Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Flexjet careers

FlexjetCareers
03-27-2018, 01:57 PM
We've noticed a lot of questions regarding the hiring process on these forums and thought we would provide a channel for you to ask your questions. We know it can be difficult to get info on the company and hope to make it easier with a new pilot recruitment website, posting here, social media, etc. With that said, our team of recruiters and pilots will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Our job listings can be seen at www.flexjet.com/careers/pilots (http://www.flexjet.com/careers/pilots)

We can also be reached directly at [email protected]

We'll share everything we can. Fractional flying is different than most anything out there and is not for everyone. We're here to give you the info you need to make a good decision.

Some of the best info will be shared with you in person so please do not hesitate to stop our crews out on the road and ask questions.

fooled2x
03-30-2018, 10:51 AM
We've noticed a lot of questions regarding the hiring process on these forums and thought we would provide a channel for you to ask your questions. We know it can be difficult to get info on the company and hope to make it easier with a new pilot recruitment website, posting here, social media, etc. With that said, our team of recruiters and pilots will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Our job listings can be seen at www.flexjet.com/careers/pilots (http://www.flexjet.com/careers/pilots)

We'll share everything we can. Fractional flying is different than most anything out there and is not for everyone. We're here to give you the info you need to make a good decision.

Some of the best info will be shared with you in person so please do not hesitate to stop our crews out on the road and ask questions.

Yep, just ask anybody wearing the horseheads and you can find out how things really are.

FlexjetCareers
03-30-2018, 11:06 AM
Like we said, take in info from everyone you can. We're here to help, thank you for the advice.

GeeWizDriver
03-30-2018, 02:31 PM
Wow, Kenn has his lackeys recruiting HERE for pilots dumb enough to join his slave ship.

Run, quickly, in the other direction. There are better jobs out there. Even NutJets is a better choice than the dumpster fire at Flex.

In my opinion, anyway.

fooled2x
03-30-2018, 03:26 PM
Wow, Kenn has his lackeys recruiting HERE for pilots dumb enough to join his slave ship.

Run, quickly, in the other direction. There are better jobs out there. Even NutJets is a better choice than the dumpster fire at Flex.

In my opinion, anyway.

Netjets is raising their pay and starting to hire the FO's ( and maybe Captains) away from Flex/Options. It's going to get interesting.

GeeWizDriver
03-30-2018, 04:54 PM
If you are a pilot looking for a new job, the fact that nobody is leaving Netjets to go to Flex but some Flex pilots are leaving to come to Netjets should tell you what you need to know.

PS: In either case, if youíre under the age of 50 and employable, go freight, regional, or major if you can.

Macjet
03-30-2018, 05:11 PM
If you are a pilot looking for a new job, the fact that nobody is leaving Netjets to go to Flex but some Flex pilots are leaving to come to Netjets should tell you what you need to know.

PS: In either case, if youíre under the age of 50 and employable, go freight, regional, or major if you can.

And people are leaving NJA to go anywhere else while no one is leaving a major to come to NJA is the other thing you need to know.

GeeWizDriver
03-30-2018, 06:24 PM
True statement.

Jetlife
03-30-2018, 10:23 PM
Netjets is raising their pay and starting to hire the FO's ( and maybe Captains) away from Flex/Options. It's going to get interesting.

NetJets isnít doing anything with pay.

GeeWizDriver
03-31-2018, 12:02 AM
NetJets isnít doing anything with pay.

Yet...

A guy can dream, canít he?

BluePAX
03-31-2018, 04:37 AM

Years ago I took one look at the fractional life and it seemed a dead end. Too bad they haven't stayed ahead of the 121 world to attract young talent.

Jetlife
03-31-2018, 05:55 AM
Yet...

A guy can dream, canít he?

They will be reactionary like with everything else. I have a strong feeling that 2020 will come and the company will ask for concessions.

Fredturbo
03-31-2018, 06:25 AM

Can you tell us why they are hiring?

GeeWizDriver
03-31-2018, 11:27 AM
They will be reactionary like with everything else. I have a strong feeling that 2020 will come and the company will ask for concessions.

I wish them luck with that. If it happens, it will be a whipsaw against no job at all because theyíre downsizing in order to shut the doors.

Propilot77
03-31-2018, 05:45 PM

It's not for growth, that I can tell you for sure! The attrition is through the roof! Their answer will be growth, if they answer at all.

David Puddy
03-31-2018, 08:13 PM

Because the airlines (including some of the regionals) offer a much more compelling and lucrative career path these days...

Fredturbo
04-01-2018, 07:00 AM
It's not for growth, that I can tell you for sure! The attrition is through the roof! Their answer will be growth, if they answer at all.

Odds we get a straight answer?

BlackPaw
04-01-2018, 09:35 AM
I fly here and would like to try and balance the information for people considering FJ.

First of all, just like everywhere else Iíve researched on APC most of the negativity comes from just a couple people that may or may not have multiple usernames and post over and over.

Pick any company on this site, even Legacyís, thereís always a few sad people that just keep complaining and complaining.

I came here despite all of the negative reviews with the above in mind and the majority of it is complete BS.

Iím at the bottom of the seniority list and get 14-16 days off per month, and rather than spending that time on here bad mouthing the company I spend that time enjoying life like the majority of the other FJ pilots.

In my opinion this is an excellent place to fly with good equipment, good pay and a great quality of life.

Fredturbo
04-01-2018, 10:51 AM
I fly here and would like to try and balance the information for people considering FJ.

First of all, just like everywhere else Iíve researched on APC most of the negativity comes from just a couple people that may or may not have multiple usernames and post over and over.

Pick any company on this site, even Legacyís, thereís always a few sad people that just keep complaining and complaining.

I came here despite all of the negative reviews with the above in mind and the majority of it is complete BS.

Iím at the bottom of the seniority list and get 14-16 days off per month, and rather than spending that time on here bad mouthing the company I spend that time enjoying life like the majority of the other FJ pilots.

In my opinion this is an excellent place to fly with good equipment, good pay and a great quality of life.

Curious as to your flying experience and when you were hired.

BlackPaw
04-01-2018, 11:04 AM

Iíve seen the cargo and regional life and I can assure you, in my opinion, this is significantly better.

Youíre welcome to PM me as well.

Macjet
04-01-2018, 11:59 AM

Same here.

BlackPaw
04-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Charter and Regional, within the last two years on how long Iíve been here.

GeeWizDriver
04-01-2018, 03:38 PM
What does Ricci kool-aid taste like?

NJ ainít perfect by a long shot. But Kenn is enshrined forever in the pantheon of truly heinous bosses.

Youíll learn soon enough young padawan.

fooled2x
04-02-2018, 07:23 AM

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I will remind you of a few inconvenient facts.
There still are Phenom 300 First Officers that were hired in 2001 that have not Had the chance to upgrade to Captain. For them to move to the right seat of a larger plane, prior to the fences coming down, they would have had to give up their collective bargaining rights and returned to an at-will employee.
I also want more time off too. I have over 300 hours in my PTO bank and they won't give me more than one vacation per year. Sad.

Jetlife
04-02-2018, 07:48 AM

So you operate in complete darkness to the reality around you... Fascinating!

Fredturbo
04-02-2018, 09:57 AM
So you operate in complete darkness to the reality around you... Fascinating!

Looks like hired in Jan 2018 and started flying 3 years ago. . :eek: yeah, thatís a good source of ďreality.Ē 23 years old?

Blutarsky
04-02-2018, 11:29 AM
The thing is, management got the list of pilots who sent in cards from frank. So there's a naughty and nice list. He may be doing this under duress...

WiskeyTango
04-02-2018, 11:36 AM
Charter and Regional, within the last two years on how long I’ve been here.

BlackPaw you were hired in January. Three months ago. I’m glad you like it here so far but you would barely be out of training (if at all? I hear the wait for IOE is lengthly). You would not yet have a good idea of the schedules you can hold.

FlexjetCareers
04-09-2018, 08:08 AM

In my opinion, anyway.

We have had great success with pilots who came from this forum. I guess we feel that all pilots are not "dumb" as you suggest. Thank you for the insight though.

FlexjetCareers
04-09-2018, 08:11 AM
Charter and Regional, within the last two years on how long Iíve been here.

Thank you for sharing BlackPaw. This forum was meant to be an exchange of information to help those that are considering a career with Flexjet and we appreciate your honestly.

FlexjetCareers
04-09-2018, 08:24 AM

Growth is a big component of hiring right now. We have the normal attrition that any company has, retirements, etc. and would never suggest we don't. We anticipate approximately a net add of 20 airframes this year, which translates to a lot of hiring.

BTW, we will be at Organization of Black Airline Pilots (OBAP) 2018 OBAP SPRING CAREER FAIR - 2018 OBAP SPRING CAREER FAIR | Online Registration by Cvent (http://www.cvent.com/events/2018-obap-spring-career-fair/event-summary-986e0a4821d946f2a8d5ae851427fe55.aspx) and Future Active & Pilot Advisors (FAPA) FAPA.aero | Pilot Job Fairs (http://fapa.aero/pilot_job_fair.asp?conf=LAS18) in Las Vegas in May. If you have the opportunity, stop by. We will have recruiters and pilots available to answer your questions.

