Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Compass interview

Courtney5501
03-12-2018, 03:12 PM
Anybody have updated interview information for Compass? Latest thing I can find is 2016. Doubt if that will help!

VIRotate
03-12-2018, 03:17 PM
No written test anymore. It's just an interview with an HR rep and 1-2 pilots. Just basic TMAAT and WWYD type questions with a few HR stuff. It's not too bad. Just make conservative decisions, be honest, and try to enjoy it. It's pretty laid back.

yrbroom
03-12-2018, 03:48 PM
That sounds... too easy?

Taco280AI
03-12-2018, 03:55 PM
It's chill. Get to know you, who you are, why you chose Compass. Then tell me about a time... what would you do if... that type of stuff. Be yourself, give your answers. I didn't study anything because I wanted to give my actual answers and not what someone told me to say. Even said that in the interview when they asked if I studied any of the gouges.

Courtney5501
03-12-2018, 05:25 PM
Thanks guys! No technical questions? Nothing? That will be harder to prepare for haha.

BobbyLeeSwagger
03-12-2018, 05:40 PM
There is a CRM test they have been implementing lately.

You're on a 2 hr sit in LAX and it's 9am, you are instructed to locate a breakfast burrito in the American cafeteria, but you do not know where the cafeteria is except that it's in terminal 4. You know there is a code but you don't know what it is. You have 40 min left in your sit. You are already on the bus from the eagle's nest and you dont have quick access to the crew room anymore. And you don't have any cash, and they only take cash.

At your disposal is a phone number to a buddy who flies at compass, an LAX welcome packet, random wandering American employees once in terminal 4, and one debit card with $19 in your account. If you don't get the burrito and get back to the plane before boarding you fail the scenario.

They just want to see how you think and use your resources.

DiamondDriver
03-12-2018, 05:40 PM
Thanks guys! No technical questions? Nothing? That will be harder to prepare for haha.

Are you headed up for an interview on the 20th in MSP?

Poser765
03-12-2018, 05:45 PM

You're on a 2 hr sit in LAX and it's 9am, you are instructed to locate a breakfast burrito in the American cafeteria, but you do not know where the cafeteria is except that it's in terminal 4. You know there is a code but you don't know what it is. You have 40 min left in your sit. You are already on the bus from the eagle's nest and you dont have quick access to the crew room anymore. And you don't have any cash, and they only take cash.

At your disposal is a phone number to a buddy who flies at compass, an LAX welcome packet, random wandering American employees once in terminal 4, and one debit card with $19 in your account. If you don't get the burrito and get back to the plane before boarding you fail the scenario.

They just want to see how you think and use your resources.Oh crap... If that was the crm event I would not have been hired. I've been to that cafeteria twice in almost three years.

JetDoc
03-12-2018, 05:58 PM
Oh crap... If that was the crm event I would not have been hired. I've been to that cafeteria twice in almost three years.

I'm still trying to figure out how I made it passed the delta battery.

Courtney5501
03-12-2018, 06:04 PM
Are you headed up for an interview on the 20th in MSP?

I wish! Not yet. I havenít applied. Just getting ready to!

Poser765
03-12-2018, 06:18 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how I made it passed the delta battery.lol I'm not trying to figure it out! That's because my name is like two away from being in the DPI group...so that's means I never took them.

FlytheSky
03-12-2018, 07:26 PM

Easy. Feel free to use this gouge here instead of willflyforfood.

Call your buddy for the code and ask him to Venmo you a couple bucks while he's at it. Make sure your buddy has either already collected a signing bonus or is a CA so he can afford to let $5 go for a couple hours. Make sure to do this while on the bus since there's no cell phone reception at the end of terminal 4 or at the cafeteria. Bonus points for repeating the door code on the bus loud enough for other revenue pax to overhear. Then ask the lady directing pax onto the bus how to get to the cafeteria, making sure to block the doorway and keeping people in the SIDA area longer than necessary.

Once inside, make sure to pay the ATM fee to get your cash, or pray that you've got Bank of America so you can withdraw cash from the other ATM in terminal 4 without paying a fee. When ordering the burrito, make sure to get a "dos hombres" burrito, which will show the cooks that you're an insider worthy of a burrito with some extra love. Finally walk out through the door without punching in the code setting off the alarm like a boss, because ain't nobody got time to enter that code when a delicious, hot breakfast burrito is on the line. Walk away from that alarm in slow motion with burrito in hand, never looking back - all the way to the bus, which likely isn't even there, so you'll delay the flight already.

Either that or go to the crew room and ask someone to help you find it and delay the flight per 25.F.3 in the contract. ;)

And that, my friends, is how you use CRM and why I passed the Delta battery. :cool:

BobbyLeeSwagger
03-12-2018, 07:36 PM
Easy. Feel free to use this gouge here instead of willflyforfood.

