Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Bidding the A320 or E190

JAH0908
04-06-2018, 01:57 PM
Does anyone have any current info in regards to bidding for one airframe vs the other. QOL, trips, reserve time, the split of airframes being offered lately? etc... (for someone commuting from FL)

atrdriver
04-06-2018, 02:20 PM
Does anyone have any current info in regards to bidding for one airframe vs the other. QOL, trips, reserve time, the split of airframes being offered lately? etc... (for someone commuting from FL)

This is JetBlue. QOL will suck on either airframe.

Depending on where you commute from in FL you might want the Airbus so you can bid FLL and sit reserve at home. Don't count on getting 190 MCO for a long time.

Major airlines are hiring our FOs from either airframe, so it doesn't matter which one you get if you're trying to move on to an airline that actually offers some QOL and industry standard pay.

hyperboy
04-06-2018, 02:29 PM

I am in the 190 BOS I pick QOL (day tripper and productive day trips) over money 10% difference between the two right seats. That being said once we get a contract I will be gone to the 320.

Much of your answer deals with the work rules of a new contract, of which we have no idea when that will get done.

capt707
04-06-2018, 03:27 PM
It all sucks! Seriously.

JAH0908
04-06-2018, 03:39 PM
This is JetBlue. QOL will suck on either airframe.

Depending on where you commute from in FL you might want the Airbus so you can bid FLL and sit reserve at home. Don't count on getting 190 MCO for a long time.

Major airlines are hiring our FOs from either airframe, so it doesn't matter which one you get if you're trying to move on to an airline that actually offers some QOL and industry standard pay.

got it, thanks.

do you know how long before you can bid FLL?

JAH0908
04-06-2018, 03:40 PM
I am in the 190 BOS I pick QOL (day tripper and productive day trips) over money 10% difference between the two right seats. That being said once we get a contract I will be gone to the 320.

Much of your answer deals with the work rules of a new contract, of which we have no idea when that will get done.

thanks for the info!

HighFlight
04-06-2018, 06:16 PM
Currently it is rumored to be ~18 months.

got it, thanks.

NxNW
04-06-2018, 09:49 PM
Can anybody tell me about time to get to LGB? Or date of junior hire there?

Thanks!

captsurf
04-07-2018, 12:19 AM

Thanks!

LGB is a crap shoot. It’s gone from 1 year+, to a class with 4 involuntarily getting it in training. Most junior currently is an Aug ‘17 hire. But there haven’t been any vacancies in the past 2-3 system bids. Really depends on upgrades, as that will usually free up some slots, but I know a few people in JFK/BOS waiting to bid over to the west coast. So currently, not happening anytime soon out of training... but you never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captsurf
04-07-2018, 12:22 AM

On rsv on the bus JFK. Looks like reserve time will be right around 1 year from DOH based on the last system bid. QOL sucks, but living in base helps. Commuting will likely be easier for you to/from JFK with AA/DL/VA commute options added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeatNavy
04-07-2018, 06:58 AM

Thanks!

You can get really lucky as a west coaster and get the e190 out of training, then watch guys junior to you get forced LGB out of training shortly after, then when your seat lock is up 2 years later you can’t hold it for several bids.

This is an east coast airline. I came here a couple years ago and we were told we were going to expand the West coast. It hasn’t, and it just won’t happen without a merger/acq. If you live within driving distance to LGB, planning on coming here may ok if AA/DL/UA/FDX/UPS/SWA/ALK/K4 won’t hire you, so long as you are willing to commute to NY for a couple years. Otherwise as a west coaster I’d go to SKW/CPZ until one of the above call and avoid this place.

yayairplanes
04-07-2018, 08:36 AM
Do people usually bid for the 190 in class? I'm fairly young, so will be junior in my class, but really want to be on the bus. Would be a bit bummed if I got the 190. I'd live though.

David Puddy
04-07-2018, 09:15 AM
Do people usually bid for the 190 in class? I'm fairly young, so will be junior in my class, but really want to be on the bus. Would be a bit bummed if I got the 190. I'd live though.

