Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Minimum ME hours

jmartinez
04-02-2018, 04:24 PM
I was reviewing flight time requirements for Republic on APC as well as their website and they both state 50 ME hours. It was my understanding that most airlines were taking 25 hrs these days with the rest made up during the ATP-CTP course. Can anyone confirm if this is the case for Republic? Thanks

4V14T0R
04-02-2018, 06:09 PM
I was reviewing flight time requirements for Republic on APC as well as their website and they both state 50 ME hours. It was my understanding that most airlines were taking 25 hrs these days with the rest made up during the ATP-CTP course. Can anyone confirm if this is the case for Republic? Thanks

Well 50 is ATP mins. I do believe they allow you to make up 25 in the Sim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiveAndDrive
04-02-2018, 06:12 PM
I donít work at RPA, so take it for what itís worth. I was in the jump seat of an RPA flight a few months ago that had a pilot recruiter operating the flight. I canít remember the exact details, but basically RPAís POI and/or the Indy FSDO has something against the simulator time..... or something.

In short... youíll need the full 50 hours ME. In talking with their recruiters, and some of my coworkers that left my current outfit to go there, you MIGHT be allowed entrance with 38 hours because youíll get 12 during the CTP. But it depends if you do CTP in house or not. So plan on 38-50 hours of ME.

Again, donít work at RPA, so take it with a grain of salt.

Excargodog
04-02-2018, 06:48 PM
https://youtu.be/iTKj_Vd5_Bk

Av8r75
04-02-2018, 07:27 PM
I donít work at RPA, so take it for what itís worth. I was in the jump seat of an RPA flight a few months ago that had a pilot recruiter operating the flight. I canít remember the exact details, but basically RPAís POI and/or the Indy FSDO has something against the simulator time..... or something.

In short... youíll need the full 50 hours ME. In talking with their recruiters, and some of my coworkers that left my current outfit to go there, you MIGHT be allowed entrance with 38 hours because youíll get 12 during the CTP. But it depends if you do CTP in house or not. So plan on 38-50 hours of ME.

Again, donít work at RPA, so take it with a grain of salt.Hmmm...your response got me wondering...does their POI have an issue with using up to 80 hours of SIM (Full SIM logged in airline and corporate training for type ratings) towards ATP requirements. Regs state you can use up to 100 hours of full SIM towards 1500 hour requirement. Hope not....

Sounds like he may just be concerned with the multi requirement, but you never know I guess.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

stfoley23
04-02-2018, 09:17 PM
25 hours is what I am going there with and what others from my 141 flight school have been going with

Flightcap
04-03-2018, 04:57 AM
Hmmm...your response got me wondering...does their POI have an issue with using up to 80 hours of SIM (Full SIM logged in airline and corporate training for type ratings) towards ATP requirements. Regs state you can use up to 100 hours of full SIM towards 1500 hour requirement. Hope not....

Sounds like he may just be concerned with the multi requirement, but you never know I guess.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This issue raised its ugly head while I was in new hire training. The POI decided that since two pilots are training at once in the sim, you can only log the time while you are Pilot Flying. In other words, you can log half the time you would otherwise log. This dropped the credit for sim for all types of experience from 26 or so hours down to 12. Welcome to being regulated by one of the quirkiest POIs in the country........

The company has a program to help people get that last bit of experience, but it cuts into your signing bonus if you use it. So it's basically you paying for the flight time.

Random Task
04-03-2018, 06:38 PM
Folks in my class (summer 2017) had no problem coming in with 25 ME

mkbuzz1
04-04-2018, 09:20 AM
Saw this post and emailed my recruiter. Says 50 hours is required by day 1 of indoc. Wish they were a little more clear about it.

stfoley23
04-04-2018, 03:44 PM
Saw this post and emailed my recruiter. Says 50 hours is required by day 1 of indoc. Wish they were a little more clear about it.

They're not all on the same page then because all my CFI buddies have been going with 25 ME and have been just fine. My recruiter also told me 25. Now, is it possible the difference is whether you're R-ATP or regular 1500 ATP? Cause we're all 1,000 TT R-ATP

mkbuzz1
04-04-2018, 06:07 PM
They're not all on the same page then because all my CFI buddies have been going with 25 ME and have been just fine. My recruiter also told me 25. Now, is it possible the difference is whether you're R-ATP or regular 1500 ATP? Cause we're all 1,000 TT R-ATP

Im personally a 1500 restricted ATP so that could be it, but not sure why that would make a difference.

CDylan
04-04-2018, 06:23 PM
R-ATP
Itís definitely 25 multi and 1,000 total as for ATP its 50 and 1,000 confirmed by recruiting.

mike sierra
04-05-2018, 09:48 AM
They told me 38 Multi and 1500 Total

Goose Lives
04-05-2018, 10:25 AM
We've been told when reviewing logbooks in interviews that 25 hours of ME time in the sim from CPT and Training is ok..

