Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Hotels....

midlifeflysis
04-11-2018, 06:18 AM
Hey RAH guys. I wanted to see what the hotel situation is like on your trips. What brands? What cities have the best/worst hotels? Do you get points for your stays? etc..

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Rahlifer
04-11-2018, 07:23 AM
Hey RAH guys. I wanted to see what the hotel situation is like on your trips. What brands? What cities have the best/worst hotels? Do you get points for your stays? etc..

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Most hotels are generally LaQuintas, Holiday Inns, Comfort Inns, with a few Double Trees and Hamptons sprinkled in there. The only hotels that I'm aware of that give us points for stays are the LGA Hampton and the holiday inn in Cleveland.

sflpilot
04-11-2018, 05:55 PM
The RAH hotel situation was always one of my biggest grievances with them.

TheWeatherman
04-11-2018, 06:54 PM
noooooooo poooooooooints. Hotels change constantly so not even going to attempt a gouge

ORD170
04-12-2018, 04:36 AM
Hotels were the weak spot in contract. Never noticed how few other crews stayed at some of our hotels, until I moved on. I believe points are rare in the Airlines, but some hotels offer them.

midlifeflysis
04-12-2018, 01:50 PM
Thanks guys - kinda a bummer that the hotels are pretty low-end but like you said, the rest of the contract and pay are pretty good, so can't have everything. Any cities or hotels that should be avoided or any that are actually pretty good?

Appreciate the replies.

knewyork
04-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Thanks guys - kinda a bummer that the hotels are pretty low-end but like you said, the rest of the contract and pay are pretty good, so can't have everything. Any cities or hotels that should be avoided or any that are actually pretty good?

Appreciate the replies.

I donít mind the hotels really. There are a few that arenít up to par. I bid short trips so usually have short overnights and all I need is a clean place with a gym. Most of them see like that. Last nights hotel was clean and new, tonightís is well liked, and on my last trip, all 3 hotels were fine. Double tree, Hampton inn, crown plaza. Galt house in SDF is nice as is the double tree in Omaha. Ottawa is downtown with lots to see. Portland ME is a short Uber ride away from the coast/clam chowder. Birmingham is a fun little area. The new MSP hotel is nice.

Iím not into free breakfasts because how many eggs and sausages (good or bad quality) do I need to eat in a week?

Cedar Rapids is my least favorite along with Des Moines. The hotels kinda fit the area. Dunno what it is but Iowa seems run down. CVG is boring, as is PIT, CLE, and CMH (nothing around). JAX is our most common Florida overnight and is nowhere near a beach and seems to be in a crack/heroin addicted community. Though the hotel itself is a crown plaza and is fine. Just donít walk too far.

Anyway, I enjoy the ones that are downtown but itís not my top preference with the short overnights that I bid for. So in that way, yes, our hotels leave something to be desired. But very few I would have a problem putting my own family in. Most are clean. Keep in mind Iíve overnighted in about 50 cities, almost entirely doing UA flying... which still leaves many of the American and Delta overnights off my list.

midlifeflysis
04-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Thanks Knewyork! That was the kind of info I was looking for. I am very similar to you. I dont need a soaking tub and other high end useless amenities, but as long as it's clean, has a gym, and maybe the ability to go for a run outside, I am good to go.

I travel a lot for my non-flying job right now and we get to pick where we stay (within budget of course) so giving up that flexibility was a little scary if the hotels were iffy. But glad to hear most are clean and "sleep-able" if you will. :D

Mjm8710
04-13-2018, 06:30 AM
Hotels have never been a big issue with me here at RAH. Most of the hotels are pretty good, Iíve only stayed at one I totally hated after being here for 2.5 years...and that hotel is gone.

Like one of the above posters said, most of the hotels I would put my own family in if I had to. All seem clean. Only problem with some of the hotels is location as in at times food options are very limited.. I always look ahead at the hotels on google maps just to get an idea whatís around before I head out on a trip that way I can pack food if I need to.

embraerjetpilot
04-16-2018, 05:37 AM
The RAH hotel situation was always one of my biggest grievances with them.

