Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ATI hiring

midnightshuttle
03-21-2018, 01:19 PM
Getting more amazon planes! Come get your type and get PIC quick

MysteriousMrX
03-21-2018, 01:33 PM
Then why are there never any pilot jobs listed on their career page??

FlyAstarJets
03-21-2018, 03:30 PM

Window opening 03/22/18 through 03/29/18 as per HR this week.

No Land 3
03-21-2018, 05:17 PM
Ohh, hiring windows, how cute...

goinaround
03-21-2018, 05:24 PM
Ohh, hiring windows, how cute...

Well I mean......how else can you control what is certain to be the unmanageable flood of applications that are sure to come?

woog315
03-22-2018, 09:22 AM

Please stop checking, your entire industry thanks you.

TheGarbageMan
03-22-2018, 09:56 AM
I bet it coasts more to work there than they pay.

ROBsINtheHOOD
03-22-2018, 10:42 AM
I bet it coasts more to work there than they pay.

It speeks voluumes if you kant spel.

Grammar , punctuation and the ability to read and write are BASICS. Spelling , well that`s even more BASIC.

If you can`t spell correctly , it foreshadows an inability to fly an aircraft in the minds of many Chief Pilots and senior managers. Or don`t some people get it ??

Industry Strnd
03-22-2018, 10:48 AM

Because even with the new TA it doesn't pay enough to be qualified as a pilot job! 😆 .It's not a "career" there isnt a DC plan like everyone else has..maybe someone here can tell this guy which tab to look in under in job openings.........

motorclutch
03-22-2018, 10:57 AM
If he’s too stupid to figure it out......tell him to look under ATI Hiring! I heard they might need his dumb [email protected]@.

OverGMcGee
03-22-2018, 02:48 PM
This is a fine place to get a type and time and move on. Its large commuter/national type pay with a better lifestyle

If you gents want UPS pay go apply there

El Pilot
03-22-2018, 03:31 PM
So first year FO is now 77k after the new TA? How useful would a 767 type be for like trying to get a gig in China? just curious.

Industry Strnd
03-22-2018, 03:37 PM
Check your math 64k 1st year...and many sleepless nights!

l8fr82hub
03-22-2018, 03:49 PM
Check your math 64k 1st year...and many sleepless nights!

That’s a helluva lot more than $42,432 (ABX first year)

TheGarbageMan
03-22-2018, 04:14 PM

Grammar , punctuation and the ability to read and write are BASICS. Spelling , well that`s even more BASIC.

If you can`t spell correctly , it foreshadows an inability to fly an aircraft in the minds of many Chief Pilots and senior managers. Or don`t some people get it ??

Ouch....dam auto correct.

Industry Strnd
03-22-2018, 04:58 PM
That’s a helluva lot more than $42,432 (ABX first year)

You're right neither place is worth working at!

Screwed
03-22-2018, 05:08 PM
This is a fine place to get a type and time and move on. Its large commuter/national type pay with a better lifestyle

If you gents want UPS pay go apply there

If you want to work FOR scumbags and work WITH a few scabs....then go to ATI

hackerbyday
03-22-2018, 06:02 PM
Getting more amazon planes! Come get your type and get PIC quick

Damn you guys did believe all of JV’s BS. Amazon hasn’t signed any new contracts with ATSG. I guess all you need to do is order more bag tags and that counts for more aircraft.

hackerbyday
03-22-2018, 06:07 PM

Yes you can spell, so I give you that its alright to continue taxiing after reporting NIL braking, it’s OK to land with less than 2000lbs of fuel at your destination, and it’s OK to block out without deicing as long as your on time for your Amazon bag tag flight. Yep ya’ll can fly.
And the greatest achievement you have attained is to retain the bottom feeder name tag when you had all the leverage you needed for an industry leading contract. Sharpest tools in the workshop I’d say.

OverGMcGee
03-23-2018, 03:25 AM
It was over 3000 lbs, not safe I agree.

motorclutch
03-23-2018, 04:42 AM
3000 lbs - not safe? Mr understatement! How about: not smart, not professional, not skilled. But reflects your standards at ATI. I guess this is as good as it gets with your selection process.

