Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Jumpseating on Alaska

skidmark
03-15-2018, 11:34 PM
I tried to list on Alaska on Myidtravel. No luck. Is this the standard way or just show up at the gate? Thanks

Snuffaluffagus
03-15-2018, 11:44 PM
I tried to list on Alaska on Myidtravel. No luck. Is this the standard way or just show up at the gate? Thanks

Gate is good.

If it's a VX operated flight, you should be able to select Virgin America and do a pilot commuting listing on myIDTravel. Haven't tried that in a while though.

Packrat
03-16-2018, 05:59 AM
Just show up at the gate as early as possible.

Baradium
03-16-2018, 11:26 AM
As stated above, general rule for Alaska is at the gate. An agent working the flight is supposed to list you and they are supposed to be there 1 hour prior. Some small stations prefer you to list at the ticket counter (and in at least one case only allow that) but the larger ones only allow listing at the gate. The exception is you can list at the counter if checking a bag, although your position at the gate is supposed to determine your actual spot in line.

Packrat
03-17-2018, 06:35 AM
P.S. You can also list for the jumpseat at the Customer Service Center.

Baradium
03-17-2018, 04:18 PM
P.S. You can also list for the jumpseat at the Customer Service Center.

Sometimes. I used to do it and was told it is against policy to do so. Only the agent working the flight is supposed to.

Silver02ex
03-18-2018, 04:38 PM
List at the gate and have your passport and pilot certificate ready. I had an issue in DAL awhile back with an old VX agent who looked confused when I tried to list at the gate, even though it’s an Alaska flight.

Packrat
03-19-2018, 07:54 AM
Sometimes. I used to do it and was told it is against policy to do so. Only the agent working the flight is supposed to.

I just did it last week in SEA.