I would have said the same thing...till I went to Jetblllue and found out the hotels there were worse.

2fly1034
04-19-2018, 07:09 PM
As was posted we don't stay in the best of hotels but they are also not the worst things in the world... unless its STL till a few weeks ago. The only one I have had a problem with is the Crown in GRR. The biggest thing is what is around the hotel which is normally not a lot, but I do tend to bring food with me. I also don't tend to be awake for breakfast but a few are okay not many.

seattlepilot
05-11-2018, 07:43 AM
I didn't realize how bad the hotels are until I moved on. There were few that stood out, like OMA and SBA but rest are dumps.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

SirLurksalot
05-11-2018, 07:44 PM
I didn't realize how bad the hotels are until I moved on. There were few that stood out, like OMA and SBA but rest are dumps.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Very cool.

njd1
05-16-2018, 09:17 AM
Some airlines require hotels they book to provide free wifi due to the SOP to update ipads and such during trips. Do Republic's hotels provide free wifi?

TheWeatherman
05-16-2018, 09:23 AM
Some airlines require hotels they book to provide free wifi due to the SOP to update ipads and such during trips. Do Republic's hotels provide free wifi?
I don't think there is a hotel out there that doesn't provide free wifi to their guests, whether they are an airline employee or not. I haven't found one in the past 5 years despite staying at hundreds of hotels.

njd1
05-16-2018, 10:30 AM
I don't think there is a hotel out there that doesn't provide free wifi to their guests, whether they are an airline employee or not. I haven't found one in the past 5 years despite staying at hundreds of hotels.

Haven't traveled much in the last 3-4 years and when I did prior to that I was occasionally charged. Good to see there has been some progress in this area. Thanks for the reply.

jcullen4
05-18-2018, 06:13 AM
Most hotels are generally LaQuintas, Holiday Inns, Comfort Inns.

As a low-time aerial survey pilot, this is what I stay in...Hmmm...

TrojanCMH
05-21-2018, 02:57 PM
Iíve moved on from Republic so things may have changed but one of the biggest differences Iíve found is the quality of overnights. If all you care about is a gym and a bed with clean sheets then Republicís overnights will probably be fine. But if staying in nice hotels in safe areas with lots of stuff to do, great places to eat and drink, all within a short walk is at all important to you then the hotels will suck for you at Republic. Nothing worse than getting stuck at some La Quinta across the street from the airport with only a gas station nearby for 22 hours. There were some diamonds in the rough but the vast majority sucked back a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looseombi
05-21-2018, 05:08 PM
La Quinta is Spanish for ďbehind DennyísĒ

prophead5
05-24-2018, 04:34 PM
La Quinta is Spanish for ďbehind DennyísĒ

Awesome! Mind if I use it? LMAO!

looseombi
05-24-2018, 04:47 PM
Awesome! Mind if I use it? LMAO!

Ill be honest with you..... i stole it from someone else

Arliss
05-25-2018, 05:57 AM
I've read the contract and have seen some bid packs (have a friend who works there). I know there's a rule for better hotels for greater than 14 hour overnights but it seems like that rule is completely ignored in many cities. What gives and why does the union allow that clear violation? Rjet is one of the top 2 places I'm considering if/when I've had enough with Xjet's BS and haven't been hired by a LCC.

greendotplus10
05-25-2018, 10:40 AM
I think most of the time hotels are pretty good. When something does come up that could be a problem the next time you or another crew member stays in a particular hotel, the union has a hotel complaint form you can fill out.

Varkguy
05-31-2018, 01:00 PM
So far (one month in) it's been pretty good. Best seen to date was the Guest House at Graceland in Memphis. Very cool hotel, location, etc.

Staying across the street from Mall of America is pretty nice at MSP.