Reactivity
03-23-2018, 07:51 PM
How useful would a 767 type be for like trying to get a gig in China? just curious.

Is your Googler on the fritz? Mine says most contracts look for 500 in type.

point432
03-24-2018, 04:33 AM
So first year FO is now 77k after the new TA? How useful would a 767 type be for like trying to get a gig in China? just curious.

The answer is: not really. There are a couple contract companies that handle China gigs, but a 76 type isn’t that popular over there it seems. Some will give you the credit for the type which could help. Also, you will need time in type...typically 500 hrs. More useful types are: 320, 330, 74, 777, 73.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sherpster
03-24-2018, 05:09 AM
Go here instead of ATI

Pilots ? Home Page (http://www.flycommutair.com/careers/pilots/)

Have a true career path, fly during the day, and enjoy a normal schedule OR go to ATI and guess what the future holds, fly at night for 16 straight "days", get a Prime Air luggage tag and be able to tell your loser friends you work for Amazon.

You are welcome.

clb2vnav
03-24-2018, 06:17 AM
Go here instead of ATI

Have a true career path, fly during the day, and enjoy a normal schedule OR go to ATI and guess what the future holds, fly at night for 16 straight "days", get a Prime Air luggage tag and be able to tell your loser friends you work for Amazon.

You are welcome.

I'd have to agree with sherpster on this one. One can pick their regional and have a better QOL there.

Vanilla
03-24-2018, 06:31 AM
Go here instead of ATI

You are welcome.

Even Mesa recently established a CPP with United.

Mesa Air Group Airlines Career Path Program (http://www.mesa-air.com/content.aspx?pageID=31342&CNM=United)

727CA
03-24-2018, 07:26 AM

Many people have chosen ATI as a "true career path". They've been around since the late 70's, much longer than the regionals. There's been tough times and good times, but that's no different from any other airline in the world.
I can't speak for all the pilots hired within the last two years, but most ATI pilots love the schedule. Go to work 13 times a year, get a two week vacation every month. Sure, ATI has night flights, but so does UPS and FedEx. There is also plenty of daytime flying with Amazon. If a person doesn't like nighttime flying, well don't apply at a cargo airline.

ATI pilots don't have the same toxic relationship with mgmt like ATLAS and ABX does. Pretty much a stress free environment and easy flying. Every pilot I know stays at ATI because they choose to stay at ATI and enjoy a great QOL.

motorclutch
03-24-2018, 08:05 AM
Another reason they stay is : A felony record!

nitefr8dog
03-24-2018, 08:12 AM
Many people have chosen ATI as a "true career path". They've been around since the late 70's, much longer than the regionals. There's been tough times and good times, but that's no different from any other airline in the world.
I can't speak for all the pilots hired within the last two years, but most ATI pilots love the schedule. Go to work 13 times a year, get a two week vacation every month. Sure, ATI has night flights, but so does UPS and FedEx. There is also plenty of daytime flying with Amazon. If a person doesn't like nighttime flying, well don't apply at a cargo airline.

ATI pilots don't have the same toxic relationship with mgmt like ATLAS and ABX does. Pretty much a stress free environment and easy flying. Every pilot I know stays at ATI because they choose to stay at ATI and enjoy a great QOL.

Until they retire and realize they have no retirement.

motorclutch
03-24-2018, 08:17 AM
But....it’s stress free until then.
And no caustic relation with management.....a true “plantation of love”

boiler
03-24-2018, 11:52 AM
ATI pilots don't have the same toxic relationship with mgmt like ATLAS and ABX does. Pretty much a stress free environment

This is what the psychiatric profession refers to as “Stockholm Syndrome.”

727CA
03-24-2018, 12:42 PM
This is what the psychiatric profession refers to as “Stockholm Syndrome.”

That is not Stockholm syndrome. Why be angry at ATI pilots because of the good relationship with management?

Look at what's going on over at ABX, they hate each other and can hardly stand to be in the same room together.

