Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Allegiant brothers and sisters

FlyAirJason
04-13-2018, 03:51 PM
By now, Iím guessing that youíve all received your email from senior management, detailing the upcoming ď60 MinutesĒ special. Along with this email came Mauryís assertions that I had something to do with CBSí interest in producing this upcoming piece.

At first, I was saddened over such an email, as anybody that knows me knows how much I loved my job. Moreover, those of you that Iím close with know just how difficult this entire ordeal has been for me.

That said, allow me to respond to Mauryís assertion:

I DID NOT have ANYTHING to do with this ď60 MinutesĒ piece.

My legal team HAS NOT had ANYTHING to do with this ď60 MinutesĒ piece.

Together, my legal team and I have not participated in ANY television segment or granted a single interview, ď60 MinutesĒ or otherwise.

Whatís more, I am unaware of the contents of the upcoming segment, and any part of the segment that may feature details of my action against Allegiant was produced with documents obtainable by the general public.

My legal team and I have only one directive in this matter: to be heard in Court- a strategy which most certainly does NOT include the court of public opinion or trying this matter in the media.

At present, this case will be heard by the Court toward the end of May.

Finally, let me say that I have ZERO ill will toward the company, and as such, have ZERO interest in bringing negative publicity or ridicule to Allegiant. Frankly, this is the part that hurts the most, as I still have numerous dear friends at Allegiant and would never want for their lives, or even an airline that I loved so greatly, to be impacted by negative publicity.

As always, thank you to those of you that continue to call and show support & encouragement. There are no words to express my gratitude.

Respectfully,

Jason
817-557-7350

dracir1
04-15-2018, 04:20 PM
Respectfully,

Jason
817-557-7350

Bro, F9 guy here. Just saw the piece and wanted to reach out. Best of luck to you and Allegiant flight crews. Can't speak for all my brethren but I'm sure many of us share my sentiments...

Keep your head up and keep fighting.

j3cub
04-15-2018, 04:40 PM
By now, Iím guessing that youíve all received your email from senior management, detailing the upcoming ď60 MinutesĒ special. Along with this email came Mauryís assertions that I had something to do with CBSí interest in producing this upcoming piece.

At first, I was saddened over such an email, as anybody that knows me knows how much I loved my job. Moreover, those of you that Iím close with know just how difficult this entire ordeal has been for me.

Together, my legal team and I have not participated in ANY television segment or granted a single interview, ď60 MinutesĒ or otherwise.

Whatís more, I am unaware of the contents of the upcoming segment, and any part of the segment that may feature details of my action against Allegiant was produced with documents obtainable by the general public.

My legal team and I have only one directive in this matter: to be heard in Court- a strategy which most certainly does NOT include the court of public opinion or trying this matter in the media.

Finally, let me say that I have ZERO ill will toward the company, and as such, have ZERO interest in bringing negative publicity or ridicule to Allegiant. Frankly, this is the part that hurts the most, as I still have numerous dear friends at Allegiant and would never want for their lives, or even an airline that I loved so greatly, to be impacted by negative publicity.

As always, thank you to those of you that continue to call and show support & encouragement. There are no words to express my gratitude.

Respectfully,

Jason
817-557-7350

Hard to believe after watching. Hope you are telling the truth.

FlyAirJason
04-15-2018, 04:57 PM
Hard to believe after watching. Hope you are telling the truth.

Well, itís all under oath, my man. So Iím more than certain that itís 100% truthful.

Thank you for your support.

FlyAirJason
04-15-2018, 05:16 PM
Bro, F9 guy here. Just saw the piece and wanted to reach out. Best of luck to you and Allegiant flight crews. Can't speak for all my brethren but I'm sure many of us share my sentiments...

Keep your head up and keep fighting.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate you...