And Towneplace Suites in CMH has a really nice breakfast and nice rooms.

Most interesting/quirkiest hotel has to be the Garden Place Hotel in BUF. You'll know what I'm talking about when you go there.

looseombi
05-31-2018, 01:33 PM
How does it work if youíre overnighting in your home town? I live 30 min from MSP, Iíd rather sleep at home if I was on an overnight there.

TheWeatherman
05-31-2018, 02:11 PM
How does it work if youíre overnighting in your home town? I live 30 min from MSP, Iíd rather sleep at home if I was on an overnight there.
Go home, meet the crew the next day at show time. Collect per diem. Profit.

Chet Manley
06-19-2018, 06:31 AM
Is it true they put you up in the super 8 during training?

Captain Slow
06-19-2018, 12:13 PM
Go home, meet the crew the next day at show time. Bring donuts since you got to sleep at home and they didnít. Collect per diem. Profit.

FTFY.

(Empty space)

Web265
06-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Is it true they put you up in the super 8 during training?

It's one of the training hotels, yes. There are two others right near there, several of the FO trainees in my class requested the Super 8 for the next training phase...go figure...

TheWeatherman
06-19-2018, 09:29 PM
Super 8 is not that bad if you request the top floor when you get there. There is free food and beer nightly just for Republic employees.

Lostboys97
06-20-2018, 04:44 AM
Super 8 is not that bad if you request the top floor when you get there. There is free food and beer nightly just for Republic employees.

Big freaking deal. Mildew stained showers and tile grout, disgusting carpet, sandpaper towels, and beds from big lots are not an acceptable trade just to get free beer.
The beer is there because itís cheaper to supply than to keep the hotel up to even 3-star quality. Ridiculous!

Geardownflaps30
06-20-2018, 05:18 AM
Big freaking deal. Mildew stained showers and tile grout, disgusting carpet, sandpaper towels, and beds from big lots are not an acceptable trade just to get free beer.
The beer is there because itís cheaper to supply than to keep the hotel up to even 3-star quality. Ridiculous!

Agree with this statement 100%!

Chet Manley
06-20-2018, 04:27 PM
How long can you expect to stay there.

zanfarroway
06-21-2018, 02:17 PM
How long can you expect to stay there.

Lastest* version of training footprint I got:
2 weeks in Indy - 2 weeks home - 2 weeks in Indy - 2 weeks in St. Louis - Home - IOE

So it is roughly a month total.

Jungle Jim
06-21-2018, 05:31 PM
Lastest* version of training footprint I got:
2 weeks in Indy - 2 weeks home - 2 weeks in Indy - 2 weeks in St. Louis - Home - IOE

So it is roughly a month total.

At last check, there's at least 2 weeks home after systems for sim backup delays.

zanfarroway
06-22-2018, 12:30 AM
At last check, there's at least 2 weeks home after systems for sim backup delays.

So would that make it 2 more weeks home after week 5 and come back on week 8? I guess it's nice to have another 2 week break but it also slows down the whole training process.

Jungle Jim
06-22-2018, 05:14 PM
So would that make it 2 more weeks home after week 5 and come back on week 8? I guess it's nice to have another 2 week break but it also slows down the whole training process.

Just heard today 10 days off after systems before even the panel trainer is available. Sims still TBD.

sflpilot
06-22-2018, 11:39 PM
The beer is there because it’s cheaper to supply than to keep the hotel up to even 3-star quality. Ridiculous!

