Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : EDV Hiring

Eire78
04-14-2018, 02:49 PM
Interviewed in early March. Given a CJO but no training date. I got a call two days ago from HR saying still no specific date but itís looking like late 2018, early 2019. Also, they have stopped hiring for the time being.

Casualinterest
04-14-2018, 03:05 PM
Interviewed in early March. Given a CJO but no training date. I got a call two days ago from HR saying still no specific date but itís looking like late 2018, early 2019. Also, they have stopped hiring for the time being.Yes that is correct. No more classes till the end of summer for new hires. Interviews will start back up then as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

aviationfrk
04-14-2018, 04:04 PM
Interviewed in early March. Given a CJO but no training date. I got a call two days ago from HR saying still no specific date but it’s looking like late 2018, early 2019. Also, they have stopped hiring for the time being.

I'm going through upgrade simulators right now for the 200. My sim partner is a December 2017 new hire. (Has his LOE scheduled this coming week) Most of the other new hires I talk to in the sim center are in similar situations. Sounds like we just need a little time to get caught up.

dfb008
04-14-2018, 04:08 PM
I'm in the same boat. Interviewed Feb. Waiting on a class date. Hiring has been very helpful in keeping me in the loop. Hoping date is sooner than 2019, but I'm going to wait it out and keep fingers crossed for a phone call.

UNDGUY
04-15-2018, 04:40 AM
When is the last scheduled new hire ground then? This is contrary to what we were just told a couple weeks ago in the C building. They said they were doing small classes of 15 until late summer to get caught up on the backup. I know there was a class after us that was January interviewees. Wierd, makes me nervous. I hope it is actually just to catch up on the training backlog and not something more, cause the 900 class had no delay. There were guys that only got one day off between ground and procedure trainers. So that doesn't really add up.

Eire78
04-15-2018, 05:46 AM
Just before my interview in March, the info I was given was that training classes were backed up into June. Ok, thatís fine. Then a call saying EOY or 2019 and even that was an estimate. Itís forced me to look elsewhere.

Casualinterest
04-15-2018, 06:27 AM
When is the last scheduled new hire ground then? This is contrary to what we were just told a couple weeks ago in the C building. They said they were doing small classes of 15 until late summer to get caught up on the backup. I know there was a class after us that was January interviewees. Wierd, makes me nervous. I hope it is actually just to catch up on the training backlog and not something more, cause the 900 class had no delay. There were guys that only got one day off between ground and procedure trainers. So that doesn't really add up.I misspoke (was tired) there are new hire classes still going on the rest of the year, they're just smaller. No one without a class date is getting one until the end of summer

Mustang62
04-15-2018, 06:27 AM
I interviewed in January and was offered a class date in late March, but couldnít take it due to another commitment. So I was scheduled in May. The previous commitment fell through, so I called to see about an earlier date. I was told that theyíd push dates back, but not forward. Consequently, I started looking elsewhere and found several 121 gigs that started pretty much right away. Decided to wait for 9E, but then the part 91/135 contract offers started coming in. Itís going to be tough to leave that part of the private stuff behind. It seems that everyone except Endeavor is hurting for pilots.

UNDGUY
04-15-2018, 06:43 AM
[QUOTE=Casualinterest;2572608]I misspoke (was tired) there are new hire classes still going on the rest of the year, they're just smaller. No one without a class date is getting one until the end of summer

Oh ok. Thank you for clarifying. Yea, that is right in line with what they told us. If you were a February interviewee, I would say you should be the first one called after they start back up. I think most January interviewees have class dates and some have already finished ground school. I waited three months only because I already had a good job, I was taking a paycut to come to Endeavor, and they gave me a class date at the interview. With the uncertainty and length of time you guys are talking about, I think I would be looking elsewhere.

DarkSideMoon
04-15-2018, 11:09 AM
I interviewed in January and was offered a class date in late March, but couldnít take it due to another commitment. So I was scheduled in May. The previous commitment fell through, so I called to see about an earlier date. I was told that theyíd push dates back, but not forward. Consequently, I started looking elsewhere and found several 121 gigs that started pretty much right away. Decided to wait for 9E, but then the part 91/135 contract offers started coming in. Itís going to be tough to leave that part of the private stuff behind. It seems that everyone except Endeavor is hurting for pilots.

There's a reason for that.

mojo6911
04-15-2018, 11:49 AM
Endeavor still has plans for growth,they're just prioritizing getting captains spooled up.

Death2Daleks
04-16-2018, 01:54 AM
I interviewed in February, was told a class date of early April over the phone. Passed the interview and was told late Summer, probably Fall. It's a pretty rough wait in this hiring environment.

Avroman
04-16-2018, 06:07 PM

We aren't hurting for new hires, we are hurting for captains. We ran the well dry of qualified FO's willing to put up with New York as captains and then kept trying to send more there... It helped create a shortage of captains. A wise bidding senior FO can make about as much as a reserve captain with much better quality of life here (and that's without factoring in the suck of commuting to a co-domicile New York)

Arliss
04-16-2018, 06:23 PM
Any thoughts of increased bonus for people who meet captain mins?

msprj2
04-16-2018, 06:52 PM
Yup interview at Delta
In 2 years

Mustang62
04-16-2018, 07:10 PM
We aren't hurting for new hires, we are hurting for captains. We ran the well dry of qualified FO's willing to put up with New York as captains and then kept trying to send more there... It helped create a shortage of captains. A wise bidding senior FO can make about as much as a reserve captain with much better quality of life here (and that's without factoring in the suck of commuting to a co-domicile New York)

I know some who were turned away who have the 121 captain mins. Iím pretty close myself. If they had looked into it a little closer, they might have had a couple of quick upgrades.

havick206
04-17-2018, 12:59 AM
I know some who were turned away who have the 121 captain mins. Iím pretty close myself. If they had looked into it a little closer, they might have had a couple of quick upgrades.

When i was in the ENY LGA crew room the other day on a sit, there were at least 3 new hire CAís that interviewed dec/jan/feb that have CJOís with a EDV and waiting on a class date. Just to put things in perspective for you.

Iím sure thereís a bunch of other street CAís/1000+ 121 hour candidates waiting on start dates.

Bartok
04-17-2018, 05:48 AM

Union has always fought this and rightly so.

Pay increases should go to every pilot.

