Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : System Bid is Out

Chicken Taco
03-14-2018, 10:11 AM
Total of 29 320CA and 17 190CA awarded. 21 net upgrades as others will be transitioning or transferring captains. That number is exactly as expected as it just enough to staff the 3 deliveries planned for the quarter.

Junior Awarded Captains:
BOS 320 2252
JFK 320 2495
FLL 320 1366
LGB 320 NONE
MCO 320 365

BOS 190 2600
JFK 190 2647
MCO 190 1814

19 190 and 71 320 vacancies remain for new hires.

capt707
03-14-2018, 10:16 AM
Yawn!

FUPM!

RiddleEagle18
03-15-2018, 04:49 AM
Yawn!

FUPM!

Remember when these things were talked about with such anticipation. Sad the company has allowed the moral to become so terrible.

FUPM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PasserOGas
03-15-2018, 05:50 AM
Remember when these things were talked about with such anticipation. Sad the company has allowed the moral to become so terrible.

FUPM

Depressing.

capt707
03-15-2018, 09:02 AM

FUPM

Yup... Am I suppose to be excited that upgrade is 4 years? BFD! Delta and FDX have upgrades as low as 6 months or 3 yrs!

Honestly... what is there to look forward to at Blewjet besides the contract we deserve?

Upgrades? New airplanes? New flying to the Dominican? More potato farms? Don't give two sh!ts about any of that!!

It's FUPM until we get a contract or I get a call to go somewhere else.

Bluedriver
03-15-2018, 09:21 AM
You guys are really negative.

727_Driver
03-15-2018, 11:16 AM
yawn....now we have nice imbalance of FO's vs CA's. I don't see how having more FO's than CA's helps anything other than the bottom line. Can't fly the plane with 2 FO's

atrdriver
03-15-2018, 11:32 AM
yawn....now we have nice imbalance of FO's vs CA's. I don't see how having more FO's than CA's helps anything other than the bottom line. Can't fly the plane with 2 FO's

Unless they're planning for attrition churn at the bottom of the list. Which would make sense because, lets face it, this place is a total disappointment currently for those coming to make a career.

Bluedriver
03-15-2018, 12:22 PM
Unless they're planning for attrition churn at the bottom of the list. Which would make sense because, lets face it, this place is a total disappointment currently for those coming to make a career.

That's a bingo.

Combatcraig
03-15-2018, 02:48 PM
4yr to CA and 5 years on RSV... yeah. No. Just no...

PasserOGas
03-15-2018, 03:54 PM
4yr to CA and 5 years on RSV... yeah. No. Just no...

It will be longer than that if hired today.

nuball5
03-15-2018, 04:36 PM
It will be longer than that if hired today.

I was surprised the most junior upgrade was still about 4 years. You're right for anyone starting today it's probably a 10-15 year upgrade at this current trajectory. So much will change moving forward (larger disparity in pay between Airbus/190, new CBA, possible merger), who knows where the upgrade time will go.

pilotpayne
03-15-2018, 05:02 PM
I was surprised the most junior upgrade was still about 4 years. You're right for anyone starting today it's probably a 10-15 year upgrade at this current trajectory. So much will change moving forward (larger disparity in pay between Airbus/190, new CBA, possible merger), who knows where the upgrade time will go.

If the CBA has proper staffing (trip rigs duty rigs rsv rules) and industry standard vacation it SHOULD cause a good chunk of hiring.
If you added in growth it CUOULD be a faster upgrade. BUT that is the ideal scenario not the current one and we know which one you have to plan for.

Bozo the pilot
03-16-2018, 11:07 AM
If the CBA has proper staffing (trip rigs duty rigs rsv rules) and industry standard vacation it SHOULD cause a good chunk of hiring.
If you added in growth it CUOULD be a faster upgrade. BUT that is the ideal scenario not the current one and we know which one you have to plan for.

Great- Ill hold my breath for another 18 months while we threaten a strike vote which should happen NOW.
You a yes vote Payne?

pilotpayne
03-16-2018, 05:27 PM
Great- Ill hold my breath for another 18 months while we threaten a strike vote which should happen NOW.
You a yes vote Payne?

Now what do you honestly think?

CaptCoolHand
03-18-2018, 04:14 AM
You a yes vote Payne?

There is no point in voting to strike when you are not near a strike.
The RLA process is painfully long. Painfully.

If you want more info call a P2P member, your local LEC or a negotiator. They’ll fill you in on all your questions about why we are or are not doing what “you” may think needs to be done.

Not directed at you personally bozo but everyone that wants this done right now. We all want it done right now.

Be safe.
Fly sop.
Do your job.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1