The Wingate is also terrible. Cambria was pretty nice but this was years ago. I just got so sick of brown stained towels and rooms that have stains all over the drapes and the carpets and smell horrible. There's at least two convenience stores at the intersection there in Plainfield that you can walk to and buy booze if it's so important. One year they even threw me in the Radisson over by the old terminal for recurrent. I get there and discover the A/C is out and they don't have any other rooms. Now mind you this was during a heat wave going through Indy in July. It was above 100F. RAH hotels = No bueno! By the way RAH crews were responsible for the ending of the happy hour drinks and snacks at the Staybridge in Denver several years ago. Too many alcohol related incidents. I once walked in to the lobby from the shuttle to find the CP and numerous pilots carrying on drunk and loud and displacing furniture. Also when they started putting us in that roadway motel in ABQ that always had biker rallys I literally walked in to my room to an open bottle of sexual lubricant sitting on the counter that they didn't bother to remove during housekeeping. Don't forget the Days hotel in BUF that was so bad they lost their one star Days Inn sponsorship. Or the CHQ overnight in Alexandria, LA where the only food option was the run down hospital nearby. The paltry Quality Inn in YUL, I could go on forever. That nasty place in DTW with the hot tubs in the rooms that was mostly used by prostitutes. There was a murder during training at the Comfort Inn in STL and the Pear Tree there was really not much better. There was an armed robbery of one of our crews at the Radisson in ORF. Then the drive by shooting at the SAT hotel.

SpeedyVagabond
06-23-2018, 05:40 AM
The Wingate is also terrible. Cambria was pretty nice but this was years ago. I just got so sick of brown stained towels and rooms that have stains all over the drapes and the carpets and smell horrible. There's at least two convenience stores at the intersection there in Plainfield that you can walk to and buy booze if it's so important. One year they even threw me in the Radisson over by the old terminal for recurrent. I get there and discover the A/C is out and they don't have any other rooms. Now mind you this was during a heat wave going through Indy in July. It was above 100F. RAH hotels = No bueno! By the way RAH crews were responsible for the ending of the happy hour drinks and snacks at the Staybridge in Denver several years ago. Too many alcohol related incidents. I once walked in to the lobby from the shuttle to find the CP and numerous pilots carrying on drunk and loud and displacing furniture. Also when they started putting us in that roadway motel in ABQ that always had biker rallys I literally walked in to my room to an open bottle of sexual lubricant sitting on the counter that they didn't bother to remove during housekeeping. Don't forget the Days hotel in BUF that was so bad they lost their one star Days Inn sponsorship. Or the CHQ overnight in Alexandria, LA where the only food option was the run down hospital nearby. The paltry Quality Inn in YUL, I could go on forever. That nasty place in DTW with the hot tubs in the rooms that was mostly used by prostitutes. There was a murder during training at the Comfort Inn in STL and the Pear Tree there was really not much better. There was an armed robbery of one of our crews at the Radisson in ORF. Then the drive by shooting at the SAT hotel.

Lol. Good points. To be fair, we do have some pretty nice hotels as well though. And I've stayed in some amazing ones. That said we're a regional. If you want better hotels downtown then hurry up and move along. I don't think the Cambria, Wyngate, and Super 8 are so terrible. Plenty of healthy food choices around and it's only two nights and all I need is a bed, shower, and as little time as possible in Indy every year.

Lostboys97
06-23-2018, 07:22 AM
Lol. Good points. To be fair, we do have some pretty nice hotels as well though. And I've stayed in some amazing ones. That said we're a regional. If you want better hotels downtown then hurry up and move along. I don't think the Cambria, Wyngate, and Super 8 are so terrible. Plenty of healthy food choices around and it's only two nights and all I need is a bed, shower, and as little time as possible in Indy every year.

The ďNiceĒ ones are there because thereís either no other option, or thereís been enough complaining to finally change it. Regional or not, as a professional whoís spent multi-thousands of dollars on your career, itís sad to read youíre fine with accepting 2-star quality accommodations.

Av8r75
06-23-2018, 11:00 AM
Just my opinion here, but I also think it is a matter of perspective. What one person defines as acceptable accommodations, another may not. Couple things to ponder here...

1) When we are at work we are not on vacation.
So you can drop the expectation of getting 5 star accommodations everywhere you overnight.