We already pay too much in hiring bonus that the pilot group as a whole does not see.

If pay is the issue then lets raise the whole group's pay again.

Casualinterest
04-17-2018, 07:50 AM
Union has always fought this and rightly so.

Pay increases should go to every pilot.

We already pay too much in hiring bonus that the pilot group as a whole does not see.

If pay is the issue then lets raise the whole group's pay again.We have a winner!!

You clearly don't work for republic

[emoji6]

flysooner9
04-18-2018, 08:51 AM
When i was in the ENY LGA crew room the other day on a sit, there were at least 3 new hire CAís that interviewed dec/jan/feb that have CJOís with a EDV and waiting on a class date. Just to put things in perspective for you.

Iím sure thereís a bunch of other street CAís/1000+ 121 hour candidates waiting on start dates.

I meet captain minimums and was still told no interviews till second half of 2018

HighFlight
04-18-2018, 05:56 PM
So do probably 20% of the FOs on property. CAs are a dime a dozen at EDV now. The shortage is pretty much over, once all the incomings get trained, I believe.

I meet captain minimums and was still told no interviews till second half of 2018

msprj2
04-19-2018, 05:20 AM
So do probably 20% of the FOs on property. CAs are a dime a dozen at EDV now. The shortage is pretty much over, once all the incomings get trained, I believe.

According to LCA ďwhich Iím notĒ
Simulator time for extra lessons and more OE for new hires are the main reasons for the backup. Itís been both new hires and upgrades that are clogging things up. Know your stuff and know where to find it

theUpsideDown
04-19-2018, 07:32 AM
According to LCA ďwhich Iím notĒ
Simulator time for extra lessons and more OE for new hires are the main reasons for the backup. Itís been both new hires and upgrades that are clogging things up. Know your stuff and know where to find it

He words "Spoon feeding" come to mind.

Green Needles
04-19-2018, 07:34 AM

As does the word desperation.

flydiamond
04-19-2018, 08:21 AM

One or two extra sims seems normal and reasonable given the pool of (no discredit to them) inexperienced pilots being hired and the typical sim delays/warmups, but one should not need 8 PTs, 10 MTs, or 6 LOSes to get through. I think our recruiting and training department is doing a good job though. From talking with captains I fly with most of the FOs hitting the line are great and we have a low washout rate compared to other regionals. Reading the PSA boards here it seems like 25% or so of their new hires wash out and it’s nowhere near that here.

TalkTurkey
04-19-2018, 01:26 PM
OMG guys. The reason we aren't hiring anymore is because we are on the verge of possibly merging two work groups again.

KelvinHelmholtz
04-19-2018, 01:30 PM
OMG guys. The reason we aren't hiring anymore is because we are on the verge of possibly merging two work groups again.

Source? Other than the compass rumors thread

TalkTurkey
04-19-2018, 01:33 PM

Classified. I report from the front and never care who believes me or not.

KSCessnaDriver
04-19-2018, 01:49 PM

Certain management saying "we don't have to hire to grow, we can acquire pilots," may have been overheard.

saab340driver
04-19-2018, 06:07 PM
Yes. Its looking like we will be working through an acquisition soon.

HighFlight
04-19-2018, 06:58 PM
I heard EDV is buying SWA. They will get stapled to us.

Yes. Its looking like we will be working through an acquisition soon.

HeyOneTaco
04-19-2018, 07:12 PM
Sure acquire pilots, that doesnít eliminate the training department backlog we have. Also youíre paying them higher rates. This wonít happen at Endeavor again

msprj2
04-20-2018, 02:18 AM
Sure acquire pilots, that doesnít eliminate the training department backlog we have. Also youíre paying them higher rates. This wonít happen at Endeavor again

Maybe we will be the one being
Bought? Goodbye industry leading pay.

gojo
04-20-2018, 08:17 AM
Maybe we will be the one being
Bought? Goodbye industry leading pay.

That wonít happen. Delta has said that Endeavor will be one of the three remaining regionals. They would never lie.

msprj2
04-20-2018, 08:52 AM
That wonít happen. Delta has said that Endeavor will be one of the three remaining regionals. They would never lie.

How does that prevent us from being sold?

gojo
04-20-2018, 09:09 AM
How does that prevent us from being sold?

Do you really believe we will be sold? I was being sarcastic. Maybe you missed that. But Delta did say that they plan on Endeavor being part of the three remaining regionals

msprj2
04-20-2018, 12:29 PM
Do you really believe we will be sold? I was being sarcastic. Maybe you missed that. But Delta did say that they plan on Endeavor being part of the three remaining regionals

No I donít think so nor will they ask me before they do anything.
Iím just saying itís possible It could be the other way around however unlikely.

Bartok
04-20-2018, 01:13 PM
Date
Of
Hire

Casualinterest
04-20-2018, 02:49 PM
Date
Of
HireNot something I want to go through here....

mpet
04-20-2018, 02:49 PM
Date
Of
Hire

Agreed. Filler

Bartok
04-20-2018, 02:58 PM
Not something I want to go through here....

Trust me I donít either.

But DOH would right some wrongs from the last Bloch party if we have to.

Avrogod
04-20-2018, 03:40 PM
Trust me I donít either.

But DOH would right some wrongs from the last Bloch party if we have to.

Actually it wouldn't right those wrongs because you cant reorder a seniority list when you merge it with another seniority list.

KelvinHelmholtz
04-20-2018, 04:31 PM
Actually it wouldn't right those wrongs because you cant reorder a seniority list when you merge it with another seniority list.