I hope this helps.

FlexjetCareers
04-09-2018, 08:32 AM
Looks like hired in Jan 2018 and started flying 3 years ago. . :eek: yeah, thatís a good source of ďreality.Ē 23 years old?

Guess I don't see the merit in attacking someone's perspective and somehow making an attempt to bully them and their responses. That doesn't sound very inclusive.

fooled2x
04-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Guess I don't see the merit in attacking someone's perspective and somehow making an attempt to bully them and their responses. That doesn't sound very inclusive.

Inclusive? You created a segregated program where many of the pilots canít have a civilized conversation with the average pilot, let alone here at Flex. Itís nothing more than the Senior Flight Officer program with a different name. And BTW, you really look coll with 5 crooked stripes on you jacket.

bklynbacon
04-13-2018, 11:35 AM
I attended the online career fair from aero crew solutions. The FlexJet recruiters said the mins are at 1500 (still prefer 2500). Is attrition that bad? or guys just getting picked up by mainline carriers that much...or a little of both perhaps...

PW535A
04-13-2018, 01:16 PM
With an active drive to decertify the union, I'd seriously reconsider applying at FlexJet. If the union goes away, so does the contract. Not to mention the toxicity of the current work environment. In this hiring cycle, do yourself a favor and avoid this place.

FNGFO
04-13-2018, 05:37 PM
I attended the online career fair from aero crew solutions. The FlexJet recruiters said the mins are at 1500 (still prefer 2500). Is attrition that bad? or guys just getting picked up by mainline carriers that much...or a little of both perhaps...

21% attrition and counting. Everyone bailing out is a 12-20 year pilot at Flex. Theyíre not jumping ship and restarting their careers because things are so rosey at Flight Options posing as Flexjet.

Blutarsky
04-14-2018, 06:25 PM
As of last Wednesday there were 85 PRIA requests in CGF. People can't get out of here fast enough.

David Puddy
04-15-2018, 09:27 AM
Which airlines are picking them up? SWA and Spirit? Plenty of other flying opportunities out there...

FNGFO
04-15-2018, 11:45 AM
Which airlines are picking them up? SWA and Spirit? Plenty of other flying opportunities out there...

It makes more sense if you understand that the vast majority of the original Flexjet cadre resides near Dallas and isnít in a great hurry to commute for life or relocate to one of the four corners of the country.

David Puddy
04-15-2018, 05:30 PM
It makes more sense if you understand that the vast majority of the original Flexjet cadre resides near Dallas and isn’t in a great hurry to commute for life or relocate to one of the four corners of the country.

Locally, American, American Eagle and Spirit are hiring - and I believe all offer a DFW base. SWA obviously has a DAL base but it is pretty senior. Seems like Spirit is hiring a lot of Netjets pilots as it continues to grow (3-4 year upgrades) - perhaps your Flexjet buddies should check it out!

Jetlife
04-15-2018, 05:48 PM
It makes more sense if you understand that the vast majority of the original Flexjet cadre resides near Dallas and isnít in a great hurry to commute for life or relocate to one of the four corners of the country.

If only there was an airline that had a Dallas airport base. Better yet, if only there was an airline headquartered in Dallas. NO SUCH LUCK I GUESS

FNGFO
04-15-2018, 06:29 PM
Locally, American, American Eagle and Spirit are hiring - and I believe all offer a DFW base. SWA obviously has a DAL base but it is pretty senior. Seems like Spirit is hiring a lot of Netjets pilots as it continues to grow (3-4 year upgrades) - perhaps your Flexjet buddies should check it out!

American has so much flow through that itís hard to get a call, and why go Eagle if SWA or Spirit will hire? Btw, neither DFW or DAL are senior bases for those respective airlines.

Quite a few FJers have applied to Spirit, and I can think of 6 whoíve gone there. Getting a call from Spirit is now more difficult after their contract passed.

Others have gone to AK or one of the cargo Airlines.

FNGFO
04-15-2018, 06:31 PM
If only there was an airline that had a Dallas airport base. Better yet, if only there was an airline headquartered in Dallas. NO SUCH LUCK I GUESS

People have applied to those places. Maybe you havenít noticed, but you donít just drop your app at most majors and get an immediate interview invite.

havick206
06-08-2018, 04:26 AM

Have you looked at the numbers as to the percentage of AA hires off the street that are not Flow through from wholly owned regionals or military?

FFJP
06-21-2018, 12:34 PM
American has so much flow through that itís hard to get a call, and why go Eagle if SWA or Spirit will hire? Btw, neither DFW or DAL are senior bases for those respective airlines.

Quite a few FJers have applied to Spirit, and I can think of 6 whoíve gone there. Getting a call from Spirit is now more difficult after their contract passed.

Others have gone to AK or one of the cargo Airlines.

Have you looked at the numbers as to the percentage of AA hires off the street that are not Flow through from wholly owned regionals or military?

I disagree. If you are lucky enough to get direct hired into Envoy as a Captain (who knows how much longer the program will last) Envoy would be significantly superior to Spirit and perhaps even SWA.

The upgrades are dried up at those carriers for the next 10-15 years despite all your pie in the sky promises or outlooks. If you're not already there you are never going to upgrade if you're 45 plus.

If I were looking at the next 10-15, maybe 20, years of my career as an FO then it would have to be AA. Since Envoy is the easiest route, I wouldn't discount it.

Might take a little longer but it's the smarter move.

LloydBraun
06-21-2018, 01:10 PM
Envoy significantly better than Spirit or SWA. Your off your rocker dude. And by the way upgrades at Spirit arenít running 10-15 yrs.

Blutarsky
06-21-2018, 04:05 PM
Envoy significantly better than Spirit or SWA. Your off your rocker dude. And by the way upgrades at Spirit arenít running 10-15 yrs.

I believe what the OP meant was spending four years at envoy and flowing to AA is superior to spending the rest of your career as an FO at Spirit or Southwest. I haven't run the numbers for that scenario so I can't say whether he is right or wrong, but you will not spend your career at envoy. Those direct entry captain positions come with a guarantee of flow. Last I heard from my friend who went there was four years and you do not start on first year pay when you flow. So it bears investigating for those who are mid forties in age.

FFJP
06-21-2018, 06:58 PM
I believe what the OP meant was spending four years at envoy and flowing to AA is superior to spending the rest of your career as an FO at Spirit or Southwest. I haven't run the numbers for that scenario so I can't say whether he is right or wrong, but you will not spend your career at envoy. Those direct entry captain positions come with a guarantee of flow. Last I heard from my friend who went there was four years and you do not start on first year pay when you flow. So it bears investigating for those who are mid forties in age.

Yes exactly. Thanks for understanding and clarifying it for me.

Upgrades at Spirit and SWA are currently low but if you got hired on today, I'd be expecting that number to come to a screeching halt soon. Too many young guns have been hired ahead of you.

However AA still has a geezer heavy list. So does Delta.

Pay does average out to make it a good choice however QOL as an AA FO is significantly better. As a 10-15 year FO you can expect one and dones to South America for a couple hundred grand a year. Sign me up please.

Don't believe the hype LloydBraun. Do your research and chart out your career and expectations depending on your personal details. Read each contract and gouge the QOL posts. Right now for over 45, Envoy is a better bet than SWA or Spirit if there are still direct entry Captain positions. I heard the program will be open through the rest of 2018 but not if they can fill them all sooner.

FNGFO
06-21-2018, 08:32 PM
SWA is projecting that their upgrade time will decrease to 7 years, and Spirit isnít sitting pat at 177 planes. Another order will happen and upgrades will continue. Still at 3-4 years? TBD, but the point of my post was that itís not easy to get a call from AA

Also, one solid hiccup in the economy and and that guaranteed Envoy flow through could end up being a lengthy RJ stay.

Weíll see what the future holds. If you landed a direct CA spot and manage the flow through then good for you. I suspect they arenít just handing those out willy nilly and that many Flex pilots will still be happy to secure a spot at NKS or SWA if and when AA doesnít call.

FFJP
06-22-2018, 11:49 AM
SWA is projecting that their upgrade time will decrease to 7 years, and Spirit isnít sitting pat at 177 planes. Another order will happen and upgrades will continue. Still at 3-4 years? TBD, but the point of my post was that itís not easy to get a call from AA

Also, one solid hiccup in the economy and and that guaranteed Envoy flow through could end up being a lengthy RJ stay.

Weíll see what the future holds. If you landed a direct CA spot and manage the flow through then good for you. I suspect they arenít just handing those out willy nilly and that many Flex pilots will still be happy to secure a spot at NKS or SWA if and when AA doesnít call.

Nope not for me either way. Simply commenting because I'm hearing the same cockpit consternation you are. Many are deriding the choice of some to go the Envoy route, encouraging holding out for SWA when it's not neccessarily the best choice, especially if the call will never come. I'm simply saying (and advising the few Ive spoken with) to jump on the Envoy ship if that's the next one leaving port.