Varks
04-15-2018, 05:32 PM
Well done piece. How a dirtbag CEO can keep leaving a trail of haphazard operations and keep going is amazing. I really feel for the pilots. It sounds like subliminal pressures are put on you to keep the metal moving. I could see myself second guessing calling for an evacuation when in the back of my mind I know someone was terminated for making the decision and being fired. If nothing else I hope it gives ammo to the wrongful termination lawsuit. Union President looked good too. Hang in there and sell that stock early tomorrow morning if you have it.

j3cub
04-16-2018, 03:29 AM
So FlyAirJason, is it a false statement that Goglia is a paid "expert" working for you on your case?

Beretta01
04-16-2018, 04:31 AM
So FlyAirJason, is it a false statement that Goglia is a paid "expert" working for you on your case?

Subscribed, lol.

FlyAirJason
04-16-2018, 05:15 AM

It is a true statement that John Goglia is one of our expert witnesses. However, he wasnít ďworking for meĒ when he gave an interview to ď60 MinutesĒ, he was merely citing his personal opinion.

Allegiant has their own expert witnesses, j3cub. This is just the nature of litigation.

No innuendo on your part can make true Allegiantís statements that I had anything to do with the ď60 MinutesĒ segment. Moreover, itís beyond imagination that Allegiant continues to credit me with controlling the media.

So, j3cub, while you have your doubts, let me assure you that this matter has already gone before the judge. Motions were filed (and lost) by Allegiant and a ruling was handed down; we have nothing to do with this.
Further, I am nobody special- with no media ties- and I likely couldnít influence a news outlet to run a lost dog ad, let alone a story of this nature in a nationwide, prime time slot.

I hope this offers you some insight, my friend.

Beretta01
04-16-2018, 05:31 AM
It is a true statement that John Goglia is one of our expert witnesses. However, he wasnít ďworking for meĒ when he gave an interview to ď60 MinutesĒ, he was merely citing his personal opinion.

Well, thatís a convenient coincidence. Getting to scare millions of viewers during prime time before finishing up a major lawsuit....clever.

Shadre Reevis
04-16-2018, 05:35 AM
Well, that’s a convenient coincidence. Getting to scare millions of viewers during prime time before finishing up a major lawsuit....clever.OK but who else are they supposed to interview? Someone closely informed with Allegiant's safety records or some random guy off the street? Allegiant has their own experts and had 7 months to interview and respond to reporters. They chose not to.

FlyAirJason
04-16-2018, 05:39 AM
Well, thatís a convenient coincidence. Getting to scare millions of viewers during prime time before finishing up a major lawsuit....clever.

Youíd have to take that up with the ď60 MinutesĒ producers. The report states that they started working on the story some seven months ago. We were in settlement talks with Allegiant and didnít even have a trial date seven months ago.

LNL76
04-16-2018, 05:44 AM
FlyAirJason....as a FA I think you absolutely did the right thing. How you were "rewarded" is nothing less than shameful and disgraceful.

Keep fighting the good fight and best of luck!

FlyAirJason
04-16-2018, 05:56 AM
FlyAirJason....as a FA I think you absolutely did the right thing. How you were "rewarded" is nothing less than shameful and disgraceful.

Keep fighting the good fight and best of luck!

Thanks so much.

DC8DRIVER
04-16-2018, 06:50 AM

This 6o Minutes segment was the first I have heard of this firing. As an airline pilot of 30+ years, I am astonished that ANY professional pilot wouldn't applaud this report and stand 100% behind the fired pilot.

If the safety culture and the desire to improve safety at Allegiant is as bad as the segment clearly illustrates, then maybe it will take "scaring millions of viewers during prime" to get management to change their priorities.

And Allegiant pilots who don't see this TV show as anything but a fair and overdue exposť of unacceptable maintenance practices is either a dangerous, unprofessional pilot or a management pilot with no regard for the safety of their passengers.

grnclvrs
04-16-2018, 07:55 AM
And Allegiant pilots who don't see this TV show as anything but a fair and overdue exposť of unacceptable maintenance practices is either a dangerous, unprofessional pilot or a management pilot with no regard for the safety of their passengers.