Actually you can but it would require the Bloch award to be thrown out like the Nicolau award was when US Airways and AA merged. I donít see that happening since by most accounts the Bloch award would be considered fair and equitable under ALPA merger policy and McCaskill-Bond

Bartok
04-20-2018, 04:36 PM

I can dream

1337pilot
04-21-2018, 11:17 AM
Some of these rumors are great. I'm no DL chode licker, but to those saying they're gonna sell us to some bottom feeder, yeah it really makes sense if you think about it. :rolleyes:
They're still in the process of spending a bunch of money to fix up the pieces of sh1t we got from XJT, our flights are actually mostly on time depending on the amount of interaction they may have with NYC, and not a whole lot is usually broken. Increased hourly rates, standby pass priority improvements, etc. Now could things get better, of course, but if they were getting ready to get rid of us in the near future do you really they'd still be spending all the money time and effort they've been putting into EDV. And even if they did sell us, and our "industry leading pay" went away what do you think would happen when everyone from the middle of the seniority list with 1000 hours and about 25-30ish years old with a couple years at the company went somewhere else that's also hurting for captains and at least offers a flow with the comparative low pay.
But yeah maybe we'll be sold to Spirit and operate the CSeries or E2s they're gonna order for $30/h, and DL is just going to forget all their CRJ-900/700 flying they do or bring XJT back because they do so well with their constantly broken airplanes:rolleyes:

gojo
04-21-2018, 11:32 AM
Some of these rumors are great. I'm no DL chode licker, but to those saying they're gonna sell us to some bottom feeder, yeah it really makes sense if you think about it. :rolleyes:
They're still in the process of spending a bunch of money to fix up the pieces of sh1t we got from XJT, our flights are actually mostly on time depending on the amount of interaction they may have with NYC, and not a whole lot is usually broken. Increased hourly rates, standby pass priority improvements, etc. Now could things get better, of course, but if they were getting ready to get rid of us in the near future do you really they'd still be spending all the money time and effort they've been putting into EDV. And even if they did sell us, and our "industry leading pay" went away what do you think would happen when everyone from the middle of the seniority list with 1000 hours and about 25-30ish years old with a couple years at the company went somewhere else that's also hurting for captains and at least offers a flow with the comparative low pay.
But yeah maybe we'll be sold to Spirit and operate the CSeries or E2s they're gonna order for $30/h, and DL is just going to forget all their CRJ-900/700 flying they do or bring XJT back because they do so well with their constantly broken airplanes:rolleyes:

The condition of the ExpressJet planes should be correlated with Skywest.

1337pilot
04-21-2018, 12:19 PM
The condition of the ExpressJet planes should be correlated with Skywest.
Skywest let them go that way so DL would do exactly what DL did, end the XJT contract. Skywest wants to get rid of XJT because XJT has a union which Skywest is very against. I'm sure they offered all the XJT pilots a nice spot right at the bottom of their seniority list.

gojo
04-21-2018, 12:41 PM
Skywest let them go that way so DL would do exactly what DL did, end the XJT contract. Skywest wants to get rid of XJT because XJT has a union which Skywest is very against. I'm sure they offered all the XJT pilots a nice spot right at the bottom of their seniority list.

Oh Iím fully aware of the chain of events since Skywest purchased ASA. It was all about market share. Even now theyíre coming out ahead with a bunch of new E170 somethings in exchange for a bunch of those 700ís. I just get a little frustrated when people say ExpressJet sucks or their planes are junk. They ran a pretty good airline before Skywest got a hold of them. And if Skywest pilots had any kahunas and realalzed their self worth the gap between the two groups would probably have been negligible. I guess if I owned two companies and one company *****d themselves out for say 25% less (just throwing a number out) Iíd probably do the same thing.

1337pilot
04-21-2018, 01:27 PM
Oh I’m fully aware of the chain of events since Skywest purchased ASA. It was all about market share. Even now they’re coming out ahead with a bunch of new E170 somethings in exchange for a bunch of those 700’s. I just get a little frustrated when people say ExpressJet sucks or their planes are junk. They ran a pretty good airline before Skywest got a hold of them. And if Skywest pilots had any kahunas and realalzed their self worth the gap between the two groups would probably have been negligible. I guess if I owned two companies and one company *****d themselves out for say 25% less (just throwing a number out) I’d probably do the same thing.
Yeah, you're right, its not really their fault. I think ALPA has tried to go to Skywest but the pilots said no in the past. Pilots are our own worst enemy, we could still be making a lot more even here. But there's too many people in the profession at least at the regional level that as best I can describe it are against getting paid, which I don't understand. Yes if we simply demand we not only will get our shiny jet but we can also get paid a lot to fly it as we should. I guess when you graduate from ERAU you don't care about making money, however, at somepoint reality has to set in, but when you set the standard at basically working for free for so long its hard to change it.

Anyway, make sure you wear your hat and make them gate announcements every 5 minutes on the dot.

KSCessnaDriver
04-21-2018, 08:58 PM

Except it didn't end the way that OO wanted it to. They had no intention of letting a single plane leave the INC umbrella, just switching operators.

TalkTurkey
04-27-2018, 06:58 AM

I think you may have some valid points. But I was displaced by:
run-on sentences
lack of punctuation
horrible grammar
profanity

But at least your spelling is okay.

FollowMe
04-27-2018, 10:30 AM
Except it didn't end the way that OO wanted it to. They had no intention of letting a single plane leave the INC umbrella, just switching operators.

And why would OO prefer an aging CRJ fleet that they don't own versus new EJets that they do? OO's biggest security measure in this market is that they own their lift, mainlines can choose to shift flying to other operators but in order to do so with OO they not only have to secure an alternate operator but also acquire metal.

da42pilot
05-14-2018, 12:21 PM
Out of sheer curiosity, does anyone know if endeavor actually checks employment references? Been asked by someone to be a reference and I haven't received any calls. It's been weeks. . .

Thanks.

flydiamond
05-14-2018, 09:22 PM
Out of sheer curiosity, does anyone know if endeavor actually checks employment references? Been asked by someone to be a reference and I haven't received any calls. It's been weeks. . .

Thanks.

They didnít call my references. I imagine the contacting of references is on a ďas neededĒ basis...

EyeInTheSky23
05-18-2018, 02:51 PM
Hey y'all, I am looking to make the switch to Endeavor but had a few questions. Out of curiosity what does Holiday Pay, and Duty and Trip RIG look like?

Two Kings
05-18-2018, 02:55 PM
Hey y'all, I am looking to make the switch to Endeavor but had a few questions. Out of curiosity what does Holiday Pay, and Duty and Trip RIG look like?

We donít have any of this. The closest thing to a trip rig is a guaranteed 25 hours of pay credit for a 5 day trip. Thatís about it. Otherwise youíre looking at a min day pay credit of 4 hours.

EyeInTheSky23
05-18-2018, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the info Two Kings.

prex8390
05-18-2018, 03:11 PM

Does any airline have holiday pay? Honest question, i was leaning at no

EyeInTheSky23
05-18-2018, 03:15 PM
I didn't think so, but I thought I heard Endeavor might. Guess not.