FWIW, Spirit is now being more selective than SWA. Forget about it unless you have a spotless TR, employment and social history (dui/dwi etc.) Alaska is done for now, SWA is open but still a tough sell for most to get on and AA is all legacy hires or flow through. UA and DL are heavily focusing on military and legacy hires too.

There's this overgrown fallacy in our world the shortage (the one our Chairman doesn't believe in) has made job hunting easy. It's not and in some ways it's harder than ever because you have all kinds of frac and charter guys with a dream entering the 121 market who would have never considered it before.

One thing is for sure, Flexjet will be losing a lot of pilots in the next year regardless of whatever management does to right the ship. Some holes just can't be plugged once they start gushing. For most, Flexjet has become a ****ty job they can't pay you enough to put up with.

FNGFO
06-22-2018, 01:14 PM
Nope not for me either way. Simply commenting because I'm hearing the same cockpit consternation you are. Many are deriding the choice of some to go the Envoy route, encouraging holding out for SWA when it's not neccessarily the best choice, especially if the call will never come. I'm simply saying (and advising the few Ive spoken with) to jump on the Envoy ship if that's the next one leaving port.

FWIW, Spirit is now being more selective than SWA. Forget about it unless you have a spotless TR, employment and social history (dui/dwi etc.) Alaska is done for now, SWA is open but still a tough sell for most to get on and AA is all legacy hires or flow through. UA and DL are heavily focusing on military and legacy hires too.

There's this overgrown fallacy in our world the shortage (the one our Chairman doesn't believe in) has made job hunting easy. It's not and in some ways it's harder than ever because you have all kinds of frac and charter guys with a dream entering the 121 market who would have never considered it before.

One thing is for sure, Flexjet will be losing a lot of pilots in the next year regardless of whatever management does to right the ship. Some holes just can't be plugged once they start gushing. For most, Flexjet has become a ****ty job they can't pay you enough to put up with.

Totally agree. Find the first reasonable life boat and take it would be my advice. And then try for a better fit once youíre out.

If your life boat turns out to be a luxury cruise then all the better, but leaving before things get really hinky is what Iíd do. Itís what I did.

dera
06-23-2018, 10:37 AM

Wtf?

The flow is closer to 10 years as of now. And you do start at year 1 pay at AA when you flow.

Not sure if your friend is serious.

Those DEC at Envoy are at the bottom of the seniority list. So they'll be sitting LGA reserve for a looong time.

LloydBraun
06-24-2018, 04:27 AM
QUOTE/: Don't believe the hype LloydBraun. Do your research and chart out your career and expectations depending on your personal details. Read each contract and gouge the QOL posts. Right now for over 45, Envoy is a better bet than SWA or Spirit if there are still direct entry Captain positions. I heard the program will be open through the rest of 2018 but not if they can fill them all sooner.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did. I left Flex over a year ago for Spirit. For me over 50 I definitely feel like it was the right move. I have no desire to go to the bottom of a 14,000 pilot seniority list. I live well within my means and didn't make myself house poor and carry no debt besides that payment and a car payment. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Spirit was one of the few who did not furlough during the last downturn. The hype I do buy into is I think Spirit will be in a better position for me when oil goes back up or the economy tanks again then being junior at a Legacy. I also live within driving distance of my base. My biggest concern is we get bought by a Legacy and still end up at the bottom of a 14,000 pilot list. But life is a gamble. For all of the guys who think the Legacys are the only jobs to have go for it. For me I'm just fine at the Redheaded stepchild Spirit.

Macjet
06-24-2018, 01:02 PM
QUOTE/: Don't believe the hype LloydBraun. Do your research and chart out your career and expectations depending on your personal details. Read each contract and gouge the QOL posts. Right now for over 45, Envoy is a better bet than SWA or Spirit if there are still direct entry Captain positions. I heard the program will be open through the rest of 2018 but not if they can fill them all sooner.

That's exactly what I did. I left Flex over a year ago for Spirit. For me over 50 I definitely feel like it was the right move. I have no desire to go to the bottom of a 14,000 pilot seniority list. I live well within my means and didn't make myself house poor and carry no debt besides that payment and a car payment. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Spirit was one of the few who did not furlough during the last downturn. The hype I do buy into is I think Spirit will be in a better position for me when oil goes back up or the economy tanks again then being junior at a Legacy. I also live within driving distance of my base. My biggest concern is we get bought by a Legacy and still end up at the bottom of a 14,000 pilot list. But life is a gamble. For all of the guys who think the Legacys are the only jobs to have go for it. For me I'm just fine at the Redheaded stepchild Spirit.[/QUOTE]

We did furlough. Around 50 guys I THINK. Someone will need to correct me.

Packrat
06-24-2018, 01:35 PM
Don't forget there are 57 Airbii coming on the market as the VX leases expire. Alaska has no intention of keeping those airplanes. If Spirit or anyone else wants the Bus, those will be available.

Jetlife
06-24-2018, 01:40 PM
Don't forget there are 57 Airbii coming on the market as the VX leases expire. Alaska has no intention of keeping those airplanes. If Spirit or anyone else wants the Bus, those will be available.

Not sure where you got that info but the 319 leases have been extended, and there are 10 more years on the 321s.

Gators
06-24-2018, 01:59 PM
Didnít Alaska announce that they are not keeping the buses? Thought I read that somewhere

Jetlife
06-24-2018, 02:00 PM
Didnít Alaska announce that they are not keeping the buses? Thought I read that somewhere

No. They didnít.

nkweb
06-25-2018, 07:24 AM
How much vacation time to new pilots start with? Also, how is the quality of hotels?

WiskeyTango
06-25-2018, 01:14 PM
Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days are all grouped into one "PTO" bank. You start with zero and earn 15 days during your first year (so 1.25 days per month). 17 days after your 2nd year, 22 days after your third year, 27 days after your 10th year.

You need at least 5 days in your PTO bank to bid on a vacation slot, and bidding is done every 6 months. personal days can theoretically be taken at any time after a schedule has come out but are based on staffing requirements and not guaranteed.

Since there is no contract anymore, the requirements and process for bidding on and being awarded vacations may be changing. I suspect the earning of PTO will remain the same.

Hotels are ok. Lots of Hilton brands (hilton garden inn) and holiday inn brands. Some are holiday inn express.

Blutarsky
06-26-2018, 04:37 AM
Did anyone go to that dinner thing at the schoolhouse? I'm flying, so fill us in. Was there anything important, or just fluff?

Btoflyer
07-01-2018, 10:05 AM
Hey y'all, I'm interviewing with FJ in July and hoping to get some real world info. I've flown Pt 135 and 121 but very interested in the fractional side. Wondering how many legs per day, typical length of duty day, whether a new guy can get four day trips (apparently the min for the PBS bidding) and other QOL questions. Also wondering if swapping seats for legs is still a thing at FJ.
Thanks for any help.

GeeWizDriver
07-02-2018, 06:18 AM
Hey y'all, I'm interviewing with FJ in July and hoping to get some real world info. I've flown Pt 135 and 121 but very interested in the fractional side. Wondering how many legs per day, typical length of duty day, whether a new guy can get four day trips (apparently the min for the PBS bidding) and other QOL questions. Also wondering if swapping seats for legs is still a thing at FJ.
Thanks for any help.

Um....err....either you havenít been paying attention, or you are OUT OF YOUR MIND.

Flex is now the biggest dumpster fire in all of aviation. Is that ďreal worldĒ enough for you?

Youíve been warned.

Jeff Lebowski
07-02-2018, 10:34 AM
Thanks for any help.

Flexjet isn't a fractional anymore. The term "fractional" implies certain things, not the least of which is one pilot group working off one seniority list and one set of work rules, regardless of the various types of equipment employed. By that definition, Netjets is still a fractional. XO Jet is also a fractional. Flexjet used to be a fractional but is now run more like a large managed charter outfit where the pilot group is chopped up into bite-sized morsels which can be digested and spit out somewhat more easily.

The term "fractional" also implies that the majority of the people flying on your jets are owners in the true sense. And while I've been gone from the place for a couple of years now and cannot speak to the current business climate, I can say that when I left the percentage of true "owners" seemed to be in a state of irreversible decline, to be replaced with so-called "card clients," which is just a fancy way of saying "charter."

So if your dream has always been to fly for a fractional and all that implies, I would advise you to look elsewhere.

WiskeyTango
07-02-2018, 12:17 PM
Thanks for any help.

Work days can really vary. In comes in waves. An easy day is two legs, average is probably 3, 4 is not uncommon. Average duty day is probably 10-12 hours. Min rest (10 hours) is not uncommon either. Bottom line is you will be busy on the road. first and last day can be especially long with trips and airline to/form your base. 4 day trips will probably be few and far between. Not only because you are junior but the company restricts the Number of 4 day trips allowed, although they donít release any guidelines on these restrictions so it is hard to plan for it.

