Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : A question related to drug

binx
03-20-2018, 01:19 PM
Hi guys.

Last year I accidentally had a drink at a party that contains illegal drug. I don't even know what it is but after I feel something is really wrong, I took myself to the ER. Now I am fully recovered and I have never have other drug problems. I wanna to get my private hence need a medical certificate. Should I tell the examer about the whole thing? How should I do in this case?

JohnBurke
03-20-2018, 07:20 PM
No, you should not discuss this event with your medical examiner.

It's possible to have someone slip something in your drink, but if there were illegal drugs in your drink, it's more likely that you put them there.

Judgement is one of the single most crucial traits in a pilot. The monkey skills of driving the airplane are a dime-a-dozen. We don't get paid for that. We get paid for judgement. Avoid any situation that might lead to what you describe, including drinking in the circles where this happened.

If English is not your first language, you may wish to look into some instruction, as English proficiency is also a certification requirement.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1