3-4 years ago I would agree with you, but events of that time have changed the company. Dinosaurs who refused to change were shown the street and the new management is doing a lot better. The story should have run in 2015 and would have been more timely. Now, maintenance is better and pilots aren't primed to abort for simple crap or declare emergencies when there are none. I've been here 10 years and have never been pressured to carry a write up or not write something up. Seems to me if you were and you did, that's a you problem not a company problem. As for other things that were brought forward during the piece, these are my personal thoughts - if you bust a maneuver on a PC and the check airman trains to proficiency and then you tell him that you are going to perform the maneuver exactly the same as you did before, what would you expect him to do?

WhisperJet
04-16-2018, 08:06 AM
What should have been brought up in the 60 Mins piece was the professionalism and training of the crews to safely deal with every emergency or incident that happened.

Hats off to you guys and gals.

Packrat
04-16-2018, 08:15 AM
What should have been brought up in the 60 Mins piece was the professionalism and training of the crews to safely deal with every emergency or incident that happened.

Agreed. Its ONLY the skill and ability of the pilots that has kept this dirt bag outfit from leaving a trail of smoking holes.

I still wouldn't buy my worst enemy a ticket on Allegiant.

barondrvr
04-16-2018, 08:20 AM

Unfortunately this. I feel like the cop in Beverly Hills and you guys are working the south central beat

Petethedog
04-16-2018, 08:43 AM

Respectfully,

Jason
817-557-7350

No dog in this fight myself. I was astounded to learn you were fired for your decision to act in the interest of safety given the information you had. But, I just wanted to say I hope things turn out well for you, Jason. Best of luck to you man...

disco inferno
04-16-2018, 10:27 AM
Agreed. Its ONLY the skill and ability of the pilots that has kept this dirt bag outfit from leaving a trail of smoking holes.

I still wouldn't buy my worst enemy a ticket on Allegiant.
I am sure if you asked the families of Alaska flight 261 their feelings of Alaska airlines today, theirs might mirror yours. We however through luck and skill, have yet to have any fatalities.

As the Irishman said, this story belongs on 2015. We aren't the same company today.

cheers1977
04-16-2018, 10:56 AM
I am sure if you asked the families of Alaska flight 261 their feelings of Alaska airlines today, theirs might mirror yours. We however through luck and skill, have yet to have any fatalities.

As the Irishman said, this story belongs on 2015. We aren't the same company today.

True. But, unfortunately for you, the only thing that matters right now is public perception and itís NOT good. But donít worry. Iím sure youíll get through this. In the mean time just ďbreath through your shirtĒ!

FreshWater
04-16-2018, 10:58 AM
True. But, unfortunately for you, the only thing that matters right now is public perception and itís NOT good. But donít worry. Iím sure youíll get through this. In the mean time just ďbreath through your shirtĒ!

Cheers why do you have so much animosity for a former employer?

cheers1977
04-16-2018, 11:06 AM
Cheers why do you have so much animosity for a former employer?

No animosity my friend. I just canít believe a group of professional pilots can turn a blind eye. I saw all of this stuff happen from the training department. I saw with my own eyes the training paperwork cover up. I was told to keep my mouth shut. Theyíre shady. Iím here to help any g4 pilot get out (if they wish). I was one of Jasonís upgrade instructors. He is a great pilot and was always well prepared. He did nothing wrong!

G4er
04-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Yeah, Peoples lives lost do not matter. (To you)

cheers1977
04-16-2018, 11:09 AM
Yeah, Peoples lives lost do not matter. (To you)

And you interpreted that how? I wasnít the one who asked passengers to breath hydraulic fluid through their shirt. I wasnít even at g4 by this point.

ecam
04-16-2018, 11:11 AM
No animosity my friend. I just can’t believe a group of professional pilots can turn a blind eye. I saw all of this stuff happen from the training department. I saw with my own eyes the training paperwork cover up. I was told to keep my mouth shut. They’re shady. I’m here to help any g4 pilot get out (if they wish). I was one of Jason’s upgrade instructors. He is a great pilot and was always well prepared. He did nothing wrong!