Buckaday
07-02-2018, 03:55 PM
BTO, unless you have no their options due to a DUI, felony or some other huge red mark, go elsewhere. Elsewhere, as in anywhere but flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RI830
07-02-2018, 07:34 PM
?

You sir are nominated for TOTD. Keeping it classy.

LloydBraun
07-03-2018, 06:12 AM
You sir are nominated for TOTD. Keeping it classy.

Problem is he's absolutely correct. It's a dump.

AirBear
07-03-2018, 10:11 AM
Thanks for any help.

Things are going to get very ugly at FJ. I would only work there as a last resort. They're so desperate for pilots they've sent out recruiting postcards to random pilots and more recently some NetJets pilots have been getting unsolicited emails from them.

With many uncrewed jets sitting around everyday, and with no union contract to protect you the work environment will soon turn very ugly. 4 day trips? In your dreams. You'll be assigned to work days off to cover trips. Might be better as a "Red Label" Pilot but you really need to be a "Team Player" (overlook Mx issues, never fatigue, etc) to get on as "Red Label".

A company that's critically short of pilots combined with no contract meaning work conditions can change at the whim of management is NOT a good combination.

Btoflyer
07-04-2018, 09:20 PM
Things are going to get very ugly at FJ. I would only work there as a last resort. They're so desperate for pilots they've sent out recruiting postcards to random pilots and more recently some NetJets pilots have been getting unsolicited emails from them.

With many uncrewed jets sitting around everyday, and with no union contract to protect you the work environment will soon turn very ugly. 4 day trips? In your dreams. You'll be assigned to work days off to cover trips. Might be better as a "Red Label" Pilot but you really need to be a "Team Player" (overlook Mx issues, never fatigue, etc) to get on as "Red Label".

A company that's critically short of pilots combined with no contract meaning work conditions can change at the whim of management is NOT a good combination.

Thanks very much for the well-reasoned responses to my request for help. I'm going to stay at my regional. And for the trolls who like to take a dig at a fellow pilot,

Exstream
07-05-2018, 06:00 AM
I wouldn't bet your career on answers from these caged wounded dogs. They lost their Union and they will attack the owner that feeds them. I suggest you throw them a bone, stay away from fake news and move on. There are much better sources of employment elsewhere.

Blutarsky
07-05-2018, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't bet your career on answers from these caged wounded dogs. They lost their Union and they will attack the owner that feeds them. I suggest you throw them a bone, stay away from fake news and move on. There are much better sources of employment elsewhere.

This is one of the most disjointed posts I've seen on APC. I'm pretty sure the poster doesn't work at Flexjet. There is no one owner that feeds anyone here. We have multiple owners and cardholders. They are the ones who feed us. The fact that Flexjet is currently far worse than it was under Bombardier is not fake news. However, I'm glad you agree there are much better sources of employment elsewhere.

Minimums
07-07-2018, 04:24 AM
Just out of curiosity, what is the pay on the 650s?

WiskeyTango
07-07-2018, 08:10 AM
Just out of curiosity, what is the pay on the 650s?

Base salary is $160,000. Plus bonuses.

FNGFO
07-07-2018, 08:53 AM
This is one of the most disjointed posts I've seen on APC. I'm pretty sure the poster doesn't work at Flexjet. There is no one owner that feeds anyone here. We have multiple owners and cardholders. They are the ones who feed us. The fact that Flexjet is currently far worse than it was under Bombardier is not fake news. However, I'm glad you agree there are much better sources of employment elsewhere.

One doesnít need to ask the opinion of message board posters to get a real picture of whatís going on at Flexjet. They only need to know the attrition numbers.

Minimums
07-07-2018, 08:56 AM
Base salary is $160,000. Plus bonuses.

What does the total compensation work out to? Is everyone PIC and pay is the same for everyone?

I'm not familiar with Flexjet and the operation, but for home base not "on call" schedule that pay seems decent.

WiskeyTango
07-07-2018, 10:52 AM
What does the total compensation work out to? Is everyone PIC and pay is the same for everyone?

I'm not familiar with Flexjet and the operation, but for home base not "on call" schedule that pay seems decent.

Well the G650 is a different program. It's called "international Red Label." Different pay structure and schedules. 5 captains (no first officers), one is "commander" and gets paid more. The 5 pilots figure out a schedule amongst themselves, but if one calls in sick another has to come to work. So you don't have hard days off, ever.

I'm not really sure what kind of bonus those pilots are making. It's probably a decent amount, as in 10's of thousands over the course of the year.

The challenger 350 pays more, and you get home basing and hard days off. There are pilots who have bid out of the G's and into the challengers.

Minimums
07-07-2018, 11:51 AM
That's pretty interesting. Thank you for the information. How does the 350 pay work? I looked briefly at the pay scale on here and it looks like everything is a day rate? Nonetheless, sounds like good pay on the Challenger as well.

WiskeyTango
07-07-2018, 02:15 PM
That's pretty interesting. Thank you for the information. How does the 350 pay work? I looked briefly at the pay scale on here and it looks like everything is a day rate? Nonetheless, sounds like good pay on the Challenger as well.

Yes daily rate on the challengers (which is good. If you get stuck out on the road for whatever reason you get paid for it). Plus a bonus. The 350 does pay well, however it’ll take 15+ years to get there. Meanwhile the first officer and Lear/phenom/CL300 captain pay is below industry average. It’s an odd pay philosophy that the company adheres to. Pay 20% of your employees above average, and 80% below average. It’s suppose to make people want to stay. Doesn’t have that effect however.

David Puddy
07-08-2018, 03:18 PM
Plenty of airlines hiring fractional pilots. SWA, Spirit and JB appear to be actively hiring Netjets pilots.

Macjet
07-08-2018, 09:24 PM
Thanks very much for the well-reasoned responses to my request for help. I'm going to stay at my regional. And for the trolls who like to take a dig at a fellow pilot, .....

No brother, [please have your way with my sister]. You come to the fractional forum where you're already content at making less than half the pay of a major for twice the work. On top of that you apply to FlexJet whose anti-union rooster suckers just recently decertified their union stabbing every union brother and sister in the back. You want to be a part of the most anti-union, pro-management, back stabbing pansies in the industry undermining decades of union activism in work rules, duty times, pay, benefits, and safety and then get offended by the answers? Ignorance isn't a plea here as there are numerous posts about the FlexJet saboteurs and their self serving underhanded ways. Stupidity, greed, felon, or a desire to join the ranks of the management rooster sucking ranks is the only explanation.

fooled2x
07-12-2018, 04:32 AM
Now that the Union is gone, we were supposed to have our kumbaya moment. Far from it. The arrogance of Captain Rooster is just unbelievable. They won't even say hi to the Union supporters. How is Kenn going to fix this mess? BTW, even if you are senior, the junior Flex pilot is being designated the Captain because he has been at Flex longer.

ViperGuy69
07-12-2018, 08:57 AM
Does Flexjet have a training contract? I read somewhere there might be a 2-yr training contract and a 1-yr uniform contract? Not sure if that was old data or rumor.

And yes, Iíve read all 300 pages of the doom and gloom. Just looking for info, thanks.

Vital Signs
07-12-2018, 10:11 AM
How is Kenn going to fix this mess

Why would you think he wants too?

Twosecondsafter
07-14-2018, 07:19 AM
Thanks very much for the well-reasoned responses to my request for help. I'm going to stay at my regional. And for the trolls who like to take a dig at a fellow pilot,......

Don't worry about the classy trolls taking stabs at you. They are just upset they ruined their careers betting on a sub par union that didn't do anything for pilots except take their money and send out fear mongering emails.

It's actually only a few guys with multiple user names and really creepy mustaches. ;)

What really happened one second after??? Well, everyone got a thousand bucks and a lot got raises. Yep, that's right cupcakes, we still have our retirements, duty days are the same, bases are the same, no one is sneaking into our houses and sacrificing our children over fires.

That's all, BYE!:D

Fly Dog
07-19-2018, 03:22 PM
For those of you considering Flexjet, please know that the naysayers that make this place seem like hell are bitter because the Teamsters 1108 were voted out. They are bad actors from the Flightinfo forum crying because they lost their union. They are doing their best to destroy Flexjet, but hopefully you will see through the snowflake rhetoric.

This place isnít perfect, but our management is actively trying to right the ship, now that the Teamsters are gone.

I encourage everyone who is interested to talk with our pilots in FBOs and to FBO employees about their dealings with us and go to the job fairs, or simply apply. Most folks trolling and negativiely commenting on the forums are doing it out of spite. Yes, there are days that will be long until we get our ranks built up and our planes crewed. We lost a lot of pilots to the airlines.

If you are trying to decide on fractionals vs. airlines, I will suggest this. If you have a knack for individualized customer service and like to serve others, this is a good place to be. If you only turn left after boarding an airplane, then the airlines will be a better fit.

Flyfalcons
07-19-2018, 06:37 PM
I spoke to a pilot the other day. He said the company is now calling crew members during their rest period to get them to come out to the airport early. Sounds fun.

Fly Dog
07-20-2018, 06:03 AM
I spoke to a pilot the other day. He said the company is now calling crew members during their rest period to get them to come out to the airport early. Sounds fun.