Have you applied to Spirit or Frontier? Immediate Airbus seat!

atrdriver
04-07-2018, 09:33 AM

If the status quo continues you'll be bummed whichever plane you get. Avoid JB. Pay and QOL are horrible and it's a toxic place right now.

yayairplanes
04-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Hi guys, thanks for the super helpful information. Can't wait to work with you all.

nuball5
04-07-2018, 04:56 PM
If your commute is easier to BOS, then I'd opt for the 190. For JFK, the Airbus.

Gearswinger
04-07-2018, 05:09 PM

There are way more bus openings than 190, my class and a couple others I had friends in the 190 went senior. That said, you need to grow up and get over your shiny jet syndrome. Both pay garbage, both have the same garbage work rules, with the bus you’ll be doing red eyes.

pilotpayne
04-07-2018, 06:40 PM
There are way more bus openings than 190, my class and a couple others I had friends in the 190 went senior. That said, you need to grow up and get over your shiny jet syndrome. Both pay garbage, both have the same garbage work rules, with the bus you’ll be doing red eyes.

Right.
Man all I know is if you are going to be on reserve you want to be on the 190 vs the bus. Think red eyes red eyes oh and red eyes. The bus will still be there in two years it’s not the end of the world.

junglejet527
04-07-2018, 08:05 PM
How is seniority decided in class?

hilltopflyer
04-07-2018, 08:19 PM

Who can wear the most blue gloves at the same time.

Seriously. No joke...

junglejet527
04-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Lmao wonder who’s the first to bring a box of blue hospital gloves, would be priceless to see that

ThreeStripe
04-07-2018, 09:01 PM

By height......

Softpayman
04-08-2018, 12:53 AM

Oldest to youngest.

CaptCoolHand
04-08-2018, 05:14 AM
By height......

We did ours by length...

I was junior:o

yayairplanes
04-08-2018, 04:03 PM

Well, thanks for the info even though you still managed to get in a personal insult.

aldonite7667
04-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Who can wear the most blue gloves at the same time.

Seriously. No joke...

Don’t forget the wheel chair push race and the seat back bobbing contest.

CanoeBum
04-09-2018, 05:02 AM
Well, thanks for the info even though you still managed to get in a personal insult.

But will you “live” though? Just what we need another delicate juice box snowflake...

Papa Bear
04-09-2018, 05:25 AM
Who cares...
Any new hire with half a brain and a set of eyeballs will clearly be able to see what this place really is. I imagine most will be flying a 737 somewhere by this fall.

yayairplanes
04-09-2018, 06:55 AM
Oh man, I knew somebody was going to say snowflake. After I posted that, I thought to myself "I bet one of these precious snowflakes is going to call me a snowflake." It's the go-to for you type of people.

Lugar
04-09-2018, 07:01 AM
Who cares...
Any new hire with half a brain and a set of eyeballs will clearly be able to see what this place really is. I imagine most will be flying a 737 somewhere by this fall.

The same is said about virtually every airline on here. If you follow all the threads on here, it’s amazing ANY airline has pilots to fly their planes.

hilltopflyer
04-09-2018, 07:55 AM
Oh man, I knew somebody was going to say snowflake. After I posted that, I thought to myself "I bet one of these precious snowflakes is going to call me a snowflake." It's the go-to for you type of people.

Well bud.... it's sorta deserved for the you type of people

aldonite7667
04-09-2018, 08:12 AM

“You type of people”???? What’s that supposed to mean?

;-)

Bluedriver
04-09-2018, 09:35 AM

You deserved it.

hyperboy
04-09-2018, 10:05 AM
You deserved it.

How does someone deserve a personal insult for their opinion?

Sounds like the liberal agenda silence those with an opinion that don't match yours?

I don't get it? Is it because you can hide behind a screen name and bully and that makes it deserving?

CanoeBum
04-09-2018, 10:32 AM
How does someone deserve a personal insult for their opinion?

Sounds like the liberal agenda silence those with an opinion that don't match yours?

I don't get it? Is it because you can hide behind a screen name and bully and that makes it deserving?

He’s free to complain about the prospect of being assigned the 190, and we’re free to make fun of him for it.

Did you see the picture on BluePilots of DL’s seating area being packed to standing room while beside them bluejets seating area was empty at the latest job fair? What do you suppose would cause something like that? #keepsgettingbetter

hyperboy
04-09-2018, 10:39 AM
He’s free to complain about the prospect of being assigned the 190, and we’re free to make fun of him for it.

