Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : And still slowing!

Bluedriver
04-12-2018, 08:47 AM
"JetBlue also lowered its capacity growth outlook to 3.3% from a previous guidance range of 3.5%-5.5%."

And...... Still slowing....

At least we have pilot retirements!

RiddleEagle18
04-12-2018, 12:27 PM
#keepsgettingbetter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bluedriver
04-12-2018, 12:35 PM
#keepsgettingbetter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rest of us get the big blue /\/\/\.

PasserOGas
04-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Remember guys, jetblue isnt stagnant. Nope totally not stagnant.

#keepsgettingbetter

CaptCoolHand
04-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Iím just gonna throw this out there that this falls under the failure category.

The failure to act and execute. Capacity is down due to 150 not being converted to 162.

Capacity doesnít necessarily equal growth from a pilot standpoint.

Carry on.

Bluedriver
04-12-2018, 06:02 PM
Iím just gonna throw this out there that this falls under the failure category.

The failure to act and execute. Capacity is down due to 150 not being converted to 162.

Capacity doesnít necessarily equal growth from a pilot standpoint.

Carry on.

Partially true, but capacity is also down because the delivery book was rescheduled to reduce the number of airframes delivered this year, last year, and for several years moving forward...

And no 162 seats, of course.

BlueJetDork
04-13-2018, 07:42 AM
Was 1st quarter capacity down due to thousands of cancelled segments?

May this have been enough to miss guidance by 0.0X%?

Bluedriver
04-13-2018, 07:50 AM
Was 1st quarter capacity down due to thousands of cancelled segments?

May this have been enough to miss guidance by 0.0X%?

Yes, in part, but stick to my script!

PasserOGas
04-13-2018, 08:54 AM
Coming soon to jetblew?

"Emirates, the worldís biggest long-haul airline, said a rebound in earnings over the past year faces a challenge this summer as a pilot shortage forces the Dubai-based carrier to trim frequencies.

The revival will come under pressure as a shortfall of 100 to 150 pilots compels Emirates to pare frequencies to destinations including Fort Lauderdale and Miami during the looming high season for global travel. Cuts will also extend to several European and Asian routes, according to reports in the Gulf. The CEO of Emirates then shouted "Allah Ackbar! By our blood the infidel pilots will pay!" He then announced further codeshare agreements with Jetblue airways."

Bozo the pilot
04-13-2018, 09:57 AM
Coming soon to jetblew?

"Emirates, the worldís biggest long-haul airline, said a rebound in earnings over the past year faces a challenge this summer as a pilot shortage forces the Dubai-based carrier to trim frequencies.

The revival will come under pressure as a shortfall of 100 to 150 pilots compels Emirates to pare frequencies to destinations including Fort Lauderdale and Miami during the looming high season for global travel. Cuts will also extend to several European and Asian routes, according to reports in the Gulf. The CEO of Emirates then shouted "Allah Ackbar! By our blood the infidel pilots will pay!" He then announced further codeshare agreements with Jetblue airways."
You mean Emirates needs pilots??!!
CeeYaa...:D

feltf4
04-14-2018, 06:07 AM
Coming soon to jetblew?

Code sharing is hardly a problem. In fact, pull up your Myidtravel, you have a plethora of carries to choose from to get your cabin cleaning on. Ask your boys at delta what they have.

If you see joint ventures, then I would start to worry.

aldonite7667
04-14-2018, 01:59 PM
Coming soon to jetblew?

I think their CEO is brithish

David Puddy
04-14-2018, 02:01 PM
And meanwhile a capacity increase at....

https://airnation.com/blog/all-airbus-jet-operator-spirit-airlines-eyes-a-boeing-commercial-airplane-jet-for-fleet-expansion-puget-sound-business-journal/

Flyby1206
04-14-2018, 02:26 PM
And meanwhile a capacity increase at....

https://airnation.com/blog/all-airbus-jet-operator-spirit-airlines-eyes-a-boeing-commercial-airplane-jet-for-fleet-expansion-puget-sound-business-journal/

787s maybe?

