Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : JS on weight restricted flights?

ugleeual
03-30-2018, 05:10 PM
Ladies/Gents,

Iím a UAL pilot and trying to JS on one of your -175s. If the flight is weight restricted can you still take a JS rider?

Thanks in advance.

HandyUghes
03-30-2018, 05:14 PM
Ladies/Gents,

Iím a UAL pilot and trying to JS on one of your -175s. If the flight is weight restricted can you still take a JS rider?

Thanks in advance.

Usually the bags will be fewer than planned and you can fit a couple more. Or take a little less fuel if tankering, asked weights, etc. Depends on if the captain is lucid or not.

calmwinds
03-30-2018, 05:57 PM
Usually the bags will be fewer than planned and you can fit a couple more. Or take a little less fuel if tankering, asked weights, etc. Depends on if the captain is lucid or not.

Agreed. However, we have pushed back from the gate and been over ramp weight. We received a couple extra hundred pounds of fuel without asking for it. The bag count was already reduced on the release and we put everyone on board anyway when we were weight restricted. It took a few minutes before we could taxi. We started both engines and left the APU running before taxiing. Otherwise, the flight went off without a hitch.

brigadeaviator
03-30-2018, 08:12 PM
Usually hasnít been a problem in the 175. Then again if itís full and we already met upstairs (jumpseater) Iíll be sure to ask the FAs to include half weights in their count. Only reason I havenít been able to get someone in the JS is low O2.

ugleeual
03-31-2018, 04:58 AM
Usually hasnít been a problem in the 175. Then again if itís full and we already met upstairs (jumpseater) Iíll be sure to ask the FAs to include half weights in their count. Only reason I havenít been able to get someone in the JS is low O2.

Thanks... Iíll give it a go today.

ugleeual
03-31-2018, 07:47 PM
Thanks... Iíll give it a go today.

Crew was awesome today and got me on the JS... first class act... much appreciated.