PotatoChip
05-18-2018, 04:00 PM

I actually think JetBlue does.

flydiamond
05-18-2018, 04:06 PM

With regard to the rigs... as was said, we don’t have them. To give you an idea of our schedule quality, average block per duty period across all positions on the 900 (bulk of the fleet) generally runs about 5:20. Average credit a day be a bit higher as far as credit goes due to continuous duty overnights, days protected by min day, deadheads etc. Our leg by leg credit or better pay scheme helps drive up credit as well (especially flying into and out of the congested airports we do). I’d say all in all our schedules are decent to great (anywhere from 11-19 days off, depending on your seniority).

HighFlight
05-18-2018, 06:32 PM
JB is about the only one I know of that does.

NotMe
05-18-2018, 07:01 PM
JB is about the only one I know of that does.

OO has holiday pay, about the only positive pay related thing they have right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WesternSkies
05-19-2018, 01:28 AM
And a turkey coupon. So...

NotMe
05-19-2018, 05:06 AM
And a turkey coupon. So...

Hey, you can use it to get veggies too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4V14T0R
05-19-2018, 07:21 AM

Republic does. I actually thought it was pretty common, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gojo
05-19-2018, 07:41 AM

Naw, that would take money from mainline profit sharing

KelvinHelmholtz
05-19-2018, 08:02 AM

How much is holiday pay? I imagine pretty insignificant in the long run

4V14T0R
05-19-2018, 08:09 AM
How much is holiday pay? I imagine pretty insignificant in the long run

An additional 4:12 on New Years Day, Super Bowl Sunday, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas

Not exactly insignificant.

msprj2
05-19-2018, 12:51 PM
An additional 4:12 on New Years Day, Super Bowl Sunday, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas

Not exactly insignificant.

Thats just there to keep you from calling in sick. If you dont actually
work on those dates you dont get paid. My guess is the cheap old lifers
bid to work it and the jr pilots work the day before and after.

WesternSkies
05-19-2018, 01:27 PM

You only donít get paid it if you were scheduled to work it but donít. Everyone get 4:12.

Blackhawk
05-19-2018, 01:57 PM
In my 35 years of flying, military, GA, 135 and 121 I have NEVER seen a transfer of aircraft where the receiving entity did not complain about the condition of the airframes. Never.

4V14T0R
05-19-2018, 01:58 PM

Do you ever get paid for days you donít work?

I donít understand your point.

TalkTurkey
05-19-2018, 09:38 PM
In my 35 years of flying, military, GA, 135 and 121 I have NEVER seen a transfer of aircraft where the receiving entity did not complain about the condition of the airframes. Never.

Great point. Well kind of. It's definitely true though. We all do it.

Flogger
05-20-2018, 03:02 AM

And I've never seen aircraft which were destined for transfer receive the best TLC in their final weeks at the losing entity.

The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Blackhawk
05-20-2018, 03:40 PM
And I've never seen aircraft which were destined for transfer receive the best TLC in their final weeks at the losing entity.

The truth is somewhere in the middle.

I do agree. While the airframes are never in pristine condition I don't think they are the dogs many receiving mechanics claim. I actually think much of it has to do with different mechanics emphasizing different things. Yes, they all use the same maintenance manual. But they still emphasize different things based on their training and life experience.

amcnd
05-21-2018, 07:47 AM
At OO you donít have to work the holiday to get the pay .. just canít call in sick the day of/before/after.. one of the few perks OO has. Management has been trying to get rid of it for a long time...

Blueskies21
05-21-2018, 10:44 AM
At OO you donít have to work the holiday to get the pay .. Management has been trying to get rid of it for a long time...

Trying to get rid of it for a long time? Skywest is non union and therefore doesn't have a "contract " per se, as such, if management wanted to take something away, they could do it tomorrow.

So no, management hasn't been "trying". Maybe they've talked about it, but if they tried, it'd be done and you couldn't do boo about it.

Reasons to be union....

WesternSkies
05-21-2018, 11:07 AM
Trying to get rid of it for a long time? Skywest is non union and therefore doesn't have a "contract " per se, as such, if management wanted to take something away, they could do it tomorrow.

So no, management hasn't been "trying". Maybe they've talked about it, but if they tried, it'd be done and you couldn't do boo about it.

Reasons to be union....

You are misinformed.

gojo
05-21-2018, 11:23 AM
You are misinformed.

How so?
Filler

KSCessnaDriver
05-21-2018, 11:28 AM
You are misinformed.

Remind me again how they just wrecked your already awful reserve rules?

WesternSkies
05-21-2018, 01:37 PM
Remind me again how they just wrecked your already awful reserve rules?

The pilot association came up with the idea and signed it..
So not really applicable to the topic but nice try.

JC1210
05-21-2018, 02:25 PM
Any new information when interviews and hiring will pick back up?

Baradium
05-21-2018, 02:47 PM

I am continuously amazed how they manage to make you as a group think these things are just pilot ideas.

WesternSkies
05-21-2018, 02:53 PM
I am continuously amazed how they manage to make you as a group think these things are just pilot ideas.

:confused: This pilot group has been talking about adding reserve trip proffering for years. Company signed off on it finally because a knuckle
head named Zac sold the rest of the reserve group out to get it.

KSCessnaDriver
05-21-2018, 03:15 PM

You mean the company told the student council, do this or we will find someone who will? Get a union and that crap won't happy. But ya'll drink the company beverages like a dehydrated horse.

WesternSkies
05-21-2018, 03:27 PM
You mean the company told the student council, do this or we will find someone who will? Get a union and that crap won't happy. But ya'll drink the company beverages like a dehydrated horse.

Who is what capacity? Can you give an example?
Are day dreaming and passing it off as reality?

HighFlight
05-21-2018, 04:56 PM
Donít get all riled up. If you are happy where you are, then no one elseís opinion on APC will matter to you.

Personally, I think SKW has a great pilot group, but you are all being taken for granted pay wise. Your company should be paying you more than EDV pilots make. You good folks are why SKW is profitable. Hopefully, the next round of pay negotiations will net you guys and gals closer to what you deserve. But honestly, I donít see it happening as long as management keeps you from forming a union. (And I am NOT a fan of unions. But they CAN be good for the employees)

I have a really good friend at SKW, and he works hard, and loves his job. But like most, he is anxiously updating his apps and trying to get out. Hopefully, he makes it soon, because he deserves SO MUCH MORE than SKW will ever give him. And I am sure that is true for may of your peeps.