CIITS
03-24-2018, 12:48 PM
Of course you don't have a toxic relationship. You gladly bend over and take it!! Your management loves you!!!

boiler
03-24-2018, 01:38 PM
That is not Stockholm syndrome. Why be angry at ATI pilots because of the good relationship with management?

Look at what's going on over at ABX, they hate each other and can hardly stand to be in the same room together.

Because your “good relationship” is like that of an abused individual with their oppressor. It is not healthy at all - they give you a pitiful offer and you all overwhelmingly ratify it. You think JH and JV are looking out for you, but they just laugh at your lack of a spine.

As to our bad relationship with management, has there ever been a pilot group that has gotten along with Dave Soaper? He’s cut from the same cloth as your scab leader JV...we are just willing to stand up for ourselves.

Screwed
03-24-2018, 04:35 PM

You don't have a good relationship with management. If you did then they would have given you a good contract. Management has proven they are the masters and you are the indentured servants.

And ABX doesn't hate each other. They hate management and they hate you. Well okay.....so does pretty much everybody else. Nobody likes scabs and cowards.

gumpscheck
03-24-2018, 04:52 PM
You don't have a good relationship with management. If you did then they would have given you a good contract. Management has proven they are the masters and you are the indentured servants.

And ABX doesn't hate each other. They hate management and they hate you. Well okay.....so does pretty much everybody else. Nobody likes scabs and cowards.

^^^Yep..What he says^^^

No Land 3
03-25-2018, 08:12 AM
I wonder if they will be knocking down the doors at ATI? My first year at K4, which happened to be perfectly timed with the new contract, grossed over 130k. Others have done even better. Granted, we all fly way above the monthly guarantee on the 74, within our schedule footprint. Just food for thought.

Jurassic Jet
03-25-2018, 08:32 AM
I wonder if they will be knocking down the doors at ATI?

Oh yeah! JH told the investors they have more resumes than they know what to do with!

I mean who wouldn't want to work there?

Such awesome pay....well, almost bottom of the barrel

Well, how about retirement? Ha ha

Oh and my personal favorite...vacation on your days off!!!

And let's not forget, despised by almost every other ACMI carrier looking to bring the standard up.

mpflyboy1
03-25-2018, 09:26 AM
Oh yeah! JH told the investors they have more resumes than they know what to do with!

I mean who wouldn't want to work there?

Such awesome pay....well, almost bottom of the barrel

Well, how about retirement? Ha ha

Oh and my personal favorite...vacation on your days off!!!

And let's not forget, despised by almost every other ACMI carrier looking to bring the standard up.

Don't forget the risk to life and certificates with their safety reputation with FAA.

Also food for thought: You really think as a young pilot Amazon is the place for a career? After all, they have made it abundantly clear that they want to replace pilots with automation as soon as they can, and you know cargo flights will be the first to be automated.

l8fr82hub
03-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Thanks for posting that. I know you guys have hated us since ATSG acquired us in 2007 and I've tried to explain that to our newbs, but they don't seem to believe it. Now I have something to show them.

Good luck to you.

airbus300
03-25-2018, 11:03 AM
Thanks for posting that. I know you guys have hated us since ATSG acquired us in 2007 and I've tried to explain that to our newbs, but they don't seem to believe it. Now I have something to show them.

Good luck to you.

I think Screwed is actually from Atlas. After ABX took a $50,000 pay cut to get more DHL 767 flying, Atlas set their 767 Captain pay to $130,000 to get some DHL 767 flying (equal to what their 747 flight engineers were making at the time). But that is water under the bridge....

nitefr8dog
03-25-2018, 11:12 AM

Good luck to you.
Maybe also remind them that after ATSG accuired you...BAX went away and you lost 80% of your business while ABX was producing income to pay for a total refleet of your two combined airlines which produced no revenue for years. And then tell them your pilots agreed to not negotiate a contract and work for welfare wages to take all the Amazon flying away from ABX....you and your pilot group are and always will be a bunch of hacks.

