Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : TRICARE Prime for FAA Class 1

WWRD
03-23-2018, 06:52 PM
Aloha,

Can anyone enlighten me as to how can I get TRICARE Prime to pay for my FAA Class 1. I am a military retiree.

Thanks.

galaxy flyer
03-23-2018, 07:26 PM
You can’t. You might be in the only corporate flight department that doesn’t expense physicals.

GF

JohnBurke
03-23-2018, 07:49 PM
You canít. You might be in the only corporate flight department that doesnít expense physicals.

GF

Apparently I was in the other one.

WWRD
03-23-2018, 07:52 PM
“... You might be in the only corporate flight department that doesn’t expense physicals...”

Who said I was in a corporate flight department?

galaxy flyer
03-23-2018, 08:14 PM
Letís see ďG550 LSĒ posting in the corporate forum. What would you guess?

John,. Been in three, everyone expensed the physical. Iíve visited dozens, never met one that didnít.

GF

JohnBurke
03-23-2018, 09:52 PM
Letís see ďG550 LSĒ posting in the corporate forum. What would you guess?

John,. Been in three, everyone expensed the physical. Iíve visited dozens, never met one that didnít.

GF

I've yet to find reason to doubt a thing you've posted, and I don't doubt this.

I can say with some degree of certainty, however, that we never worked for the same department, and you never visited mine.

Truth is, I've had very few employers who paid for medicals. Much like shop tools, those were always the employee's expense.

tommy2toes
03-23-2018, 10:51 PM
I've never worked for an employer who didn't pay for my physical.