to NY. Just hearsay though, YMMV.

You forgot, "anywhere in the state of Florida"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

aviationfrk
03-20-2018, 01:19 PM
I rarely travel to FL, but have been told FL to NY is one of the best commutes out there. Much better than DTW to NY or ATL to NY. Just hearsay though, YMMV.

I did FLL - LGA/JFK for 6 months and never missed a flight on JetBlue.

FlyHighBabyFly
04-04-2019, 01:40 PM
Can Endeavor employee (Pilot) get buddy pass benefit for friends and if YES how many max? I am sure there is a fee involved per year. Has anyone done it?

Meow1215
04-04-2019, 01:42 PM
Can Endeavor employee (Pilot) get buddy pass benefit for friends and if YES how many max? I am sure there is a fee involved per year. Has anyone done it?

No, Buddy passes are for Delta employees only.

flydiamond
04-04-2019, 02:17 PM
No, Buddy passes are for Delta employees only.

Another advantage of going to PSA for a new hire pilot today. Pay, flow, and profit sharing / mainline travel benefits.

Meow1215
04-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Another advantage of going to PSA for a new hire pilot today. Pay, flow, and profit sharing / mainline travel benefits.

You should get on that then.

IAFDOF
04-05-2019, 06:35 AM
You should get on that then.

Especially if youíre senior to me.

Meow1215
04-05-2019, 06:49 AM
Especially if youíre senior to me.

Especially if itís the same seat and base.