nitefr8dog
03-25-2018, 11:40 AM
I think Screwed is actually from Atlas. After ABX took a $50,000 pay cut to get more DHL 767 flying, Atlas set their 767 Captain pay to $130,000 to get some DHL 767 flying (equal to what their 747 flight engineers were making at the time). But that is water under the bridge....
ABX took a 50K pay cut because we went from flying 115 aircraft to 15 after DHL bought Airborne Express then [email protected]%ked up the business that Airborne built over 40 yrs. Our stock went from 8$ to .18 and we were delisted. That is why we took a 50K haircut. That is not the case now with record profits.

gumpscheck
03-25-2018, 11:41 AM

What???
Can you please elaborate?

nitefr8dog
03-25-2018, 11:46 AM
ABX got additional DHL flying because ABX was the only US DHL carrier fly 767 aircraft and DHL did not want the DC8/727 that ATI/Capitol/Astar were flying. The 9 7672 that Atlas flies also were former ABX given to ATLAS to spread the flying out to be able to whipsaw the carriers. ATLAS or someone else was going to get that flying either way. Just like now how we are seeing everyone so happy at K4.

Asci
03-25-2018, 12:00 PM
All super pertinent to the ATI hiring thread. 🤫

airbus300
03-25-2018, 12:24 PM
ABX took a 50K pay cut because we went from flying 115 aircraft to 15 after DHL bought Airborne Express then [email protected]%ked up the business that Airborne built over 40 yrs. Our stock went from 8$ to .18 and we were delisted. That is why we took a 50K haircut. That is not the case now with record profits.

Well, now with the ATI 12 year Captain pay scale going from $130,000 to $219,000 over the next 3 years, you should be able to secure more of the Amazon flying. (Not like ATI took a pay cut). Can't help you with the DHL 767 flying since we only have a very small slice of the DHL action, none of which is 767 flying. Keep an eye on Kalitta. There is a lot more risk of them taking your DHL flying compared to ATI.

nitefr8dog
03-25-2018, 02:13 PM
Well, now with the ATI 12 year Captain pay scale going from $130,000 to $219,000 over the next 3 years, you should be able to secure more of the Amazon flying. (Not like ATI took a pay cut). Can't help you with the DHL 767 flying since we only have a very small slice of the DHL action, none of which is 767 flying. Keep an eye on Kalitta. There is a lot more risk of them taking your DHL flying compared to ATI.
I think I just said that 2 posts back?

Lemon Jello
03-25-2018, 06:17 PM
ABX got additional DHL flying because ABX was the only US DHL carrier fly 767 aircraft and DHL did not want the DC8/727 that ATI/Capitol/Astar were flying. The 9 7672 that Atlas flies also were former ABX given to ATLAS to spread the flying out to be able to whipsaw the carriers. ATLAS or someone else was going to get that flying either way. Just like now how we are seeing everyone so happy at K4.

The way I remember it, the centerpiece of the ABX concessionary contract was a commitment from DHL that “Astar will never fly 767’s for us”. So be it. Bottom line is, ATI has a new contract and their pilots will be making more than they did before. Good for them. Given the vitriolic comments that have been hurled at them over the years, how can you wonder why they didn’t lean into the strike zone and take a fastball to the head for team ABX?

woog315
03-25-2018, 06:57 PM
The way I remember it, the centerpiece of the ABX concessionary contract was a commitment from DHL that “Astar will never fly 767’s for us”. So be it. Bottom line is, ATI has a new contract and their pilots will be making more than they did before. Good for them. Given the vitriolic comments that have been hurled at them over the years, how can you wonder why they didn’t lean into the strike zone and take a fastball to the head for team ABX?

ABX (airborne at the time, obviously) was bought by DHL, with the promise that they were going to be DHLs US domestic arm, and then completely thrown under the bus in one of the worst economic downturns in history. It's a *slightly* different situation, come on. ABX had no leverage at all- ATI had all the leverage in the world and just flushed it because they have no leadership and apparently can't do math.

Anyways, I have a prediction for ATI regarding this narrowbody exclusivity clause. Your contract is amenable in 3 years- those aircraft won't even be on property in 3 years (they might *just* be trickling in). When it comes time for contract negotiations, the company line will be "Well, these are all going to be CVG based aircraft, so we can't renew this exclusivity agreement AND give you home basing.... so you guys choose". Then you're going to end up the bottom rung contract with no home basing. Good luck.