2) I am sure we have all stayed in a fleabag hotel/motel in our lives...I know I have stayed in quite a few. I would not exactly call Wingate, Comfort Suites and even Super 8 fleabag motels. Once again, when you are traveling on your own dime, you can stay in the nicest places if you so choose.

That being said, your employer does have an obligation to put you up while you travel on company business. Those accommodations should be safe, have access to some sort of food and provide a clean facility. Outside of those and any other requirements set forth in the union contract, that's all you should expect.

I have stayed in some of the hotels being complained about here and they were not the worst places I have stayed. (Much better than a tent in Bahrain I can say from experience!)

While I realize some will hate on me for this opinion, perspective is everything here guys! If your hotel is clean (not perfect and sterile), is secure and there are some food options, then that should be enough. If a hotel does not meet these basic requirements (within reason) then report it. By the way, finding "a" hair on a towel does not mean a room is not clean. Guarantee you will find a lot more stray hairs hanging out in your own bathroom at home! (Of course they are your hairs, but I digress...lol)

Not sure about the rest of you, but I did not become a pilot to live the good life AT work. I became a pilot to have good QOL at home in my OFF time. It seems there is always something to complain about...I say enjoy the journey...you will be much happier in the long run. There are people in this world that live in really horrendous conditions daily, that would laugh at our 1st world petty griping, about stuff that is really not all that important in the grand scheme.

SORRY ABOUT THE RANT.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

itsmytime
06-23-2018, 11:05 AM
The ďNiceĒ ones are there because thereís either no other option, or thereís been enough complaining to finally change it. Regional or not, as a professional whoís spent multi-thousands of dollars on your career, itís sad to read youíre fine with accepting 2-star quality accommodations.

Exactly. Once management sees that all pilots want are a bed and shower, expect that to be the new standard. Hope he never finds his way onto a hotel committee.

FlyPurdue
06-23-2018, 11:28 AM
Full disclosure, I am not a RAH pilot, but experience the same thing at Envoy. This attitude is precisely what is wrong with this industry / profession. We are professional aviators, we fly the same exact passengers (and in some cases, the same aircraft E170/E190) as our mainline counterparts, yet are treated, and compensated (even normalized to a consistent per-seat basis) significantly less.

When I worked as a 'bean counter' at a major - I never stayed in any hotel that wasn't a Hilton, Hyatt, Westin, Marriott, etc...and most of the time these properties were downtown too. Keep in mind when I first started at the company, I was just out of college, yet treated nearly identical to SVPs, and C-suite leadership, not just when traveling but when in the office too.

I do know that the regionals through labor and other accounts save the mainline airline money (not nearly as much as they used to)...but frankly it's just a broken business model that has existed for way too long. Airlines could also save money if they purchased Ilyushin, or Antanov aircraft, but they do not do that because Boeing and Airbus is just the cost of doing business, as should the cost of operating a flight on the mainline certificate with 50-80 seats.

We as professional aviators need to remember this, and continue working for improvements to the point that the cheaper option is all flying in house, and not be content with inferior hotels, compensation, or work rules. Our passengers demand the same level of professionalism, we should demand the same level of compensation.

Rant Over

SpeedyVagabond
06-23-2018, 07:10 PM

No, Iím not fine with poor hotels but we can only fight so many battles at a time and we stay at very very few poor hotels. I hope youíre enjoying the much better work rules and comfortable pay we secured for you.

Lostboys97
06-23-2018, 07:50 PM
No, Iím not fine with poor hotels but we can only fight so many battles at a time and we stay at very very few poor hotels. I hope youíre enjoying the much better work rules and comfortable pay we secured for you.

Who said itís comfortable pay? I voted no, but thatís another issue.