The FOM says they can call and ask once. Turn phone off during rest. Problem solved. I havenít gotten a call like that in more than 8 years.

Jeff Lebowski
07-20-2018, 06:28 AM
The FOM says they can call and ask once. Turn phone off during rest. Problem solved. I havenít gotten a call like that in more than 8 years.

Well, duh, who's gonna call you when you spend all day in the office or the training center?

And is it just me or do the bulk of pro-company posts seem to come from brand-new user accounts both here and on Flightinfo?

Weird.

FNGFO
07-20-2018, 06:35 AM
Well, duh, who's gonna call you when you spend all day in the office or the training center?

And is it just me or do the bulk of pro-company posts seem to come from brand-new user accounts both here and on Flightinfo?

Weird.

Damage control.

Fly Dog
07-20-2018, 08:41 AM

Weird.

Nope. Never worked in the office or training center. Iím happy flying the line.

Btoflyer
07-20-2018, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=Macjet;2630703]No brother, [please have your way with my sister]. You come to the fractional forum where you're already content at making less than half the pay of a major for twice the work. On top of that you apply to FlexJet whose anti-union rooster suckers just recently decertified their union stabbing every union brother and sister in the back. You want to be a part of the most anti-union, pro-management, back stabbing pansies in the industry undermining decades of union activism in work rules, duty times, pay, benefits, and safety and then get offended by the answers? Ignorance isn't a plea here as there are numerous posts about the FlexJet saboteurs and their self serving underhanded ways. Stupidity, greed, felon, or a desire to join the ranks of the management rooster sucking ranks is the only explanation.

Has anyone ever called you 'unemployable'? Maybe 'not a team player'? Just wondering, because I swear I've run into your clone in my former career as a police officer. In fact, there seems to be a trolling version of you on every single forum: mainline, regional, fractional, charter. Forget providing a simple answer to a a simple question from a fellow pilot - why don't you just admit that you get off on trashing people who don't think exactly like you?

You can have your rotten podium back now.

fooled2x
07-21-2018, 10:05 AM
For those of you considering Flexjet, please know that the naysayers that make this place seem like hell are bitter because the Teamsters 1108 were voted out. They are bad actors from the Flightinfo forum crying because they lost their union. They are doing their best to destroy Flexjet, but hopefully you will see through the snowflake rhetoric.

This place isnít perfect, but our management is actively trying to right the ship, now that the Teamsters are gone.

So, are you admitting management was intentionally not doing the right thing by the pilots because they were Teamsters?

FNGFO
07-21-2018, 10:19 AM
Nm.........

ThreeTen
07-21-2018, 04:14 PM
I live close to CGF and Iíve always thought it might be nice to end up flying for Flexjet here in Cleveland. Iíve got all the required times except the 500 multi but Iím rapidly approaching that figure in the logbook. I just donít have my ATP yet. I see on here that ATP is a requirement but is Flexjet ever willing to send a new hire to an ATPCTP?

I passed the ATP written a few years ago but I missed the deadline for the check ride. So Iím not worried about passing the test again. Thanks for your response.

Mikec
07-21-2018, 04:53 PM
They won't do the ATP-CTP, but will talk to you with the written completed.

captjns
07-21-2018, 05:17 PM
I passed the ATP written a few years ago but I missed the deadline for the check ride. So Iím not worried about passing the test again. Thanks for your response.

A rather expensive deadline to miss in more ways than one.:(

Fly Dog
07-23-2018, 06:15 PM
So, are you admitting management was intentionally not doing the right thing by the pilots because they were Teamsters?

Thatís not what Iím implying. They appear to be trying to do the right thing now that the contract is gone. Now whether or not they are genuine..... itís too early to tell. Nothing changes overnight when it involves money.

Jetlife
07-23-2018, 06:17 PM
Thatís not what Iím implying. They appear to be trying to do the right thing now that the contract is gone. Now whether or not they are genuine..... itís too early to tell. Nothing changes overnight when it involves money.

🤣🤣🤣🤣 oh to be blind...

Flyfalcons
07-24-2018, 11:07 AM

So.......what is the "right thing", and how was the union standing in the way?

fooled2x
07-24-2018, 01:57 PM
So.......what is the "right thing", and how was the union standing in the way?

For one thing, the decert crowd said that 2N had 12 million to divide between the pilots. While they were bragging that the Phenom pilots got a 30% raise, reality was the raise was less than 5%.

So recently a pilot called fatigue. He got a phone call from a senior management person and that person asked if they were using a PTO day? The pilot said no and that this was a fatigue call. The pilot said that if you are charging me a PTO day, send me home. The pilot didn't get sent home. We will see what the pay stub reads.

Jetlife
07-24-2018, 02:04 PM
For one thing, the decert crowd said that 2N had 12 million to divide between the pilots. While they were bragging that the Phenom pilots got a 30% raise, reality was the raise was less than 5%.

So recently a pilot called fatigue. He got a phone call from a senior management person and that person asked if they were using a PTO day? The pilot said no and that this was a fatigue call. The pilot said that if you are charging me a PTO day, send me home. The pilot didn't get sent home. We will see what the pay stub reads.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but how stupid does anyone have to be to believe it would have gone any differently? If management did things out of kindness, unions wouldnít exist. It pains me that grown adults think otherwise...

Ifly4food
07-28-2018, 11:05 AM
And as of today, the standing policy for Domestic Red Label is now being enforced just like in Large Cabin Red Label;

THERE ARE NO HARD DAYS OFF AT FLEXJET

(in Red Label programs). You are just like the majority of corporate pilots out there in that you work on standby. Your duty can be extended for days because another pilot on your team is sick or cannot coming to work. In that case you or your third team member on his days off will have to cover it.

This is a big quality-of-life issue. Your time off is not guaranteed anymore. Consider it if you are intended to apply there.

MudhammedCJ
07-28-2018, 12:56 PM
And as of today, the standing policy for Domestic Red Label is now being enforced just like in Large Cabin Red Label;

THERE ARE NO HARD DAYS OFF AT FLEXJET

(in Red Label programs). You are just like the majority of corporate pilots out there in that you work on standby. Your duty can be extended for days because another pilot on your team is sick or cannot coming to work. In that case you or your third team member on his days off will have to cover it.

This is a big quality-of-life issue. Your time off is not guaranteed anymore. Consider it if you are intended to apply there.
Makes it hard to get in a doobie now and again.

FNGFO
07-28-2018, 03:26 PM
See, I told you so just isnít going to cut when Ricci finishes walking all over the Onesky pilot group.

Iím sure this will thin out the true believers a bit as 2N likes to keep them at about 20% of the seniority list.

Mikec
07-28-2018, 03:28 PM
As a FO it doesn't affect you at all. Your days are your days.

FNGFO
07-28-2018, 03:43 PM
As a FO it doesn't affect you at all. Your days are your days.

FOís eventually become CAís.

Mikec
07-28-2018, 04:00 PM
To a red label captain? Chances are slim and no time soon for sure.

FNGFO
07-28-2018, 04:04 PM
To a red label captain? Chances are slim and no time soon for sure.

Well, actually, yes, you can go from FO to Intíl RL CA. To hold domestic RL you only need to agree to work with guys close to you on the seniority list, and have the most senior group. And yes, most of todayís new FOís are going to enjoy some sweet right seat Phenom and Lear time, and then some more left seat time for the better part of two decades before their 3 man Cell gets the RL nod.

Still, this should open your eyes a bit. KR wants only dedicated crewing. Itís his idea of how things should go, and thereís not much stopping him from working the RL model all the way down to the Flex regional fleets. Not anymore anyway.

bjtdrvr
07-29-2018, 03:47 AM
At least on the domestic RL side you will get paid OT for those days.

WiskeyTango
07-29-2018, 09:53 AM
At least on the domestic RL side you will get paid OT for those days.

OT? You sure about that? I think it just pays regular daily rate (better than the large cabins which are salaried).

Fly Dog
07-29-2018, 01:52 PM
You guys need to stop trying to tank this company. I am in IRL and I love it, but itís not for everyone. Yes, I have to occasionally extend a day and thatís because we donít overlap our schedule. Iíll maintain that flexibility any day to work 7/7 vs 8/6.

I work fewer days than I used to in the traditional fractional fleet.

FNGFO
07-29-2018, 02:11 PM
You tanked yourselves. That new seniority list ought to be a quality body blow when itís released.

And yes, the average domestic RL CA isnít gong to be extended twice a month, but itís yet another arbitrary loss without recourse to the Flex QOL, and you asked for it.

JMO127
07-29-2018, 04:48 PM
How do new hires get out of the Phenom? I've heard multiple pilots on the road say that you can refuse it as they are parking the CL's due to lack of crews.

WiskeyTango
07-29-2018, 10:06 PM
How do new hires get out of the Phenom? I've heard multiple pilots on the road say that you can refuse it as they are parking the CL's due to lack of crews.

you mean not get assigned the phenom in new hire class? I don't think there is a way to guarantee you'll get one type or another. Looking at the last seniority list, recent new hires have gone into the Phenom, Challenger, Lear, and Legacy. It's been a mix.

fooled2x
07-30-2018, 03:39 AM

So how do pilots that were hired in 2001 get to move out of the Phenom?

