Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Hey guysó

Bootleg
04-06-2018, 02:29 PM
Can someone give me the skinny on the interview there at Envoy. A friend asked me if I knew anything about it and I said Iíd try to find out.

No he isnít a member here.

Thanks in advance for the help.

JulesWinfield
04-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Everyone is hiring into a pool right now.

havick206
04-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Can someone give me the skinny on the interview there at Envoy. A friend asked me if I knew anything about it and I said Iíd try to find out.

No he isnít a member here.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tell him to join aviationinterviews.com and pay the $10 fee or whatever it is now and the interview will go exactly how all the reviews and question list on there says.

NoValueAviator
04-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Read Jepp plates pertaining to DFW, arrivals, departures, taxi diagram.
IFR questions: when do I need a second t/o alternate, RVSM, etc.
V1,V2, accelerate-stop etc. but nothing else related to jets or systems or anything.
HR: act like a normal human and be able to talk to the guy about something.

Bootleg
04-06-2018, 04:59 PM
I appreciate it fellows. I could tell him all about how it was back in the bad old days. New game in town now tho

SilentLurker
04-06-2018, 06:21 PM
I appreciate it fellows. I could tell him all about how it was back in the bad old days. New game in town now tho

Tell him no sim ride, no written test, no hogan or personality test, and the best part is if he can pretend to be normal, and like able for 3-4hrs, this could be the very last interview in his career.

flysooner9
04-06-2018, 07:24 PM
Tell him no sim ride, no written test, no hogan or personality test, and the best part is if he can pretend to be normal, and like able for 3-4hrs, this could be the very last interview in his career.

Yeah just have to sit around for 6-10 years while thousands of people get hired before him.

Bootleg
04-07-2018, 03:05 AM
Sure looks like a lot of hiring going on. Now and into the future. Thatís good for everybody.

Bootleg
04-07-2018, 03:16 AM
Was just reading some interview experiences on aviation interviews. One said something about a baron sim ride? Is that for the direct entry captains or was it an old review?

Do the DECís go thru the same interview?

Thanks gents.

highfarfast
04-07-2018, 04:23 AM
Was just reading some interview experiences on aviation interviews. One said something about a baron sim ride? Is that for the direct entry captains or was it an old review?

Do the DECís go thru the same interview?

Thanks gents.

Could be an old interview. There was a time where everyone did a sim ride. I think the only time they use it now is for someone without recent flight experience.

Pilots with prior 121 experience skip the technical interview and only do the HR interview.

BigZ
04-07-2018, 05:22 AM
Could be an old interview. There was a time where everyone did a sim ride. I think the only time they use it now is for someone without recent flight experience.

Pilots with prior 121 experience skip the technical interview and only do the HR interview.
Yup, Baron sim is for the guys with less than 100 hrs in the last year

Bootleg
04-12-2018, 06:37 AM
Yup, Baron sim is for the guys with less than 100 hrs in the last year

So if a guy wasnít current but went out and rented a 172 for a hundred hoursó-then no sim ride?

smitty328
04-12-2018, 06:43 AM
So if a guy wasnít current but went out and rented a 172 for a hundred hoursó-then no sim ride?

No offense, but if you need to spend the time and money for 100 hours in a 172 to avoid a sim ride, this may not be the job for you.

E175 Driver
04-12-2018, 06:50 AM
No offense, but if you need to spend the time and money for 100 hours in a 172 to avoid a sim ride, this may not be the job for you.

ouch.:eek:

Bootleg
04-12-2018, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=Bootleg;2571080]

Hypothetical situation, not related to anyone in particular. Figured you guys would pick up on the irony.

BtwóI was a captain there for years and did plenty of sim rides.

All successful.

Bootleg
04-12-2018, 04:25 PM
I do, however realize there are some that would do just that.

Bigpimppilot
04-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Have you seen the price of 100ll this decade? :eek:

Bruno82
04-12-2018, 05:51 PM
Does anyone know the profile of the Baron sim portion of the interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flysooner9
04-12-2018, 07:34 PM

Havenít you been flying? Only have to do the sim if youíve flown less then 100 hours in the last year.