727CA
03-25-2018, 08:21 PM
When it comes time for contract negotiations, the company line will be "Well, these are all going to be CVG based aircraft, so we can't renew this exclusivity agreement AND give you home basing.... so you guys choose". Then you're going to end up the bottom rung contract with no home basing. Good luck.

That offer went around to all the ACMI airlines. Everybody turned it down, ATI included. ATI mgmt immediatley came back with a second offer, this time throwing in home basing instead of CVG based. ATI pilots turned it down again because the pay rates were too low in addition to a few other small issues.
Turns out Southern pilots took the crappy origional offer, with crappy rates, CVG based...basically what everyone else turned down.
Why isn't anybody on here bashing Southern?

woog315
03-25-2018, 09:30 PM
Uh, I've never heard of anyone *not* bashing Southern. They just aren't in the spotlight right now

zerozero
03-26-2018, 04:41 AM
What???
Can you please elaborate?

That comment is not technically correct.

The Atlas 767 rates were already predetermined by the CBA in 2011. The rates are a percentage of the negotiated 747 rates based on aircraft weights.

It was not a strategic ploy to short change ABX.

Industry Strnd
03-26-2018, 09:23 AM
ACMI
Airline Can't Match Industry

No retirement
Not as many days off
Low pay
16 days in a row only schedule
Work with some who crossed picket line
Weak ALPA union
Only Airline to cave on a contract since hiring boom began!

Look elsewhere young grass hopper!

maxjet
03-27-2018, 04:56 AM
Interesting that K4 12 year 767 rate is close to 300.00. Pay won’t be a factor in acquiring DHL 767 flying

midnightshuttle
03-28-2018, 06:53 PM
ATI just fired the head of standards.

ppl here heard him bashing that awful TA of ours. Ole’ Bucky put him down. Surely there were other circumstances but publicly bashing the contract and calling V stupid amongst the troops will get you trouble

OverGMcGee
03-30-2018, 03:24 PM
ATI just fired the head of standards.

ppl here heard him bashing that awful TA of ours. Ole’ Bucky put him down. Surely there were other circumstances but publicly bashing the contract and calling V stupid amongst the troops will get you trouble

Negative

He falsified a linecheck with racial overtones. He was then asked to step down. The capt involved should seek damages outside of alpa. This is a different situation. You cant make every post about the contract. Its passed the boat has sailed give it up.

Mooneyguy
04-02-2018, 07:07 PM
Anyone here apply while the window was open?
if so, have you heard anything from them since applying?

BlueSkies88
04-02-2018, 07:23 PM

Word has it when you arrive at the interview they welcome you with a prime air bag tag!

nitefr8dog
04-03-2018, 06:29 AM
I would think not many pilots would admit on a public forum they have applied at ATI....with all the social media tracking now days that could haunt you forever.

Seatwarmer
04-03-2018, 03:31 PM
ACMI
Airline Can't Match Industry

No retirement
Not as many days off
Low pay
16 days in a row only schedule
Work with some who crossed picket line
Weak ALPA union
Only Airline to cave on a contract since hiring boom began!

Look elsewhere young grass hopper!
#5. Call it what it is = SCAB

Industry Strnd
04-05-2018, 05:43 PM
#5. Call it what it is = SCAB

Forgot to mention even in the new leaflet, I'm mean weak alpa contract you can have "vacation" on your normal days off!!!!

CA Deplorable
04-08-2018, 07:43 AM
Was the head of standards TP?

Industry Strnd
04-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Anone know the number that quit since the TA was signed? Best guess on how many will quit once they get a better offer?

clb2vnav
04-15-2018, 06:12 AM
Anone know the number that quit since the TA was signed? Best guess on how many will quit once they get a better offer?

Well, there's at least one. 😊 I'm guessing a lot more will leave once a major calls. For some though, living in base with a regional brings way more QOL than ACMI life, and that's the direction this pilot went.