Heywood2
07-30-2018, 04:12 AM

Trust me,if you refuse it enough they will put you where you want to go.
Dont let them bluff you into taking a Phenom slot.
They need crews so bad right now that they will accommodate you.
Been there done that

JMO127
07-30-2018, 04:31 AM
Been there done thatThat's crazy. I was just contuning the thread. I asked the same question on the NJ side.

JMO127
07-30-2018, 05:37 AM
Been there done thatJust for general discussion and having never flown the Phenom, is it that bad of an airplane? Again I've never flown one. Not trying to incite a riot or anything. Just asking for me.

FNGFO
07-30-2018, 06:24 AM
It's good at what it is. That being an entry level jet. Very small, slow, flies a long way, no TRís, single brakes and an interesting braking computer program and cheap.

NJís puts a size limitation on flying the thing. It looks good on the ramp, and highly cost sensitive (read cheap) owners are satisfied seeing leather seats and wood paneling. But itís often referred to as the Lego jet, Phenis or Peon.

It has a bigger bax compartment than the Lear, is cheaper and can fly farther, but itís so slow the Lear can generally do a fuel stop and still beat it to destination on a long leg.

I wouldnít want to spend the next 10-15 years in the right seat of one.

captfred
07-30-2018, 07:48 AM
Does it have external Lav servicing?

WiskeyTango
07-30-2018, 08:34 AM
So how do pilots that were hired in 2001 get to move out of the Phenom?

You stay in your airplane until you can upgrade to a captain slot in another fleet. Or if there is a fleet reduction you would get moved somewhere else.

AirBear
07-30-2018, 10:04 AM
Does it have external Lav servicing?

Yes, standard receptacle external Lav Service.

JMO127
07-30-2018, 11:06 AM
It's good at what it is. That being an entry level jet. Very small, slow, flies a long way, no TRís, single brakes and an interesting braking computer program and cheap.

NJís puts a size limitation on flying the thing. It looks good on the ramp, and highly cost sensitive (read cheap) owners are satisfied seeing leather seats and wood paneling. But itís often referred to as the Lego jet, Phenis or Peon.

It has a bigger bax compartment than the Lear, is cheaper and can fly farther, but itís so slow the Lear can generally do a fuel stop and still beat it to destination on a long leg.

I wouldnít want to spend the next 10-15 years in the right seat of one.Thanks for the honest answer. I appreciate it.

FNGFO
07-30-2018, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the honest answer. I appreciate it.

Honestly, Frac flying is hard, hard work and I wouldnít recommend working for Ken Ricci, but the Legacy or 300 would be very nice rides if youíre determined to follow that path.

JMO127
07-30-2018, 02:04 PM
Honestly, Frac flying is hard, hard work and I wouldnít recommend working for Ken Ricci, but the Legacy or 300 would be very nice rides if youíre determined to follow that path.

Yeah, Im happy where I am. Just trying to get honest answers. You hear so much fluff these days on here, it's a full time job searching through the bs. I'd like to fly the CL. A friend flys a 350 and speaks highly of them.

bjtdrvr
07-31-2018, 01:19 PM
The phenom isn't really that bad. Most disgruntled guys have moved down to it from bigger planes. It is an improvement over the beechjet and like the above post it does its job very well. Just buy yourself a good cushion for those 40+ hour tours! :)

ThomasMagnum
08-01-2018, 06:06 AM
Why even bother with this place, especially after the decertification? All the airlines are hiring, go work a lot less and enjoy a better QOL.

Fly Dog
08-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Why even bother with this place, especially after the decertification? All the airlines are hiring, go work a lot less and enjoy a better QOL.

Not everyone wants to work at the airlines.

Jetlife
08-02-2018, 09:39 AM
Not everyone can get hired at the airlines.

Fixed it for ya.

PrettyFlyGuy
08-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Fixed it for ya.
I see guys on here daily posting that people who donít fly for a Major are basically lesser qualified pilots. But as of recently I have seen my neighbor who is in his 30ís with 2 DUIs(one over 10 years old) and a checkride failure get hired at United(737). Yet my Buddy has a flawless record with great gpa over 1000TPIC 121, 3 types and internal recs for days(including a parent on mainline) who canít even get a call. Heís not the only one. Plus Delta is hiring 2500 hr millennial regional FOís whose only PIC time is in a 152 and really have no experience to stand on(acquaintance of mine). I have jumpseated back and forth to Alaska dozens of times on mainline cockpits and I never saw anything special with those guys. If anything I was a bit disappointed in the professionalism as a young pilot aiming for bigger opportunities. So where does your mindset come from? Am I missing something?

CrispyBacon
08-02-2018, 11:57 AM
I see guys on here daily posting that people who don’t fly for a Major are basically lesser qualified pilots. But as of recently I have seen my neighbor who is in his 30’s with 2 DUIs(one over 10 years old) and a checkride failure get hired at United(737). Yet my Buddy has a flawless record with great gpa over 1000TPIC 121, 3 types and internal recs for days(including a parent on mainline) who can’t even get a call. He’s not the only one. Plus Delta is hiring 2500 hr millennial regional FO’s whose only PIC time is in a 152 and really have no experience to stand on(acquaintance of mine). I have jumpseated back and forth to Alaska dozens of times on mainline cockpits and I never saw anything special with those guys. If anything I was a bit disappointed in the professionalism as a young pilot aiming for bigger opportunities. So where does your mindset come from? Am I missing something?

You answered your own question. Those high qualified pilots get skipped long enough, they go to cargo and corporate. What is so hard to comprehend?

Jetlife
08-02-2018, 12:26 PM
I see guys on here daily posting that people who donít fly for a Major are basically lesser qualified pilots. But as of recently I have seen my neighbor who is in his 30ís with 2 DUIs(one over 10 years old) and a checkride failure get hired at United(737). Yet my Buddy has a flawless record with great gpa over 1000TPIC 121, 3 types and internal recs for days(including a parent on mainline) who canít even get a call. Heís not the only one. Plus Delta is hiring 2500 hr millennial regional FOís whose only PIC time is in a 152 and really have no experience to stand on(acquaintance of mine). I have jumpseated back and forth to Alaska dozens of times on mainline cockpits and I never saw anything special with those guys. If anything I was a bit disappointed in the professionalism as a young pilot aiming for bigger opportunities. So where does your mindset come from? Am I missing something?

And that right there is it...

135 guys think that the only requirement to get hired, are the hourly requirements listed in the job posting. They apply once, wait to get hired, only the call never comes. Or they get an interview with one or multiple airlines, and they can never get hired. They continue though still questioning why they didn't get hired. They met the requirements right?! Most of those guys have personality issues or some other underlying issue that the airlines don't want.

I flew with a bunch of guys in the 135 world like that, as we probably all have.

fooled2x
08-04-2018, 12:10 PM
You stay in your airplane until you can upgrade to a captain slot in another fleet. Or if there is a fleet reduction you would get moved somewhere else.

So it takes 15+ years to upgrade in the Phenom while a CL-300/350 takes less than 5 years or the guy that PM'd me about the Gulfstream CA that started less than one year ago?

WT, why isn't anybody bidding out of the Phenom then?

WiskeyTango
08-04-2018, 02:35 PM
Well 5 years for a challenger doesnít sounds right. Not anymore anyway. Things were a bit weird before the seniority lists were merged, but now itís all one pilot group.

The Gulfstreams are staffed differently. Not seniority based. You apply and interview and theoretically anyone at any seniority level can get the slot. So yes, there are junior pilots flying the Gulfstream.

ThomasMagnum
08-04-2018, 05:20 PM
And in this industry, that is absolutely ridiculous. Jetlife hit the nail on the head.

PassportPlump
08-05-2018, 07:38 AM

As a former regional pilot converting to Delta I can say with certainty that Delta is a great place to work. Do we have our issues? Yes. Are they first world problems? Absolutely (guys trying to figure out what to do with excess 401k money beyond $55,000 limit to still allow them a tax vehicle).

Comparing my schedule, vacation, sick, disability, paycheck, and benefits to my friends at FlexJet and NetJets is apples and oranges.

So yeah there is a big difference between the two career/lifestyles. To each his own. As for Delta hiring 2500 hour millennials, that is rare. However we are hiring 24-60 year old pilots. Diversifying.

In my role at Delta I do a lot of work with new hire pilots as well as fly the line. I see absolutely zero issues with any of the people we are hiring right now. If anything, we have had issues in the past with the 17,000 hour Compass flow who came here virtually brain dead with a terrible attitude.

Iíd take the 25 year old with 2500 hours and a willingness to learn the Delta way any day. Just wanted to add some facts to the speculative conversation.

As you were......

Atem McBo
08-05-2018, 08:25 PM
First time poster, long time reader here.

As Flexjet has a large order for Gulfstreams, what is the criteria for a new hire getting that?