BigZ
04-12-2018, 08:26 PM

I've heard takeoff, vectors, ILS - nothing crazy. Definitely no TR deployment at V2 or any other space shuttle commander stuff

Paid2fly
04-12-2018, 09:35 PM
I've heard takeoff, vectors, ILS - nothing crazy. Definitely no TR deployment at V2 or any other space shuttle commander stuff

When did they start putting TR's on Barons?:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

EmbaeDriver
04-12-2018, 10:14 PM

They started to do that again? I did my interview 2 years ago and couple of months after me they stopped doing it.

For me it was intercepting/tracking VOR Radials, a hold, VOR approach at DFW to go missed, and that was it basically.

Bootleg
04-13-2018, 03:27 AM
Iím pretty sure that will disappear whenever the big 3 really start bleeding. 2020 was it?

Bruno82
04-13-2018, 08:05 AM
Haven’t you been flying? Only have to do the sim if you’ve flown less then 100 hours in the last year.
I do technically have over 100 hours in the last year, but since it's a single pilot plane and we fly it as a crew, I have less than 100 logged time. Our hours have dwindled.

NoValueAviator
04-13-2018, 10:04 AM
I do technically have over 100 hours in the last year, but since it's a single pilot plane and we fly it as a crew, I have less than 100 logged time. Our hours have dwindled.

I wouldn't sweat it, my little brother did the sim interview and they literally paused the sim so he could figure out his hold entry, lol.

Bootleg
04-13-2018, 12:35 PM
I wouldn't sweat it, my little brother did the sim interview and they literally paused the sim so he could figure out his hold entry, lol.

What kind of sim?

Also- do the other 2 wo carriers do a sim ride? Havenít heard that mentioned although one has some kinda written test.

Pilotman7700
04-14-2018, 10:59 AM
I interviewed about a month ago.

They pay for airfare and a hotel the night prior if needed. Day of, the shuttle leaves the hotel for Envoy HQ at about 0715 for a 0800 start. Checked in and they had us review some paperwork and gather up all our documents and logbooks to give to them. They then gave us about an hour brief going over their recruiting brochure. After that we were taken one by one for the HR and technical interviews. Each one was conducted separately. We had one guy in our group that had to do the sim, he hadn't flown in about 10 years. He did it in the E145. Not sure if they just don't have the baron that everyone is talking about anymore or if they used the 145 for him since he was a prior KC-135 pilot. It's accurate that you only need to do the sim if you've flown less than 100 hours in the last year. They provide lunch for you as well.

The HR consists of basic HR questions. The technical is basic 121 regs for alternates, airspeeds, etc. It's also heavy on Jepps for the DFW area (pretty much what most have already stated). Gouges are dead on for everything they are currently asking.

If it doesn't go well for you they will ask you to leave once everyone has completed their interviews. If you do get a pre-job offer they will take your fingerprints and do a drug test then let you go. After the background checks are done they will hold a Captain's Review Board and select whether or not you are actually a go or no go. That took about 3 weeks for me. If you pass that you will get your Conditional Job Offer in your email and then get put into a hiring pool because they are really behind right now on Captains and don't want to flood to many FOs into the system. Hopes this helps.

Bruno82
04-14-2018, 06:58 PM
Thanks. Did the guy mention the sim profile?

Whiskey4
04-14-2018, 08:25 PM
Thanks. Did the guy mention the sim profile?

No sim profile. Basic instructions given prior to the event. Seems to look for scan, multi-tasking, ability to follow instructions, CRM (call for gear, flaps, etc.), good approach briefing...

Bruno82
04-14-2018, 08:53 PM
No sim profile. Basic instructions given prior to the event. Seems to look for scan, multi-tasking, ability to follow instructions, CRM (call for gear, flaps, etc.), good approach briefing...

Thank you.

flysooner9
04-14-2018, 11:40 PM
Also remember to hand the airplane over to the non flying pilot (interviewer) when you brief your hold and approach.

Pedro4President
04-15-2018, 03:29 AM

They pay for airfare and a hotel the night prior if needed. Day of, the shuttle leaves the hotel for Envoy HQ at about 0715 for a 0800 start. Checked in and they had us review some paperwork and gather up all our documents and logbooks to give to them. They then gave us about an hour brief going over their recruiting brochure. After that we were taken one by one for the HR and technical interviews. Each one was conducted separately. We had one guy in our group that had to do the sim, he hadn't flown in about 10 years. He did it in the E145. Not sure if they just don't have the baron that everyone is talking about anymore or if they used the 145 for him since he was a prior KC-135 pilot. It's accurate that you only need to do the sim if you've flown less than 100 hours in the last year. They provide lunch for you as well.

