Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Guest Pass Embargo

Dash8Pilot
04-01-2018, 07:32 PM
I’ve heard there’s a guest pass embargo later this month. Is this expected to have an affect on offline jumpseating or zed fares? Might be trying to hitch a ride later this month and was curious if I need to make alternate plans.

Klsytakesit
04-02-2018, 12:51 PM
4/24 to 5/1....Switching to a new system...Think wheel with 8 sides. Intermittent tech hitches...All Alaska/ Virgin flt numbers...That includes contracted lift by Horizon/Skywest.

boschpilot
04-03-2018, 06:14 PM
4/24 to 5/1....Switching to a new system...Think wheel with 8 sides. Intermittent tech hitches...All Alaska/ Virgin flt numbers...That includes contracted lift by Horizon/Skywest.

Is it still contract when you're both owned by the same company? wow. just wow guys.

Klsytakesit
04-04-2018, 03:05 AM
Yes it is. According to Alaska Airlines. Their words not mine. And an important distinction when we seek scope protection in 2020.

Pogey Bait
04-04-2018, 03:59 AM
Is it still contract when you're both owned by the same company? wow. just wow guys.

Yes. . . . . .

ImperialxRat
04-09-2018, 11:37 AM
I’ve heard there’s a guest pass embargo later this month. Is this expected to have an affect on offline jumpseating or zed fares? Might be trying to hitch a ride later this month and was curious if I need to make alternate plans.

No, shouldn’t affect jumpseating. I believe it only mentioned guest passes.

rickair7777
04-09-2018, 01:08 PM
No, shouldn’t affect jumpseating. I believe it only mentioned guest passes.

Yeah if they ban jumpseaters other airlines might reciprocate, which would further complicate operational integrity.

Klsytakesit
04-09-2018, 10:34 PM
CSA told me today that they have had a couple bulletins about JACS/CASS interuptions during this period. They will not be able to accomodate jumpseat requests if the system goes TU. May want to truly avoid the entire Alaska system for a few days.

full of luv
04-11-2018, 05:23 AM
CSA told me today that they have had a couple bulletins about JACS/CASS interuptions during this period. They will not be able to accomodate jumpseat requests if the system goes TU. May want to truly avoid the entire Alaska system for a few days.

Is TU socially acceptable micro-aggression towards females or corpse's?:eek:

Hrkdrivr
04-11-2018, 06:36 AM
Is TU socially acceptable micro-aggression towards females or corpse's?:eek:

Not if they meant “toes up.” :D

FlyAK
04-11-2018, 06:56 AM
Maybe I’ll start going with November uniform, for “nipples up.” Everybody has nipples...

ForeverJunior
04-11-2018, 07:05 AM
Maybe I’ll start going with November uniform, for “nipples up.” Everybody has nipples...

http://images2.onionstatic.com/clickhole/3496/7/16x9/800.jpg