Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : 737 Instructor

tm602
03-13-2018, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know anything about the posting? I know its in Dallas, but the usual questions....pay, can you commute, etc. Thanks.

Allegheny
03-14-2018, 03:50 AM
If you are not on the AA seniority list then this posting is for what is called a "Sim-P" position. These are simulator instructors who conduct non-evaluation training, like the first 5 rides in the sim for an initial.

The pay is terrible, based on a daily rate. First year pay is approximately 60K and it takes several years to break 65K. Sim-P instructors are not required to be on the seniority list but most are former AA as the procedures are tailored to the AA operation obviously.

It's not a very good job and pay is way behind the industry standard.

tm602
03-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Even the REGIONALS pay sim instructors more than that. Wow.

Name User
03-14-2018, 11:08 AM
Even the REGIONALS pay sim instructors more than that. Wow.

My instructor was pulling over $130k and maybe worked eight days a month. Different airplane though.

It's a decent retirement gig for those who need medical and want travel benefits.

YMMV.

MarineGrunt
03-14-2018, 12:55 PM
My instructor was pulling over $130k and maybe worked eight days a month. Different airplane though.

It's a decent retirement gig for those who need medical and want travel benefits.

YMMV.

The ground instructor that did my requal made around 110-115k (pretty sure thatís what he said). Not sure how senior he was.

HalinTexas
03-22-2018, 11:47 AM
I did it for a year. Left for greener pastures. PM me if you're interested.