FlyAstarJets
04-15-2018, 01:17 PM

Well, there's at least one. 😊 I'm guessing a lot more will leave once a major calls. For some though, living in base with a regional brings way more QOL than ACMI life, and that's the direction this pilot went.

I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you. ACMI life is not for everyone, that is true. But to be honest, you were working on your “exit plan” way before the contract was signed were you not?

Best of luck!!

FAJ

clb2vnav
04-16-2018, 05:17 AM
I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you. ACMI life is not for everyone, that is true. But to be honest, you were working on your “exit plan” way before the contract was signed were you not?

Best of luck!!

FAJ

Indeed I was! The hardest part for me were day/night transitions. My sleepy eyes were already wandering.

...perhaps that's why I'm single. 😆 Sorry, wrong thread.

Safe skies and happy futures!

nitefr8dog
04-16-2018, 06:57 AM
Indeed I was! The hardest part for me were day/night transitions. My sleepy eyes were already wandering.

...perhaps that's why I'm single. 😆 Sorry, wrong thread.

Safe skies and happy futures!

Smart....that contract is not worth your health.

WingOffLight
04-18-2018, 08:07 AM

ATI is no different that ATLAS, K, or anyone els. Massive hiring wave hasn't even crested and wont for another 5 years. I think you will see a complete turnover of pilots that "can" leave.

The short term difference is I don't believe ATI or those from other ACMI's are making lateral moves. Unless ATI starts to shut down again as they historically have every 5-8yrs.

No Land 3
04-18-2018, 10:13 AM
ATI is no different that ATLAS, K, or anyone els. Massive hiring wave hasn't even crested and wont for another 5 years. I think you will see a complete turnover of pilots that "can" leave.

The short term difference is I don't believe ATI or those from other ACMI's are making lateral moves. Unless ATI starts to shut down again as they historically have every 5-8yrs.
Actually, there’s huge differences between all that are mentioned. It’s already a stretch grouping these carriers together.

nitefr8dog
04-18-2018, 10:47 AM
Actually, there’s huge differences between all that are mentioned. It’s already a stretch grouping these carriers together.
You are correct ATI has scabs and was willing to settle for a horible contract for a little money.

Asci
04-18-2018, 11:24 AM

I agree they are very different. Here’s how I view the ACMI world (this isn’t meant to be viscous or condescending so please don’t take offense)... but I know some will😜
ATI is the regional airline of the group. Upgrades are quick and pay is relatively low. No one knows how long it will last. Could be getting new airplanes and continuing to grow or could stop growing and be forced to leave for PIC time. Being home based is huge for the old guys. Like many who never leave a regionals because they are content with pay and don’t need to commute. Lots of trips will get you home during your 16 days out if you live near one of the airports they service.
ABX is like the UPS or FedEx domestic guys. High pay and a central hub. If you live in or near CVG it’s great for you. Especially for all the reserve you will be pulling to start. Upgrade times are looong. Work rules are best in the ACMI world (imho) unfortunately they no longer haul their own freight and have less control over their own growth and lack the stability of a UPS. With any luck they will kick out an industry leading contract and with the “labor peace” start getting new airplanes
K4 and Atlas are like the UPS and FedEx international guys. You’re gone for long stretches you work your arse off for 16 days a month in a row and then you get to go home for some time off with the family. It’s hard on family life especially with young children. Not that the other ACMI’s aren’t but flying the 747 around the world is even more so. When atlas figures out their contract they and K4 will be the highest paying in the industry as you will always break gaurentee on the 747. Until then they are kind of a feeder for FedEx from what I hear. Heavy international time is far more valuble then the domestic slog to FedEx and UPS.
The downside to all the ACMI’s is the family life and the fact that seniority only gets you the trips you want to fly not the schedule or flexibility seniority gets you elsewhere. The amazon flying has been a great opportunity but is also a huge risk. In 2 years when the contract for pilots is up or two years after that the when the aircraft contract is up a lot of us could be out of a job. Or there’s always the dreaded merger rumor or amazon buy out. Who knows. All I know is if you fly for any of these companies and you have been there less than 10 years and you are under 55 you should (and likely do) have your apps out at all the legacy carriers and UPS and FedEx and won’t turn down the job if one calls you back.

