Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : The State of ACMI

WingOffLight
04-03-2018, 09:45 AM
Another post brought this subject to mind.

1) Applicant pool is drying up. Pilots that have degree, clean books and history are no longer applying. They are making more with flow at the large regionals. The applicants that are applying are trying to get away from 36th in Miami. Training / retraining events or rising in some cases.

2) Union wise the TA between Omni, Kalitta, ATI. Wont help line item 1. ATSG after that last TA I think may have the numbers to pull ABX into alpa should a merger and representation vote happen. There are no advantages running the two separate when they are on the same airframe and even share the MX, Dispatch, etc. ATLAS would be alone with teamsters representation with no argument for higher pay than the industry standards that have recently been set. Like it or not the ATI CBA sets the base of the curve. So face it pay is where it is and is going to be for the next 5yrs.

3) Amazon/DHL despite pilots thinking they are more than they really are with bag tags, hats, t-shirts your simply hired help. Its truly like an old metro pilot saying he is Northwest mainline. (oh how history repeats itself) You 60+ crowd my remember something there. If you don't have the respect to wear your own insignia then your need to self evaluate your posit. Its like flying for VS-31 Topcats will wearing a V"F"-31 Tomcatters patch. ** it may work for the girl at the end of the bar----once**

4)Sometime in the near future Cincinnati will have its own 36th street.

No Land 3
04-03-2018, 09:56 AM
People are still knocking down the doors at Kalitta. The fact they stopped going to job fairs except for WIA is telling. Not every pilot has dreams of doing hub and spoke flying, commuting, and dealing with PAX / FA’s. I think the only real threat K4 has is when Fed Ex and UPS open the flood gates, if they ever do.

Jurassic Jet
04-03-2018, 10:12 AM
4)Sometime in the near future Cincinnati will have its own 36th street.

That day has arrived.

WhiskeyKilo
04-03-2018, 10:49 AM
Another post brought this subject to mind.

1) Applicant pool is drying up. Pilots that have degree, clean books and history are no longer applying. They are making more with flow at the large regionals. The applicants that are applying are trying to get away from 36th in Miami. Training / retraining events or rising in some cases.

Speak for yourself. I've been trying to get on with Kalitta for a while. The applicant pool is drying up for ACMI's with crappy pay/contracts/QoL

Same stuff is happening at the regional level for GoJet, Mesa, Air Whiskey, Etc.

ThatFlyWelshGuy
04-03-2018, 03:13 PM
People are still knocking down the doors at Kalitta. The fact they stopped going to job fairs except for WIA is telling. Not every pilot has dreams of doing hub and spoke flying, commuting, and dealing with PAX / FA’s. I think the only real threat K4 has is when Fed Ex and UPS open the flood gates, if they ever do.

I think you’re right which is why I was so happy to get a call. They’re the best of the ACMI world right now and already coincide with my work lifestyle. Hoping it will be a great fit and remove my need for resume updates in the future.

Lockheed
04-03-2018, 11:33 PM
I think you’re right which is why I was so happy to get a call. They’re the best of the ACMI world right now and already coincide with my work lifestyle. Hoping it will be a great fit and remove my need for resume updates in the future.

Welcome aboard
I'm pretty sure we dont have Welshians?....till now

ThatFlyWelshGuy
04-04-2018, 06:01 AM
Welcome aboard
I'm pretty sure we dont have Welshians?....till now

Thank you but I still need to get through the Interview before congratulations are in order! I’d love to be the first Welsh lad though!

ocskyguy
04-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Thank you but I still need to get through the Interview before congratulations are in order! I’d love to be the first Welsh lad though!

Is Welshian a real word? So, you guys have any cool whisky like the Scots or Irish? I can be bribed. Just sayin'

ThatFlyWelshGuy
04-05-2018, 07:19 AM
Lol no welshian is not a real word. And I don’t believe so. They’re famous for sheep though so if one of those would float your boat!

Out Of Trim
04-07-2018, 07:43 AM
Lol no welshian is not a real word. And I don’t believe so. They’re famous for sheep though so if one of those would float your boat!
Look at the title of this thread. Of course, he’s interested.

Rolloutflare
04-07-2018, 02:46 PM
Let's not forget that when the Legacy Airlines furlough, those pilots come to the Supplemental world and drive the wages down, because now pilots are dime a dozen to that sectors management. So when a Legacy pilot says to the supplemental pilot that they should be ashamed for working for lower than industry standard. Remind them the Legacy pilot was the one that caused the lower scale in the supplemental world. So Mr/Mrs Legacy pilot. You want to help the industry? Don't take a job flying for lower than industry standard and help those that have a job when you don't, negotiate more money for themselves. Sarcasm, if your too stupid to realize what Point I'm trying to make.

maxjet
04-08-2018, 02:19 PM
Let's not forget that when the Legacy Airlines furlough, those pilots come to the Supplemental world and drive the wages down, because now pilots are dime a dozen to that sectors management. So when a Legacy pilot says to the supplemental pilot that they should be ashamed for working for lower than industry standard. Remind them the Legacy pilot was the one that caused the lower scale in the supplemental world. So Mr/Mrs Legacy pilot. You want to help the industry? Don't take a job flying for lower than industry standard and help those that have a job when you don't, negotiate more money for themselves. Sarcasm, if your too stupid to realize what Point I'm trying to make.

Very valid point

No Land 3
04-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Another point, legacy guys sometimes talk about regional guys taking away their flying, yet they were the ones that signed away scope clause to begin with!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1