TangoIndiaMike1
06-23-2018, 08:58 PM
I think Iíve only gotten one or two places that give points in the year I have been here. Most give stay credit tho so your points donít expire. I have enjoyed most of my hotels. Even the la Quintas which I havenít been to in over a month are not bad. We stay at some pretty cool places that include spas and resort style hotels, massages, sports arenas, convention centers. 90% have restraints and free breakfast and a van to take you somewhere. In Nassau we stay at a huge hotel resort on the beach with a casino inside. Any problems at any hotel have been promptly fixed immediately. Itís luck of the draw for getting a bad room or a hotel cleaner being new or doing a bad job. The super 8 and the other hotel is not bad for training in my opinion. I donít need a 5 star hotel to eat sleep and study on the small amount of training pay. Plus you get above 3 stars and breakfast is not free.

My biggest pet peeve now is locations near food or stuff to do. Some hotels we stay at thereís only a subway near by. Next closest place is a $20 uber or you eat 10% discounted overpriced hotel bar food.

If you have something happen at a hotel we have the fatigue rules and 117 to protect you. File a complaint. Post on the Facebook page and get your 10 hours.

Web265
06-24-2018, 04:38 AM
...90% have restraints... Arooo? :eek:

SpeedyVagabond
06-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Who said it’s comfortable pay? I voted no, but that’s another issue.

If it’s not comfortable starting pay then I have zero sympathy for you.

Crown
06-24-2018, 06:24 PM
While I realize some will hate on me for this opinion, perspective is everything here guys! If your hotel is clean (not perfect and sterile), is secure and there are some food options, then that should be enough.

when you move on from RAH, and you work for a company that actually puts you in a good hotel, one that is in a great location with good food options + a ridiculous amount of things to do around it, you will understand why major pilots care so much about our lodging. I spent too much time at RAH in La Quintas that I would literally sacrifice pay to ensure good hotels

Pilotair
06-24-2018, 07:12 PM
Iím shopping around for the best regional for me, live in Southeast Florida. Are the hotels at Republic really that bad compared to the other regionals? Iím hoping to tough it out and commute until I can hold MIA either here or Envoy.

TheWeatherman
06-24-2018, 07:22 PM
Iím shopping around for the best regional for me, live in Southeast Florida. Are the hotels at Republic really that bad compared to the other regionals? Iím hoping to tough it out and commute until I can hold MIA either here or Envoy.
No, they are the same. Most people here are comparing regional to mainline accommodations.

sflpilot
06-25-2018, 12:02 AM
The C-scale is absolutely worth it. Keep going. Mommy loves you.

Chet Manley
06-25-2018, 06:39 AM
No, they are the same. Most people here are comparing regional to mainline accommodations.

I donít know if the comments here are completely accurate, but I donít know if many regionals that put there pilots in low end motels. Again this is assuming that no one is exaggerating.

TheWeatherman
06-25-2018, 07:15 AM
I donít know if the comments here are completely accurate, but I donít know if many regionals that put there pilots in low end motels. Again this is assuming that no one is exaggerating.
I have yet to stay at a low end motel at Republic.

Lostboys97
06-25-2018, 10:45 AM
I have yet to stay at a low end motel at Republic.

Google Super 8 Plainfield. Pretty damn close.

knewyork
06-26-2018, 03:35 PM
Besides the super 8, which is the only super 8 we stay at in the 100+ overnights we do, there are envoy/psa/piedmont/endeavor/commutair/mesa/skywest/xjet crews in the hotels we stay at. They are all the same.

Gravity88x
07-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Just an update for anyone concerned like I have been;

for the July 10th class they have given about 1/3 the Super 8, 1/3 the Wyngate, and the other 1/3 Indianapolis Airport Suites for both Indoc and Systems

Captain Slow
07-09-2018, 06:39 PM
We stay in most of the same hotels as the rest of the regional pack, and even share a few with the majors (ermahgerd).

Itís not worth worrying about. Training hotels suck. That is about the extent of the drama.

looseombi
07-09-2018, 07:28 PM
Raise your hand if you've towed banners on the road.... LaQuinta was the creme de la creme at that job.

Goose Lives
07-09-2018, 09:36 PM
Since there seem's to be lots of confusion about our hotels, here's my hotels for this month.