Did you see the picture on BluePilots of DL’s seating area being packed to standing room while beside them bluejets seating area was empty at the latest job fair? What do you suppose would cause something like that? #keepsgettingbetter

and you have never heard oh photo shop or taking a picture before it's open. Yes been to the events and seen the pictures. Not true. Shameful nothing better to do than fake photo's.

I would be the first to admit if it they were true...simply not. Fact.

hyperboy
04-09-2018, 10:43 AM

Try it in person rather than hiding behind the keyboard. Would you? Usually in the real world there would be possible repercussions to such insults. Just saying thats what makes it cowardly.

Bluedriver
04-09-2018, 10:44 AM
and you have never heard oh photo shop or taking a picture before it's open. Yes been to the events and seen the pictures. Not true. Shameful nothing better to do than fake photo's.

I would be the first to admit if it they were true...simply not. Fact.

Ha! I've learned, from experience, to believe nothing you say.

#keepsgettingbetter

Enough said.

CanoeBum
04-09-2018, 10:54 AM
Try it in person rather than hiding behind the keyboard. Would you? Usually in the real world there would be possible repercussions to such insults. Just saying thats what makes it cowardly.

Uhhh I would make fun of him in person for it too... pretty sure anyone that values our 190 fleet would. Maybe even you?

hyperboy
04-09-2018, 01:57 PM
Ha! I've learned, from experience, to believe nothing you say.

#keepsgettingbetter

Enough said.

It's funny how quiet you were at the 193 meeting yet here we go again.....You could have said anything to me you wanted to.....but you said nothing?......

I have never lied...ever here......Maybe it's you believe anything you hear?!

JB Donuts
04-09-2018, 02:18 PM
The E-190 will get you off reserve sooner, has better trips for junior guys (more productive, no redeyes, etc.), and you will build seniority/QOL sooner on the E190 than the bus.

As of the last system bid, the most junior pilot to hold the bus in FLL had just over 1 year on property. The most junior guys in MCO were 2 years for the E190 and 4 years for the bus.

If you want FLL, bid the bus. If you want MCO, bid the 190 (you can always swap over to the bus later).

Gordie H
04-09-2018, 03:06 PM
2+ years ago I had a choice and went 190. No regrets and no plans to goto the bus now. But I live in the Boston area.

If I lived in Florida, particularly FLL, I think I’d opt for the Bus. What Donuts said plus when we get a contract the pay differential between the two is expected to increase. Also if you intend to go elsewhere I would think the Bus type might be a bit more of a plus on the resume

One data point regarding the Bos 190 is we do have a number of trips with overnights in Florida bases…

atrdriver
04-09-2018, 03:20 PM

Clearly recruiting has hit rock bottom, so hopefully that means a contract is near! Let us know what you get awarded so the captains there can BOLO for you. :rolleyes:

Ispeakjive
04-09-2018, 03:41 PM
I think the JB 320 is a better stepping stone.

HighFlight
04-09-2018, 06:33 PM
Jesus Effing Murphy!! Can you Negative Nancies just keep the sh!tty posts in your threads, and not contaminate the threads of those who are trying to get to JB and improve their lives, and who actually believe in the company? You may not realize it, but those of you who are SO negative are in the minority at JB. You are only the majority here at APC.

If you have nothing constructive to say, then go post in the “latest and greatest” thread, or any of the myriad other ones that are contaminated by the 12 people here who think life sux so badly. Meanwhile, the new hires will keep coming, pushing you up on the SL, and you can make fun of them on the line. If you have the balls to do it in person, which I seriously doubt.

/rant over

aldonite7667
04-09-2018, 06:46 PM
Jesus Effing Murphy!! Can you Negative Nancies just keep the sh!tty posts in your threads, and not contaminate the threads of those who are trying to get to JB and improve their lives, and who actually believe in the company? You may not realize it, but those of you who are SO negative are in the minority at JB. You are only the majority here at APC.

