Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : FLICA bots

PasserOGas
03-16-2018, 08:33 AM
So, I just watched one guy pick up 30% of the mon-fri day turns in open time within seconds during the 48 hour FCFS window. Obviously this person is using a bot. Does anyone know where B6's policy for using a bot is located?

Southerndog
03-16-2018, 08:44 AM
So, I just watched one guy pick up 30% of the mon-fri day turns in open time within seconds during the 48 hour FCFS window. Obviously this person is using a bot. Does anyone know where B6's policy for using a bot is located?

Does Jetblue use Flica?

If so read the END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT... bottom of the page

License.
Grant. You are hereby granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to access and use FLICA.
Limitations. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to determine the source code of the components of FLICA nor may you reproduce all or any portion of FLICA. Certain hardware and software may not be capable of supporting FLICA. The performance of FLICA may vary with the manufacturers' equipment with which it is used. You may not copy, download, store, publish, transmit, transfer, sell or use any feature of FLICA except as permitted by this Agreement, with Sabre's prior written permission, or as allowed under the Fair Use provision of the U.S. Copyright Act. You may not sell, license or distribute data or the use of FLICA services to third parties. Use of any unattended or automated systems to access, bid or obtain data within FLICA is specifically prohibited. Violation of these policies may result in, but is not limited to, the revocation of FLICA access.

kingair35
03-16-2018, 08:54 AM
Yes, bots are being used. I heard this directly from an IT guy here at the company. Unfortunately itís a game of cat and mouse to catch and to prove their use. But itís wildly obvious that they are being used in FLL.

PasserOGas
03-16-2018, 10:13 AM
Then he goes and puts them all on the tradeboard.

Douchey. Very douchy indeed.

queue
03-16-2018, 10:16 AM
Then he goes and puts them all on the tradeboard.

Douchey. Very douchy indeed.

They could add Captcha or many equivalents to the code (to submit only).

PasserOGas
03-16-2018, 10:20 AM
They could add Captcha or many equivalents to the code (to submit only).

I think they should let you use bots. Then we could all buy them and it would even the playing field.

Its a losing battle, and pointless.

capt707
03-16-2018, 10:24 AM
They have caught people in the past using bots, but yet, they still work here.

I love the guys using bots (or no bots) scooping up anything high credit that drops in open time! All for straight pay! This pilot group is so f'ing stupid!

PasserOGas
03-16-2018, 10:28 AM

I love the guys using bots (or no bots) scooping up anything high credit that drops in open time! All for straight pay! This pilot group is so f'ing stupid!

Hey man, dont you put that evil on me. I was trading (or attempting to.) Big diff.

feltf4
03-17-2018, 02:38 AM

We had pilots picking up 10 hour 3 days in the last IROP.... for straight time.... that is smaht

PasserOGas
03-17-2018, 02:40 AM
We had pilots picking up 10 hour 3 days in the last IROP.... for straight time.... that is smaht

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with picking up open time.