Macchi30
04-05-2018, 12:47 PM
I went to a Republic recruiting event a few weeks ago, the recrutier told me that the last 100 hours of time which Republic will pay for includes the ME hours.

VASBYT
04-05-2018, 12:55 PM
I went to a Republic recruiting event a few weeks ago, the recrutier told me that the last 100 hours of time which Republic will pay for includes the ME hours.

This is true, however, your sign-on bonus is used toward this.

Macchi30
04-05-2018, 01:21 PM
This is true, however, your sign-on bonus is used toward this.

thats super lame..

misterpretzel
04-05-2018, 03:51 PM
Is that essentially an interest free loan?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

knewyork
04-05-2018, 04:10 PM
LOL did someone say ďthatís super lameĒ in reference to Republic deducting a portion of a sign on bonus to pay for your multi time? Hahahaha oh lord. Iím still paying for that multi time that was required to even get a call from anywhere just a few years ago. Please do yourself a favor and never ever say anything like that inside a 121 flight deck.

knewyork
04-05-2018, 04:11 PM
Is that essentially an interest free loan?

No because you donít have to pay it back. Itís money that was never yours. Theyíll give you the remainder of the sign on afterwards.

misterpretzel
04-05-2018, 08:17 PM
So just to reiterate (sorry I'm new to all of this), if you don't participate in the program, you get the full bonus, and if you do, you get full bonus minus however much the program "costs"?

knewyork
04-06-2018, 05:07 AM
So just to reiterate (sorry I'm new to all of this), if you don't participate in the program, you get the full bonus, and if you do, you get full bonus minus however much the program "costs"?

Yes sir thatís correct. Donít apologize for asking questions.

misterpretzel
04-06-2018, 12:15 PM
Yes sir thatís correct. Donít apologize for asking questions.Unfortunately some other threads aren't as nice and accommodating as republic's. As an outsider, it really speaks volumes.

stfoley23
04-06-2018, 12:38 PM
Confirmed again with my recruiter:

1,000 hours R-ATP = 25 hours ME
ATP = 50 ME needed before training.

In other good news, she also told me that $17,500 sign on bonus have been extended at least through July :D

UnderCenter
04-06-2018, 01:37 PM
Confirmed again with my recruiter:

1,000 hours R-ATP = 25 hours ME
ATP = 50 ME needed before training.

:D

That doesnít make any sense. There is no difference in the regs for ATP vs RATP when it comes to multi time in an airplane vs a sim.

TheWeatherman
04-06-2018, 02:54 PM
That doesn’t make any sense. There is no difference in the regs for ATP vs RATP when it comes to multi time in an airplane vs a sim.
That's true. You have to be very careful with what the recruiters tell you as many of them were never pilots and do not fully understand the requirements. Surprising I know, but many times in the past Recruiters have brought people on board that were terminated during INDOC when it was found out they did not have all the requirements in place even though the recruiting department told them they were GTG.

Same with the other departments. I got wrong information that caused me not to have the correct R-ATP documentation for my ATP Oral. I would have had the oral pushed back if my old school wasn't so accommodating in getting it signed and next day air to my hotel.

In the past Republic has allowed people with less then 50 hours to start training knowing they will get 16 hours of multi in CPT and some more during training. But as somebody mentioned earlier in the thread it sounds like the FSDO may be putting a stop to that. So that is why they may be saying you need the full 50.

I would investigate further. Asking on here you may not get the right info as most of us only know from "when we went through training" and will not have the up to date info. Your best bet is to find somebody in class now. Good luck.

stfoley23
04-06-2018, 06:06 PM
That's true. You have to be very careful with what the recruiters tell you as many of them were never pilots and do not fully understand the requirements. Surprising I know, but many times in the past Recruiters have brought people on board that were terminated during INDOC when it was found out they did not have all the requirements in place even though the recruiting department told them they were GTG.

Same with the other departments. I got wrong information that caused me not to have the correct R-ATP documentation for my ATP Oral. I would have had the oral pushed back if my old school wasn't so accommodating in getting it signed and next day air to my hotel.

In the past Republic has allowed people with less then 50 hours to start training knowing they will get 16 hours of multi in CPT and some more during training. But as somebody mentioned earlier in the thread it sounds like the FSDO may be putting a stop to that. So that is why they may be saying you need the full 50.

I would investigate further. Asking on here you may not get the right info as most of us only know from "when we went through training" and will not have the up to date info. Your best bet is to find somebody in class now. Good luck.