Who is what capacity? Can you give an example?
Are day dreaming and passing it off as reality?

amcnd
05-21-2018, 05:42 PM

Reasons to be union....

Well historically over the 45 year history SkyWest management hasnít done such a thing... they may bend the interpretation of certain things. Like requiring fatigue reports to be sent in, if you donít except a extension. But they have never taken away holiday pay, my turkey certificate, never canceled my vacation, never taken away my 6 bonus checks, ect. Guess what im trying to say. If SkyWest was as bad as people like to trash on here. (No union, crap everything) They wouldnít have 500+ aircraft and 4600 pilots.. they would be a small under 1000 pilot group...

Blueskies21
05-21-2018, 07:52 PM
Well historically over the 45 year history SkyWest management hasnít done such a thing... they may bend the interpretation of certain things. Like requiring fatigue reports to be sent in, if you donít except a extension. But they have never taken away holiday pay, my turkey certificate, never canceled my vacation, never taken away my 6 bonus checks, ect. Guess what im trying to say. If SkyWest was as bad as people like to trash on here. (No union, crap everything) They wouldnít have 500+ aircraft and 4600 pilots.. they would be a small under 1000 pilot group...

For clarity, I have no problems with Skywest just pointing out you don't have a union or contract. Your terms of employment are changeable by the company at any time. They've been nice so far, that's good. I don't generally like to depend on the benevolence of my employer, I like to have it in writing... but I'm strange that way...

Anyway, you're not going to be convinced of the benefits of a union, whatever koolaid they serve in SLC it's strong stuff...

Avroman
05-21-2018, 07:55 PM
I do agree. While the airframes are never in pristine condition I don't think they are the dogs many receiving mechanics claim. I actually think much of it has to do with different mechanics emphasizing different things. Yes, they all use the same maintenance manual. But they still emphasize different things based on their training and life experience.

And there probably is a level of what do certain pilots write up now, and others wait til a maintenance base, except they might forget or not get to a base before a swap. But I have seen several transfers both coming and going in my career and, absolutely the company dumping planes starts getting cheap on repairs.

Casualinterest
05-21-2018, 08:48 PM
Any new information when interviews and hiring will pick back up?Nothing new, still the same thing as before. Look to see cjo holders get class dates throughout summer and hiring to pick back up towards the end of summer

gojo
05-22-2018, 04:42 AM

Well you have to admit, it is very one sided. Look at all the the things Skywest has either duplicated or taken advantage of because of union dues paying people. Now pay is considerably lower at Skywest and thus hurting negotiating power at other regionals.

amcnd
05-22-2018, 09:09 AM
For clarity, I have no problems with Skywest just pointing out you don't have a union or contract. Your terms of employment are changeable by the company at any time. They've been nice so far, that's good. I don't generally like to depend on the benevolence of my employer, I like to have it in writing... but I'm strange that way...

Anyway, you're not going to be convinced of the benefits of a union, whatever koolaid they serve in SLC it's strong stuff...

Iíve been alpa (5 years worth) honestly 3 years ago I would still have said. ďNo thanksĒ... but now, I would say its about time.(not because i feel my job threatened or that they will take away my vacation pay, just because were to big now) But it will be painful. You know it will probably take 5íish years to get a contract at OO. Management would drag there feet. In the meantime. We would slip further behind except for our bonus checks. Because the compuwould rack in the benefit of not having to do anything for years...

hc0fitted
05-22-2018, 10:28 AM

Gojet surprisingly does.

TalkTurkey
05-22-2018, 01:50 PM
Iíve been alpa (5 years worth) honestly 3 years ago I would still have said. ďNo thanksĒ... but now, I would say its about time.(not because i feel my job threatened or that they will take away my vacation pay, just because were to big now) But it will be painful. You know it will probably take 5íish years to get a contract at OO. Management would drag there feet. In the meantime. We would slip further behind except for our bonus checks. Because the compuwould rack in the benefit of not having to do anything for years...

Holy moly. Good thing youíre not a writer. Lol.

Death2Daleks
05-22-2018, 05:20 PM
Nothing new, still the same thing as before. Look to see cjo holders get class dates throughout summer and hiring to pick back up towards the end of summer

How true is this? I was told CJOs wouldn't start getting called until late summer/fall at the earliest because the summer is full of captain only classes?

Avroman
05-22-2018, 06:56 PM
How true is this? I was told CJOs wouldn't start getting called until late summer/fall at the earliest because the summer is full of captain only classes?

No, they were simply going from 2 down to 1 new hire class a month to put more focus on upgrades, but that 1 new hire class is for those already interviewed and in the pool, they aren't interviewing this summer as there are more than enough already in the pool unless they start jumping elsewhere rather than waiting on us.

mkc1
05-26-2018, 03:45 AM
I apologize if this has been covered, but whatís the projections on how long new hires will be sitting on reserve with all of the classes backed up?

Also, what are the hard reserve rules for a commuter? For example if I had two flights out of my home airport and couldnít make it on either would that get me in trouble?

teddy3412
05-26-2018, 04:18 AM
I apologize if this has been covered, but whatís the projections on how long new hires will be sitting on reserve with all of the classes backed up?

Also, what are the hard reserve rules for a commuter? For example if I had two flights out of my home airport and couldnít make it on either would that get me in trouble?

You would not be in trouble if you missed the 2 flights. You would be protected by the commuter clause. If the 2nd flight was on Delta then you'd be offered positive space in order to get on and make it to work.

JulesWinfield
05-26-2018, 08:17 AM

We have a call in honest policy. As stated already, we get positive space on the 2nd flight if we miss the first.

Death2Daleks
06-12-2018, 05:57 AM
Can confirm that classes are back to normal sizes. I was told late summer/fall, possibly 2019 for a class date at interview in February. Recently got a call about classes open as early July! Looks like things might be back to normal since the merger deal fell through?

StarvnPilot
06-12-2018, 08:25 AM
Can confirm that classes are back to normal sizes. I was told late summer/fall, possibly 2019 for a class date at interview in February. Recently got a call about classes open as early July! Looks like things might be back to normal since the merger deal fell through?