Saw. Key word. A lot has changed since you left. Throwing rocks at a former employer who gave you a chance and even made you an instructor shows a lot about your character.

Good luck at Southwest. Perhaps you should focus ahead instead of behind. Show some of that Servants Heart and Warrior Spirit.

cheers1977
04-16-2018, 11:14 AM
Saw. Key word. A lot has changed since you left. Throwing rocks at a former employer who gave you a chance and even made you an instructor shows a lot about your character.

Good luck at Southwest. Perhaps you should focus ahead instead of behind. Show some of that Servants Heart and Warrior Spirit.

What makes you think Iím at SWA? Why not one of the ones that went to United?

skyrider1015
04-16-2018, 11:20 AM
This 6o Minutes segment was the first I have heard of this firing. As an airline pilot of 30+ years, I am astonished that ANY professional pilot wouldn't applaud this report and stand 100% behind the fired pilot.

If the safety culture and the desire to improve safety at Allegiant is as bad as the segment clearly illustrates, then maybe it will take "scaring millions of viewers during prime" to get management to change their priorities.

So you assume because 60 minutes reported that stuff that itís all true? NONE of our pilots will take an airplane that is not safe, our pilots are not afraid to write anything up in the logbook. I have never felt threatened or intimidated by the company to fly unsafe airplanes period. The president of 1224 Dan Wells is not a very popular person with Allegiant Pilots today since he flat out misspoke about our operation and culture. As someone who doesnít work here I can see your point of view on this matter, but know that all our pilots are utmost professionals and would not jeopardize our passengers or fellow crew members lives. Furthermore having served in our unionís maintenance committee I can tell you that the company has made great strides in improving the operation and putting in place many safety initiatives. The data shows that our operation is very reliable at this time. The company has had their share of issues in the past but has invested in its future by improving the operation greatly. The sensationalistic media failed to mention that. And please understand that there is no way that a so called ďexpertĒ that is involved in litigation against the company will give a fair opinion on the company.

ecam
04-16-2018, 11:21 AM

Because you are,

cheers1977
04-16-2018, 11:55 AM
Because you are,

Lol whatever. Enjoy whatís left of your time there. Now g4 is under investigation for securities issues.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/allegiant-shareholder-alert-bernstein-liebhard-181500985.html?.tsrc=applewf

ecam
04-16-2018, 12:09 PM
Lol whatever. Enjoy whatís left of your time there. Now g4 is under investigation for securities issues.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/allegiant-shareholder-alert-bernstein-liebhard-181500985.html?.tsrc=applewf

I guess you really are that stupid. Glad you're not training pilots any more.

An ad from an ambulance chasing lawyer doesn't equal an investigation. A statement from the SEC does though.

And if insiders committed SEC crimes based on this information being leaked, then I support an investigation, should one take place.

Ameriagle
04-16-2018, 12:12 PM

If you left for anywhere but SWA you would have moved on with your life long ago! Telling anyone who will listen that leaving Allegiant for SWA was the best thing you ever did is a characteristic unique to you SWA guys. You all do it! While we are all happy for you, we are not the ones that you need to convince.

cheers1977
04-16-2018, 12:12 PM
I guess you really are that stupid. Glad you're not training pilots any more.

An ad from an ambulance chasing lawyer doesn't equal an investigation. A statement from the SEC does though.

And if insiders committed SEC crimes based on this information being leaked, then I support an investigation, should one take place.

The link worked for me. Maybe try reading? Iím glad Iím not on the same seniority list as someone who condones the actions of g4 management. YOU are part of the problem!!!

cheers1977
04-16-2018, 12:25 PM
If you left for anywhere but SWA you would have moved on with your life long ago! Telling anyone who will listen that leaving Allegiant for SWA was the best thing you ever did is a characteristic unique to you SWA guys. You all do it! While we are all happy for you, we are not the ones that you need to convince.