The HR consists of basic HR questions. The technical is basic 121 regs for alternates, airspeeds, etc. It's also heavy on Jepps for the DFW area (pretty much what most have already stated). Gouges are dead on for everything they are currently asking.

If it doesn't go well for you they will ask you to leave once everyone has completed their interviews. If you do get a pre-job offer they will take your fingerprints and do a drug test then let you go. After the background checks are done they will hold a Captain's Review Board and select whether or not you are actually a go or no go. That took about 3 weeks for me. If you pass that you will get your Conditional Job Offer in your email and then get put into a hiring pool because they are really behind right now on Captains and don't want to flood to many FOs into the system. Hopes this helps.

Thanks for the info. Do you mind starting a new thread and transferring the gouge? We have people continually ask for it but we don't have one on here.

Tellheritwasntu
04-15-2018, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the info. Do you mind starting a new thread and transferring the gouge? We have people continually ask for it but we don't have one on here.

Aviationinterviews lays it all out on the table. They have every possible HR and technical question that could possibly be asked in the Envoy specific interview. You will probably not be asked a question that is not on that website!!!!! Most of the answers to the technical questions are actually there too! Pay the $20 or whatever it was and use that website.

Me personally, before I went to interview I printed out all the questions, made a answer to every possible HR question (because I'm traditionally terrible at hr). I studied the tech questions and read through the jeppesen charts guide. Here's the link.
http://ww1.jeppesen.com/documents/aviation/business/ifr-paper-services/glossary-legends.pdf
On my study breaks/days off I worked on my logbook and got the mountain of paperwork neatly in order.

Did I mention to pay for aviationinterviews? It has half of the answers and all of the exact possible questions you will be asked.

That website is the gouge and there are dozens of actual envoy experiences on there!

Bootleg
04-15-2018, 06:19 AM

Thanks 😎. Good info

Bruno82
04-15-2018, 06:44 AM
Also remember to hand the airplane over to the non flying pilot (interviewer) when you brief your hold and approach.

Thanks. Iíve been revisiting everything I can from the EMB sim profiles. I hope I get the EMB sim.

Captain Kirk
04-15-2018, 02:41 PM
The sim is a Frasca set up like a Baron.
You will only do a sim ride if you do not have 100 hours in the last 12 months.
The 145 sims are at the AA training academy and you will not be going there.
The Frasca is at Envoy HQ/schoolhouse where you will be doing your interview.

Bruno82
04-17-2018, 07:36 AM
For anyone that has done the DEC or 1000+ Part 121 time interview, are the HR questions on aviationinterviews.com accurate? I've been using them for preparation.

Tellheritwasntu
04-17-2018, 07:39 AM
For anyone that has done the DEC or 1000+ Part 121 time interview, are the HR questions on aviationinterviews.com accurate? I've been using them for preparation.

Did you not read post number 33 on this thread?

Bruno82
04-17-2018, 07:50 AM
Did you not read post number 33 on this thread?

I did. I just wanted to see if there was any difference in the abbreviated interview. Thanks for posting your experience.

Bigpimppilot
04-17-2018, 09:26 AM
Make sure you ďverifyĒ your flight time with recruitment before you show up to class

griff312
04-23-2018, 02:55 PM
Make sure you ďverifyĒ your flight time with recruitment before you show up to class

Man, it's been 8 years or so, since I interviewed with Envoy, (Eagle at the time...). Not sure if it's changed, but I DO remember this: They were VERY strict on the accuracy of your hours. IE, What's on your airlineapps hour matrix when you apply, better match accurately in your logbook when you show up for the interview. And have all of your significant events tabbed (ie checkrides, the line entry of when you hit certain minimums, like 1500 hrs, ect.). I triple counted every total in my logbook. Made sure everything added up (day + night = TT, IFR + VFR = TT, ect...), and updated the airlineapps just before the final submission that makes it on the desk the day of the interview. Any hours I flew between that day, and the interview just simply didn't get logged until after the interview. I imagine the same accuracy is in order for when you start training, for your 8710 (IACRA) the day of your type ride / ATP ride.

in2deep
04-24-2018, 03:47 AM
Man, it's been 8 years or so, since I interviewed with Envoy, (Eagle at the time...). Not sure if it's changed, but I DO remember this: They were VERY strict on the accuracy of your hours. IE, What's on your airlineapps hour matrix when you apply, better match accurately in your logbook when you show up for the interview. And have all of your significant events tabbed (ie checkrides, the line entry of when you hit certain minimums, like 1500 hrs, ect.). I triple counted every total in my logbook. Made sure everything added up (day + night = TT, IFR + VFR = TT, ect...), and updated the airlineapps just before the final submission that makes it on the desk the day of the interview. Any hours I flew between that day, and the interview just simply didn't get logged until after the interview. I imagine the same accuracy is in order for when you start training, for your 8710 (IACRA) the day of your type ride / ATP ride.

