Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Current hiring

Learjet75
03-14-2018, 09:02 AM
Have heard some news about possibly delaying new hire class dates? Any information that is relative and not BS is appreciated.

havick206
03-14-2018, 09:05 AM
I wouldnít rely on anything written on here. Honestly only a recruiter can accurately answer that question.

It sounds like theyíre delaying FO new hires, but expediting CA qualified candidates. But thatís only what Iíve gleaned off here and it could by no means be correct or accurate.

Learjet75
03-14-2018, 09:12 AM
Thanks. You read and hear so much crap you donít know what to believe and I just interviewed and waiting for a class date

havick206
03-14-2018, 09:18 AM
Thanks. You read and hear so much crap you donít know what to believe and I just interviewed and waiting for a class date

Just email your recruiter and find out from the person handing out the class dates.

flysooner9
03-14-2018, 10:13 AM
Delaying anymore FOís but still taking DECís

bigtime209
03-14-2018, 10:54 AM
Delaying anymore FOís but still taking DECís

This. They're putting FO candidates in the pool and they've contacted some with class dates and told them not to come. We are very overstaffed on FOs at the moment. CA qualified candidates are being accepted still. Like the guy above said, contact the recruiting department for details.

RinerJE
03-14-2018, 11:03 AM
This. They're putting FO candidates in the pool and they've contacted some with class dates and told them not to come. We are very overstaffed on FOs at the moment. CA qualified candidates are being accepted still. Like the guy above said, contact the recruiting department for details.

What does "contacted some with class dates and told them not to come" mean? If recently hired and told you're waiting in the pool, how long would the wait be? Could it be as long as May?

SilentLurker
03-14-2018, 12:03 PM
What does "contacted some with class dates and told them not to come" mean? If recently hired and told you're waiting in the pool, how long would the wait be? Could it be as long as May?

Sounds like a perfectly good question for a recruiter to answer vs a line pilot far removed from the dynamic decision makers.

This week Swiss cheese, next week Gouda cheese. Still a rat race in a dynamic regional maze.

bigtime209
03-14-2018, 12:14 PM

I don't have an answer. Call the recruiting department.

E175 Driver
03-14-2018, 03:09 PM
Just email your recruiter and find out from the person handing out the class dates.

email dacuj.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1