Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New hire to SAN

Flightsoffusion
03-14-2018, 09:09 PM
Can anyone give current info about the time to hold San Diego out of training?
Thanks!

amcnd
03-15-2018, 05:30 AM
Hard to tell. Two factors. 1.) We have 15 AS 175’s still to come but not sure where they will go. Heard mostly PDX. But some SAN/SEA. 2.) it has gone jr in the past 10/17 hired date so Bailey online. My take on “how long to hold” topics. Is we have a base there. It’s worth even a year to commute tell you can hold it and live in base.,vs a forever commute... good luck.

Flightsoffusion
03-15-2018, 07:13 AM
Hard to tell. Two factors. 1.) We have 15 AS 175’s still to come but not sure where they will go. Heard mostly PDX. But some SAN/SEA. 2.) it has gone jr in the past 10/17 hired date so Bailey online. My take on “how long to hold” topics. Is we have a base there. It’s worth even a year to commute tell you can hold it and live in base.,vs a forever commute... good luck.

I realize that the only way to predict anything in this industry is with a crystal ball. Just thought maybe one of you guys that are in the trenches with the company may had heard somthing.

Appreciate the info as always..

Safe flights!

nopantsILS
03-15-2018, 07:56 AM
LGA just opened, this is not good news for anyone thinking of starting or in training right now who wish to be based on the west coast.

As of right now there are only 4-5 existing ERJ FO's wishing to go to LGA. If this base gets grown (which it will) new-hires will be filling seats.

The line to get into SAN is 38 deep for a newhire ERJ FO. Theres about 20 more bids in with seat locks (CRJ FO's) that expire sometime this year.

I would not recommend it, the time to get SAN was 6 months ago. If you're going to commute to NY do it for one of the high paying carriers.

Flightsoffusion
03-16-2018, 12:31 AM
LGA just opened, this is not good news for anyone thinking of starting or in training right now who wish to be based on the west coast.

As of right now there are only 4-5 existing ERJ FO's wishing to go to LGA. If this base gets grown (which it will) new-hires will be filling seats.

The line to get into SAN is 38 deep for a newhire ERJ FO. Theres about 20 more bids in with seat locks (CRJ FO's) that expire sometime this year.

I would not recommend it, the time to get SAN was 6 months ago. If you're going to commute to NY do it for one of the high paying carriers.

Thanks pants, appreciate the info..