I basically just sneezed on my logbook the day of my ride and didnít have any issues lol

Bruno82
04-24-2018, 05:22 AM
Does the paperwork that they send to fill out and bring to the interview need to be dated the date of the interview or can it be dated prior?

AZPilotMike
04-24-2018, 05:35 AM
I basically just sneezed on my logbook the day of my ride and didnít have any issues lol

Yeah basically my experience as well. They work up the logbook review during indoctrination like it is the second coming of christ yet I honestly cant remember the examiner giving it more than a second look. I am sure they did and I just was excited to be getting it done, but it surely wasn't a big drawn out ordeal. In addition, I didn't have a traditional logbook, digital only and due to an issue many years ago, I had to provide 8710's to back up my data, so I would be a worst case scenario in terms of verifying everything.

402FreightDog
04-24-2018, 10:31 AM

A lot depends how much flight time and ratings you have. They want to make sure you have all the flight time you need so you can get your ratings. Now, Iím sure they want to document any qualifying time towards captain upgrade. They want to be able to force you to that left seat as soon as they can, especially if they are paying you bonus as an HVA.

I had my my ATP, but no qualifying time when I started. They made a big deal about bringing it to Indoc, but no one looked at my logbook then and I didnít need it for the type ride either.

V12Merlin
04-24-2018, 02:34 PM
Hello fellas,

Old guy here with exp, got an interview in June. Getting hints about what to expect from the previous replys. I guess i'm signing up for the HVA deal. Looks like life on RR in LGA, but to tell you the truth--I don't really mind it.

So about the sim deal--is it set up with a g1000 as a Baron or ??

The last one (frasca) that I flew was in the late 80's and it was a pile of junk.

Thanks for any info.

FullThrust
04-24-2018, 03:13 PM
Hello fellas,

Old guy here with exp, got an interview in June. Getting hints about what to expect from the previous replys. I guess i'm signing up for the HVA deal. Looks like life on RR in LGA, but to tell you the truth--I don't really mind it.

The last one (frasca) that I flew was in the late 80's and it was a pile of junk.

Thanks for any info.

It is a Baron FTD with G1000 setup.

havick206
04-24-2018, 03:17 PM
Hello fellas,

Thanks for any info.

If youíre worried about currency go to a flight school and do an hour in the Sim to brush up and blow out the cobwebs before game day.

As simple as the interview/Sim is you donít wanna ham it up just because you havenít touched one in years and itís solely down to currency

flysooner9
04-24-2018, 03:31 PM
Btw it is super sensitive so donít try to overfly it

Bigpimppilot
04-24-2018, 03:32 PM
Make sure you validate all your flight time BEFORE first day of class. Make sure you get ALL your bonus checks when everyone else gets theirs.

V12Merlin
04-24-2018, 05:24 PM
Make sure you validate all your flight time BEFORE first day of class. Make sure you get ALL your bonus checks when everyone else gets theirs.

My logbook has about half a pound of white out in it. Hope that doesnít count off.

V12Merlin
04-24-2018, 05:25 PM
If youíre worried about currency go to a flight school and do an hour in the Sim to brush up and blow out the cobwebs before game day.

As simple as the interview/Sim is you donít wanna ham it up just because you havenít touched one in years and itís solely down to currency

Thatís exactly what Iíve got planned. Good advice sir, thank you!

V12Merlin
04-24-2018, 05:26 PM
It is a Baron FTD with G1000 setup.

Much appreciated, thank you sir!

NoValueAviator
04-25-2018, 08:13 PM
I hope you do come here, obviously the airline needs to bleed to flush out some of the poison, but I like your grit.

V12Merlin
04-26-2018, 05:12 AM
Thanks man! Mabee we will fly a month together.

Looking forward.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1