Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Atlas Furloughs ?

boeingdvr
03-25-2018, 04:31 PM
Lots of bodies sitting around- no more planes coming.

thesandbox
03-25-2018, 06:55 PM
it does appear they have stopped hiring as well...
https://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/charter/atlas_air

suddenimpact
03-25-2018, 10:18 PM
Who knows?

With the company's bull and the union's bull, who is to say? Maybe the company has found a way to still make money by subleasing a lot of our flying to the other carriers in the 1224 Local and ATI. You only have to look back at the past Atlas/Polar merger to see that they have done similar compared to our situation now. Subleasing mostly done back then to develop leverage by furloughing Atlas guys. It took decertifying ALPA to get any movement going. Luckily we have a shortage of pilots felt universally across all carriers. That has helped us, but subleasing might be managements plan "B" or "C" that might be saving them or giving them time.

The majority of our guys are new and don't know any history here more than what the ExCo Chairman wants to tell them. He is a good pitch man and our new guys eat up his words like candy despite what actually happened in history.

GeelErmo
03-25-2018, 10:26 PM

Wrong info, got a call from Katlyn F. lately(less than a week ago)about interview.

JackStraw
03-25-2018, 10:40 PM
Look at the stock price. Itís down $6 in 2 days. Not good. Allegiant is hiring.

A Squared
03-25-2018, 11:29 PM
Look at the stock price. It’s down $6 in 2 days. Not good.

??? It closed at $58.95 You're gonna have to go back more than 2 days to find it at $65. Anyway, in case you hadn't noticed the Dow hasn't been exactly skyrocketing, so it's not like AAWW is in freefall while the rest of the world is skyrocketing.

boeingdvr
03-26-2018, 01:08 AM
Wrong info, got a call from Katlyn F. lately(less than a week ago)about interview.

Pilots have been furloughed in ground school often. Do a quick history search.

WacoQCF
03-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Truth: Atlas is NOT hiring!

I have photo evidence posted by the 1224 from WIA 2018. Atlas can’t recruit anyone anymore, even these eager young regional pilots were giving Atlas the cold shoulder. Atlas had an empty recruiting table for 3 days of the conference.

The word is on the street finally that you are better off getting your 1000 hours TPIC at your regional...and you will get better pay while doing it.

Pay: Atlas FO will make $48k 1st year, $74k 2nd year; and 5 year Captains are barely making $100k. Less in the 767. With no pay protection/line guarantee most pilots make only non guarantee.

JackStraw
03-26-2018, 04:17 AM
??? It closed at $58.95 You're gonna have to go back more than 2 days to find it at $65. Anyway, in case you hadn't noticed the Dow hasn't been exactly skyrocketing, so it's not like AAWW is in freefall while the rest of the world is skyrocketing.

Ok then. $6 in 5 days, smart guy. 10%, or $150 million, in 5 days is bad.

Allegiant is hiring.

boeingdvr
03-26-2018, 05:06 AM

Allegiant is hiring.

Potential Furloughs, leasing out flying, stock price down, no more planes, upgrades have stalled, 40 day trips.

Froggy
03-26-2018, 05:57 AM
Potential Furloughs, leasing out flying, stock price down, no more planes, upgrades have stalled, 40 day trips.

Where are you getting you're terrible information??
40 day trips only if YOU decide. There's a button so you can't back up trips if you select it.
I'm in upgrade now and know of several friends with upgrade class dates. The stagnation upgradewise has been on the 74. We are for a fact getting new planes across both fleets .

A Squared
03-26-2018, 06:44 AM

You won't find it 5 trading days earlier either, but I think you're missing the larger point here, that losing 7 percent in the same period that the Dow lost 5.6% isn't really a sign of the company's imminent collapse. If you start at 3/13, AAWW has lost *less* than the Dow in that time period. (-4.0% vs -5.9 for DJIA) Must mean the company is doing great compared to the rest of the world, right?

JackStraw
03-26-2018, 06:47 AM
You won't find it 5 trading days earlier either, but I think you're missing the larger point here, that losing 7 percent in the same period that the Dow lost 5.6% isn't really a sign of the company's imminent collapse.