If you have nothing constructive to say, then go post in the “latest and greatest” thread, or any of the myriad other ones that are contaminated by the 12 people here who think life sux so badly. Meanwhile, the new hires will keep coming, pushing you up on the SL, and you can make fun of them on the line. If you have the balls to do it in person, which I seriously doubt.

/rant over

You are definitely Jetblue material. Happy jetting!

Papa Bear
04-09-2018, 06:53 PM

/rant over
Walk in any 320 cockpit and you will clearly see how ****ed everyone is... a clear FUPM is visible...and it’s catching on:)

BeatNavy
04-09-2018, 07:10 PM

/rant over

12?!? Wait til you finally put on that blue shirt and you’ll see there are a lot more than 12 who are pi5$ed off. Enjoy your first blue summer on reserve...should go swimmingly!

PasserOGas
04-09-2018, 07:16 PM

/rant over

It was more than 12 of us that showed up to picket. I believe the words "historic" and "record breaking" were thrown around. But yeah, we are in the minority.

To the new hires, welcome aboard. Keep your apps warm and be ready for a fight.

HighFlight
04-09-2018, 07:35 PM
12, as in the number of JB whiners on here.

Look, I get it, the lack of a contract after 3+ years sucks. And I feel for you folks because of that. But it WILL come. Others have waited longer.

I’m not there, and I don’t know what “the suck” is like, but I talk to JB pilots in person who say it is not as bad as portrayed here on APC. Some are actually happy to be there. And for some regional pilots, it’s a step up QOL and pay wise. But it’s hard to put yourself in THEIR shoes when your shoes feel so pinched and miserable. But it can still be a better place to move up to for them.

aldonite7667
04-09-2018, 08:26 PM

Look, I get it, the lack of a contract after 3+ years sucks. And I feel for you folks because of that. But it WILL come. Others have waited longer.

I’m not there, and I don’t know what “the suck” is like, but I talk to JB pilots in person who say it is not as bad as portrayed here on APC. Some are actually happy to be there. And for some regional pilots, it’s a step up QOL and pay wise. But it’s hard to put yourself in THEIR shoes when your shoes feel so pinched and miserable. But it can still be a better place to move up to for them.

Nobody is going to tell you “they” suck. Pilots are proud. Bottom line, look at the numbers and the work rules. If Jetblue doesn’t suck to you, then you are probably unqualified or under qualified. That isn’t a knock. It just is what it is.

IQuitEagle
04-09-2018, 08:41 PM

/rant over

So I take it you are not a pilot at JB. How can you state so emphatically that you know those who are negative about the current state of affairs there are the minority? If you aspire to work at JB fine, but don't pretend like you know more about the company and the reality for pilots there than they do.

rvr1800
04-09-2018, 08:52 PM

/rant over

I can assure you it’s an overwhelming majority of our pilots who are ****ed off right now.

You say you “believe in the company” what exactly do you mean by that? If you believe it’s different than any other airline in terms of how pilots are treated you’re in for a rude awakening.

Bluedriver
04-09-2018, 08:53 PM
It's funny how quiet you were at the 193 meeting yet here we go again.....You could have said anything to me you wanted to.....but you said nothing?......

I have never lied...ever here......Maybe it's you believe anything you hear?!

Yeah... Just like I told you before, I do NOT trust you with any of my identifying information, and I don't want to hear any of your words.

I don't trust anyone who still thinks this place is the monkey's bananas while we are deep in a labor dispute and things have quite literally never been worse here.

So just because you go to a local meeting as a company plant and to give yourself some street cred to sell the #keepsgettingbetter message on APC, doesn't work for me!

Bluedriver
04-09-2018, 09:02 PM
I can assure you it’s an overwhelming majority of our pilots who are ****ed off right now.

You say you “believe in the company” what exactly do you mean by that? If you believe it’s different than any other airline in terms of how pilots are treated you’re in for a rude awakening.

This. All of this. Dude can "believe" in JB all he wants, the reality is that 20% of our pilots attended our first picketing event, with many more who wanted to be there but couldn't, myself included.

The morale here is bad, worst I've ever seen, and getting worse.

Like the other guy said, pilots are proud and not likely to admit how bad it really is or that they made a mistake coming here....

