Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : QOL imporovements???

dothisbeasa
04-03-2018, 03:09 PM
Anyone hear anything from ALPA on QOL improvements coming down the pipe? Not an HVA but I'm close to upgrade and commuting to sit standby 19 days a month makes me sick...

bigtime209
04-03-2018, 05:12 PM
Anyone hear anything from ALPA on QOL improvements coming down the pipe? Not an HVA but I'm close to upgrade and commuting to sit standby 19 days a month makes me sick...

Absolutely zero QOL improvements are on the horizon. Any kind of RSV improvements are also dead. Sorry man.

Smutter
04-03-2018, 06:29 PM

Nothing even close, according to every rep.

BIueSideUp
04-03-2018, 07:06 PM
Work your game hard to try and get hired by a major or leave for a LCC before your hair starts graying prematurely.

Inop2
04-04-2018, 09:50 AM

During long term training and reserve .....you will question yourself if you want to do this job. It can be brutal. Hang in there....like going to the dentist...at some point it will be over.

dothisbeasa
04-04-2018, 01:51 PM
During long term training and reserve .....you will question yourself if you want to do this job. It can be brutal. Hang in there....like going to the dentist...at some point it will be over.

When youíre on airline number two because of it going under itís hard to see any positives to involuntary pergatorial reserve with no QOL.

Inop2
04-04-2018, 08:13 PM
When youíre on airline number two because of it going under itís hard to see any positives to involuntary pergatorial reserve with no QOL.

To ALL those asking about the QOL at Envoy.....

EmbaeDriver
04-07-2018, 07:20 PM
Rsv means no qol

Pedro4President
04-08-2018, 03:44 AM
Rsv means no qol

I completely disagree. I like reserve. Pay me 75 hours to fly 20!!!! Sign me up.

Envoy does reserve differently then most airlines.

EmbaeDriver
04-08-2018, 04:23 AM
I completely disagree. I like reserve. Pay me 75 hours to fly 20!!!! Sign me up.

Envoy does reserve differently then most airlines.

If you live in base, I strongly agree with you, but commuting?... nope!

flysooner9
04-08-2018, 05:01 AM
Senior rsv isnít all that bad as you can proffer for about any trip you want. I think the worse is middle of the list. To junior to get your proffered trips but to senior to ever get called off RAP. If your commuting that means every day and night in a crashpad.

flysooner9
04-08-2018, 05:02 AM
Add long call and maybe reduce the length of a stby assignment and I think Envoy has pretty good reserve.

Pedro4President
04-08-2018, 05:16 AM
If you live in base, I strongly agree with you, but commuting?... nope!

Oh absolutely. Commuting to reserve is the absolute worst thing one can experience in the 121 world apart from termination/furlough.

^^ agreed flysooner ....middle reserve has its own unique challenges as you describe but at least you are constantly sitting airport standby. Also reserve has to be staffed adequately. If it's not then it's just brutal. I'm worried about the summer time. 25ish CAs are about to move above me and I think that's going to keep me from holding a line.

mdot
04-08-2018, 12:16 PM
Add long call and maybe reduce the length of a stby assignment and I think Envoy has pretty good reserve.

Wow.......

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1