Why are you splitting hairs over the difference in $6 and $5.40? Are you anally retentive?

Jurassic Jet
03-26-2018, 06:58 AM
Are you anally retentive?

If you only knew! :D:D:D

A Squared
03-26-2018, 07:02 AM
Why are you splitting hairs over the difference in $6 and $5.40?

Like I said, you're missing the larger point, the stock market, generally, is going down right now. Pointing to a few days when a particular stock went down a little bit more than the Dow, and claiming that it has great meaning about the health of a company is a little silly. KWIM?

JackStraw
03-26-2018, 07:06 AM
If you only knew! :D:D:D

Iím learning the hard way.

woog315
03-26-2018, 07:12 AM
Why are you splitting hairs over the difference in $6 and $5.40? Are you anally retentive?

You are completely missing the point.

JackStraw
03-26-2018, 07:18 AM
You are completely missing the point.

I understand the point just fine. You’re missing my underlying point, which is, apply elsewhere.

4runner
03-26-2018, 07:57 AM
Omni and Kalitta are hiring.

LineUpNWait
03-26-2018, 08:41 AM
Lots of bodies sitting around- no more planes coming.

Donít feed the troll!

New class of 28 747 pilots starting today soooooooo.

LineUpNWait
03-26-2018, 08:43 AM

40 day trips??!! Are you high?

LineUpNWait
03-26-2018, 08:45 AM
no more planes,

How about 2 747ís in 2017 and 4 more in 2018??

woog315
03-26-2018, 08:53 AM

If they are adding planes and steadily losing people to attrition, why did they announce no hiring until 2019? I think people are just trying to understand the actual logistics of what has happened here, not argue specifics. Hopefully someone at Atlas has some insight and we can accomplish something here besides nitpicking with each other.

boeingdvr
03-26-2018, 10:22 AM
It's so easy to do a 15-17 day trip- have a few days off and start a another 15-17. Day trip. So yes. 40 day trips - don't forget that 2 day commute to Anchorage.

UAL furloughed pilots in ground school during the mid 2000's

Atlas has plenty of bodies for the few planes left to come- there are nearly 600 pilots for 30 767's.

Pilots are sitting R2 for 17 days not being called during the entire stent- all to get extended for 3 more days of pain.

Zero upgrades on the last award.

Buyer beware

Atrasaty
03-26-2018, 12:36 PM

Jeff....is that you?

Airplaneflyer11
03-26-2018, 02:01 PM
Atlas will furlough the same way ABX did in the 4th quarter of 2017....oh wait, that was hollow threat by the Soaper team. Once they realized Abex lost more to attrition than He wanted to furlough that threat ended real quick!! Fortunately we all took him pretty serious and and showed management how intolerant we are of their head games. I figure Atlas will follow suit; as recent history is showing by supplying UPS with a steady stream of type rated pilots.

Spoiler alert: I heard AAWH is getting sued soon by Fed and UPS. Both claim AAWH is not fulfilling the quota for the pilot pipeline for classes they had agreed upon fast enough :D:D:D

5Ypilot
03-26-2018, 02:07 PM
As far as the 40 day trips, I just came to work two days ago, I will get two days at home the 1st and 2nd of April then I wonít get back home til the 19th. I am 37% seniority on the 767. Just the facts.

Polar Tiger
03-27-2018, 09:46 AM
Atlas is loosing pilots very quickly. High seniority are leaving too. Many retirements going on all year. I'll be surprised if there is a furlough.

LineUpNWait
03-27-2018, 09:56 AM
Zero upgrades on the last award.

Buyer beware

I think you need to revisit the latest vacancy award. Dated March 15th.

Upgrades in the 74 and 76!

Quit spewing your lies!

LineUpNWait
03-27-2018, 10:01 AM
As far as the 40 day trips, I just came to work two days ago, I will get two days at home the 1st and 2nd of April then I wonít get back home til the 19th. I am 37% seniority on the 767. Just the facts.

But letís be truthful here. You bid a line, you were awarded a line. Sometimes it just happens that way. You canít blame the company for that.

boeingdvr
03-27-2018, 11:56 AM
But letís be truthful here. You bid a line, you were awarded a line. Sometimes it just happens that way. You canít blame the company for that.

