Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Why do folks leave Kalitta?

Lugar
04-11-2018, 09:21 PM
When people leave Kalitta, are they going to a job for more money? Less flying? Bigger company (airline)? In other words, when people leave, what are the top few motivating factors?

In my mid-40ís, is Kalitta a place that I could work for the next 20 years until I retire? Or is the longevity prediction such that it wonít be around in ten years?

HercDriver130
04-12-2018, 04:10 AM
When people leave Kalitta, are they going to a job for more money? Less flying? Bigger company (airline)? In other words, when people leave, what are the top few motivating factors?

In my mid-40ís, is Kalitta a place that I could work for the next 20 years until I retire? Or is the longevity prediction such that it wonít be around in ten years?

Leave?? who left?? Actually we have only had one voluntary resignation over the past year or so of those who have completed training. We have had a few resign during training and a couple with "issues" resign vs the alternative. Other than that the rest left for retirement or were fired. Our attrition has just about stopped. That said... that wont last as newer and better CBAs are signed some will leave for greener pastures and certainly moving forward some of the "younger" guys will opt for a more stable life elsewhere.

nitefr8dog
04-12-2018, 05:05 AM

UPS, FEDEX, better job better retirement....AA, DL, UA, lifestyle, less night flying...

No Land 3
04-12-2018, 05:11 AM
UPS, FEDEX, better job better retirement....AA, DL, UA, lifestyle, less night flying...

Be careful what you wish for!

Lugar
04-12-2018, 06:39 AM
It sounds like a great place to be, and one where if an offer is extended, it merits serious consideration.

Eagerly awaiting my scheduled interview.

Locke
04-12-2018, 06:59 AM
It sounds like a great place to be, and one where if an offer is extended, it merits serious consideration.

I thought you had a job lined up at EK. What happened?

Lugar
04-12-2018, 07:04 AM
I thought you had a job lined up at EK. What happened?

I do. And also have an interview offer with Kalitta. So Iím trying to decide if I want to pursue an interview with Kalitta or not.

nitefr8dog
04-12-2018, 08:19 AM
Be careful what you wish for!
What....not flying night freight for 30 yrs. I do not think you would be missing much.

Rama
04-12-2018, 10:37 AM
The legacies offer a far better retirement (401k direct contribution) and greater choice of equipment to fly.
Also as you gain seniority you will be able to get more days off.
Less red eye flying and fewer time zones.
Dispatchers as opposed to flight followers is a nice bonus as well.

goinaround
04-12-2018, 12:55 PM
I think people leave EK for way more reasons than they leave K4....

Lugar
04-12-2018, 12:59 PM
So, if you could describe an ideal Kalitta candidate, what would their attributes be?

No Land 3
04-12-2018, 02:04 PM
So, if you could describe an ideal Kalitta candidate, what would their attributes be?
Not a liberal.

No Land 3
04-12-2018, 02:10 PM
What....not flying night freight for 30 yrs. I do not think you would be missing much.

None of those places you listed with maybe an exception at UPS?? Allows you to fly around the world in a 747 in your pajamas.

KA350Driver
04-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Which one will let me keep my beard?

busdriver12
04-12-2018, 11:00 PM
None of those places you listed with maybe an exception at UPS?? Allows you to fly around the world in a 747 in your pajamas.

Okay, maybe not as fun as a 747, but you can fly a 777 around the world at FedEx in your pajamas.

boeingdvr
04-13-2018, 07:46 AM
Okay, maybe not as fun as a 747, but you can fly a 777 around the world at FedEx in your pajamas.

Ah yes. The ultimate career goal of an airline pilot. Late 50's, balding, overweight- flying a big airplane in his PJ's to some far away land. Earning a few 100k while his masters making millions.

Locke
04-13-2018, 08:00 AM
Ah yes. The ultimate career goal of an airline pilot. Late 50's, balding, overweight- flying a big airplane in his PJ's to some far away land. Earning a few 100k while his masters making millions.

Sounds glorious actually. Unless you know of another way to make millions as a pilot youíre barking up the wrong tree.

Lockheed
04-13-2018, 08:31 AM

a few - as in high 2's, 3, 4 or 5 depending on your energy

Adlerdriver
04-13-2018, 02:31 PM
Ah yes. The ultimate career goal of an airline pilot. Late 50's, balding, overweight- flying a big airplane in his PJ's to some far away land. Earning a few 100k while his masters making millions. :confused: Do you have another suggestion?
I mean the job isn't a mystery. It does involve flying big aircraft to far away lands. Pay... also not a mystery.

Did you just now figure out the execs at FedEx or UPS or Airline X, Y or Z make millions in relation to our quarter to maybe half a mil in some cases?

WhaleWrangler
04-13-2018, 02:40 PM

What happened with your AA interview??!! :rolleyes:

Lugar
04-13-2018, 02:44 PM
What happened with your AA interview??!! :rolleyes:

Scheduled for May 17/18

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1