Asci
04-18-2018, 11:42 AM
You are correct ATI has scabs and was willing to settle for a horible contract for a little money.

Oh yeah I forgot if you work for ATI you have to listen to 5-6 clowns from ABX call you a scab on every single thread in the cargo forum. Thanks for reminding me.

nitefr8dog
04-18-2018, 11:57 AM
Oh yeah I forgot if you work for ATI you have to listen to 5-6 clowns from ABX call you a scab on every single thread in the cargo forum. Thanks for reminding me.
No way to sugar coat it.....after ATSG bought ATI/Cappy they lost all their business....again all their business! For years! ABX was the only part of ATSG making money and agreed to pay cuts to the tune of 350 to 400M to keep the company on a life line. The result ATSG used that money generated from ABX and refleeted ATI from a bunch of clapped out 727s and DC8s to 767s and those pr!%ks take a horses%#t lowball contract when ATSG is making record profits....and crossed a picket line!. What do you call them? Pillars of the Aviaton community? Personally I would not borrow one of them a bandaid.

nitefr8dog
04-18-2018, 12:13 PM

Let's not forget those a$$'s agreed to not work on a new contract to capture the Amazon flying (except the 12 yr crew members would get 3 % pay raise! ) unbelievable... you cannot make this sh!t up!

Whale Driver
04-18-2018, 12:40 PM
To quote Bill Parcels, "You are what your record says you are".
ATI's record is that of a SCAB airline that crosses picket lines.

nitefr8dog
04-18-2018, 12:59 PM
To quote Bill Parcels, "You are what your record says you are".
ATI's record is that of a SCAB airline that crosses picket lines.
Exactly! Anything else is just trying to polish a turd! In the end they are still just turds!

motorclutch
04-18-2018, 01:27 PM
To add fuel to the fire....recently in a meeting with ALPA national, 1224 was acknowledged as having conducted a legal strike. Their only concern was lack of “prior notification”. With meth-mouth and JV doing reach arounds, that wasn’t going to happen!

FlyAstarJets
04-18-2018, 01:52 PM
To add fuel to the fire....recently in a meeting with ALPA national, 1224 was acknowledged as having conducted a legal strike. Their only concern was lack of “prior notification”. With meth-mouth and JV doing reach arounds, that wasn’t going to happen!

I have a letter dated March 31, 2017 from Capt. Tim Canoll, President, ALPA that says otherwise.

Please provide proof of this recent meeting and content.

nitefr8dog
04-18-2018, 02:03 PM
I have a letter dated March 31, 2017 from Capt. Tim Canoll, President, ALPA that says otherwise.

Please provide proof of this recent meeting and content.
That's funny...the first to items out three were court ordered to stop...the last was paid out in cash to avoid going to court. In short all 3 were settled in favor of 1224 and have not been violated since. What that prick says to you so you do not upset the apple cart and what is said behind closed doors to look like he agrees/supports 1224 are 2 different things...come on are you that gullible?

motorclutch
04-18-2018, 02:17 PM
I know Tim from airwing days, he’s good at covering his ass.

FlyAstarJets
04-18-2018, 02:26 PM
That's funny...the first to items out three were court ordered to stop...the last was paid out in cash to avoid going to court. In short all 3 were settled in favor of 1224 and have not been violated since. What that prick says to you so you do not upset the apple cart and what is said behind closed doors to look like he agrees/supports 1224 are 2 different things...come on are you that gullible?

No, I am not. That’s why I won’t accept “someone” who says so.

EDIT: for violating my own personal rule .... “don’t be rude”

nitefr8dog
04-18-2018, 02:29 PM
No, I am not. That’s why I won’t accept someone who says so.

EDIT: for violating my own personal rule .... “don’t be rude”
Perfect we agree Cahill is a lying prick!

FlyAstarJets
04-18-2018, 02:34 PM
Perfect we agree Cahill is a lying prick!

Whether we agree or not, my request still stands. Provide proof or it didn’t happen.