I interviewed beginning of March and received a call yesterday for a July 9th class

Bornflying
06-12-2018, 08:29 AM

By normal you mean 25-30 per class, 2 times per month?

Punkah Louvre
06-12-2018, 08:48 AM
No, they were simply going from 2 down to 1 new hire class a month to put more focus on upgrades, but that 1 new hire class is for those already interviewed and in the pool, they aren't interviewing this summer as there are more than enough already in the pool unless they start jumping elsewhere rather than waiting on us.

We're hiring 55/m, 2 classes/m starting in July. Normal service has resumed.
As an aside; a number of junior FO's have mentioned reserve times are falling; in NY at least.

flydiamond
06-12-2018, 09:20 AM
As an aside; a number of junior FO's have mentioned reserve times are falling; in NY at least.
Not true about reserve times. July bid pack still has 900 fos hires from last September 18th still on reserve. The June pbs award shows about the same. Reserve time will not fall in nyc 900 fo until 900 fos begin accepting upgrades into the 200 versus having these positions go to ďstreet captainsĒ and the company realizes they donít need 100 900 reserve fos a month at the expense of credit pushing junior 900 fo lineholders into 11 day off schedules... worse than reserve.

msprj2
06-13-2018, 06:02 AM
Not true about reserve times. July bid pack still has 900 fos hires from last September 18th still on reserve. The June pbs award shows about the same. Reserve time will not fall in nyc 900 fo until 900 fos begin accepting upgrades into the 200 versus having these positions go to ďstreet captainsĒ and the company realizes they donít need 100 900 reserve fos a month at the expense of credit pushing junior 900 fo lineholders into 11 day off schedules... worse than reserve.

Ok so when did those September hires get online? Are we looking at 7 months of
RSV.

msprj2
06-13-2018, 06:05 AM

After washouts and mainline hires is this net growth of 10 pilots a month?

flydiamond
06-13-2018, 08:23 AM
Ok so when did those September hires get online? Are we looking at 7 months of
RSV.

3-4 months typically, so probably 6 months, but whoís to say. Itís really dependent on the companyís plans for growth and the mood of the senior fos (whether they upgrade or not).

flydiamond
06-13-2018, 08:28 AM
After washouts and mainline hires is this net growth of 10 pilots a month?

Attrition here runs about 25-30 a month, not including training washouts. Company does not publish training washouts but itís less than Or around 10%. So thatís about a net gain of 20 pilots per month, enough to grow the fleet by 2 planes a month...last time they were hiring 55 pilots a month we were growing by 2 planes a month (first 200s then 700s and 900s)...

1337pilot
06-13-2018, 11:56 AM
Not true about reserve times. July bid pack still has 900 fos hires from last September 18th still on reserve. The June pbs award shows about the same. Reserve time will not fall in nyc 900 fo until 900 fos begin accepting upgrades into the 200 versus having these positions go to “street captains” and the company realizes they don’t need 100 900 reserve fos a month at the expense of credit pushing junior 900 fo lineholders into 11 day off schedules... worse than reserve.
If you want a 900 upgrade and aren't a street CA you will probably get one as it is. As long as you're ok with starting in NYC.

Bruno82
06-14-2018, 02:35 PM
If anyone is interested, I applied in early April and received an email a month later saying that they had received my application, but they are not interviewing at this time. I received another email today inviting me to schedule a time for a phone interview.

1337pilot
06-14-2018, 02:39 PM
If anyone is interested, I applied in early April and received an email a month later saying that they had received my application, but they are not interviewing at this time. I received another email today inviting me to schedule a time for a phone interview.
Yes, we will be hiring again, as whatever deal they thought they were gonna make for someone's pilots didn't come through. Take the phone interview and take the first class they offer and get your seniority number if you want to work here.

HighFlight
06-14-2018, 03:52 PM
I think it was more like 13-18% between 2016 and late 2017, might be better now.

Attrition here runs about 25-30 a month, not including training washouts. Company does not publish training washouts but itís less than Or around 10%. So thatís about a net gain of 20 pilots per month, enough to grow the fleet by 2 planes a month...last time they were hiring 55 pilots a month we were growing by 2 planes a month (first 200s then 700s and 900s)...

mexipilot84
06-17-2018, 10:09 AM
June 4th class. 8 in class 2 got 900NYC and the 6 other 200NYC.

July looks like itís going back to full force.

flysooner9
06-19-2018, 05:04 AM
For what itís worth I applied in March. Finally got called to interview last week. Iíve all ready started class somewhere else. But good news for people wanting to get into 9E. Sounds like hiring is going back to normal.

AFSOCFlyr
06-21-2018, 05:24 PM
Yes, we will be hiring again, as whatever deal they thought they were gonna make for someone's pilots didn't come through. Take the phone interview and take the first class they offer and get your seniority number if you want to work here.

Confirm that an in-person interview in MSP is required prior to a CJO? ie no phone-only or job fair interviews? I know that they fly you up, etc..I'm just short on days off. Thanks!

JulesWinfield
06-21-2018, 07:16 PM
Confirm that an in-person interview in MSP is required prior to a CJO? ie no phone-only or job fair interviews? I know that they fly you up, etc..I'm just short on days off. Thanks!

You have to interview in person. It is the "Delta" way.

prex8390
06-22-2018, 12:25 AM

This isnít Mesa, the recruiting team actually wants to meet the people they are hiring. Hiring has taken an active turn Into taking people that they feel Would at least be sorta a fit at delta mainline

clueless
06-22-2018, 03:50 AM
You have to interview in person. It is the "Delta" way.

I heard (yea, "I heard" is always a credible way to start) that years ago, G7 did a skype interview and ended up hiring a guy with one arm. Some AME gave this guy a 1st class medical with 1 arm...I guess that's legal?

prex8390
06-22-2018, 03:54 AM
I heard (yea, "I heard" is always a credible way to start) that years ago, G7 did a skype interview and ended up hiring a guy with one arm. Some AME gave this guy a 1st class medical with 1 arm...I guess that's legal?

I remember hearing stories about when Mesa gave interviews and class dates over the phone like 3 years ago people would just make up names and get them hired as a prank.

UNDGUY
06-22-2018, 05:03 AM
Endeavor was doing on-campus interviews and offering CJOs at certain universities. That was back in December.