I agree- however, if you're junior. You can't control it.

5Ypilot
03-27-2018, 03:35 PM

No, you are exactly right, this is an awesome company with a great quality of life, I get to be gone 30 of 33 days, how did I not realize how great this company is. Ill make a whole 10 hours over guarantee, and I get a free airline ticket added to my reportable income so it even looks like I make more at tax time! Retirement plan? Ha, .50 match all the way to 10%, itís awesome! Sure to get a couple thousand out of the company every year to enjoy the security of knowing you have a comfortable retirement. Nope, you are right, this place is really awesome. Maybe I can get a prime air hat too.

boeingdvr
03-27-2018, 03:41 PM
No, you are exactly right, this is an awesome company with a great quality of life, I get to be gone 30 of 33 days, how did I not realize how great this company is.

We are highly paid. In fact FedEx and UPS pilots are leaving for us. Oh- wait. We just had an 18 year 747 CA leave for Brown. What does that tell you.

TallFlyer
03-27-2018, 07:47 PM
Are those fleet numbers accurate? 41 747s and 73 767s?

Lugar
03-27-2018, 07:58 PM
Atlas ainít half bad. Think of all the great places the pilots get to visit. I come from a G4 job and as a first 121 gig, the fact that one can upgrade from a G4 to a B747-400/800, what else can you ask for?

5Ypilot
03-27-2018, 08:15 PM
Atlas ainít half bad. Think of all the great places the pilots get to visit. I come from a G4 job and as a first 121 gig, the fact that one can upgrade from a G4 to a B747-400/800, what else can you ask for?

Yeah, a shiny jet, what more could you ask for? Its practically a hobby when you compare the compensation to the industry. I should be lucky to have such a great hobby that keeps me away from home 2/3 of my life and tolling on my health lagging across time zones.

WhaleWrangler
03-27-2018, 08:21 PM

WOW you're at Atlas now??? Just the other week you were boasting how you had "an in" with Connie and that you were interviewing immediatly at Kalitta and were tired of your 6 figure Biz-Jet gig!!

Big Fred
03-27-2018, 08:23 PM
Yeah, a shiny jet, what more could you ask for? Its practically a hobby when you compare the compensation to the industry. I should be lucky to have such a great hobby that keeps me away from home 2/3 of my life and tolling on my health lagging across time zones.

Look at the bright side ...... youíre not at Southern.

Lugar
03-27-2018, 08:58 PM
WOW you're at Atlas now??? Just the other week you were boasting how you had "an in" with Connie and that you were interviewing immediatly at Kalitta and were tired of your 6 figure Biz-Jet gig!!

Where or when did I say that I was at Atlas?!

iflyme
03-28-2018, 06:13 AM

He also has an upcoming interview at American and a job offer from Emirates. This dude is a frigging ROCKSTAR pilot!

Lugar
03-28-2018, 06:29 AM
He also has an upcoming interview at American and a job offer from Emirates. This dude is a frigging ROCKSTAR pilot!

I never said that I was at Atlas. But yes, I do have a job offer with Emirates, and a pending interview with American.

Still though, how can anyone complain about flying a B747 around the world?

BluePAX
03-28-2018, 07:26 AM

Iím not feeding the troll...

boeingdvr
03-28-2018, 12:21 PM
Iím not feeding the troll...

I agree. Commute 2 days prior to your 17 day trip, min layovers- headed home on day 17- BAM, 3 day extension. Now on Day 20. Commute home on Day 21. Enjoy your few days off for another Tour around the world.

Come on over. 45k per year.

manolo1492
03-28-2018, 12:59 PM
I loved my time at Atlas, and actually miss it! Maybe Iím just the weird kind that likes punishment? Or maybe 3 years floating on an aircraft carrier makes everything else seem peachy :) Only wish I wouldíve gone there sooner, and maybe stayed longer than a year so I couldíve done more awesome flying around the world. I still get teary eyed every time i see a 74 :(

Btw, I was only extended once to 21 days ($$$). And my commute to ANC from Texas was fairly easy, ORD commute was cake, and HSV felt like short drive to the airport.

Multicomm
03-28-2018, 03:11 PM

Did I miss it? I donít see anywhere that is say not hiring. I know there are classes planned through April.