Call your buddy for the code and ask him to Venmo you a couple bucks while he's at it. Make sure your buddy has either already collected a signing bonus or is a CA so he can afford to let $5 go for a couple hours. Make sure to do this while on the bus since there's no cell phone reception at the end of terminal 4 or at the cafeteria. Bonus points for repeating the door code on the bus loud enough for other revenue pax to overhear. Then ask the lady directing pax onto the bus how to get to the cafeteria, making sure to block the doorway and keeping people in the SIDA area longer than necessary.

Once inside, make sure to pay the ATM fee to get your cash, or pray that you've got Bank of America so you can withdraw cash from the other ATM in terminal 4 without paying a fee. When ordering the burrito, make sure to get a "dos hombres" burrito, which will show the cooks that you're an insider worthy of a burrito with some extra love. Finally walk out through the door without punching in the code setting off the alarm like a boss, because ain't nobody got time to enter that code when a delicious, hot breakfast burrito is on the line. Walk away from that alarm in slow motion with burrito in hand, never looking back - all the way to the bus, which likely isn't even there, so you'll delay the flight already.

Either that or go to the crew room and ask someone to help you find it and delay the flight per 25.F.3 in the contract. ;)

And that, my friends, is how you use CRM and why I passed the Delta battery. :cool:

LOL, dude, that was perfect. Hired!

I called my friend who didn't have the code, but suggested the welcome packet, found the packet-- no code, but it did have the base admin number in it and so I called to get the code. Asked gate agents wandering term 4 for directions to the special door, went to the atm, followed the smells to the cafeteria, got the burrito, asked for directions back out ofnthe maze, and made it back 5 min prior to boarding. Happened last week. Lol, these are real scenarios folks!

I made up the $19 dollars in the account to up the challenge. Well played sir!

mpet
03-12-2018, 11:24 PM
easy. ***** your captains ear off about how much lax sucks, about why you're doing american flying on reserve when you're msp based and about how broke you are and about 1 outta 10 times they'll very reluctantly drag you along to the cafeteria and buy you a burrito. i call this the 'flight attendant strategy.' fortunately it was my lucky day and if you're lucky you too can join the compass fam

VIRotate
03-13-2018, 12:20 AM

I'm dead! Glad I could be of zero help! It was a good use of CRM and should be told at your DAL interview.

Bogeywan
03-16-2018, 08:20 PM
First off really enjoy this forum! You guys keep it entertaining to say the least! Thanks for all the info on these forums!

So, I submitted my airline application almost a week ago. Iím a rotor transition guy leaving the Army this year with some fixed wing expierence. I havenít heard anything back yet after my submission. Does anyone have an idea of how long it will normally take to hear anything back?

I donít have a current passport yet. I was planning on submitting my application for my passport this weekend. Could the passport be the reason I havenít heard anything back? I didnít think it would be a huge deal not having it prior to submitting my application but maybe Iím wrong on that?

word302
03-16-2018, 08:34 PM
First off really enjoy this forum! You guys keep it entertaining to say the least! Thanks for all the info on these forums!

So, I submitted my airline application almost a week ago. Iím a rotor transition guy leaving the Army this year with some fixed wing expierence. I havenít heard anything back yet after my submission. Does anyone have an idea of how long it will normally take to hear anything back?

I donít have a current passport yet. I was planning on submitting my application for my passport this weekend. Could the passport be the reason I havenít heard anything back? I didnít think it would be a huge deal not having it prior to submitting my application but maybe Iím wrong on that?

Typically if you don't have all the boxes checked most systems just throw your app out. Most airlines have an automated system for sorting apps.

Bogeywan
03-16-2018, 08:52 PM
Typically if you don't have all the boxes checked most systems just throw your app out. Most airlines have an automated system for sorting apps.

Word302,

Got it. Thanks for the reply! Sounds like Iíll be reapply in 4-6 weeks.
Any word on hiring to be slowing down anytime soon? This year?

my6FOh
03-16-2018, 08:54 PM

If you don't have a current passport your application will not be visible on airlineapps.

poorflyer
03-16-2018, 08:54 PM
Word302,

Got it. Thanks for the reply! Sounds like Iíll be reapply in 4-6 weeks.
Any word on hiring to be slowing down anytime soon? This year?

No way, we need everyone we can get. You can try and email a recruiter or the recruiting office directly and try and get a human response that may make it quicker. We need you on the line ASAP for all our quality of life needs.

Bogeywan
03-17-2018, 12:10 PM
No way, we need everyone we can get. You can try and email a recruiter or the recruiting office directly and try and get a human response that may make it quicker. We need you on the line ASAP for all our quality of life needs.

Haha nice! Iíd love to get to the line ASAP unfortunately, I still owe the Army a few more months but wanted to get the job lined up so I can finish out the remainder of my fixed wing time.
Thanks for all the replyís!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1