Cahill???

nitefr8dog
04-18-2018, 02:51 PM
Whether we agree or not, my request still stands. Provide proof or it didn’t happen.

Cahill???
Canoll...again funny because nobody cares about your proof requirements....my bonus check from the company for 1224 not taking it to court is proof enough for me.( I bought a storage building with it)

FlyAstarJets
04-18-2018, 03:00 PM
Canoll...again funny because nobody cares about your proof requirements....my bonus check from the company for 1224 not taking it to court is proof enough for me.( I bought a storage building with it)

Funny... because I wasn't addressing you. But of course you knew that.

And by your “non-answer” you have provided me with what I thought was the case. Said meeting between ALPA and 1224 never happened.

nitefr8dog
04-18-2018, 03:23 PM

And by your “non-answer” you have provided me with what I thought was the case. Said meeting between ALPA and 1224 never happened.
Not my post I was not there....moterclutch said that. But of course you knew that. What I do know is that ATI (you) took it in the tail pipe. When ATI Captains are averaging 400K and FOs 300K I will believe otherwise. Until then you got [email protected]#ked!

nitefr8dog
04-18-2018, 03:39 PM

Even more comforting is....in a 10 years or so when I retire you idiots will be working without a retirement while funding mine! Excellent!!

FlyAstarJets
04-18-2018, 05:02 PM
Not my post I was not there....moterclutch said that. But of course you knew that. What I do know is that ATI (you) took it in the tail pipe. When ATI Captains are averaging 400K and FOs 300K I will believe otherwise. Until then you got [email protected]#ked!

Ahh, the argument of an intellectual giant.

But I’m not the one working under a concessionary contract for the last eight years.

But thanks again for supporting my argument, “there was no meeting between ALPA National and 1224” by your non-answer.

nitefr8dog
04-18-2018, 05:04 PM
Ahh, the argument of an intellectual giant.

But I’m not the one working under a concessionary contract for the last eight years.

But thanks again for supporting my argument, “there was no meeting between ALPA National and 1224” by your non-answer.
Ahh..but you are the one who worked for Walmart pay the last 8 yrs...while the ABX crews made millions..under a concessionary contract....with ABX pay rules Captain's will still make 50K to 100k per year more than ATI Captain's without overtime. And you will still contribute to my retirement. Thanks again.

Need4speed21
04-18-2018, 05:39 PM
Yes you can spell, so I give you that its alright to continue taxiing after reporting NIL braking, it’s OK to land with less than 2000lbs of fuel at your destination, and it’s OK to block out without deicing as long as your on time for your Amazon bag tag flight. Yep ya’ll can fly.
And the greatest achievement you have attained is to retain the bottom feeder name tag when you had all the leverage you needed for an industry leading contract. Sharpest tools in the workshop I’d say.😂😂😂😂 he said “it’s ok to block out without deicing as long as your on time for your Amazon bag tag flight “Lol 😂😂😂😂 thats mess-up

Asci
04-18-2018, 06:23 PM
Anyway aside from all the vitriol in the last page of troll posts, the target audience of this post is people looking to get hired. If you are looking to spice up your resume with some heavy time and have some fun while waiting for a call from the true big money airlines I’d go for it. I’d recommend jump seating on a few flights if you have that option to see what it’s like. I’d ride on K4 and Atlas and ABX as well. But if you really want to see what ABX will be like you can just go hang out in the DHL hub in CVG for your 12 RSV assigniments. Most junior captain at ABX was hired in1996? You would be a 777 or 787 captain at American or Delta if you got hired1996.
But I digress. I hope ABX gets UPS +10% in their next contract. Same with Atlas. Rising tides raise all ships (except ATI according to the haters)😜

Industry Strnd
04-18-2018, 06:45 PM
There really is no such thing as a lateral move from ACMI it's already the worst segment of the industry!

Halon1211
04-20-2018, 10:32 AM
You guys need to be emailing your union leaders and asking them what they are doing about section 744 of this bill.

I’m emailing my union rep and I don’t even fly cargo. We are all in this industry together!

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/business-aviation/2018-04-19/faa-bill-poised-reach-floor-next-week