Not Hiring ... vs ... Canít Recruit are two different tracks to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thesandbox
03-28-2018, 03:23 PM
phhhhewww.....looks like APC says Atlas is hiring again

Otterbox
03-28-2018, 03:27 PM

Folks flying Regional Jets domestically are making the same money... thatís how.

Atrasaty
03-28-2018, 04:00 PM
I still get teary eyed every time i see a 74.

I get teary eyed every time I see a 74 too......because It means I probably have to fly it.....and for RJ $.:eek:

Lugar
03-28-2018, 04:17 PM
Folks flying Regional Jets domestically are making the same money... thatís how.

But isnít the RJ flying harder work? More legs per day. At least the 747 guy is probably flying one, maximum two legs per day, and long ones at that.

JackStraw
03-28-2018, 04:31 PM
phhhhewww.....looks like APC says Atlas is hiring again

Thatís probably an error.

742Dash
03-28-2018, 06:25 PM
But isnít the RJ flying harder work? More legs per day. At least the 747 guy is probably flying one, maximum two legs per day, and long ones at that.

I take it that you have never been to Kabul.

Boris Badenov
03-28-2018, 06:53 PM

Never been to Kabul??? He's close personal friends with Hamid Karzai! Why, just the other day, they were chatting on the phone and Hammy (to his buddies) offered him a job!

gollum
03-28-2018, 10:24 PM

Whatís so hard about flying to Kabul? Just another airport!

FR8Dog7
03-29-2018, 02:54 AM
Whatís so hard about flying to Kabul? Just another airport!

I agree 100%. The airplane has no idea where it is!

FR8Dog7
03-29-2018, 02:58 AM

And he doesn't know it is a -8 and not an 800, but whatever. :D
Boy I am glad I am done!

Lugar
03-29-2018, 05:12 AM
I agree 100%. The airplane has no idea where it is!

Exactly! Glad that you get it.

Lugar
03-29-2018, 05:12 AM
And he doesn't know it is a -8 and not an 800, but whatever. :D
Boy I am glad I am done!

Type certificate is a -800. Model is a -8. But you knew that, right?

Froggy
03-29-2018, 07:00 AM

RJ fly is much more of a pain in the ass. This is by far the easiest job Iíve ever had. Anyone who says is hard is making it that way themselves.

lionflyer
03-29-2018, 07:57 AM
The mgmt trolls are strong with this thread. Kabul: high altitude, surrounded by mountains, >3.0 GS, ďsink rate!Ē screaming in your ear while getting lasered in the eye. Itís no different than LGA dude.

HercDriver130
03-29-2018, 08:17 AM
The mgmt trolls are strong with this thread. Kabul: high altitude, surrounded by mountains, >3.0 GS, ďsink rate!Ē screaming in your ear while getting lasered in the eye. Itís no different than LGA dude.

^^^^^^^^ this. (oh he forgot...crappy weather... and people in the area who would just as soon kill you...)

gollum
03-29-2018, 10:04 AM

Not management at all... just have a lot of experience flying in/out of Kabul/Bagram.

High altitude: you mean like Denver?
Sink rate: oh no... the box is yelling at me but if I plan accordingly I know itís going to happen.

Lasered in the eye: please... Iíve been lasered more times in the states than over there.

Itís really not a big deal! But guess some people handle pressure better than others.

Lugar
03-29-2018, 10:09 AM
Not management at all... just have a lot of experience flying in/out of Kabul/Bagram.

High altitude: you mean like Denver?
Sink rate: oh no... the box is yelling at me but if I plan accordingly I know itís going to happen.

Lasered in the eye: please... Iíve been lasered more times in the states than over there.

Itís really not a big deal! But guess some people handle pressure better than others.

Amen. If itís hard for you, maybe flying ainít the right job for you.

CandlerKid
03-29-2018, 11:20 AM
The difference is that some guy who isn't potentially getting shot at on approach to Kabul is making 2x the money to have a nice easy approach into Omaha. Know your worth. It's great you are cool flying into Kabul for a discount and think it's peaches and cream there. Bet the Instagram pics are worth it.

gollum
03-29-2018, 11:40 AM
The difference is that some guy who isn't potentially getting shot at on approach to Kabul is making 2x the money to have a nice easy approach into Omaha. Know your worth. It's great you are cool flying into Kabul for a discount and think it's peaches and cream there. Bet the Instagram pics are worth it.