What is the typical schedule for the Gulfstream?

Is pay different as well?

If any Gulfstream drivers are on here, please feel free to PM me. I am just looking for facts here people. I am really not looking for union this, union that, scab here, scab there, a$$ kisser him, brown noser her, etc. I am sure you get the point.

Thanks and good luck to all.

FLYLOW22
08-06-2018, 04:00 AM
So it takes 15+ years to upgrade in the Phenom while a CL-300/350 takes less than 5 years or the guy that PM'd me about the Gulfstream CA that started less than one year ago?

WT, why isn't anybody bidding out of the Phenom then?

Sounds like a pilot retention issue.

The most marketable are leaving. Gulfstream.

ThomasMagnum
08-06-2018, 06:06 AM

As Flexjet has a large order for Gulfstreams, what is the criteria for a new hire getting that?

If any Gulfstream drivers are on here, please feel free to PM me. I am just looking for facts here people. I am really not looking for union this, union that, scab here, scab there, a$$ kisser him, brown noser her, etc. I am sure you get the point.

Youíre hired!

Atem McBo
08-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Youíre hired!

Is reading comprehension not taught in schools anymore?

Dang, I must be getting old.

ThomasMagnum
08-07-2018, 05:58 AM
No, seriously... Youíre exactly what theyíre looking for.

fooled2x
08-07-2018, 06:17 AM

Just beware of the bait and switch.

FNGFO
08-07-2018, 06:51 AM
Just beware of the bait and switch.

He can just walk out of indoc like several before him have done after finding out their Challenger manuals said Phenom on front.

Atem McBo
08-07-2018, 08:03 AM
No, seriously... Youíre exactly what theyíre looking for.

Ok, but really doesnít answer any of my questions.

Candidates walking out of class following ďbait and switchĒ tactics is quite amusing though.

fooled2x
08-07-2018, 12:13 PM
What makes you think you will get a Gulfstream when there are 600 pilots on the seniority list?

OtherGuy
08-07-2018, 12:18 PM
Mr. Pollard, you really like to paint with a broad, yet DB brush. I know a ton of former 135 pilots at every major and cargo operator. You seem to think everyone other than you or those like you are lesser pilots for choosing whatever path they chose. I could say something like "Mark, since you could not get in the military as a pilot, you are probably a marginal pilot and therefore not hire-able". (old delta days) However, that would not be true from first appearance.

Right now, I have no desire to fly for a part-121 carrier. Already did and did not like the lifestyle...it was boring FOR ME. And no, I have not applied. I don't know why you concern yourself with the path others have taken. You really need a hobby.

Its good to see your ways have not changed since leaving NJA.

And that right there is it...

135 guys think that the only requirement to get hired, are the hourly requirements listed in the job posting. They apply once, wait to get hired, only the call never comes. Or they get an interview with one or multiple airlines, and they can never get hired. They continue though still questioning why they didn't get hired. They met the requirements right?! Most of those guys have personality issues or some other underlying issue that the airlines don't want.

I flew with a bunch of guys in the 135 world like that, as we probably all have.

FLYLOW22
08-07-2018, 12:30 PM
Mr. Pussbag , you really like to paint with a broad, yet DB brush. I know a ton of former 135 pilots at every major and cargo operator. You seem to think everyone other than you or those like you are lesser pilots for choosing whatever path they chose. I could say something like "Douchie, since you could not get in the military as a pilot, you are probably a marginal pilot and therefore not hire-able". (old delta days) However, that would not be true from first appearance.

Right now, I have no desire to fly for a part-121 carrier. Already did and did not like the lifestyle...it was boring FOR ME. And no, I have not applied. I don't know why you concern yourself with the path others have taken. You really need a hobby.

Its good to see your ways have not changed since leaving NJA.

Typical Millennial who needs his safe place, thinks that everything should happen for him exactly how he sees it. Cause thatís how aviation works.

I wonder how long heíll stay at Alaska before starting over at another Major just in time for a downturn and furlough? Lol.

Atem McBo
08-07-2018, 05:18 PM
What makes you think you will get a Gulfstream when there are 600 pilots on the seniority list?

I don't. That is the reason I asked a few questions. That is all.

I thought this would be a good place to get some answers. But it seems more of a place where people just troll, name call and b-itch.

If you aren't happy, find another company or new profession all together. Some of you must be a real joy in the cockpit.

I shouldn't be surprised of the reaction when yet another millennial realizes they don't always get their way nor get a choice.

Welcome to reality.

WiskeyTango
08-07-2018, 05:39 PM

There isn't any published criteria for getting a Gulfstream slot. Pay is salary vs a daily rate on every other airplane. That means you get paid the same no matter how much or how little you work. Schedules are different, yes. 5 pilots on a team have to cover both seats at all times. If someone calls in sick someone else has to put a butt in the seat.

Atem McBo
08-07-2018, 06:03 PM
There isn't any published criteria for getting a Gulfstream slot. Pay is salary vs a daily rate on every other airplane. That means you get paid the same no matter how much or how little you work. Schedules are different, yes. 5 pilots on a team have to cover both seats at all times. If someone calls in sick someone else has to put a butt in the seat.

Thanks. I appreciate the informative answer.

Best of luck.

Vital Signs
08-07-2018, 06:45 PM
Copious amounts of these will get you much closer to that Gulfstream you desire.

a$$ kisser him, brown noser her.

Include lots of Anti-union talk and you will be a shoe in.

Atem McBo
08-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Copious amounts of these will get you much closer to that Gulfstream you desire.

Include lots of Anti-union talk and you will be a shoe in.

I am sure you took that first quote well out of context. Reading comprehension really isn't your strong point either.

Anti-union talk??? Thought that horse was dead.

Sorry life hasn't worked out for you.

Vital Signs
08-07-2018, 07:56 PM
I am sure you took that first quote well out of context. Reading comprehension really isn't your strong point either.

Anti-union talk??? Thought that horse was dead.

Sorry life hasn't worked out for you.

I told you what would help your chances of getting that shiny jet and I am not the one looking to hop into the dumpster fire.

My life is great. not at flexops.

Atem McBo
08-07-2018, 11:29 PM

Kindly re-read my first post and brush up on your reading comprehension skills. (HINT: The message is in the statement that begins with, ďI am really not looking for.....)

fooled2x
08-07-2018, 11:39 PM
I don't. That is the reason I asked a few questions. That is all.

I thought this would be a good place to get some answers. But it seems more of a place where people just troll, name call and b-itch.

If you aren't happy, find another company or new profession all together. Some of you must be a real joy in the cockpit.

I shouldn't be surprised of the reaction when yet another millennial realizes they don't always get their way nor get a choice.

Welcome to reality.

Just tried to give you a heads up. If you aren't happy, find another company or new profession all together. Some of you must be a real joy in the cockpit.

I should have left long ago, and I never got the carrot. Also, I have to agree, this place has its share of pilots that are a real joy to fly with. Good luck and look at the long term.

FNGFO
08-08-2018, 05:50 AM
Kindly re-read my first post and brush up on your reading comprehension skills. (HINT: The message is in the statement that begins with, ďI am really not looking for.....)

You donít understand. Youíre not going to get even a shot at a G interview unless you are loudly anti Union as a newb and suck up publicly and often to 2N.

You may not want to talk about it, but thatís the reality.

Flyfalcons
08-08-2018, 06:24 AM
Maybe go to the Delta forum and ask about starting on the 777?

Jetlife
08-08-2018, 03:37 PM
Maybe go to the Delta forum and ask about starting on the 777?

There is actually a greater chance of that happening at Delta.

FLYLOW22
08-08-2018, 06:29 PM
There is actually a greater chance of that happening at Delta.

You starry-eyed dreamer.

Peloton
08-09-2018, 05:42 AM
Your airline get bought yet?

Brush up on those Mohawk Allegheny LPPs

This guy knows all about airline mergers, listen to him! He lost his cool gig at 121 world due to a merger. Now he is busy on extended days speeding along in a Phenis below 10K embracing ďThe SuckĒ that is NJA. Listen to the man who originally saw turtles!!

OtherGuy
08-09-2018, 06:26 PM
** it would have been nice if you would have showed this much passion when you worked for NJA before going to Virgin/Alaska. But, the extent of your concern was limited to *****ing on the board. You never actively participated in the advancement of the pilot group and one would assume your inaction will remain your MO moving forward. You should really focus all of your attention on Alaska and its future instead of posting somewhere where you really no have dog in the fight.

This little tit-for-tat with ** is embarrassing for both of you.

**, there is little doubt that you are a company man and have been for a very long time. It is generally thought you feed union board information to the company and have benefited from it. * and *could take a joint crap in your jeep and you would send them a thank you note. Honestly, you are a liability to the future of the pilot group. Every pilot group has types like you and they suffer because of it. ** you currently have over 17,000 post on the other side....where do you find the time to post here too?

So, you too are perfect for each other. Both wanting to cause harm to people you once called brothers. This career field would be infinitely better with you two in it.