SideFlare
04-09-2018, 09:47 PM

/rant over

Yeah dude... Wait until you get accosted by a non-lanyard-wearing, company believing Captain for not cleaning during a (delayed) scheduled 38 minute turn in SFO when your release is not at the gate and the TDY maintainers are late because the rest of them got fired for time card fraud (mad props to the BOS and JFK guys that are sent out west to backfill that avalanche of debauchery). We’ll chat then. For those of you coming here and wanting to come here, welcome, and best of luck. You’re going to fly with the best in the industry. Steel yourselves for a fight and support the union. Don’t settle for second best. The contract will come if we stop accepting trash as the norm. Until that day, Fly SOP and wear your lanyard.

hyperboy
04-10-2018, 01:49 AM
Yeah... Just like I told you before, I do NOT trust you with any of my identifying information, and I don't want to hear any of your words.

I don't trust anyone who still thinks this place is the monkey's bananas while we are deep in a labor dispute and things have quite literally never been worse here.

So just because you go to a local meeting as a company plant and to give yourself some street cred to sell the #keepsgettingbetter message on APC, doesn't work for me!

You are still a coward! YOU had the chance to confront me and you chose the coward way as usual. Now you are accusing me of being a company plant on the internet but could not do it in person.

Yes I am aware that we are in a labor dispute. That is why I have done everything that has been asked of me yet you still attack. Funny how tough you are.........just not in person.

You continue to attack you fellow union brothers and sisters something opposite of what they encouraged at the meeting.

Are you going Rogue and trying to poison with your own venom?

Tow the Line not your little piece of cowardly yarn......

GuppyPuppy
04-10-2018, 05:18 AM

Which thread is that picture on?

Gup

Bluedriver
04-10-2018, 06:14 AM
You are still a coward! YOU had the chance to confront me and you chose the coward way as usual. Now you are accusing me of being a company plant on the internet but could not do it in person.

Yes I am aware that we are in a labor dispute. That is why I have done everything that has been asked of me yet you still attack. Funny how tough you are.........just not in person.

You continue to attack you fellow union brothers and sisters something opposite of what they encouraged at the meeting.

Are you going Rogue and trying to poison with your own venom?

Tow the Line not your little piece of cowardly yarn......

Sorry Rocky, I don't trust you.

Anyone who thinks this place is the dogs balls while things have never been worse either has very serious judgement issues or worse.

Since I do not trust you, I will not be identifying myself to you so you can use it against me when you get to be junior chief pilot. Also, I hear enough of your words on here, I definitely don't want to hear more of them...

CaptCoolHand
04-10-2018, 06:33 AM

/rant over

https://media.giphy.com/media/BKqoHeHlbcRvW/giphy.gif

We all believed in the company at one time or another... then the brutal reality sank in...

This is why we now have a union.

This is why we had over 700 bodies show up in NYC in freezing cold to show how much we no longer believe in "the company".

Bluedriver
04-10-2018, 07:17 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/BKqoHeHlbcRvW/giphy.gif

We all believed in the company at one time or another... then the brutal reality sank in...

This is why we now have a union.

This is why we had over 700 bodies show up in NYC in freezing cold to show how much we no longer believe in "the company".

WTF does that even mean! "Believe" in the worst paying (by far) major airline??? No thanks! Keep your cult!

Not at you Cool.

Bozo the pilot
04-10-2018, 06:41 PM

Youre not here- Then go away:D

hyperboy
04-11-2018, 05:46 PM
Sorry Rocky, I don't trust you.

Anyone who thinks this place is the dogs balls while things have never been worse either has very serious judgement issues or worse.

Since I do not trust you, I will not be identifying myself to you so you can use it against me when you get to be junior chief pilot. Also, I hear enough of your words on here, I definitely don't want to hear more of them...

You don't have to identify yourself we met last week....You can continue to "hide"..........

Not sure who Rocky is?

queue
04-11-2018, 07:03 PM
Yeah dude... Wait until you get accosted by a non-lanyard-wearing, company believing Captain for not cleaning during a (delayed) scheduled 38 minute turn in SFO when your release is not at the gate and the TDY maintainers are late because the rest of them got fired for time card fraud (mad props to the BOS and JFK guys that are sent out west to backfill that avalanche of debauchery). We’ll chat then. For those of you coming here and wanting to come here, welcome, and best of luck. You’re going to fly with the best in the industry. Steel yourselves for a fight and support the union. Don’t settle for second best. The contract will come if we stop accepting trash as the norm. Until that day, Fly SOP and wear your lanyard.