Everyone that has left g4 for SWA says itís 1000 times better and Iím inclined to believe them.

FreshWater
04-16-2018, 12:27 PM
Everyone that has left g4 for SWA says itís 1000 times better and Iím inclined to believe them.

Who do you work for now?

Ameriagle
04-16-2018, 02:46 PM

Not debating that fact, just not sure why you think this audience cares!

cheers1977
04-16-2018, 06:06 PM
Not debating that fact, just not sure why you think this audience cares!

Actually, I don't care.

WhistlePig
04-16-2018, 06:12 PM
3-4 years ago I would agree with you, but events of that time have changed the company. Dinosaurs who refused to change were shown the street and the new management is doing a lot better. The story should have run in 2015 and would have been more timely.

The Data regarding the 3.5 times the normal rate of maintenance events collection period closed October of 2017. That's pretty recent. I am glad things are better and I think Allegiant is on the right track. I also think the Allegiant gambled with safety and won. And that is unconscionable.

hyde
04-16-2018, 07:17 PM
Actually, I don't care.

He works for WN. Was a 757 capt here and in the tng dept. Left right before we got a contract. Anyone that has been here more than 5 years knows his name. Clearly he has regrets. Think of where he could be now if he had stayed lol. Move on JV

cheers1977
04-16-2018, 07:34 PM
He works for WN. Was a 757 capt here and in the tng dept. Left right before we got a contract. Anyone that has been here more than 5 years knows his name. Clearly he has regrets. Think of where he could be now if he had stayed lol. Move on JV

AGAIN, not JV. I can assure you though, he has no regrets. And the contract you speak of is absolutely garbage!

FreshWater
04-16-2018, 07:40 PM
AGAIN, not JV. I can assure you though, he has no regrets. And the contract you speak of is absolutely garbage!

You protest too much.

cheers1977
04-16-2018, 07:42 PM
You protest too much.

Which part do you not like? The ďnot JVĒ part (Iím not smart enough to be him)? Or the ďcontract is garbageĒ part?

FreshWater
04-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Which part do you not like? The ďnot JVĒ part (Iím not smart enough to be him)? Or the ďcontract is garbageĒ part?

Why do care, you donít work here anymore? Youíre rather obsessed being all over our g4 threads for a guy who claims to be over it.

cheers1977
04-16-2018, 07:55 PM
Why do care, you donít work here anymore? Youíre rather obsessed being all over our g4 threads for a guy who claims to be over it.

Itís a public forum. You guys are acting like victims when it was your pilot group that decided to go down this road during contract negotiations (yes the same contract I called garbage). You have nobody to blame but yourselves. You want everyone to feel sorry for you and when someone doesnít, you get butthurt.

skyrider1015
04-16-2018, 08:01 PM
Itís a public forum. You guys are acting like victims when it was your pilot group that decided to go down this road during contract negotiations (yes the same contract I called garbage). You have nobody to blame but yourselves. You want everyone to feel sorry for you and when someone doesnít, you get butthurt.

Nobody wants anyone to feel sorry for us, go back take a walk in your hotel lobby and enjoy your non garbage contract while I kiss my kids goodnight and sleep in my bed. Dumb a$$

FreshWater
04-16-2018, 08:01 PM

You make a lot of assumptions about an airline you donít work for anymore. Your obsession with g4 is weird man.

cheers1977
04-16-2018, 08:04 PM
Nobody wants anyone to feel sorry for us, go back take a walk in your hotel lobby and enjoy your non garbage contract while I kiss my kids goodnight and sleep in my bed. Dumb a$$

You're right, being gone 2 nights a week is so hard! How will I ever get through this career? If I was worried about being home every night, I wouldn't have chosen this career. DB!

cheers1977
04-16-2018, 08:06 PM
You make a lot of assumptions about an airline you donít work for anymore. Your obsession with g4 is weird man.

Assumptions? I was there at the start of negotiations. I was there the day we were going to strike. Not obsessed, more like amused.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1