Doubt an RJ Guy is making 2x what I am making. Oh , sorry, forgot your first year FOs arenít making $106/hr plus an extra 6 hours above guarantee to fly in there. Guess I know my worth.

I have spent enough time there that I do not need a picture to remember what itís like there. Itís not ďpeaches and creamĒ as you put it, but itís also not like landing to hot a LZ.

thesandbox
03-29-2018, 12:00 PM
$106/hr to fly a 747 and into there on top of it....wow...no wonder Atlas is the laughing stock right now. You got to be kidding....$106/hr??? Wow...just wow

goinaround
03-29-2018, 12:03 PM
$106/hr to fly a 747 and into there on top of it....wow...no wonder Atlas is the laughing stock right now. You got to be kidding....$106/hr??? Wow...just wow

I think he's referring to $106/hr for a year 1 FO over at K4. I don't think I'd be ashamed of that.....

thesandbox
03-29-2018, 12:09 PM
I think he's referring to $106/hr for a year 1 FO over at K4. I don't think I'd be ashamed of that.....

Aha....thought he was talking about year 2 or later at Atlas....thread drift I guess.

lionflyer
03-29-2018, 01:19 PM
Amen. If itís hard for you, maybe flying ainít the right job for you.

Maybe not mgmt but youíre both trolls. Been doing this over a decade. Itís definitely more challenging than RJ domestic flying but what do I know. And why am I feeding you? Give your buddy Connie a call

Geronimo4497
03-29-2018, 03:32 PM
Fake news. Sad.

filejw
03-29-2018, 03:49 PM
You folks need to come up with a better example of you being underpaid. Guys and gals are being paid lots less near Kabul to make combat assaults and medivac flight so you are coming across as stealing somebody elseís thunder so to speak when you use Kabul for any comparison.

No Land 3
03-29-2018, 04:02 PM
You folks need to come up with a better example of you being underpaid. Guys and gals are being paid lots less near Kabul to make combat assaults and medivac flight so you are coming across as stealing somebody elseís thunder so to speak when you use Kabul for any comparison.

At least none of us are selling oranges and ass in Dakar just to survive, where your life has zero worth. First world top 2% of population problems!

JackStraw
03-29-2018, 04:59 PM
At least none of us are selling oranges and ass in Dakar just to survive, where your life has zero worth. First world top 2% of population problems!

Difference being selling oranges and ass doesn’t help keep global commerce revolving. Slightly less people affected on a large scale when you’re pimping fruit by the side of the street. There’s billions of dollars involved moving freight. I’m embarrassed just explaining this to you.

03-29-2018, 08:56 PM
Howís the a$$ over there?

Pavedickey
03-30-2018, 12:37 AM
Howís the a$$ over there?

Hand wiped:D

skypine27
03-30-2018, 02:02 AM
Everyone in this thread is gay for not buying Bitcoin

ThatFlyWelshGuy
03-30-2018, 03:52 AM

Now thatís solid retirement planning advice right there

Froggy
03-30-2018, 05:18 AM

That legitimately made me laugh while Iím not paying attention in upgrade. Appreciate it!

Thyagosc
03-30-2018, 04:51 PM
Omni and Kalitta are hiring.

Why do you guys always try to scare away the new people going into Atlas? if its so bad why don't u leave instead of suffering over there? It's like you are scared the young and fresh come in and take your jobs away from you.

what's going on?

Dutch80
03-30-2018, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=Thyagosc;2562029]Why do you guys always try to scare away the new people going into Atlas? if its so bad why don't u leave instead of suffering over there? It's like you are scared the young and fresh come in and take your jobs away from you.

what's going on?[/QUOTE

No Land 3
03-30-2018, 06:15 PM
Difference being selling oranges and ass doesnít help keep global commerce revolving. Slightly less people affected on a large scale when youíre pimping fruit by the side of the street. Thereís billions of dollars involved moving freight. Iím embarrassed just explaining this to you.
What exactly did you explain to me?