Don't accept that from a Captain. They are "Captains" simply wearing a costume.

They are not in the military where they can give you orders. They have no legal right to force you to do anything. You can always walk off the job. You are a free civilian and citizen of the United States, not a Chinese worker for Foxconn making iPhones in a country where your employer has legal powers.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

Bluedriver
04-11-2018, 08:37 PM
You don't have to identify yourself we met last week....You can continue to "hide"..........

Not sure who Rocky is?

Rocky Balboa champ. Since you're always calling people cowards and telling us to man up tough guy...

So no, champ, I won't be identifying myself to future junior chief pilot.

I'm just glad it's so much better at JB these days right?

JAH0908
04-20-2018, 05:43 PM
Can anyone from the last class tell me what was the split of aircraft type offered?

Gearswinger
04-20-2018, 06:15 PM
Spoke to the 190 training manager a few weeks ago. They haven’t been putting people I to the 190. Only the bus for the last few classes and the next couple. Any slots will be 1 or 2. Majority are bus.

Bozo the pilot
04-20-2018, 06:18 PM
Spoke to the 190 training manager a few weeks ago. They haven’t been putting people I to the 190. Only the bus for the last few classes and the next couple. Any slots will be 1 or 2. Majority are bus.

190 is going away.

JAH0908
04-21-2018, 05:40 AM

Ok cool, thanks for the info. Kinda figured that.

Bluedriver
04-21-2018, 08:07 AM
190 is going away.

The way this place runs it's operations, the A320 may be going away.

rvr1800
04-21-2018, 08:13 AM
190 is going away.

Yeah maybe but the flying the 190 does is not. That’s my biggest gripe about it. Regional flying. But it could be worse. They could say “operated by” on the side of them. Scope!

Toonces
04-21-2018, 10:44 AM
Can anyone from the last class tell me what was the split of aircraft type offered?

17 people in class. Vacancies were 47 bus JFK, 9 190 JFK, 9 bus BOS, 9 190 BOS. Everyone got what they wanted except for one.

Next class I've been told its almost all 190.

Papa Bear
04-24-2018, 02:31 AM
Historically you will get MCO based faster...but one never knows at this JokeTown.

Bozo the pilot
04-24-2018, 06:02 AM
The way this place runs it's operations, the A320 may be going away.

Just read this- Awesome:D

Bozo the pilot
04-24-2018, 06:04 AM
Yeah maybe but the flying the 190 does is not. That’s my biggest gripe about it. Regional flying. But it could be worse. They could say “operated by” on the side of them. Scope!

C-series. Will you fly it without a CBA?

thrufru
04-24-2018, 06:24 AM
got it, thanks.

I'll give you my experience: I was assigned BOS 190 in training (June '16). I live in Miami. Commuting is not an issue in terms of getting from FLL to BOS or back, but it is certainly an issue when it comes to QOL as it's rare to have trips that are commutable on both sides. That being said, I was a line holder within 3 months and in less than two years, I'm nearly half way up the seniority list in BOS. I average 1 night in FLL on 3 day trips and 2 nights in FLL on 4 day trips. I'm home a lot. The 4 guys that got the 320 were on RSV for over a year in JFK.

Keep in mind that JB has a 2 year seat lock as well. When I came on, I wasn't so concerned about not getting the 320 because for the previous 3 or 4 years the wait to get into FLL was 2 years, meaning my seat lock would be expiring on the 190 just as I'd be able to hold FLL. Funny enough, though, that wait fell to 15 months. It's good in that when I finally comes down to FLL at the end of this summer on the 320, I'll have a few dozen guys below me.

Overall, I've enjoyed my time on the 190, but I'm absolutely looking forward to being home based and getting a significant bump in pay. Let's be honest, 10% is actually a pretty nice chunk of change. I'm also looking forward to leaving 4 leg days behind me, though that comes with the trade off of moving to a fleet that does redeye flying.

