Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Redeyes

seafeye
04-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Is it just me or are we seeing a lot more red eyes? (Into Charlotte) seems like there are more 4 day trips ending with a red eye as well. Looking forward to Jan 01/2019
SAN
SFO (2)
LAX
SMF
SEA
TUL
DEN
SLC
PHX
LAS
PDX

Al Czervik
04-03-2018, 02:42 PM
TUL? I thought DEN was short.

Saabs
04-03-2018, 03:06 PM
4 days that end early are awesome in my book. Assuming they aren’t a 17-20 hour four day.

seafeye
04-03-2018, 03:42 PM
Sorry TUS airport.
The night starts in DFW-TUS-CLT

DarinFred
04-03-2018, 04:21 PM
Give me a redeye at the end versus a 3 leg day with a EWK turn any day of the week!

PRS Guitars
04-03-2018, 08:39 PM
Is it just me or are we seeing a lot more red eyes? (Into Charlotte) seems like there are more 4 day trips ending with a red eye as well. Looking forward to Jan 01/2019

I’m guessing that 4 day trips with embedded red eyes will increase dramatically after (if) we get ACD. It’s a way for the company to get a red eye with little if any soft time.

Cheddar
04-04-2018, 05:44 AM
The way to take care of this is with a real ‘night rig.’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLPS30GRDWN
04-04-2018, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE=Cheddar;2564642]The way to take care of this is with a real ‘night rig.’

Does anyone have a good example of what a good night rig looks like? I know USAir has one that was a few extra bucks in the early am.

Also I saw that we’re going for a “average day” in openers how would that effect redeyes?

mainlineAF
04-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Another win for the 190[emoji23]

Saabs
04-04-2018, 12:03 PM
[QUOTE=Cheddar;2564642]The way to take care of this is with a real ‘night rig.’

Does anyone have a good example of what a good night rig looks like? I know USAir has one that was a few extra bucks in the early am.

Also I saw that we’re going for a “average day” in openers how would that effect redeyes?

Why would they go for an average day when they got it outside of section six?

jcountry
04-04-2018, 05:43 PM
The way to take care of this is with a real ‘night rig.’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way to fix this is to fire Carey now!

That dumb SOB negotiated this crap all by himself

PRS Guitars
04-04-2018, 07:06 PM
The way to fix this is to fire Carey now!

That dumb SOB negotiated this crap all by himself

What does Carey have to do with red eyes? Not following you...

Name User
04-05-2018, 04:19 AM
Well under Carey we got an 8%(?) raise and some profit sharing. We also now have an ACD which will go into effect next year.

I'm not sure why we'd vote him out at this point...doesn't make much sense to me.

mainlineAF
04-05-2018, 06:23 AM
Well under Carey we got an 8%(?) raise and some profit sharing. We also now have an ACD which will go into effect next year.

I'm not sure why we'd vote him out at this point...doesn't make much sense to me.

Agreed. Look how far the vehement anti-company attitude of the USAPA guys got us.

Laker24
04-05-2018, 01:54 PM

A lot of people are convinced APA had nothing to do with those improvements. They think Parker had to give those up because AA couldn’t attract and retain qualified talent. Then in other threads pilots complain that friends/kids can’t get interviews unless they are flow thrus or fighter pilots. Clearly AA is struggling to attract talent (sarcasm intended).

APA has problems but they deserve props for significant mid contract gains and possibly mgt deserves a little credit for resisting the traditional hard line stance.

jcountry
04-05-2018, 04:44 PM
What does Carey have to do with red eyes? Not following you...

I’m just replying to the guys who think Carey did good stuff.

He made a video claiming he got us a raise and profit sharing. He did not.

He sat down and negotiated this crap min calendar day agreement. No way should the pilots be paying for our own premium pay. That agreement is totally fully of holes. I guarantee it won’t be good for our trips

mainlineAF
04-05-2018, 05:02 PM
I’m just replying to the guys who think Carey did good stuff.

He made a video claiming he got us a raise and profit sharing. He did not.

He sat down and negotiated this crap min calendar day agreement. No way should the pilots be paying for our own premium pay. That agreement is totally fully of holes. I guarantee it won’t be good for our trips

Sounds like you have it all figured out. I assume you’re doing union work now?

PRS Guitars
04-05-2018, 05:20 PM

So you think ACD is crappy? I agree that we gave up some stuff to get it, and that part is crappy...but ACD itself is a great thing. Sounds like you've been listening to the PHL reps too much.

LuckyNow
04-06-2018, 10:50 AM
I’m guessing that 4 day trips with embedded red eyes will increase dramatically after (if) we get ACD. It’s a way for the company to get a red eye with little if any soft time.

The company had agreed that they will not build trips with embedded all-nighters with the exception of a very few city pairs (PHX-ANC being one I remember because that was being done on the 737 and there’s no PHX 737 base (yet?) ..)

If they attempted to bring those back, I would hope that any pilot that was awarded one would make sure they were able to get the proper rest before signing FFD.

I heard it from Carey’s mouth that these were not an option in ACD.

Name User
04-06-2018, 10:53 AM
ACD will be good for guys who live in base, for commuters it will probably suck unless they make the end of the trip a red eye on day four.

STL used to have 26-28 hour 4 days, lots of work but damn talk about efficient.