DoubleTree MEM
4 Points MCI
DoubleTree PWM
Galt House Hotel SDF (One of the best Independents in Downtown)
Country Inn and Suites OKC (Decent 3 star located next to some good bars)
Country Inn and Suites CLT (Great location, decent 3 star)
Holiday Inn Express Hilton Head (One of the better Holiday Inns out there)
Fairfield Inn and Suites DTW
Hampton Inn MKE

Training Hotels Note: Training hotels are fine, comfortable enough to get decent nights rest, staff cleans well, free dinner and Blue Moon, good internet.. you'll be busy studying or hanging out with your classmates to care honestly. Airport Inn and Suites (formerly a Cambria) has a decent gym all hotels can use also.

Goose Lives
07-09-2018, 09:42 PM
Moral of the story I'd argue the worst hotels in our system are XNA, CID, and DSM. Mostly because of location for the size of the city. If y'all are expecting the Westin or 4+ Star higher end stuff downtown 100% of the time you should have become a business professional or time warped to the majors.

Our union does a decent job fielding our hotel complaint forms with the hotels and company and finding solutions.

Captain Slow
07-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Bingo.

Filler.

stfoley23
07-10-2018, 08:35 PM
Iíve heard we donít get points at most hotels we stay at correct? Why is that?

Rahlifer
07-10-2018, 08:48 PM

Most hotels whom Iíve asked about this say itís either because itís such a low contract rate being paid for the room or because weíre not personally paying for it. At some hotels you can work around it by putting down a credit card for ďincidentalsĒ and charging something to your room. The downside, I once was charged for all four of our crew rooms for the evening. The hotel was less than helpful to reverse the charges so I reported it as a fraudulent charge with my credit card company. I donít bother trying that anymore.

TheWeatherman
07-11-2018, 05:42 AM
You won't at most Regionals until you get to the Majors.

flydiamond
07-11-2018, 11:24 AM
You won't at most Regionals until you get to the Majors.

Do any majors really keep their points?

Captain Slow
07-11-2018, 12:25 PM

Not that I know of.

Now NetJets and other corporate operators? Whole different story.

JayD
07-11-2018, 03:14 PM

Hotel points work like this:

You pay directly - you get the points
You donít pay directly - you donít get the points most of the time. You may get stay credits but no points. If you do get points itís likely an anomaly and wonít happen all the time.

It even works this way for business travelers. If you pay directly and then expense it to your company. You get the points. If on the other hand you go to a conference, book and pay for the hotel through the conference (i.e. you donít book/pay directly) then you donít get the points.

There are some exceptions of course but the above are the general rules.

DiamondDriver
07-11-2018, 05:36 PM
Hotel points work like this:

You pay directly - you get the points
You donít pay directly - you donít get the points most of the time. You may get stay credits but no points. If you do get points itís likely an anomaly and wonít happen all the time.

It even works this way for business travelers. If you pay directly and then expense it to your company. You get the points. If on the other hand you go to a conference, book and pay for the hotel through the conference (i.e. you donít book/pay directly) then you donít get the points.

There are some exceptions of course but the above are the general rules.

Exactly this ^^^^^

Even during my interviews when theyíve put me up at hotel brands Iím a member of. Iíve told the front desk workers, and received the night credit towards the next status level but no points to put in my account.

flynfish77
07-11-2018, 09:37 PM
Our hotels themselves are not the worst out there by any means but I'll be damned if the location isn't fairly crap about 70% of the time. So far its my biggest complaint with this company in terms of QOL at work....for me its an issue, because I choose to work a lot ($$$).
I'd say its fairly industry (regional) standard to be at a Holiday Inn near the airport, with not a lot of quality food or entertainment options nearby....our new contract requires a downtown hotel for stays of 20 hrs or greater.....care to guess how many of those exist?

Bert Sampson
07-13-2018, 04:00 AM

Not at DL.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1