No Land 3
03-30-2018, 06:16 PM
Why do you guys always try to scare away the new people going into Atlas? if its so bad why don't u leave instead of suffering over there? It's like you are scared the young and fresh come in and take your jobs away from you.

what's going on?
Empty classes equals more leverage.

Out Of Trim
03-30-2018, 07:27 PM

what's going on?

And, when the pilot group at a seniority-based airline STILL advise you to stay away then you know there really IS a dumpster fire behind all the smoke. Instead of your feeble attempt at ridicule you should be thanking them.

Globemaster2827
03-30-2018, 09:44 PM

what's going on?
An 18 year 747 Captain put in his 2 weeks notice on Sunday. Iíll finish my career in the top 15 at Atlas, Iím a 747 Captain, and Iíve got apps in at FedEx, UPS, American, Delta, United, Southwest, and Iím considerining Spirit. Make your own choice but consider this prior to starting your first 4 months at $1600 a month followed by your 50 hour guarantees.

Lugar
03-30-2018, 10:21 PM
An 18 year 747 Captain put in his 2 weeks notice on Sunday. Iíll finish my career in the top 15 at Atlas, Iím a 747 Captain, and Iíve got apps in at FedEx, UPS, American, Delta, United, Southwest, and Iím considerining Spirit. Make your own choice but consider this prior to starting your first 4 months at $1600 a month followed by your 50 hour guarantees.

Whatís your annual earnings?
Do you have a degree?

Froggy
03-31-2018, 05:18 AM
Do you have a degree?

Letís put it this way. There is a serious discussion is our upgrade class about if itís worth it to take the new Envoy offer of direct entry captain because youíd make a lot more money...

Globemaster2827
03-31-2018, 06:22 AM
Do you have a degree?

About $160k as a 7 year 747 Captain. Thatís a few days extra, but nothing crazy. Itís also flying hostile. 2nd year Pay at UPS, FedEx and Delta would be more for FAR less work. I need better work rules and a retirement more than the pay and the pay is absolutely horrible.

I do have the degree.

Globemaster2827
03-31-2018, 06:24 AM
Letís put it this way. There is a serious discussion is our upgrade class about if itís worth it to take the new Envoy offer of direct entry captain because youíd make a lot more money...

I can actually see 767 guys doing that because they never break guarantee.

CaptainHvac
03-31-2018, 08:20 AM
I can actually see 767 guys doing that because they never break guarantee.

The best way to break 62 hours on the 767 is to sit reserve and believe me, you will rot away in wonderful places like BWI, SCK, and ONT for a better part of 17 days to do it.

Look, if you are needing PIC time Envoy actually does make sense because you will log way more time and get to your final destination faster than sitting at Atlas for 300 hours a year and a bit of abuse. Heavy time isn't the resume booster it once was...unfortunately very evident in my current position.

dba74
03-31-2018, 09:27 AM

Check it : A20WE.pdf

boeingdvr
03-31-2018, 09:55 AM
The best way to break 62 hours on the 767 is to sit reserve and believe me, you will rot away in wonderful places like BWI, SCK, and ONT for a better part of 17 days to do it.

Look, if you are needing PIC time Envoy actually does make sense because you will log way more time and get to your final destination faster than sitting at Atlas for 300 hours a year and a bit of abuse. Heavy time isn't the resume booster it once was...unfortunately very evident in my current position.

I never break 62 hours. The guys sitting 17 days get 80 hours. You literally rot away. Day after day. Then on day 17 get extended for 3 more days. 21 days away. 45k per year

DC8DRIVER
03-31-2018, 03:14 PM
Type certificate is a -800. Model is a -8.

Probably shouldn't try to tell the guys that have the -8 type what the airplane is called. But you knew that, right?

Lugar
03-31-2018, 03:39 PM
Probably shouldn't try to tell the guys that have the -8 type what the airplane is called. But you knew that, right?

The B-747-4 type rating covers the B747-8(00) as well.