FLYLOW22
08-09-2018, 09:23 PM
A ladies seat?? You obviously know as much about bicycles as you do about food service...but I will not go there.

I see turtles!

If you were reincarnated... would you?

Packrat
08-10-2018, 07:34 AM
Looks like Flexjet is the place to be!

FLYLOW22
08-10-2018, 10:40 AM
ahhhh I upset little Johnny...now he is acting out in a rage. Poor little boy.

Hope you donít run into DAG again.

You liked it.

FLYLOW22
08-10-2018, 12:39 PM
Nah he will just continue to come into threads where he thinks he's anonymous and continue his pathetic attempts to have people pay attention to him. You can pinpoint when he gets laughed off his own company MB because he comes back to APC to flood another forum full of his BS. I do love how current pilots at NJA show me screenshots of his hypocritical flip flopping. Just a pathetic loser trying to stay relevant...

Hypothetically,

Almost as bad as coming back to the fractional site to trash talk your former employer and its employees even though youíve ďmade itĒ to the ďbigsĒ. In fact, in another thread here you ďhoped nothing more that XYZ would go out of businessĒ.

Because thatís productive. And rational.

Time for you to move on. Your new company has merger acquisition on the horizon.

Good luck.

I mean it.

FLYLOW22
08-10-2018, 12:54 PM
This is the Flexjet forum slugger, a company you have never worked for. Take your company pole smoking self back to the NJA forum where you can spread more ponies and balloons.

Oh and as for you coming into the Alaska Airlines APC thread and trolling there too, you have NEVER worked there, once again more hypocrisy from the simpleton. Don't pretend for one second that you have a clue about the airline industry now. You are a has been who got spit out 16 years ago and couldn't make it back.

And everyone knows you don't mean anything sincere. You are a pathetic tool who has bled over from the company MB and NJA thread here where you have zero respect of any of your peers.

There is no "making it" mentality here, if that was the mentality I would have gone to a regional before NJA. I don't think I am better than anyone at NJA but I do know that you are a pathetic excuse for a human being, and the farthest thing from a pilots advocate I know. Keep climbing that ladder at the expense of your peers.

Whatís sad is that you actually believe the junkyard dog will never bite you.

[emoji6]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180810/2b93d80682b392ee64f6266572885632.gif

Jetlife
08-10-2018, 12:57 PM
Whatís sad is that you actually believe the junkyard dog will never bite you.

[emoji6]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180810/2b93d80682b392ee64f6266572885632.gif

No I just choose not to live my life like a victim like you.

Point to the doll and show me where Kit Darby hurt you, where did the airline industry hurt you? You poor thing....

http://i67.tinypic.com/2ds25nm.jpg

Fly Dog
08-10-2018, 07:00 PM
Looks like Flexjet is the place to be!

Seems like this thread has been hacked by Netjets.

JMO127
08-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Seems like this thread has been hacked by Netjets.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'm confused,. Who is sleeping with whom again?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jetlife
08-11-2018, 06:00 PM
Donít forget, he created a fake account today to troll because I blocked his original username. Heís lucky both accounts didnít get banned. Pretty sad...

JMO127
08-11-2018, 06:08 PM
Okay okay okay. I got this

Johnny Boy used to sleep with the union but he was seceretly seeing others on the side. Maybe management during contract negotiations, Iíve been told. I donít know I just know lots and lots of people are saying that.

Then Johnny Boy got caught speeding in a Phenis below 10K and was slapped around by a DAG.

Then JB (new initials) complained for MONTHS about the autraucities committed against him.

Then JB applied for a supplemental training position in the Phenis.

Then JB got such a position and then because a huge cheerleader for the company and decided to work against his union brothers. Such as disparaging comments about fatigue usage, etc etc etc.

Then JB is extending 13 days a month to make extra money even though he has other businesses to attend too.

So in short. JB is sleeping with management after first being in bed with the union.

I got it ???Sounds like a great first date. Is it JB or BJ?

FNGFO
08-11-2018, 06:10 PM
Autraucity?

VamosALaPlaya
08-19-2018, 08:32 PM
Sounds like a great first date. Is it JB or BJ?

More like John L, so JL.

Blutarsky
08-20-2018, 08:48 AM
I haven't been on here in a while. What does this thread creep have to do with the flexjet train wreck? Or is this just the fractional train wreck in general now?

SmarterThanYou
08-22-2018, 10:15 PM
Why are you all so damn stupid and acting like juveniles??? So embarrassing to see adults whine like this. No wonder no CEO ever takes you idiots serious, too stupid to understand anything!

Harry Tasker
08-25-2018, 09:00 AM
Are RedLabel pilots hired directly like EJM and per account or hired from within?

SmarterThanYou
08-25-2018, 02:20 PM
Are RedLabel pilots hired directly like EJM and per account or hired from within?

From within

PowderPilot2016
08-27-2018, 11:55 AM
With the hiring going on at FlexJet is the upgrade time coming down? Also anyone I can PM have some questions about working at FlexJet?

SmarterThanYou
08-27-2018, 02:04 PM
With the hiring going on at FlexJet is the upgrade time coming down? Also anyone I can PM have some questions about working at FlexJet?

Feel free to PM me. Iíll lgive you the reality as opposed to all the BS you hear on here.

FNGFO
08-27-2018, 04:48 PM

Theyíre hiring, but they arenít retaining.

fooled2x
08-27-2018, 05:06 PM
Feel free to PM me. Iíll lgive you the reality as opposed to all the BS you hear on here.

Just remember , There are Phenom FO's hired in 2001 that have not had an opportunity to upgrade.

fooled2x
08-27-2018, 05:07 PM

Why won't you post publicly on here for all to see?

SmarterThanYou
08-29-2018, 11:48 AM
Why won't you post publicly on here for all to see?

Because I donít want to.

In regards to your Phenom FO comment, there are a lot of FOs on every fleet that donít necessarily deserve to upgrade. So why should I feel bad or care? Iíve flown with many ďCaptainsĒ that couldnít fly their way out of a paper bag. Itís actually quite scary.

StickPig
08-29-2018, 01:46 PM
Interview next week. Howís the medical insurance? Family premiums look really low. Is it quality coverage?

bjtdrvr
08-29-2018, 02:50 PM
Yes. If you have lots of United Health Care preferred hospitals around.

fooled2x
08-29-2018, 04:35 PM
Interview next week. How’s the medical insurance? Family premiums look really low. Is it quality coverage?

If your Dr. participates. Urgent care charges the same $150 as the hospital. My dentist accepts the insurance, but the reimbursement has been lowered, so a cleaning and x-rays is $75. Amalgam fillings are $100 for 1 surface. Comprehensive eye exam is $150. You can save money but you have to shop around. I have been using these Dr.s for 15 years and pay the extra to stay with them.

SmarterThanYou
08-30-2018, 07:08 AM
If your Dr. participates. Urgent care charges the same $150 as the hospital. My dentist accepts the insurance, but the reimbursement has been lowered, so a cleaning and x-rays is $75. Amalgam fillings are $100 for 1 surface. Comprehensive eye exam is $150. You can save money but you have to shop around. I have been using these Dr.s for 15 years and pay the extra to stay with them.

This must be a lower grade plan. My cleanings and X-rays at the dentist cost $0 for me and my family of 4. Iíve never paid more than $30 copay at any Doctor for any of my family. My son had tubes put in his ears, I owed $300 toward my deductible. Medical is stellar under my plan, which is the best plan option they offer. I pay $99 a check for this coverage.

fooled2x
08-30-2018, 05:45 PM
I pay $99/pay. Regular doctor is $25 co-pay, and a specialist is a $35 co-pay. Even using an in-network doctor, they don't always cover the rest of the allowable expense. Dental is $16/pay and for a dentist who accepts our insurance, there is usually an additional bill.

StickPig
08-30-2018, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the insurance info. Any up-to-date info on interview? Got it next week..

fooled2x
08-31-2018, 04:46 AM
Thanks for the insurance info. Any up-to-date info on interview? Got it next week..

Congratulations! You're hired!

SmarterThanYou
09-01-2018, 06:57 AM
I pay $99/pay. Regular doctor is $25 co-pay, and a specialist is a $35 co-pay. Even using an in-network doctor, they don't always cover the rest of the allowable expense. Dental is $16/pay and for a dentist who accepts our insurance, there is usually an additional bill.

May want to check with your dentist man, seems to be ripping you off if youíre getting an additional bill. Fluoride treatments arenít included, they said my portion would be $15. My dentist writes it off which equals $0 for me. Have to select good people!

RI830
09-01-2018, 09:57 AM
He goes to Kennís dentist!

JMO127
09-01-2018, 09:57 AM
He goes to Kennís dentist!🤣

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SmarterThanYou
09-01-2018, 06:47 PM
He goes to Kennís dentist!

Kenn has a damn good dentist!

fooled2x
09-02-2018, 07:31 AM
I'll continue to go to my dentist, but thanks anyway.

FNGFO
09-02-2018, 09:59 AM
Kenn has a damn good dentist!

You misspelled tooth whitener.