I do take what the recruiters say with a grain of salt. However, I know everyone else from my 141 university, Kent State, has been going with 25 hours and getting in just fine. Thats why I am not worried about only doing 25 hours of multi-engine

UnderCenter
04-13-2018, 05:36 PM
Reconfirmed with my recruiter. On day 1 of indoc they are requiring all 1500 hours of flight time and 50 hours of multi. They are counting the 12 multi you get in the in-house ATP CTP or the 6 multi you get at the outsourced ATP CTP. So going into ATP CTP they are requiring between 38 and 44 hours of multi. The reason I was given is that it prevents any delays in training. This is straight from a recruiter at Republic. It is also stated in the offer letter.

blindfayth
04-13-2018, 09:28 PM
And my recruiter at Republic says I need 25 multi to qualify for my 1250 RATP before day one of indoc.

UnderCenter
04-13-2018, 10:20 PM
And my recruiter at Republic says I need 25 multi to qualify for my 1250 RATP before day one of indoc.

Once again, the RATP has nothing to do with how many multi hours you need at day one of indoc. RATP requires 50 just like the full ATP. It comes down to getting 25 in the sim which has no difference regulation wise between ATP vs RATP. Seems like the recruiters are not on the same page.

TJBrass
04-14-2018, 03:25 AM
Are those the same recruiters that brought in a 64+ years old new hire, only to see them "age-out" in Indoc?

blindfayth
04-14-2018, 04:30 AM
Seems like the recruiters are not on the same page.

That was the point I was making.

UnderCenter
04-14-2018, 05:26 AM
That was the point I was making.

I guess I will just need to speak to whoever is in charge of the recruiting department.

JAHawk
04-14-2018, 11:33 AM
There are multiple people in the most recent class who donít have 50 ME. All it does is delay your oral exam once you get to St. Louis for sims. Normally you do the oral the day before starting sims but multiple people in the newest class are doing them/scheduled for them in the middle of sims once the are scheduled to have 50. 4 hours per sim, 8-9 sims total including the checkride.

This is sub optimal since now you are worrying about your oral vs solely focusing on your sims/checkride prep. I would venture to say 50 is desired but not required - they arenít sending people home at least for not having it.

UnderCenter
04-14-2018, 11:53 AM
There are multiple people in the most recent class who donít have 50 ME. All it does is delay your oral exam once you get to St. Louis for sims. Normally you do the oral the day before starting sims but multiple people in the newest class are doing them/scheduled for them in the middle of sims once the are scheduled to have 50. 4 hours per sim, 8-9 sims total including the checkride.

This is sub optimal since now you are worrying about your oral vs solely focusing on your sims/checkride prep. I would venture to say 50 is desired but not required - they arenít sending people home at least for not having it.

Yeah thatís what I figured. My recruiter has been adamant about having the 50 at the start of indoc. Iíve reconfirmed 3 or 4 times and itís been the same every time. The problem I have is that the extra multi time I need will set me back 4000-6000 dollars which through the FTI will come out of my bonus. As far as I know, Republic is the only airline that is concerned about having 50 at the start of indoc.

ORD170
04-14-2018, 12:31 PM
Are those the same recruiters that brought in a 64+ years old new hire, only to see them "age-out" in Indoc?

Pretty sure the director of HR was let go because of that issue. Republic is very lean and cheap, so the recruiters are probably interns from Purdue!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excargodog
04-14-2018, 02:12 PM
LOL did someone say ďthatís super lameĒ in reference to Republic deducting a portion of a sign on bonus to pay for your multi time? Hahahaha oh lord. Iím still paying for that multi time that was required to even get a call from anywhere just a few years ago. Please do yourself a favor and never ever say anything like that inside a 121 flight deck.

What he said👍. In spades.....

FlyingSlowly
04-14-2018, 07:24 PM
My recruiter has been adamant about having the 50 at the start of indoc. Iíve reconfirmed 3 or 4 times and itís been the same every time. The problem I have is that the extra multi time I need will set me back 4000-6000 dollars which through the FTI will come out of my bonus. As far as I know, Republic is the only airline that is concerned about having 50 at the start of indoc.

Simple solution to your problem...Don't go to Republic.

PSA has no problem with just 25 hrs. And they're certainly not the only regional in that boat. Look around. Check out your options. That 4-6k is hard to recover on a regional salary.

Migz74
04-14-2018, 11:59 PM
For the people in my class it was 50 hr ME with unrestricted ATP requirements and 25 ME with restricted.

UnderCenter
04-15-2018, 04:55 AM
For the people in my class it was 50 hr ME with unrestricted ATP requirements and 25 ME with restricted.

I wonder how they are justifying this. It doesnít make any sense regulation wise.

Bruno82
04-16-2018, 09:20 AM
Does Republic have any problem with hiring someone with under 100 hrs in the last 12 months? I have 4330 hrs Part 121 with 350 PIC Part 121. I've been Part 91 for the past 6 years and flying has been dwindling at my current job.

stfoley23
04-16-2018, 11:16 AM
I wonder how they are justifying this. It doesnít make any sense regulation wise.

Because it has nothing to do with the regulations. Yes RATP and ATP multi requirements are the same. This is just purely a Republic preference and nothing to do with regs.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1