FR8Dog7
04-01-2018, 03:23 AM

Wrong! There is NO type rating for the -8. Falls under the 400 type. But you knew that right?? Read this and point out ONE place that the aircraft is refereed to as an 800. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_747-8

Lugar
04-01-2018, 05:54 AM
Wrong! There is NO type rating for the -8. Falls under the 400 type. But you knew that right?? Read this and point out ONE place that the aircraft is refereed to as an 800. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_747-8

Yes of course I knew that. I even said that in the message just above this one.

Wikipedia is not the official source of information. Check out the type certificate data sheet, which is an official FAA document.

BYOB
04-01-2018, 08:00 AM

According to Boeing in paperwork filed with the DOT and the FAA, it is a 747-8. Nowhere in Boeingís paperwork, filings, or in any other Boeing documentation is the 747-8 referred to as the -800.

Go take a tour of the Boeing facility and ask about it if youíre unsure. They will set you straight.

Or you can read this:

http://www.boeing.com/assets/pdf/commercial/airports/misc/A20WE.pdf

aviatorhi
04-01-2018, 08:00 AM

Wikipedia is not the official source of information. Check out the type certificate data sheet, which is an official FAA document.

You have absolutley no idea what you speak of.

BYOB
04-01-2018, 08:06 AM

Click the link to read the type certificate data sheet from the FAAís website.

Then please stop being an expert.

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/3BC0BF16B7533E1986258221006BDE8A?OpenDocument

BluePAX
04-01-2018, 08:07 AM
You have absolutley no idea what you speak of.

That's because he is a troll, compulsive liar, or both.

DC8DRIVER
04-01-2018, 09:05 AM
That's because he is a troll, compulsive liar, or both.

^^^ yup. truth. ^^^

and a waste of time

woog315
04-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Lugar, you've still got it buddy.

DC8DRIVER
04-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Lugar, you've still got it buddy.

Yup. Megatroll !!!

JackStraw
05-16-2018, 03:50 AM
......bump.....

tiredofjrm
05-16-2018, 08:53 PM
ABX is hiring for June and July classes. They are now offering Hotel and per diem. WTH???

Can I get reimbursed please?

jetlagging
05-23-2018, 12:40 PM
Thereís a reckoning coming for Atlas. Shame on Deitrich and crew for their treatment of the employees.

HVYMETALDRVR
05-25-2018, 04:18 AM
TBH the ACMI guys flying ACMI hvy iron in and out of KBL are probably some of the lowest paid pilots flying in there. Going rate for the contractors flying through King Airs' etc out of there is 1000-1400+ day.

Locke
05-25-2018, 08:00 AM
TBH the ACMI guys flying ACMI hvy iron in and out of KBL are probably some of the lowest paid pilots flying in there. Going rate for the contractors flying through King Airs' etc out of there is 1000-1400+ day.

You also arenít staying there for months on end. Life isnít that rosy as a contractor. Thereís a reason 99% of contractors go to heavy carriers, and not the other way around.

HercDriver130
05-25-2018, 10:55 AM

I dont know anyone who left k4 to fly over there... but we have about a dozen who did that type of flying over there.... NONE that I talked to made the kind of money you are quoting.... most said 700-800 per day....

gollum
05-25-2018, 06:16 PM

Sorry if it was that much I might not have left. Those might be ďsurgeĒ rates to cover low manning but itís not the norm. When I left last year as one of the more senior instructors at one of the higher paying companies, I was under 1000 per day.

As a matter of fact the average rates have dropped in the last couple years because companies are now hiring SICs with a wet multiengine commercial at 450-500 per day to fill seats. Part of the reason I left.

They used to not even look at you until you had 2000+ hours and either some king air or military tactical time.

pitchattitude
05-26-2018, 12:33 PM
Sorry if it was that much I might not have left. Those might be ďsurgeĒ rates to cover low manning but itís not the norm. When I left last year as one of the more senior instructors at one of the higher paying companies, I was under 1000 per day.

As a matter of fact the average rates have dropped in the last couple years because companies are now hiring SICs with a wet multiengine commercial at 450-500 per day to fill seats. Part of the reason I left.

