Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Application question

FU509
04-08-2018, 01:39 PM
I've applied every year since they removed the oceanic experience requirement. Every year I get the same negative automatic response. Does UPS have an unposted minimum time? Heavy still required?

My back ground is mostly part 91. I'm at a regional now getting 121 experience. Over 4K total. Over 2k PIC turb. Four type ratings and a four year degree. Any info would be great. Thanks for the time.

BrownDoubles
04-08-2018, 05:35 PM
I've applied every year since they removed the oceanic experience requirement. Every year I get the same negative automatic response. Does UPS have an unposted minimum time? Heavy still required?

My back ground is mostly part 91. I'm at a regional now getting 121 experience. Over 4K total. Over 2k PIC turb. Four type ratings and a four year degree. Any info would be great. Thanks for the time.

If I were you I would hit a job fair and ask them in person what they want to see on your resume. After that... keep hitting job fairs until they get tired of seeing you and invite you to an interview or tell you to go away; after the "go away" I would hit three more to just to make sure they mean it.

CL300
04-09-2018, 05:05 AM

You may be light on total time for a civilian pilot. Most new hires from the civilian side typically have 7,000-12,000 TT. The good about being at a regional is you'll build time quickly and be within that window in the next couple years. The job fair is good advice too, start bugging them so they can put a face to a name.

gsphuntr
04-09-2018, 06:03 AM
I had a buddy apply - 6800 TT 2000+ jet PIC, all the boxes checked, extra curriculars, etc...I even went over his application before submitting - looked perfect - the computer rejected him. Iím thinking the TT parameters for not checking the Mil box have been raised... plenty hired just north of 7,000 TT....So, going out on a limb here... Iím thinking 7,000 TT is the magic number. Good luck and keep at it.

Harrisburg
04-10-2018, 02:05 AM
If I were you I would hit a job fair and ask them in person what they want to see on your resume. After that... keep hitting job fairs until they get tired of seeing you and invite you to an interview or tell you to go away; after the "go away" I would hit three more to just to make sure they mean it.

That's a lot of work for the most stagnated gig in the industry.

LowandFast
04-12-2018, 05:03 AM
The more International experience boxes checked help as well. Buddy of mine, corporate guy, is into the system now and has under 7000 but has checked all but maybe one of the international boxes, with no Heavy time.