MTlife
06-22-2018, 05:31 AM
Endeavor was doing on-campus interviews and offering CJOs at certain universities. That was back in December.

We still do that, itís part of the STEP program. Those are full interviews just like you would get in MSP as well.

Philknight
06-22-2018, 08:19 AM
I got offered a class date at Mesa as I was completing IOE at a previous airline. No joke I was walking up the jetbridge answered my phone. ďMr Knight we have you scheduled to start class this Monday are you interested??Ē Pause for effect. ďErm nope where did you get my number from?Ē
I remember hearing stories about when Mesa gave interviews and class dates over the phone like 3 years ago people would just make up names and get them hired as a prank.

itsmytime
06-22-2018, 11:33 AM
This isnít Mesa, the recruiting team actually wants to meet the people they are hiring. Hiring has taken an active turn Into taking people that they feel Would at least be sorta a fit at delta mainline

Ha ha. Awesome! So Iíve got no guaranteed path to Delta, but I need to be a fit at Delta?

prex8390
06-22-2018, 12:36 PM
Ha ha. Awesome! So Iíve got no guaranteed path to Delta, but I need to be a fit at Delta?

Yeah kinda. You can go to piedmont tho and be at American in 3 years tho. My gf work there and she says all the pilots who are mainline say hold out for United or delta to call them. American is a major but you can have a better life elsewhere is basically what u hear a lot from her when she talks to the pilots. Us DGI Guys now have at least have a opportunity to make something of ourselves.

Two Kings
06-22-2018, 01:35 PM

Well we will see about that. They tried doing that a few years ago and that programs didn't really work out too well.

flydiamond
06-22-2018, 01:41 PM
Well we will see about that. They tried doing that a few years ago and that programs didn't really work out too well.

I donít think theyíre trying to hire Deltaís fit so much as being selective in who they hire since weíre currently one of the more desireable airlines and can afford to be picky and have standards.

Shadre Reevis
06-22-2018, 02:37 PM
Us DGI Guys now have at least have a opportunity to make something of ourselves.This made me laugh

TalkTurkey
06-22-2018, 02:39 PM
This made me laugh

I may be slow and dull, but Iím still trying to decipher that comment.

flywithjohn
06-22-2018, 05:34 PM

Yes in person, not necessarily in MSP though.

DragonFlyer14
07-05-2018, 09:43 AM
Any word on when the next available class dates are? Are they still hiring for late 2018 or are confirmed class dates only being given out for 2019?

flywithjohn
07-05-2018, 09:47 AM
Any word on when the next available class dates are? Are they still hiring for late 2018 or are confirmed class dates only being given out for 2019?

They are back to regular capacity at around 50-60 a month spread out over two classes.

KSCessnaDriver
07-05-2018, 10:07 AM
They are back to regular capacity at around 50-60 a month spread out over two classes.

I thought that I had heard it was 4 smaller classes a month now. Or that it was in the works to do that, to smooth the scheduling issues

blindfayth
07-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Earliest class dates are currently August.

flywithjohn
07-05-2018, 02:12 PM
I thought that I had heard it was 4 smaller classes a month now. Or that it was in the works to do that, to smooth the scheduling issues

That was the case, I'm not sure why or what happened to change it in first place let alone why it returned to high volume. Right now there is minimal delays unless your 200. But that is being caused by an OE problem. Last I heard there is around 50 people waiting for OE at 5-7 weeks after LOE.

aviatorpr
07-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Right now there is minimal delays unless your 200. But that is being caused by an OE problem. Last I heard there is around 50 people waiting for OE at 5-7 weeks after LOE.

Just started OE after 50 days off between the LOE on the 200. :eek:

JulesWinfield
07-05-2018, 04:36 PM
900 training is fast. I was done with OE in under 3 months.

PotatoChip
07-05-2018, 04:45 PM

43 days for me.

flywithjohn
07-05-2018, 05:41 PM

Sounds about right - 200 delays are the result of the perfect storm of a
smaller fleet with less OE captains, less routes and they are shorter so OE takes longer. There is people who were hired in January still waiting to touch a plane.

KSCessnaDriver
07-05-2018, 07:44 PM
Sounds about right - 200 delays are the result of the perfect storm of a
smaller fleet with less OE captains, less routes and they are shorter so OE takes longer. There is people who were hired in January still waiting to touch a plane.

Less OE captains was caused more by the fact that a large percentage of 200 LCA's were in MSP. When the MSP 200 base closed, they went to MSP9 rather than another base.

flywithjohn
07-05-2018, 08:31 PM
Less OE captains was caused more by the fact that a large percentage of 200 LCA's were in MSP. When the MSP 200 base closed, they went to MSP9 rather than another base.
Good point - why 200 MSP closed I still do not understand. The amount of 200s I see in MSP hasnít shrunk far as I can tell - they just say SKYW now.

aviatorpr
07-06-2018, 03:35 AM
Agree with what has been said regarding smaller fleet size and less LCA, however I think put 85% of the new hire classes this spring into the 200 has been a large contributer. Iíve enjoyed my paid vacay except for having to wait to get the pay bump until
after OE is completed

Avroman
07-06-2018, 06:05 AM
Good point - why 200 MSP closed I still do not understand. The amount of 200s I see in MSP hasnít shrunk far as I can tell - they just say SKYW now.

Because many of the markets out of MSP are EAS and at risk flying that SkyWest is willing to do but Delta will not allow us to do. The final straw to our MSP 200 base was Delta's continued reductions in distance that they allow the plane to fly. When the distance was reduced below the distance to CVG, it cut off the pathway to move planes and crews into the rest of our system. There wasn't enough flying left in MSP to justify keeping a base there with SkyWest there too. While there are upsides to being a wholly owned, one of the big downsides is we get stuck with all the flying nobody else wants (New York, ATL... you know the places with the most IROPS and biggest likelihood for schedule disruptions.)

jcullen4
07-18-2018, 12:33 PM
I have a phone interview this Friday w/ Endeavor. I applied with 1080hrs and currently have just over 1100TT...I need 1500 for ATP (I don't qualify for the lower ATP mins..) I have 900hrs MEL, though that doesn't seem to matter w/ regionals.

Being 400hrs short of ATP, I'm not sure what to expect on this phone call.

Any thoughts?