BeatNavy
04-14-2018, 02:52 PM
787s maybe?

Bargaining chip for lower priced airbus NBs.

Flyby1206
04-14-2018, 02:55 PM

You're probably right

ropestart
04-15-2018, 04:43 AM

The Airbus order book is full for the narrow body, which will lead spirit into another type. Iíve heard 737 Max, 787 and A330 NEO. Only time will tell. Definitely going to be interesting!

Bluedriver
04-15-2018, 05:02 AM
The Airbus order book is full for the narrow body, which will lead spirit into another type. Iíve heard 737 Max, 787 and A330 NEO. Only time will tell. Definitely going to be interesting!

Not the A380?

ropestart
04-15-2018, 05:24 AM
Not the A380?

Lol, I could only imagine how many we would stuff in that bird.

hilltopflyer
04-15-2018, 06:22 AM
Which is why I'd be ok with buying frontier to get their order book of 321s. And to get more west coast mid America flying

PasserOGas
04-15-2018, 06:39 AM
Which is why I'd be ok with buying frontier to get their order book of 321s. And to get more west coast mid America flying

Middle America? Dont you know that all the money is in places like Haiti, the DR and Puerto Rico? We are in the sweet spot baby!

CaptCoolHand
04-15-2018, 07:16 AM
Middle America? Dont you know that all the money is in places like Haiti, the DR and Puerto Rico? We are in the sweet spot baby!

Please donít forget wooostah and newberg.

But ya know! After we start msp, London is the next biggest market we dont serve. Operational excellence across the pond

Bluedriver
04-15-2018, 09:06 AM
Please donít forget wooostah and newberg.

But ya know! After we start msp, London is the next biggest market we dont serve. Operational excellence across the pond

I literally can't even IMAGINE of all the ways ATC could screw up our new London service!

aldonite7667
04-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Donít you know itís all America! And everyone is American! #gotborders?

atrdriver
04-15-2018, 02:26 PM

Are we sure Frontier has an order book? Their investor group has an order book for the 4 airlines they own but I'm not sure if that would necessarily be part of the specific airlines.

hilltopflyer
04-15-2018, 05:09 PM
Are we sure Frontier has an order book? Their investor group has an order book for the 4 airlines they own but I'm not sure if that would necessarily be part of the specific airlines.

Ya they specifically said 100+ for frontier alone. Pretty sure that's right.

Kilroy
04-15-2018, 07:08 PM
Ya they specifically said 100+ for frontier alone. Pretty sure that's right.

Yes frontier has 135 confirmed orders that will show up.

Bluedriver
04-16-2018, 03:43 AM

NOTHING is a confirmed order that WILL show up.

Ask a JB pilot.

MasterOfPuppets
04-16-2018, 05:21 AM

Up until this time last year United had 65 CONFIRMED 737-700s coming, they should have all been online by this summer and Iíd probably be a CA.......

Those airbusses for F9 were bought by a holding company, good luck.

aldonite7667
04-16-2018, 06:11 AM
Up until this time last year United had 65 CONFIRMED 737-700s coming, they should have all been online by this summer and Iíd probably be a CA.......

Those airbusses for F9 were bought by a holding company, good luck.

Didnít United buy 20 320ís from Easyjet? Heard that the other day from a bud

WeirdBeard
04-16-2018, 04:33 PM
Didnít United buy 20 320ís from Easyjet? Heard that the other day from a bud

Anyone know where United could buy around 230 Airbus and some pesky 190s?

aldonite7667
04-16-2018, 04:38 PM
Anyone know where United could buy around 230 Airbus and some pesky 190s?

With a market cap of $6.2 Billion and an expected purchase price of around $10 Billion I wouldnít think a purchase would occur.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1