For my class, it was easy. The 4 oldest guys took the 320 leaving the rest of us with a choice of BOS or JFK on the 190. Our airframe was selected for us.

If your goal is to get to FLL ASAP, bid the 320, keeping in mind that while your reserve time will be longer, you'll likely get to FLL sooner.

rvr1800
04-24-2018, 06:35 AM
C-series. Will you fly it without a CBA?

I see what you’re getting at but we don’t have a CBA to fall back on like the Southwest guys did. We wouldn’t have a choice.

Bozo the pilot
04-24-2018, 10:44 AM
I see what you’re getting at but we don’t have a CBA to fall back on like the Southwest guys did. We wouldn’t have a choice.

Im more curious if they would even try it without a CBA- I know we have zero choices with this current $hit sandwich that is Jetblew rvr.

ARL120384
04-30-2018, 11:03 AM
I'll give you my experience: I was assigned BOS 190 in training (June '16). I live in Miami. Commuting is not an issue in terms of getting from FLL to BOS or back, but it is certainly an issue when it comes to QOL as it's rare to have trips that are commutable on both sides. That being said, I was a line holder within 3 months and in less than two years, I'm nearly half way up the seniority list in BOS. I average 1 night in FLL on 3 day trips and 2 nights in FLL on 4 day trips. I'm home a lot. The 4 guys that got the 320 were on RSV for over a year in JFK.

Keep in mind that JB has a 2 year seat lock as well. When I came on, I wasn't so concerned about not getting the 320 because for the previous 3 or 4 years the wait to get into FLL was 2 years, meaning my seat lock would be expiring on the 190 just as I'd be able to hold FLL. Funny enough, though, that wait fell to 15 months. It's good in that when I finally comes down to FLL at the end of this summer on the 320, I'll have a few dozen guys below me.

Overall, I've enjoyed my time on the 190, but I'm absolutely looking forward to being home based and getting a significant bump in pay. Let's be honest, 10% is actually a pretty nice chunk of change. I'm also looking forward to leaving 4 leg days behind me, though that comes with the trade off of moving to a fleet that does redeye flying.

For my class, it was easy. The 4 oldest guys took the 320 leaving the rest of us with a choice of BOS or JFK on the 190. Our airframe was selected for us.

If your goal is to get to FLL ASAP, bid the 320, keeping in mind that while your reserve time will be longer, you'll likely get to FLL sooner.

Just think how good a 40% pay bump would be.

FUPM

Speedbird2263
04-30-2018, 03:45 PM

I'll echo 'thrufu' in timeline and experience. I'm JFK 190, live in Fort Lauderdale, been here about 2 years & spent maybe 4/5 months on RSV in JFK out of groundschool and have held a solid line since. I'm also home quite a bit bidding FLL layovers and with some of those triple FLL layovers, life here sometimes has the fleeting appearance of being a breeze. The commute is easy however, it's still a commute and I personally detest commuting to the n'th power. My utmost respect to those that commute for a career whether by choice or circumstance.

With that said I've walked the line in the cold with my fellow brethren and sistren and will not hesitate to do so again if able as I firmly believe that we deserve a market rate contract and as much as B6 isn't everyone's cup of tea, you at least pay me market rate and I can look past the greener grass over the septic tank. YMMV.

Bozo the pilot
04-30-2018, 05:32 PM
I'll echo 'thrufu' in timeline and experience. I'm JFK 190, live in Fort Lauderdale, been here about 2 years & spent maybe 4/5 months on RSV in JFK out of groundschool and have held a solid line since. I'm also home quite a bit bidding FLL layovers and with some of those triple FLL layovers, life here sometimes has the fleeting appearance of being a breeze. The commute is easy however, it's still a commute and I personally detest commuting to the n'th power. My utmost respect to those that commute for a career whether by choice or circumstance.

With that said I've walked the line in the cold with my fellow brethren and sistren and will not hesitate to do so again if able as I firmly believe that we deserve a market rate contract and as much as B6 isn't everyone's cup of tea, you at least pay me market rate and I can look past the greener grass over the septic tank. YMMV.

I really hope you're looking past rates my friend

Speedbird2263
04-30-2018, 05:35 PM
I really hope you're looking past rates my friend

Oh I am, I’d be remiss if I weren’t.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1