Space Ranger
07-18-2018, 01:04 PM
I have a phone interview this Friday w/ Endeavor. I applied with 1080hrs and currently have just over 1100TT...I need 1500 for ATP (I don't qualify for the lower ATP mins..) I have 900hrs MEL, though that doesn't seem to matter w/ regionals.

Any thoughts?

CJOís are good for 6 months from what I can recall. Not that youíll get a CJO over the phone. Probably schedule the real interview for when youíre closer to mins.

Punkah Louvre
07-18-2018, 01:05 PM

Any thoughts?
Expect a conversation about why you'd like to work for Endeavor; what you've done so far and where you want to be in the future

Space Ranger
07-18-2018, 03:01 PM
Expect a conversation about why you'd like to work for Endeavor; what you've done so far and where you want to be in the future

ďI like Delta. I want to be Delta. Please turn me into sky god like Delta.Ē

**Alright put Ďer their Billy youíre hired!!**

Punkah Louvre
07-18-2018, 03:08 PM

Telling an employer what they want to hear is hardly unique to Endeavor or Delta. Say much to the contrary and itís likely to be a short phone call...

prex8390
07-18-2018, 03:23 PM

All jokes aside. Kinda legit what theyíre looking for.

But as a real answer. Theyíll ask you why you want to be here; what youíve been doing as is recent, what you like about flying and aviation and what got you in. Basically the first part of most interviews.

skytrails
07-18-2018, 05:36 PM
Whatís the upgrade time for someone with prior 121?

flydiamond
07-18-2018, 06:00 PM
Whatís the upgrade time for someone with prior 121?

Depends on any growth. No growth I wouldnít count on a fast upgrade at all. That said, expect a fast upgrade onto the 200.

VoiceOfReason
07-19-2018, 11:56 AM
What’s the upgrade time for someone with prior 121?

Took me about 8 months from FO OE to day one of upgrade. Others are breezing into upgrade after indoc...depends on how much prior 121 you have. Get in now before things get really interesting.

Jecain7
07-22-2018, 01:12 PM
I've already got a CL65 type, does that reduce the training foot print at all or still have to go through the whole thing?

SurelySerious
07-22-2018, 02:40 PM
I believe the whole training footprint

Varsity
07-22-2018, 06:22 PM
What's the seat lock? 200/900?

teddy3412
07-22-2018, 06:24 PM
What's the seat lock? 200/900?

18 months.

Boats and Hos
07-24-2018, 09:10 AM
My other post in the other thread. Good luck.

prex8390
07-24-2018, 11:37 AM
My other post in the other thread. Good luck.

To keep in mind. Boats and hoes came from expressjet and had glamorous expectations of caviar and cognac. And it wasnít that so heís had it against the company in every possible way to get mass fatigue falls and the like.

There are people here they are not very happy with endeavor. But they are far and few to come by

JulesWinfield
07-24-2018, 02:54 PM
To keep in mind. Boats and hoes came from expressjet and had glamorous expectations of caviar and cognac. And it wasnít that so heís had it against the company in every possible way to get mass fatigue falls and the like.

There are people here they are not very happy with endeavor. But they are far and few to come by

He's right about people sitting on reserve for a year. I won't consolidate at the rate I'm going.

msprj2
07-24-2018, 02:59 PM
He's right about people sitting on reserve for a year. I won't consolidate at the rate I'm going.

Past performance does not guarantee future results!

prex8390
07-24-2018, 03:29 PM

Anyone will admit, that reserve here is about a year long, and that sucks. but his grievances against endeavor Are basically among those in a massively small portion of the company. Like I said, nobody promised him the moon, yet heís ****ed he didnít get it

MIkeFavinger
07-24-2018, 10:08 PM
Anyone will admit, that reserve here is about a year long, and that sucks. but his grievances against endeavor Are basically among those in a massively small portion of the company. Like I said, nobody promised him the moon, yet heís ****ed he didnít get it
5-8 months depending on airframe in NYC as of August. (Oct 900/Jan 200 when adding 3 months for training).

Punkah Louvre
07-25-2018, 07:04 AM
5-8 months depending on airframe in NYC as of August. (Oct 900/Jan 200 when adding 3 months for training).
And remember; RSV is a moving target. As an new hire FO 2 years ago I (didn't) sit RSV for 2 months. I flew 85-90hrs a month and then got a line with 15 days off.

We are planning growth of 25% across the company per Bill (33% DCI lift to at least 40%)
Its safe to bet more of that fleet growth will be 2 class. The miniBus will not take all NYC flying either, as some have suggested. It is initially going to NYC & SLC and I think Republic is more likely to be impacted most as the 175s currently do more of the longest legs (DFW, iAH, MSY) et al. Of course we will loose some, and the heavy will pick up some deuce flying. Mainline wants dual class in NY.

Sitting RSV sucks. FO's are sitting around and CAs are being brutalized. Look at Junior NYC CA 900 lines and see much people are awarded in the credit push. Sometimes its over 100h!

This business is feast or famine. get used to it. You will consolidate. you will get off RSV. You will hold a 16 day off line. You will do a decent job and upgrade.
Then you'll move on. Enjoy your time here. One day you'll look back fondly.

Picard
07-25-2018, 08:57 PM
10 FO's to 900 NYC,
6 FO's to 200 NYC.

flydiamond
07-26-2018, 03:17 AM
10 FO's to 900 NYC,
6 FO's to 200 NYC.

Also, the vacancy that came out yesterday shows 73% of near term new hire slots are on the 900 in nyc versus 27% on the 200. Whether a class will be split such as this one or all 200 or 900 is purely at company discretion.

Also, DTW is essentially a new hire base now. You wonít get it on the initial award in ground school but you should get it before IOE ends on either fleet.

aviatorpr
07-26-2018, 05:20 AM
10 FO's to 900 NYC,
6 FO's to 200 NYC.

16 x 2 classes doesnt euqal 50-60/month I've been hearing everyone say. Are we returning back to large classes in August, anyone know?

Punkah Louvre
07-26-2018, 08:00 AM
16 x 2 classes doesnt euqal 50-60/month I've been hearing everyone say. Are we returning back to large classes in August, anyone know?
We're goaled with hiring 55/m for the foreseeable future.
//PL

wiggy15
07-26-2018, 08:58 AM

July was intentionally smaller classes. August resumed 60 a month.