They used to not even look at you until you had 2000+ hours and either some king air or military tactical time.
I know the daily rate is at least $850. That was four months ago. Buddy who is active duty recently said $1000 for line and $1400 for supervisors. The problem they are having is just like everyone else. People donít want to do it for the money. Itís not a long term gig and wonít really help you get anything bigger. They were hiring anyone with twin turbine and a relatively clean record. It has been biting them so now the contract requires a clearance PRIOR to starting. No interims. Donít know if that is secret or TS, but guys are being ďhiredĒ and then canít work for six to eight months because they donít have a clearance.

X58DeltaDriver
05-27-2018, 04:31 AM
The max that I can find for any company is $850 a day. I have a friend who interviewed on Friday and they told him his security clearance wait would be 18 months.

Hawkrider
05-29-2018, 10:45 AM
The max that I can find for any company is $850 a day. I have a friend who interviewed on Friday and they told him his security clearance wait would be 18 months.

Correct. 800-850 a day is what most make.

Hawkrider
05-29-2018, 10:48 AM
I should have also added that his Sec clearance should take less than 18. Probably significantly less. I had my full clearance within about 8 months. My interim only took about 4 and with most programs, that's all you need to deploy. This was for an application that was submitted in late 2016 so all subject to change but from what we've seen, it hasn't changed much.

Hopefully your buddy gets his sooner than they say!

X58DeltaDriver
06-02-2018, 11:40 AM
I should have also added that his Sec clearance should take less than 18. Probably significantly less. I had my full clearance within about 8 months. My interim only took about 4 and with most programs, that's all you need to deploy. This was for an application that was submitted in late 2016 so all subject to change but from what we've seen, it hasn't changed much.

Hopefully your buddy gets his sooner than they say!

The unexplainable part is, that he had a full clearance that just recently became inactive. He was told getting an interim is easier than getting his clearance revalidated. This is a guy that served 20 plus years in the military. Makes no sense.

HVYMETALDRVR
06-03-2018, 09:14 PM
Sorry if it was that much I might not have left. Those might be “surge” rates to cover low manning but it’s not the norm. When I left last year as one of the more senior instructors at one of the higher paying companies, I was under 1000 per day.

Negative. My former employer (if you include per diem) was paying 1,065/day on certain deployments on certain equipment, another location with longevity, guys are touching 1,270/day. They offered me to stay but I didn't want to sign anything and I had enough of that world. But, the above numbers are accurate, I saw the pay-stub. Again without saying too much, I didn't want to sign anything, so I wasn't quite in that range. PM me and I'll answer more questions.

Another close friend of mine went to a huge player in the ISR world, he told me he's clearing 1,200/day and expects to making 1,400 soon. Granted he's not an FNG at all, a lot of KA 300, ISR, deployments, military, and site lead experience. So if he's exaggerating, then shame on me, I didn't ask to see that paystub.

I can guess who you used to work for, and yeah there are always the middle-management bean-counters that try to cut costs. But in this market that has proven not as smart as you'd think. Partially because getting a clearance is a lot harder than it used to be and high attrition, it's expensive to send a civilian-only guy down range only to have him freak out when things get interesting, and getting the aircraft damaged due to pilot error. The real catalyst though of course is United, Delta, FDX, etc. A few years ago when things were slower, ISR represented a holding pattern for fighter and bomber guys that just got out of the AF and Navy, and wanted to hang out and make some scratch while waiting for the Legacy to call. Now most of those guys have interviews with Delta before they hit their military retirement date, so the majority of ISR/contracting guys are either Army King Air or Civilian.

Also, in this industry, unlike the airlines, the profit margins are basically negotiated into the contracts, but I'll admit (and you probably already know this) the lucrative contracts of course can go away just as quickly too. Never imagined you could make that much flying a King Air when I started out though.

Safe Travels and sorry for the thread drift.

HVYMETALDRVR
06-03-2018, 09:24 PM
Correct. 800-850 a day is what most make.

It really has gone up, remember that attrition is high on this side and getting a clearance is a lot harder than it used to be.

HVYMETALDRVR
06-04-2018, 11:26 AM
I dont know anyone who left k4 to fly over there... but we have about a dozen who did that type of flying over there.... NONE that I talked to made the kind of money you are quoting.... most said 700-800 per day....

When were they there? This has been a newer development in the last 1-1.5 years. But you are correct before that it was the 7-8/day range.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1