Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : DEN/MCI commute?

BeNAplane
03-19-2018, 08:48 AM
Anyone commuting from the Denver area?

Captain Slow
03-19-2018, 11:47 AM
Lots of Denver commuters in MCI, since we used to have a base in Denver. I've heard the commute isn't bad, and I've heard it absolutely sucks. Super helpful, I know.

glassnpowder98
03-19-2018, 01:48 PM
Did it for about a year before upgrading and heading back to the east coast. Even when I was bidding #10 in MCI I couldnít hold both end commutable trips. The commute wasnít awful but I did miss a few flights due to more senior guys getting the jumpseat. I canít really complain too much about my time at Republic, but commuting in general isnít fun. Republic may pay better than the regionals in Denver, but you should factor in if thatís worth the extra money youíll pay in hotels/crashpads and lost nights at home. Feel free to PM me with questions if you want.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1